BTL Group Ltd (BTL), a leader in blockchain technology, today announced its successful listing on the Venture Board of the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSXV:BTL). In addition, the company has raised $2,000,000 CAD to invest in advancing its core, proprietary blockchain technology. Key investors in this transaction include, Shafin Diamond, British Columbia Angel Investor of the Year, Harry Dobson, Brian Hinchcliffe & Vela Technologies.
In addition, the company has raised $2,000,000 CAD to invest in advancing its core, proprietary blockchain technology. Key investors in this transaction include, Shafin Diamond, British Columbia Angel Investor of the Year, Harry Dobson, Brian Hinchcliffe & Vela Technologies.
This announcement comes on the heels of a recent Economist article that exclaims that blockchain technology will be a catalyst for changing how the global economy operates. BTL is at the pulse of this international FinTech movement, and as a key game-changer, the organization looks to promote the development of blockchain technologies through in-house development and investments in early stage start-ups.
In addition to the Toronto Stock Exchange Venture listing, the company is announcing the build-out of its ground-breaking remittance platform, Interbit. Interbit leverages blockchain technology to drastically reduce the cost of remittance for customers, and as such, it is poised for significant global commercial success. Currently a $550bn dollar global industry, remittance from the UK and Canada reached over $23bn, respectively, in 2011 alone.
Using the Interbit platform, customers will be able to remit money from the United Kingdom and Canada to a number of global territories including South America, Southeast Asia and Africa. By leveraging exciting new technology, Interbit aspires to be able to reduce the cost of remittance, to some countries, by over 80%. Investing in the remittance market supports BTL’s aim of becoming a diversified and forward-thinking FinTech enterprise.
BTL was founded by Guy and Hugh Halford-Thompson. Together, Guy & Hugh have over 4 years of experience in the blockchain space, operating a multi- national bitcoin brokerage firm, Quickbitcoin. Notably, as leading figures in the bitcoin space, Guy and Hugh were able to bring one of the first bitcoin ATMs into London, UK in April 2014. Further to this, BTL was recently accepted into Level39, Europe’s premier accelerator in Canary Wharf, London, UK. Opened in March 2013 by Boris Johnson, Mayor of London, Level39 is currently Europe’s largest technology accelerator space supporting companies within the future cities technology, finance, cyber-securities, and retail sectors. In only a matter of two years, Level39 has quickly become one of the most influential hubs within Tech City.
“Today represents an important milestone for BTL. We are proud to be the first blockchain technology company to be listed on the TSX Venture – it is a phenomenal achievement. Critically, we believe this move further validates our assumptions for blockchain technologies, and allows us to maximise our reach, connecting with businesses across the globe”, said Guy Halford-Thompson, CEO of BTL.
Unique to the industry, BTL is solely focused on developing disruptive and innovative blockchain technologies, aimed at transforming the global marketplace. Additionally, the Company is actively involved in the Fintech and blockchain communities in both Vancouver and London. As a leader within this dynamic community BTL further solidifies its place as a vital and important organization, driving the growth of the blockchain market. Lastly, the Company is also exploring other pioneering blockchain platforms.
- Gibraltar Jumps on Regulatory Bandwagon – Issues Consumer Warning on ICOs – Token Sales – But Gives Green Light - September 24, 2017
- From the Creator of ICOs – J.R. Willett Designs Uptoken – To Accelerate Expansion Of Global Crypto ATM Network - September 23, 2017
- Art Provenance Platform ARTEX Launching Token Sale - September 23, 2017
- Students Train for Blockchain Jobs at Coding and Cryptocurrencies Summer Course in Greece - September 23, 2017
- Central Banks are Trialling Blockchain, Cambridge Study Shows - September 23, 2017
- Blockchain Conquering Esports Industry - September 22, 2017
- Russian-based Startup LavkaLavka Plan to Disrupt Global Eco Farming and Organic Food Retail Sector with BioCoin - September 22, 2017
- Slack Out, Rocket.chat In – Blockchain Community Leaders Aragon Lead Industry Exodus Amid Marked Increase In Phishing Scams - September 22, 2017
- Swiss Supply Chain Startup AMBROSUS Launches Token Generation Event - September 22, 2017
- Codemojo (Backed by PayPal Incubator) is launching its ICO to Mobilize $360 Bn worth of Reward Points Globally - September 22, 2017
- Investment into Blockchain start-ups set to hit $3bn in 2017 - September 22, 2017
- Opporty Announces ICO and Token Sale Starting October 18th 2017 - September 21, 2017
- Medicalchain To Speak At The Upcoming Financial Times Digital Health Summit On Oct. 12, 2017 - September 21, 2017
- Adel Will Upgrade Its Blockchain Incubator Using Jelurida’s Latest Technology - September 21, 2017
- Etch Foundation Announce Token Sale - September 21, 2017
- Jamie Foxx dives into cryptocurrency – invests in COBINHOOD - September 21, 2017
- New Creditinfo App and Services Utilize Blockchain-Based ShoCard Identity Platform to Maximize User Privacy while Authenticating Credit Report Data - September 21, 2017
- Disruptive Truck-Sharing Company Doft Sells Doftcoins to Truckers, 3PLs and Freight Shippers with 50% discount during Pre-ICO - September 21, 2017
- Carnegie Mellon University and BitClave partner to improve the search experience - September 21, 2017
- Darfchain Successfully Implements Its Distributed Erp System Encompassing Odoo, Bigchaindb And Ethereum Technology - September 21, 2017
- ASX-Listed iCandy Interactive Limited Announces Backing For Independent Blockchain Based Crypto-Currency “Project Nitro” To Support And Democratize Game Development - September 21, 2017
- Ethereum Co-founder Anthony Di Iorio Joins BlockMason as Advisor - September 20, 2017
- Nuggets Announces Token Sale for Revolutionary Blockchain Platform for Secure Private Payments and ID Verification - September 20, 2017
- Preeminent Investor & CNBC Contributor BRIAN KELLY Joins Veridium Labs Board of Advisors - September 20, 2017
- Dragonchain, Originally Developed at Disney, Announces October 2nd Token Sale To Bring The Power Of Blockchain Technology To Business - September 20, 2017
- Social Payments App Moneymailme Announces Development Of A New Blockchain Platform Called Modex Marketplace - September 20, 2017
- Blockchain-Fuelled Public Opinion Poll Startup ClearPoll Announce Presale - September 20, 2017
- SmartOne Launches Legal Solution for Crypto Community – Announce LEGAL Tokens - September 19, 2017
- HydroMiner Announces ICO and First Token Sale Starting September 25th 2017 - September 19, 2017
- LEVERJ AnnouncesFully Functional, Non-Custodial Cryptocurrency Derivatives Trading Platform - September 19, 2017
- DataBroker DAO, a Decentralised Marketplace for IoT Sensor Data, Token Sale Is Live - September 19, 2017
- Poseidon Brings Value To Nature Through Carbon Blockchain Technology - September 19, 2017
- Options and Futures on the Blockchain Board of Derivatives. PRE-SALE begins on 22th September at 8AM GMT. - September 18, 2017
- Blockchain-based Digital Advertising Ecosystem Papyrus to Launch Token Generation Event on 12 October - September 18, 2017
- Propy Raises $15 Million in ICO to Decentralize Real Estate Sales and Attract Foreign Investors - September 18, 2017
- The Financial Commission Issues Certification of the Genesis Vision ICO - September 18, 2017
- Blockchain Industry and Regulatory Leaders Launch Token Alliance - September 18, 2017
- PayPie Challenges Experian, Equifax and TransUnion Status Quo with the World’s First Ethereum Blockchain-Based Credit Risk Assessment - September 18, 2017
- YouNow Announces the PROPS Ecosystem, Brings Cryptocurrency to Mobile Video - September 18, 2017
- Dash Grows in Accessibility; Listed on London Digital Asset Exchange and Broker Dash partners with CEX.IO - September 18, 2017
- Qtum Ignition Tackles Scalability with First Decentralized Governance Protocol - September 18, 2017
- The Grant Hero Foundation Aims to Disrupt the Non-Profit Industry with the GIVE Coin Using Ethereum Blockchain Technology - September 18, 2017
- Trippki Announces Hotel Booking and Rewards Platform to Simplify & Monetize Traveling - September 18, 2017
- Democratic Cryptocurrency Exchange Mandarin.top launches ICO - September 18, 2017
- Talla Launches Botchain, a Blockchain-Based Platform for Ensuring Certainty and Security in A.I. Autonomous Agents for Business - September 18, 2017
- NXT Blockchain Announces Big Changes for Voting, Money Transfer and More - September 17, 2017
- Swirlds Raises $3M Seed Round to Bring Improved Performance, Security to Distributed Ledger Applications - September 17, 2017
- ICOBox Token Sale Tops 3933 BTC For New and Existing ICOs - September 17, 2017
- 21 Thousand People Contribute To Kybernetwork As Company Reports ‘Smooth’ ICO - September 16, 2017
- Arna Genomics Introduces A Revolutionary Solution For Cancer Diagnostics And Treatment Biotechnologies – Blockchain Ecosystem Arna Panacea. - September 14, 2017