BTL Group Ltd (BTL), a leader in blockchain technology, today announced its successful listing on the Venture Board of the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSXV:BTL). In addition, the company has raised $2,000,000 CAD to invest in advancing its core, proprietary blockchain technology. Key investors in this transaction include, Shafin Diamond, British Columbia Angel Investor of the Year, Harry Dobson, Brian Hinchcliffe & Vela Technologies.
In addition, the company has raised $2,000,000 CAD to invest in advancing its core, proprietary blockchain technology. Key investors in this transaction include, Shafin Diamond, British Columbia Angel Investor of the Year, Harry Dobson, Brian Hinchcliffe & Vela Technologies.
This announcement comes on the heels of a recent Economist article that exclaims that blockchain technology will be a catalyst for changing how the global economy operates. BTL is at the pulse of this international FinTech movement, and as a key game-changer, the organization looks to promote the development of blockchain technologies through in-house development and investments in early stage start-ups.
In addition to the Toronto Stock Exchange Venture listing, the company is announcing the build-out of its ground-breaking remittance platform, Interbit. Interbit leverages blockchain technology to drastically reduce the cost of remittance for customers, and as such, it is poised for significant global commercial success. Currently a $550bn dollar global industry, remittance from the UK and Canada reached over $23bn, respectively, in 2011 alone.
Using the Interbit platform, customers will be able to remit money from the United Kingdom and Canada to a number of global territories including South America, Southeast Asia and Africa. By leveraging exciting new technology, Interbit aspires to be able to reduce the cost of remittance, to some countries, by over 80%. Investing in the remittance market supports BTL’s aim of becoming a diversified and forward-thinking FinTech enterprise.
BTL was founded by Guy and Hugh Halford-Thompson. Together, Guy & Hugh have over 4 years of experience in the blockchain space, operating a multi- national bitcoin brokerage firm, Quickbitcoin. Notably, as leading figures in the bitcoin space, Guy and Hugh were able to bring one of the first bitcoin ATMs into London, UK in April 2014. Further to this, BTL was recently accepted into Level39, Europe’s premier accelerator in Canary Wharf, London, UK. Opened in March 2013 by Boris Johnson, Mayor of London, Level39 is currently Europe’s largest technology accelerator space supporting companies within the future cities technology, finance, cyber-securities, and retail sectors. In only a matter of two years, Level39 has quickly become one of the most influential hubs within Tech City.
“Today represents an important milestone for BTL. We are proud to be the first blockchain technology company to be listed on the TSX Venture – it is a phenomenal achievement. Critically, we believe this move further validates our assumptions for blockchain technologies, and allows us to maximise our reach, connecting with businesses across the globe”, said Guy Halford-Thompson, CEO of BTL.
Unique to the industry, BTL is solely focused on developing disruptive and innovative blockchain technologies, aimed at transforming the global marketplace. Additionally, the Company is actively involved in the Fintech and blockchain communities in both Vancouver and London. As a leader within this dynamic community BTL further solidifies its place as a vital and important organization, driving the growth of the blockchain market. Lastly, the Company is also exploring other pioneering blockchain platforms.
- Founder and CEO of eToro, Yoni Assia, Joins Bancor Protocol Advisory Board - May 25, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Exscudo Rolls Out EON Source Code On GitHub - May 24, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Binded Raises $950k in Seed Round to Democratize Copyright - May 24, 2017
- Waves launches Gatway for the Euro - May 23, 2017
- Netki & Bitt Production Release Underway with Caribbean Financial Institution - May 23, 2017
- Kibo Lotto Launched in Ethereum Test Network - May 23, 2017
- Deloitte’s Blockchain Team Unveils Prototypes, Research and Alliances at Consensus 2017 - May 23, 2017
- Swiss e-government startup Procivis releases integrated e-identity platform - May 23, 2017
- Blockchain Wallet Jaxx Announces Massive Expansion - May 22, 2017
- ShapeShift Launches First Trustless Asset Portfolio Platform - May 22, 2017
- Status.im and Bancor Protocol Cut Deal to Issue Tokens From Smartphones - May 22, 2017
- Future\Perfect Lab Launches Blockchain, IoT, Artificial Intelligence and Security Convergence Project - May 21, 2017
- Storj Labs Claims Number Two ICO Spot With $20 Million Raised in Less than Six Hours - May 19, 2017
- Starta ICO Announces Crowdsale for Eastern European VC Vehicle on Waves Platform - May 19, 2017
- SingularDTV Announces New 11 Application Ecosystem - May 19, 2017
- Storj Labs Launches Token Sale - May 19, 2017
- CORION Announces Full-Service Blockchain Platform to Build and Manage Any Business - May 19, 2017
- Luxembourg Blockchain Group Incorporates Infrachain a.s.b.l. - May 18, 2017
- Fintech Investment Group Launches With AI Forex Trading Platform And Compcoin Digital Tokens Ahead Of Initial Coin Offering - May 18, 2017
- IBM and Chile’s Santiago Exchange to Deliver World’s First Securities Lending Blockchain Solution - May 18, 2017
- Supercomputer Organized by Network Mining (SONM) announces ICO - May 18, 2017
- Digital Assess Wants to Use Blockchain Technology to Replace Paper Qualifications - May 18, 2017
- Aragon Smashes ICO Record Pulling in $25 million in 15 Minutes - May 18, 2017
- Bloq Launches BloqLabs to Bring Open Source Blockchain Technologies to Enterprise - May 17, 2017
- Wagerr (WGR) — Sports Betting on the Blockchain - May 17, 2017
- Avalon Life Puts Land Ownership on Blockchain, Launches GREEN EARTH ZERO Service with NEM Technology - May 17, 2017
- Swiss EY Team Joins Polybius Cryptobank as Advisors, ICO to Follow - May 17, 2017
- IOTA Announces $2 Million IOTA Ecosystem Fund - May 17, 2017
- Crypviser Blockchain-Based Encrypted Communication Platform Announces the ICO of CVCoin Tokens - May 17, 2017
- Blockchain App Puts An End To Medical Records Being Held To Ransom - May 17, 2017
- Report on Blockchain Start-up Marketing Maturity Shows Challenges and Opportunities Ahead - May 17, 2017
- BlockEx Partners With Winston & Strawn to Leverage Blockchain for Bond Issuance - May 17, 2017
- US Brokerage Petitions SEC to Get Moving on ICOs - May 17, 2017
- Silicon Valley’s Boost VC to Invest in ICOs - May 16, 2017
- Aragon Partners with Leading Digital Asset Exchange ShapeShift Ahead of Highly Anticipated Token Sale - May 16, 2017
- LuxTrust and Cambridge Blockchain Announce Privacy-Protecting Identity Platform - May 15, 2017
- Sphre Partners with Airbitz to Power Secure Blockchain-Based Identity Management - May 15, 2017
- Furtherfield Gallery – Blockchain Art Exhibition London - May 12, 2017
- P2pfisy: An Innovative, Cross-sectoral Perspective On The Ongoing Disintermediation Of Financial Systems. - May 12, 2017
- How Exscudo Helps You To Store Cryptocurrencies - May 12, 2017
- Blockchain-Fueled Waves Platform Integrated in Microsoft Azure - May 12, 2017
- Nick Gogerty Joins the Lykke Team as Chief Strategist - May 12, 2017
- Countr POS Partners with Coinify to bring Blockchain Payments to its Merchants - May 12, 2017
- Wall Street Fintech PR Agency, Wachsman PR, Chooses Dublin as European HQ - May 12, 2017
- London Crypofinancing Conference – The Future of Startup Finance – Initial Coin Offerings, Token Sales, Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain - May 12, 2017
- AST to Deliver Blockchain-based Proxy Voting Solution - May 10, 2017
- Cofound.it Launches Token Sale for Startup Platform - May 10, 2017
- Global Graphchain Project FERMAT Expands, Partners with Cicada - May 9, 2017
- Gideon Greenspan – Where Flexible Thinking is Preferable to Dogmatism – The Blockchain Immutability Myth - May 9, 2017
- Mathematician and Israeli Bitcoin Association Chairman Meni Rosenfeld Joins Bancor Advisory Board - May 7, 2017