BTL Group Ltd (BTL), a leader in blockchain technology, today announced its successful listing on the Venture Board of the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSXV:BTL). In addition, the company has raised $2,000,000 CAD to invest in advancing its core, proprietary blockchain technology. Key investors in this transaction include, Shafin Diamond, British Columbia Angel Investor of the Year, Harry Dobson, Brian Hinchcliffe & Vela Technologies.
In addition, the company has raised $2,000,000 CAD to invest in advancing its core, proprietary blockchain technology. Key investors in this transaction include, Shafin Diamond, British Columbia Angel Investor of the Year, Harry Dobson, Brian Hinchcliffe & Vela Technologies.
This announcement comes on the heels of a recent Economist article that exclaims that blockchain technology will be a catalyst for changing how the global economy operates. BTL is at the pulse of this international FinTech movement, and as a key game-changer, the organization looks to promote the development of blockchain technologies through in-house development and investments in early stage start-ups.
In addition to the Toronto Stock Exchange Venture listing, the company is announcing the build-out of its ground-breaking remittance platform, Interbit. Interbit leverages blockchain technology to drastically reduce the cost of remittance for customers, and as such, it is poised for significant global commercial success. Currently a $550bn dollar global industry, remittance from the UK and Canada reached over $23bn, respectively, in 2011 alone.
Using the Interbit platform, customers will be able to remit money from the United Kingdom and Canada to a number of global territories including South America, Southeast Asia and Africa. By leveraging exciting new technology, Interbit aspires to be able to reduce the cost of remittance, to some countries, by over 80%. Investing in the remittance market supports BTL’s aim of becoming a diversified and forward-thinking FinTech enterprise.
BTL was founded by Guy and Hugh Halford-Thompson. Together, Guy & Hugh have over 4 years of experience in the blockchain space, operating a multi- national bitcoin brokerage firm, Quickbitcoin. Notably, as leading figures in the bitcoin space, Guy and Hugh were able to bring one of the first bitcoin ATMs into London, UK in April 2014. Further to this, BTL was recently accepted into Level39, Europe’s premier accelerator in Canary Wharf, London, UK. Opened in March 2013 by Boris Johnson, Mayor of London, Level39 is currently Europe’s largest technology accelerator space supporting companies within the future cities technology, finance, cyber-securities, and retail sectors. In only a matter of two years, Level39 has quickly become one of the most influential hubs within Tech City.
“Today represents an important milestone for BTL. We are proud to be the first blockchain technology company to be listed on the TSX Venture – it is a phenomenal achievement. Critically, we believe this move further validates our assumptions for blockchain technologies, and allows us to maximise our reach, connecting with businesses across the globe”, said Guy Halford-Thompson, CEO of BTL.
Unique to the industry, BTL is solely focused on developing disruptive and innovative blockchain technologies, aimed at transforming the global marketplace. Additionally, the Company is actively involved in the Fintech and blockchain communities in both Vancouver and London. As a leader within this dynamic community BTL further solidifies its place as a vital and important organization, driving the growth of the blockchain market. Lastly, the Company is also exploring other pioneering blockchain platforms.
- NEM.io Foundation to Create a XEM Exchange - July 27, 2017
- Zeppelin Solutions Introduces ZeppelinOS: An Operating System for Smart Contract Applications - July 27, 2017
- Hash Rush, the First Hash-Powered Online Game to Launch Token Sale - July 26, 2017
- The US SEC Issues Investigative Report on ICOs and Token Sales – Calling Some Securities - July 26, 2017
- ACT, a Decentralized Autonomous Organization for Citizen Action, is using the Ether Cryptocurrency to support a Community Fighting Opencast Coal Mining in Wales - July 25, 2017
- Giant Pepe and Vitalik Buterin Busts Capture Attention as Uncensorable Art in Decentraland Alpha - July 25, 2017
- Skycoin Distribution Event moved to August 8th, 2017 - July 25, 2017
- Propy, World’s First Global Property Store with Decentralized Title Registry Launches Token Sale - July 24, 2017
- DAO.Casino and True Flip Announce Strategic Partnership - July 24, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Adjoint Announces First Close of One Million Dollar Pre-Seed Round - July 24, 2017
- Ambrosus, the Trusted Food Ecosystem, Launches To Assure Food Quality from Farm to Fork - July 24, 2017
- Pillar Token Sale Raises $21 million for Personal Data Locker - July 24, 2017
- Waves Launches Ether Gateway - July 24, 2017
- Dash Passes Apple’s Rigorous Review Process And Becomes An Approved Digital Currency - July 24, 2017
- Decentraland Announces Anticipated Token Sale for Massive Virtual Reality Economy - July 24, 2017
- First Block Capital Launches Canada’s First Bitcoin Trust Through FrontFundr - July 24, 2017
- Smart Volume Analysis Crypto Trading Fund Launches Token Sale - July 24, 2017
- investFeed Kicks Off ‘Unconventional,’ Responsible, Hard Cap Token Generation Event - July 24, 2017
- Dutch Blockchain Startup AdCoin Promises Alternative for the Online Advertising Market - July 24, 2017
- Skycoin To Launch Coin Distribution Event July 24, 2017 - July 21, 2017
- CoinAgenda Europe 2017 Blockchain Winners Announced - July 20, 2017
- BurstIQ Announces Token Crowdsale for its Health Data Ecosystem and Marketplace - July 20, 2017
- Gaming cryptocurrency meets online betting: Loot.bet pledges support to SkinCoin - July 20, 2017
- Kybernetwork Introduces A Decentralized Platform For The Instant Trading Of Any Crypto-asset - July 19, 2017
- Announcement of Proof of Existence 2.0 – PO.ET Token Sale August 8, 2017 - July 19, 2017
- Equities.com and KrowdMentor Announce Exclusive Strategic Partnership at CoinAgenda - July 19, 2017
- NASSCOM in association with BlockSmiths & Quatrro forms India’s First Blockchain SIG - July 18, 2017
- DENT Partners with Aquto to Bring Decentralized Global Mobile Data Exchange to 500 Million People - July 18, 2017
- Moeda Cooperative Banking-as-a-Service Relaunches Digital Token - July 18, 2017
- Aicoin Launches Today – Next Generation Of Investment Innovation In Initial Coin Offerings - July 18, 2017
- Pillar Tokens worth $12 Million Sold in First Hour of Sale - July 17, 2017
- CausePlay’s Thirtythree.8 Division Is Launching The Virtual Cash Back Token (VCB) and Its Ethereum-Based Blockchain Coupon and Rebate Platform - July 16, 2017
- Kazakhstan Becomes The Second Government To Embrace The Cryptocurrency Market System - July 16, 2017
- EnvisionX to Bring Blockchain to Programmatic Advertising - July 16, 2017
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Unveils New Technical Steering Committee and Seven New Working Groups - July 16, 2017
- Hungry Panda Games Launches ICO – Ethereum Powered Game And Esports Ecosystem - July 16, 2017
- CakeCodes Announces Highly-Anticipated Hybrid-Model Token Generation Event Via Bittrex - July 16, 2017
- Santiment Announces SAN Tokens Now Trading on Bitfinex - July 15, 2017
- Exchange Union Coin To Bridge Digital Currency Exchanges For Enhanced Trading - July 15, 2017
- Harbour DAO Updates Their ICO Model and Voting System to More Closely Align with a Commitment to Community-driven Governance - July 15, 2017
- ACChain Digital Coin Begins Trading on Japan’s NERAEX Exchange - July 14, 2017
- Token Sales For Entrepreneurs: A Workshop On Token Economic Design And Legal Compliance - July 13, 2017
- New York Trading Platform investFeed Replaces Equities for Cryptocurrency - July 13, 2017
- Falcon First Swiss Private Bank To Enter Blockchain Asset Management Market With Bitcoin - July 12, 2017
- Blockchain technology breaking barriers for effective foreign aid - July 12, 2017
- Blockchain Genomics company raises over $1M with Gene-Chain Coin Token Sales - July 12, 2017
- ANZ, Westpac, Scentre and IBM Complete Successful Blockchain Trial for Bank Guarantees - July 12, 2017
- Blockchain Based Ticketing Company Aventus Systems Announces Advisory Board - July 12, 2017
- DENT Wireless is the First Blockchain Platform to Power New Mobile Data Exchange Marketplace - July 12, 2017
- Blockchain Music Sharing Platform Aurovine Launches in India - July 12, 2017