Now that payments companies and merchants are rapidly adopting digital currencies like Bitcoin, blockchain technology becomes even more important as a ledger for verifying and analyzing transactions.
MemSQL (www.memsql.com), the leader in real-time databases for transactions and analytics, has announced that Coinalytics, the real-time intelligence service for blockchain, has tapped MemSQL to more quickly and easily access data to turn blockchain into actionable insights. Blockchain is the tamper-resistant distributed technology underpinning digital currencies, and lets users instantaneously make and record transactions.
“Accessing data in the blockchain is no easy task, let alone understanding what the data means to companies looking to tap into this emerging market,” said Fabio Federici, co-founder and CEO, Coinalytics. “The Coinalytics platform allows anyone to access the blockchain and derive meaningful insights. By combining data from a variety of sources our customers can instantly assess the risk of a transaction and make the right decision. We are still in the early days of blockchain technology, with new applications and use cases set to appear. We are confident that MemSQL is the right database to take us forward.”
In an industry where the successful exchange of value requires fast and accurate transactional recording, blockchain offers speed, efficiency, and stringent security over every distributed record. As digital currencies become a mainstream payment method, blockchain will require intense computing power to verify the substantial increase in transactional requests.
Coinalytics is positioned at the intersection of big data, artificial intelligence and the blockchain. The company applies advanced machine learning and state-of-the-art distributed systems to cryptographic platforms, enabling enterprises to derive real-time business intelligence and risk assessment from the blockchain and decentralized applications. Using the Coinalytics platform, companies make better decisions and developers write smarter applications based on more accurate intelligence.
Using MemSQL, Coinalytics will facilitate the global shift in digital currency for its customers. Coinalytics reduces the friction in the user-adoption of Bitcoin by providing immediate compliance and risk assessment for leading wallet providers, payment services, and exchanges. MemSQL delivers the performance from its in-memory rowstore and SSD-based columnstore, and easily scales to accommodate new applications and platforms built on top of blockchain that require real-time access to data.
First offerings from Coinalytics include simple APIs and visual interfaces that reduce the complexity of Bitcoin use. With more flexible SQL-like queries using MemSQL, users also have more control over the tasks they can perform.
“There’s growing interest in using blockchain as a settlement layer across many industries to prove digital document ownership, ensure the legitimacy of transactional requirements, and manage the exchange of assets all along the supply chain,” said Eric Frenkiel, co-founder and CEO, MemSQL. “To move the needle, companies need broad access to real-time intelligence to serve up actionable insights. As traditional industries start opening up to Bitcoin, and blockchain, we see Coinalytics as well positioned to engage with this emerging ecosystem.”
MemSQL ingests streams of data in real time, processes transactions, and performs analytics — simultaneously in a single database. In industries such as financial services, MemSQL is perfectly suited to power analytics and serve up insights on constantly changing datasets, enabling businesses to process market data as it arrives, detect anomalies like fraud, and aggregate data from numerous sources for centralized risk and compliance management.
Read more about how Coinalytics is using MemSQL here: http://blog.memsql.com/coinalytics-blockchain-analytics.
- FINRA Seeks Comment on New Report on the Potential Implications of Blockchain - January 18, 2017
- Finlync Designs ERP Integration to Distributed Ledger and Blockchain - January 18, 2017
- European Central Bank Considering Digital Currency – Cryptocash - January 18, 2017
- US Homeland Security Testing Blockchain To Track People, Goods Across Borders - January 17, 2017
- Israeli Tax Authorities Might Go After Bitcoin - January 16, 2017
- Senior US Regulator David Blaszkowsky Joins Canadian Blockchain Intelligence Group (BIG) Advisory Board - January 16, 2017
- Seven European Banks Cut Blockchain Deal to Facilitate Easier Cross-Border SME Commerce - January 16, 2017
- Marketforce to Host 2nd Annual The Blockchain Summit on 28th March 2017 in London - January 15, 2017
- Waves Platform Implements New Blockchain Scalability Approaches - January 14, 2017
- China’s Puerbank Group Launches Global Node for A Standardized Blockchain-Based Digital Currency in the UK - January 14, 2017
- DU and Guardtime Partner with Dubai’s NMC Hospital to Revolutionize Electronic Health Records with Blockchain Technology - January 14, 2017
- Report: Blockchain Slated to Become $8 Billion Global Industry By 2024 - January 14, 2017
- Blockchain Could Save Financial Services $110 billion over Next Three Years - January 14, 2017
- Russia Embraces Bitcoin – No Plans to Ban Cryptocurrencies - January 14, 2017
- Canadian BTL Group Completes Blockchain Pilot With Major Global Energy Company - January 12, 2017
- Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance and NTT DATA Cut Blockchain PoC For Insurance - January 12, 2017
- HfS Research Recognises VirtusaPolaris for Emerging Blockchain Services in BFSI - January 12, 2017
- Deloitte Launches Blockchain Lab in New York - January 12, 2017
- SWIFT launches Blockchain Proof of Concept In Hyperledger - January 12, 2017
- Blockchain VIP’s to Gather for Major Retreat This Month - January 12, 2017
- IBM Watson Health and US FDA Announce Blockchain Healthcare Data Project - January 12, 2017
- Equibit Development Corporation Sets $7 million Funding Target, Crowdsale Date - January 12, 2017
- US National Science Foundation Offers $8.5m in Funding for Blockchain Proposals for Cyberinfrastructure Security - January 11, 2017
- China Poised to Dominate Fintech and Blockchain Markets in 2017 - January 10, 2017
- Respectonomy Social Network To Tackle Censorship Using Blockchain - January 10, 2017
- South Korea Plans to Launch a Full-Scale Pilot Project on Blockchain-powered Financial Services - January 10, 2017
- Postal Savings Bank of China (PSBC) Announces First Blockchain Financial Service - January 10, 2017
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Releases Bullish Report on Blockchain for Clearing, Settlement - January 10, 2017
- Blockchain TV – TED Talk | How the Blockchain will Radically Transform the Economy | Bettina Warburg - January 10, 2017
- Alfa-Bank and S7 Airlines Close Blockchain Deal in Russia - January 10, 2017
- Life.SREDA and the Russian Republic of Tatarstan To Introduce Blockchain Technology For Public Administration System - January 10, 2017
- Union Square Ventures Leads $4M Funding Round for Blockchain Startup Blockstack - January 10, 2017
- US Department of Energy Eyeing Blockchain Solutions for Security – Seeking Proposals - January 10, 2017
- India’s Axis Bank to Use Ripple Blockchain for Cross-Border Remittances - January 10, 2017
- Georgia to Store Real Estate Documents in Blockchain System with Bitfury Group and Hernando de Soto - January 10, 2017
- US Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation Selects IBM, AXONI and R3 to Develop Derivatives Processing On Blockchain - January 10, 2017
- Grantcoin Foundation Expands Board of Directors – Distribution Rescheduled to Late January - January 8, 2017
- UNICEF, UK Home Office and BTCC to speak at London Blockchain Week 2017 - January 6, 2017
- American Company The Seam to Form Cotton Blockchain Consortium with IBM on Hyperledger Fabric - January 5, 2017
- Move over Bitcoin – MIT Cryptographer Silvio Micali and his Public Ledger ALGORAND… The Future of Blockchain? - January 5, 2017
- Blockchain to Play Role in Future of Transportation? UBS Teams up with ZF and innology SE to Make it Happen - January 5, 2017
- Blockchain Group Hyperledger Expands into China - January 5, 2017
- The Evolution Of Casinos – Next Generation Transparent Ethereum Smart Contracts Based Casino “Edgeless” - January 5, 2017
- Healthcare Sector Plans to Move Hard and Fast to Blockchain in 2017 - January 5, 2017
- Russia Eyes Blockchain Potential for National Payment System - January 5, 2017
- Bitfury Group Launches Global Blockchain Business Council - January 4, 2017
- India’s Yes Bank Enlists IBM to Help Build Blockchain Solutions - January 4, 2017
- World’s First Cryptocurrency Fund Listed on Exchange - December 25, 2016
- Dubai Future Accelerators Program Invests US$33m In Pilot Projects Including Blockchain - December 23, 2016
- IC3 Publishes Research on Blockchain Utilization of Intel Software Guard Extensions Offering Enhanced Protection - December 23, 2016