Now that payments companies and merchants are rapidly adopting digital currencies like Bitcoin, blockchain technology becomes even more important as a ledger for verifying and analyzing transactions.
MemSQL (www.memsql.com), the leader in real-time databases for transactions and analytics, has announced that Coinalytics, the real-time intelligence service for blockchain, has tapped MemSQL to more quickly and easily access data to turn blockchain into actionable insights. Blockchain is the tamper-resistant distributed technology underpinning digital currencies, and lets users instantaneously make and record transactions.
“Accessing data in the blockchain is no easy task, let alone understanding what the data means to companies looking to tap into this emerging market,” said Fabio Federici, co-founder and CEO, Coinalytics. “The Coinalytics platform allows anyone to access the blockchain and derive meaningful insights. By combining data from a variety of sources our customers can instantly assess the risk of a transaction and make the right decision. We are still in the early days of blockchain technology, with new applications and use cases set to appear. We are confident that MemSQL is the right database to take us forward.”
In an industry where the successful exchange of value requires fast and accurate transactional recording, blockchain offers speed, efficiency, and stringent security over every distributed record. As digital currencies become a mainstream payment method, blockchain will require intense computing power to verify the substantial increase in transactional requests.
Coinalytics is positioned at the intersection of big data, artificial intelligence and the blockchain. The company applies advanced machine learning and state-of-the-art distributed systems to cryptographic platforms, enabling enterprises to derive real-time business intelligence and risk assessment from the blockchain and decentralized applications. Using the Coinalytics platform, companies make better decisions and developers write smarter applications based on more accurate intelligence.
Using MemSQL, Coinalytics will facilitate the global shift in digital currency for its customers. Coinalytics reduces the friction in the user-adoption of Bitcoin by providing immediate compliance and risk assessment for leading wallet providers, payment services, and exchanges. MemSQL delivers the performance from its in-memory rowstore and SSD-based columnstore, and easily scales to accommodate new applications and platforms built on top of blockchain that require real-time access to data.
First offerings from Coinalytics include simple APIs and visual interfaces that reduce the complexity of Bitcoin use. With more flexible SQL-like queries using MemSQL, users also have more control over the tasks they can perform.
“There’s growing interest in using blockchain as a settlement layer across many industries to prove digital document ownership, ensure the legitimacy of transactional requirements, and manage the exchange of assets all along the supply chain,” said Eric Frenkiel, co-founder and CEO, MemSQL. “To move the needle, companies need broad access to real-time intelligence to serve up actionable insights. As traditional industries start opening up to Bitcoin, and blockchain, we see Coinalytics as well positioned to engage with this emerging ecosystem.”
MemSQL ingests streams of data in real time, processes transactions, and performs analytics — simultaneously in a single database. In industries such as financial services, MemSQL is perfectly suited to power analytics and serve up insights on constantly changing datasets, enabling businesses to process market data as it arrives, detect anomalies like fraud, and aggregate data from numerous sources for centralized risk and compliance management.
Read more about how Coinalytics is using MemSQL here: http://blog.memsql.com/coinalytics-blockchain-analytics.
- Trusted Identities in Blockchain Apps Shown to Work To Benefit Healthcare and Pharma - April 28, 2017
- Ten More Banks Join Ripple’s Global Payments Network - April 28, 2017
- Token.FM, First Blockchain-Based Direct-to-Fan Music Platform, to Launch Initial Trial in May, Opens Series A Round - April 28, 2017
- Mysterium To Build Blockchain-based VPN for Secure, Anonymous Internet Connection - April 28, 2017
- TaaS token crowdsale concludes with $7.7 million raised - April 28, 2017
- Humaniq Humanitarian Blockchain ICO breaks the $5 million barrier - April 28, 2017
- Exscudo, Blockchain Financial Services Provider Launches ICO - April 27, 2017
- Kibo Platforms’ Beta Version Be Launched in the Beginning of May - April 25, 2017
- Distributed Cloud Platform iEx.ec attracts $12M in Three Hours in ICO - April 25, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Working Group – Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) – The Way Forward - April 25, 2017
- Blockchain App Humaniq’s HMQ Token to be Traded on Six Exchanges - April 24, 2017
- Five days left until Blockchain Startup Exscudo ICO - April 21, 2017
- Apptrade to Reward Crowdsale Participants with Three Percent Bonus - April 21, 2017
- Blockchain Technology Startup Humaniq Raises $3.8M and Signs Contract With Deloitte - April 21, 2017
- Monolith Studio Announces Crowdsale for TokenCard, the First Debit Card Powered by Smart Contracts - April 20, 2017
- Blockchain Co. SingularDTV Recruits Hollywood VP - April 18, 2017
- Factom Closes Extended Series A Round of $8 Million Following Harmony Product Launch - April 18, 2017
- Interview with Back to Earth founder Clay Space - April 18, 2017
- Ethereum Movie Initial Coin Offering Sell Out - April 18, 2017
- Insurtech Startup Etherisc Wins “Blockchain Oscar” for Innovative Insurance Platform - April 14, 2017
- India’s Blockchain Community Launches Digital Asset and Blockchain Foundation - April 14, 2017
- UK EPSRC Supports Seven Blockchain Projects with £3.6 Million - April 14, 2017
- Dutch National Blockchain Coalition Presents Action Agenda - April 14, 2017
- Broadridge, J.P. Morgan, Northern Trust and Banco Santander Successfully Complete Pilot of for Blockchain Voting - April 14, 2017
- Blockgeeks Labs to Hold Blockchain Hackathon in Toronto - April 14, 2017
- Exscudo network EON coins are available for pre-order - April 13, 2017
- One of Big Four accounting firms is now legal adviser of Exscudo - April 12, 2017
- Dash Cryptocurrency Signs on with Kraken - April 12, 2017
- Blockchain Capital Closes ICO – $10 Million in Six Hours Raised in Record Time - April 11, 2017
- Ethereum meets Hyperledger – Burrow Ethereum Smart Contract Machine to Join Hyperledger - April 11, 2017
- Porsche Announces First Blockchain Contest - April 10, 2017
- Fidelity Labs Joins IC3 Blockchain Group - April 10, 2017
- Global Graphchain Project FERMAT Announces Distributed Governance Model Featuring Contribution Contracts - April 10, 2017
- Coinsilium and Oraclize sign MoU to form Strategic Alliance - April 10, 2017
- Industry Thought Leaders Invest With Blockchain Capital in its Ground-Breaking ICO - April 8, 2017
- Novus To Launch Innovative Blockchain Advanced File Index System - April 5, 2017
- Lykke Announces OEM Services – Lykke Accelerator - April 5, 2017
- BitHub.Africa Announces ICO Campaign to Foster Region’s Cryptocurrency Ecosystem - April 5, 2017
- SibCoin: Siberia Down, China to Go - April 4, 2017
- Groundbreaking Blockchain Research to Feature at International Financial Cryptography Conference - April 4, 2017
- Exscudo, The Nextgen Financial System, Announces ICO - April 4, 2017
- A Film by Manuel Stagars – The Blockchain And Us Video Documentary – Released in Full - April 4, 2017
- Genpact Harnesses Blockchain Technology to Transform F&A Operations to Improve Cash Flow and Enhance Customer Experience - April 4, 2017
- Blockchain Startup TaaS Partners With Exchange Platforms - April 4, 2017
- Synereo announces Qrator – The First Attention Economy App - April 4, 2017
- Blockchain Capital Releases Offering Memorandum for Its $10 Million Digital Token Offering - April 4, 2017
- Lykke Announces Availability of Blockchain Startup ChronoBank TIME Token - April 3, 2017
- Blockchain Workspace Launches Blockchain Education Company in Amsterdam, Netherlands - April 3, 2017
- Blockchain Startup SingularDTV Goes Hollywood - April 1, 2017
- Ledger Raises $7m To Accelerate Worldwide Adoption Of Security Solutions For Blockchain And Cryptocurrency Applications - March 31, 2017