Brave New Coin (BNC), a Data and Research company headquartered in Queenstown, New Zealand has recently cut a deal with Melbourne-based Smartbit to develop the first provable Blockchain indexes for financial markets, starting with the BNC Bitcoin Liquid Index (BNC-BLX).
The ability to offer ‘provable market data’ has previously been impossible or extremely difficult. This partnership will be the first to engage in a process called ‘Market-Chaining’ where financial data such as market indexes, quotes and trades will be secured onto the Blockchain, providing immutable receipts.
“Imagine putting the S&P 500 on the blockchain. Any service, person or machine using this Index to settle against, all of a sudden has a trustless 3rd party to verify that official published rates were in fact used,” said Fran Strajnar, CEO of BNC.
The first data feed to be offered in this format will be BNC’s Bitcoin Liquid Index (the BNC-BLX), a comprehensive historic & live bitcoin index purpose built for settlement of bitcoin derivatives. As financial services operators use blockchain technology for exciting new solutions like ‘proof of reserves’, there is also a growing demand for ‘proof of settlement’, which is one of the verification and auditing implications of Market-Chaining.
“This partnership has re-enforced BNC’s position in the industry and strengthened the company’s service offering making it stronger and more in-depth. BNC will be expanding the range of solutions and developer tools that we are planning to bring to the market,” according to Stajnar. “This first project is the beginning of a larger project, bringing financial and blockchain data together, in an accurate and transparent way.”
“We can secure any market data feed on the Blockchain in a way that does not threaten proprietary intellectual property, break existing revenue models or open up market participants to market manipulation. People trust mathematics a lot more than they trust people,” says Strajnar.
The process of Market-Chaining has several benefits such as when an asset is registered by an index provider on the blockchain, (and depending on the configuration) either anybody or permissioned parties can verify whether third parties are acting legitimately when they are brokering, selling or facilitating financial products against an index. This has vast implications for auditing trade and settlement, such as offering a verification layer between them by tying together index feeds for broker quotes, trade, and settlement systems.
According to BNC, the largest benefit to institutions is the ability to shed the need for customer trust completely and to automate auditing right through the trade value chain. For the first time a mathematical protocol assumes the role of central information authority and therefore both the customer and the institution can be on an equal footing. This should give customers a huge boost of confidence in all participating companies.
Market-Chaining for indexes is ready to be applied now for exchanges and brokers, with trade and quote solutions becoming available in the new year. Both BNC and Smart Bit expect a rapid roll-out time for this line of services with provable indexes coming online from several financial institutions very early into 2016.
Brave New Coin is a fast growing Blockchain Company founded in 2013. They are a privately held data and research organization focused on the exponential Blockchain and Digital Equities industry. The company offers Market Data, Research & Solutions for the financial services sector to get the best out of Blockchain technology and they are currently raising capital for rapid expansion.
For details, see their pitch page here.
- Everex Announces Mobile Blockchain-powered Microfinance And Fiat Transfer Platform - May 28, 2017
- $3.7 Million Collected in ICO on the Waves Blockchain Platform for Construction of Production Facility in Russia - May 28, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Aeternity to Launch Phase Two of Contribution Campaign on May 29th, 2017 - May 28, 2017
- Founder and CEO of eToro, Yoni Assia, Joins Bancor Protocol Advisory Board - May 25, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Exscudo Rolls Out EON Source Code On GitHub - May 24, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Binded Raises $950k in Seed Round to Democratize Copyright - May 24, 2017
- Waves launches Gatway for the Euro - May 23, 2017
- Netki & Bitt Production Release Underway with Caribbean Financial Institution - May 23, 2017
- Kibo Lotto Launched in Ethereum Test Network - May 23, 2017
- Deloitte’s Blockchain Team Unveils Prototypes, Research and Alliances at Consensus 2017 - May 23, 2017
- Swiss e-government startup Procivis releases integrated e-identity platform - May 23, 2017
- Blockchain Wallet Jaxx Announces Massive Expansion - May 22, 2017
- ShapeShift Launches First Trustless Asset Portfolio Platform - May 22, 2017
- Status.im and Bancor Protocol Cut Deal to Issue Tokens From Smartphones - May 22, 2017
- Future\Perfect Lab Launches Blockchain, IoT, Artificial Intelligence and Security Convergence Project - May 21, 2017
- Storj Labs Claims Number Two ICO Spot With $20 Million Raised in Less than Six Hours - May 19, 2017
- Starta ICO Announces Crowdsale for Eastern European VC Vehicle on Waves Platform - May 19, 2017
- SingularDTV Announces New 11 Application Ecosystem - May 19, 2017
- Storj Labs Launches Token Sale - May 19, 2017
- CORION Announces Full-Service Blockchain Platform to Build and Manage Any Business - May 19, 2017
- Luxembourg Blockchain Group Incorporates Infrachain a.s.b.l. - May 18, 2017
- Fintech Investment Group Launches With AI Forex Trading Platform And Compcoin Digital Tokens Ahead Of Initial Coin Offering - May 18, 2017
- IBM and Chile’s Santiago Exchange to Deliver World’s First Securities Lending Blockchain Solution - May 18, 2017
- Supercomputer Organized by Network Mining (SONM) announces ICO - May 18, 2017
- Digital Assess Wants to Use Blockchain Technology to Replace Paper Qualifications - May 18, 2017
- Aragon Smashes ICO Record Pulling in $25 million in 15 Minutes - May 18, 2017
- Bloq Launches BloqLabs to Bring Open Source Blockchain Technologies to Enterprise - May 17, 2017
- Wagerr (WGR) — Sports Betting on the Blockchain - May 17, 2017
- Avalon Life Puts Land Ownership on Blockchain, Launches GREEN EARTH ZERO Service with NEM Technology - May 17, 2017
- Swiss EY Team Joins Polybius Cryptobank as Advisors, ICO to Follow - May 17, 2017
- IOTA Announces $2 Million IOTA Ecosystem Fund - May 17, 2017
- Crypviser Blockchain-Based Encrypted Communication Platform Announces the ICO of CVCoin Tokens - May 17, 2017
- Blockchain App Puts An End To Medical Records Being Held To Ransom - May 17, 2017
- Report on Blockchain Start-up Marketing Maturity Shows Challenges and Opportunities Ahead - May 17, 2017
- BlockEx Partners With Winston & Strawn to Leverage Blockchain for Bond Issuance - May 17, 2017
- US Brokerage Petitions SEC to Get Moving on ICOs - May 17, 2017
- Silicon Valley’s Boost VC to Invest in ICOs - May 16, 2017
- Aragon Partners with Leading Digital Asset Exchange ShapeShift Ahead of Highly Anticipated Token Sale - May 16, 2017
- LuxTrust and Cambridge Blockchain Announce Privacy-Protecting Identity Platform - May 15, 2017
- Sphre Partners with Airbitz to Power Secure Blockchain-Based Identity Management - May 15, 2017
- Furtherfield Gallery – Blockchain Art Exhibition London - May 12, 2017
- P2pfisy: An Innovative, Cross-sectoral Perspective On The Ongoing Disintermediation Of Financial Systems. - May 12, 2017
- How Exscudo Helps You To Store Cryptocurrencies - May 12, 2017
- Blockchain-Fueled Waves Platform Integrated in Microsoft Azure - May 12, 2017
- Nick Gogerty Joins the Lykke Team as Chief Strategist - May 12, 2017
- Countr POS Partners with Coinify to bring Blockchain Payments to its Merchants - May 12, 2017
- Wall Street Fintech PR Agency, Wachsman PR, Chooses Dublin as European HQ - May 12, 2017
- London Crypofinancing Conference – The Future of Startup Finance – Initial Coin Offerings, Token Sales, Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain - May 12, 2017
- AST to Deliver Blockchain-based Proxy Voting Solution - May 10, 2017
- Cofound.it Launches Token Sale for Startup Platform - May 10, 2017