Brave New Coin (BNC), a Data and Research company headquartered in Queenstown, New Zealand has recently cut a deal with Melbourne-based Smartbit to develop the first provable Blockchain indexes for financial markets, starting with the BNC Bitcoin Liquid Index (BNC-BLX).
The ability to offer ‘provable market data’ has previously been impossible or extremely difficult. This partnership will be the first to engage in a process called ‘Market-Chaining’ where financial data such as market indexes, quotes and trades will be secured onto the Blockchain, providing immutable receipts.
“Imagine putting the S&P 500 on the blockchain. Any service, person or machine using this Index to settle against, all of a sudden has a trustless 3rd party to verify that official published rates were in fact used,” said Fran Strajnar, CEO of BNC.
The first data feed to be offered in this format will be BNC’s Bitcoin Liquid Index (the BNC-BLX), a comprehensive historic & live bitcoin index purpose built for settlement of bitcoin derivatives. As financial services operators use blockchain technology for exciting new solutions like ‘proof of reserves’, there is also a growing demand for ‘proof of settlement’, which is one of the verification and auditing implications of Market-Chaining.
“This partnership has re-enforced BNC’s position in the industry and strengthened the company’s service offering making it stronger and more in-depth. BNC will be expanding the range of solutions and developer tools that we are planning to bring to the market,” according to Stajnar. “This first project is the beginning of a larger project, bringing financial and blockchain data together, in an accurate and transparent way.”
“We can secure any market data feed on the Blockchain in a way that does not threaten proprietary intellectual property, break existing revenue models or open up market participants to market manipulation. People trust mathematics a lot more than they trust people,” says Strajnar.
The process of Market-Chaining has several benefits such as when an asset is registered by an index provider on the blockchain, (and depending on the configuration) either anybody or permissioned parties can verify whether third parties are acting legitimately when they are brokering, selling or facilitating financial products against an index. This has vast implications for auditing trade and settlement, such as offering a verification layer between them by tying together index feeds for broker quotes, trade, and settlement systems.
According to BNC, the largest benefit to institutions is the ability to shed the need for customer trust completely and to automate auditing right through the trade value chain. For the first time a mathematical protocol assumes the role of central information authority and therefore both the customer and the institution can be on an equal footing. This should give customers a huge boost of confidence in all participating companies.
Market-Chaining for indexes is ready to be applied now for exchanges and brokers, with trade and quote solutions becoming available in the new year. Both BNC and Smart Bit expect a rapid roll-out time for this line of services with provable indexes coming online from several financial institutions very early into 2016.
Brave New Coin is a fast growing Blockchain Company founded in 2013. They are a privately held data and research organization focused on the exponential Blockchain and Digital Equities industry. The company offers Market Data, Research & Solutions for the financial services sector to get the best out of Blockchain technology and they are currently raising capital for rapid expansion.
For details, see their pitch page here.
- LAToken Tokenized Apple Shares to Sell Them for Cryptocurrencies - August 17, 2017
- Sensay, Groundbreaking AI and Chatbot Company Launches Token Sale - August 17, 2017
- ICOBox Token Presale Attracts $8.3 Million - August 17, 2017
- Indorse, the Decentralized Professional Social Network, Receives Additional Backing From Coinsilium After $5.5 million Pre-Sale - August 16, 2017
- Decentraland Partners With imToken, Connext, and Bitcoin Suisse - August 16, 2017
- Ethereum-based Car Towing Aggregator CarTaxi Plans ICO - August 16, 2017
- Ukraine Government to Allow Foreign Investors to Purchase Real Estate Online with Propy - August 16, 2017
- Cofound.it to Launch Weekly Crowdsales through September - August 15, 2017
- Blockstream Satellite: Broadcasting Bitcoin from Space - August 15, 2017
- Dr. Christian Seberino – Houston Texas Blockchain Course Kicks Off Friday August 18, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Skycoin – Skywire Miner: Hardware for the Next Internet - August 12, 2017
- NSD and Waves kickstart development of Crypto Assets platform - August 12, 2017
- ICONOMI Introduces Columbus Capital As Its First Asset Management Partner - August 12, 2017
- Siberians to Launch ICO for Decentralized Betting eSports Platform - August 12, 2017
- Decentralized News Network Releases Alpha Update - August 12, 2017
- Gibraltar’s Fintech Sector Moves Forward – Awards Xapo E-money license - August 11, 2017
- AMBROSUS Partners with TREK THERAPEUTICS to Develop a Blockchain-powered Method to Track Quality in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing - August 11, 2017
- Outlier Ventures Becomes First VC To Hire ‘Head of Crypto-Economics’ With Appointment of Eden Dhaliwal - August 11, 2017
- Rivetz Raises $5.5 Million in RvT Token Pre-Sale; Public Token Crowdsale Begins Today, Capped at 200,000 ETH - August 10, 2017
- Leading Japanese VCs, Nippon Technology Venture Partners, FISCO Capitals, and ABBALab Inc all to invest in COMSA ICO tokens and XEM - August 10, 2017
- Binded Launches One Click U.S. Copyright Registrations - August 10, 2017
- Illinois Opens Blockchain Development Partnership with Hashed Health - August 9, 2017
- Jaxx and Cofound.it Partner to Give Best New Cryptocurrencies Immediate Liquidity - August 9, 2017
- GoldMint Project Plans to Provide 100 per cent Gold-Backed Stable Assets - August 9, 2017
- Launching a Blockchain Solution to Make Aviation Safer – Aeron.aero - August 9, 2017
- Blackmoon Financial Group Launches Blockchain-Based Platform for Tokenized Investment Funds - August 9, 2017
- SONM Launches Updated Platform With Discovery Algorithm - August 9, 2017
- AirFox Announces ICO to Make Mobile Data More Accessible and Affordable - August 8, 2017
- Golden Fleece Project To Expand Massive Altcoin Mining Ecosystem With Token Sale - August 8, 2017
- Notorious Lobbyist Jack Abramoff to Coach Bitcoin Activists in New Washington, DC-based Reality Docu-series from Blockchain Entertainment and Ignition Creative - August 8, 2017
- ATMChain’s Project In China With 7,000 Intelligent Media Screens ‘Goes Blockchain’ Through DECENT - August 8, 2017
- NEM.io Foundation Partners with Blockchain Global to Expand International Reach - August 8, 2017
- CFTE working with MAS to help ASEAN finance professionals acquire the skills of Finance 2.0 - August 8, 2017
- Rivetz International Partners with LAToken to Boost Marketplace Security on Mobile Devices - August 8, 2017
- investFeed Finishes Successful Token Generation Event - August 8, 2017
- Zen Protocol Unveils Testnet To Decentralize Finance - August 8, 2017
- Blockchain Startup JAAK Announce Official Pilot With Viacom UK - August 7, 2017
- RefToken Releases Blockchain Affiliate Platform Prototype – Announces Token Generation Event - August 5, 2017
- Dash Employs Elite Cybersecurity Service Bugcrowd to ‘Hack’ Its Blockchain - August 5, 2017
- 144,000 Free Spins up for grabs montly in BitStarz’s new Slot Battles! - August 5, 2017
- Stox Token Sale Raises $33 Million in 34 Hours – The Seventh Biggest of 2017 - August 4, 2017
- Swap Announces AIR Token Launch and AIRSWAP, a Decentralized, Peer-to-Peer Trading Platform - August 4, 2017
- investFeed Showcases First Version of Cryptocurrency-Based Social Investment Platform - August 3, 2017
- WePower Launches Blockchain-Powered Green Energy Platform and Token Sale - August 3, 2017
- DECENT Network introduces ATMChain - August 3, 2017
- Neufund Launches ICO Transparency Monitor to Judge ICOs Based on Smart Contract Design - August 3, 2017
- Bitfinex announces Ethfinex – a new community discussion and exchange platform for Ethereum crowdsales and tokens. - August 3, 2017
- Dutch Foundation Wants to Disrupt Charities Using Blockchain Technology - August 3, 2017
- Everex Officially Partners With Myanmar-based MicroMoney - August 3, 2017
- Tech Bureau Japan Launches Cryptocurrency Fundraising Medium, “COMSA” - August 3, 2017