London-based Axlacor, the financial technology specialist developer, has just announced they have made a major breakthrough in Blockchain technology that enables the creation of secure universal order, trade booking and settlement systems capable of processing millions of transactions a second.
This development is in direct response to an increasing need among banks and financial institutions to operate far more efficient, cost effective and integrated IT systems than at present. The Axlacor team has a proven track record of working within investment banks replacing legacy IT systems with more universal and cost effective solutions.
Axlacor’s NEON is an innovative system enabling banks and other financial institutions to replace current internal booking systems, their post-trade and detailed compliance requirements in a format capable of being fully integrated into other existing IT operations.
A major focus of the new product is on new and existing techniques to analyse and detect rogue traders within a bank. Michael Kunstel, founder and CEO of Axlacor says:
“We believe that if an integrated system like NEON was in place years ago the Libor scandal would not have occurred. NEON gives users the ability to process literally millions of transactions and trades every second but it also allows wide, but secure, access to the system that would enable compliance departments and regulators instant analytics. This can ensure ‘rogue traders’ activities are flagged up extremely quickly – both internally and externally.”
Kunstel was formerly the architect and team leader of pre-trade, post-trade and transaction cost analysis systems at a major international bank. He also designed and built a global FX option risk system for another bank. The Axlacor team comprises individuals with deep knowledge of investment banking and their IT systems. With further experience in compliance and regulatory requirements, the team at Axlacor understands the business logic and fine detailed requirements of modern banking systems.
NEON provides the following features:
- It utilizes innovative Blockchain peer-to-peer/distributed ledger technology, which can store, process and run analytics on multiple types of specialist data within a bank.
- It can replace banks’ booking, regulatory and compliance systems within a single package.
- It includes business logic with the goal of replacing existing legacy IT systems used within banks.
- Able to satisfy many of the fine detailed requirements of existing banking systems.
- “Cross asset” – It can be used for equities, FX, commodities, fixed income and more.
- It allows millions of transactions per second.
- Multiple levels of banking grade security are built in.
- It provides selective sharing and Chinese walls of classified data.
- It includes systems for improved detection of rogue traders.
Axlacor is focused on the replacement of multiple redundant legacy systems with a single package utilising the latest technology. It is estimated the potential costs savings of the scheme could run into the hundreds of millions of dollars.
Today’s world is all about reducing costs and risks within a bank. Many financial institutions have identified their IT departments as just cost centres and are therefore outsourcing most IT services abroad to lower skilled and cheaper regions.
Axlacor employs the best highly skilled banking IT specialists available in Europe. “Banks can reduce costs and still have the best experienced local staff by utilizing economies of scale,” says Kunstel.
Axlacor aims to form a consortium of banks to assist in building standardized, common replacement systems. NEON allows banks to focus their budgets on being competitive in their primary business.
- Disrupt the VC Industry? Brock Pierce and Blockchain Capital to Launch Own Cryptocurrency and ICO - February 26, 2017
- SoftBank, Sprint and TBCASoft Partner in Blockchain Technology for Telecom Carriers - February 25, 2017
- Lisk Introduces New Blockchain Technology Update - February 25, 2017
- Dash Partners with BlockPay to Enable Point of Sale Purchases at Brick and Mortar Stores - February 25, 2017
- Blockchain Interaction Unit (BIU) – No Internet, No Mobile Phone, No Computer. No Problem. - February 25, 2017
- Blockchain Banking Consortium R3 Gets Into Semantic Tornado Over Blockchain – Bitcoiners Jeer from Sidelines - February 25, 2017
- IOHK and University of Edinburgh Establish Blockchain Technology Laboratory - February 24, 2017
- Liberland to Launch Online Startup Contest to Kick Off Smart Nation - February 23, 2017
- Blockchain Intelligence Group Launches QLUE Version Codename Deep Cove - February 23, 2017
- Lykke Crowdfunding – One -year Lykke Forward Offering - February 22, 2017
- Daimler AG Joins Hyperledger Blockchain Consortium as Premier Member - February 21, 2017
- Voatz and Clear Ballot to Explore Blockchain Technology for Remote Voting - February 20, 2017
- New Blockchain Smart Contract Token Developed By GameCredits - February 20, 2017
- Blockchain Could Be a New Operating System for the Planet Says Jeremy Wilson, Vice Chairman of Barclays Corporate Banking - February 20, 2017
- JAAK and the Guardian Initiative Announce MΞTA: A Blockchain Pilot for The Media & Entertainment Industry - February 18, 2017
- The StabL Project – Hadrien Charlanes Plans Stable Tokens and Derivative Products For Ethereum Blockchain - February 17, 2017
- Blockchain Energy Trading Trials Kickoff with Canada’s BTL Group and Austria’s Wien Energie - February 16, 2017
- Smart Dubai Office (SDO) and 1776 Launch Blockchain Challenge - February 16, 2017
- BOScoin, a New Cryptocurrency, Introduces “Trust Contracts” to Overcome the Shortcomings of Ethereum Smart Contracts - February 16, 2017
- European Commission Working on Blockchain – Plans Actively Seeking Pilot Partners - February 16, 2017
- Canadian Blockchain Company SecureKey Awarded U.S. Department of Homeland Security Grant - February 16, 2017
- Microsoft and KPMG Cut Deal and Kickoff Blockchain Nodes in Frankfurt and Singapore - February 16, 2017
- Global Blockchain Project FERMAT Announces Significant Alpha Release for the “Internet of People” - February 16, 2017
- Russian Blockchain Startup Exscudo Aims to Bridge Traditional Finances And The Cryptocurrency Market - February 15, 2017
- Active Year Ahead for Blockchain Solutions in Financial Services, says Corporate Insight - February 14, 2017
- BlockApps and Red Hat Cut Deal to Deliver Hybrid Cloud Solution for Blockchain Applications in the Enterprise - February 14, 2017
- Hyperledger Blockchain Turns One – Director Brian Behlendorf Updates - February 14, 2017
- The State Bank of India Initiates National Blockchain Bank Consortium - February 14, 2017
- The National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) Introduces Real-Time Cross-Border Blockchain Payments - February 14, 2017
- China Turning Hard to Blockchain – Focus on Fraud Reduction - February 13, 2017
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to Kick Off Blockchain in Heathcare Code-A-Thon - February 13, 2017
- Hexayurt Capital presents the Internet of Agreements at the World Government Summit - February 13, 2017
- EquiChain – Blockchain for Emerging Markets Post-Trade - February 13, 2017
- UK Government Approves Tramonex Labs to Issue Currency on Blockchain - February 12, 2017
- US Congress Buckles Down With Blockchain – Launch Congressional Blockchain Caucus - February 11, 2017
- Nick Szabo: Some Private Blockchains Qualify as Bona Fide Blockchains - February 10, 2017
- Bitfury Group and Government of Georgia Expand Blockchain Land Titling Project - February 10, 2017
- Expanse Project Announces Launch of the Expanse Bond System (EBS) - February 10, 2017
- WISeKey to Establish IoT Blockchain Center of Excellence in New York - February 10, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Coinfirm Gets $700k Growth Equity Via VC Funding - February 10, 2017
- Blockchain Health Startup Hashed Health Raises Nearly $2 Million in Initial Funding Round - February 10, 2017
- IBM Kicks Off Blockchain Initiative with Dubai Government - February 10, 2017
- Blockchain Pioneer Medici Ventures Invests in Factom, Inc. - February 7, 2017
- Canadian Blockchain Startup Equibit Raises Quarter Million Dollars in Day One of Initial Coin Offering (ICO) - February 5, 2017
- Blockchain-Fuelled Grantcoin Foundation Distributes Universal Basic Income (UBI) Grants To 1,132 People In 79 Countries - February 5, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Chronobank partners with NEM to create ChronoNEM wallet - February 3, 2017
- dotBlockchain Music Project Announces Partners - February 2, 2017
- Switzerland Promises to Ease Rules for Fintech and Blockchain Startups - February 2, 2017
- Netherlands’ ING Bank Completes 27 Blockchain POCs - February 2, 2017
- South African Blockchain-Based AR Game nears $1 Million in ICO Funding Goal - February 2, 2017