London-based Axlacor, the financial technology specialist developer, has just announced they have made a major breakthrough in Blockchain technology that enables the creation of secure universal order, trade booking and settlement systems capable of processing millions of transactions a second.
This development is in direct response to an increasing need among banks and financial institutions to operate far more efficient, cost effective and integrated IT systems than at present. The Axlacor team has a proven track record of working within investment banks replacing legacy IT systems with more universal and cost effective solutions.
Axlacor’s NEON is an innovative system enabling banks and other financial institutions to replace current internal booking systems, their post-trade and detailed compliance requirements in a format capable of being fully integrated into other existing IT operations.
A major focus of the new product is on new and existing techniques to analyse and detect rogue traders within a bank. Michael Kunstel, founder and CEO of Axlacor says:
“We believe that if an integrated system like NEON was in place years ago the Libor scandal would not have occurred. NEON gives users the ability to process literally millions of transactions and trades every second but it also allows wide, but secure, access to the system that would enable compliance departments and regulators instant analytics. This can ensure ‘rogue traders’ activities are flagged up extremely quickly – both internally and externally.”
Kunstel was formerly the architect and team leader of pre-trade, post-trade and transaction cost analysis systems at a major international bank. He also designed and built a global FX option risk system for another bank. The Axlacor team comprises individuals with deep knowledge of investment banking and their IT systems. With further experience in compliance and regulatory requirements, the team at Axlacor understands the business logic and fine detailed requirements of modern banking systems.
NEON provides the following features:
- It utilizes innovative Blockchain peer-to-peer/distributed ledger technology, which can store, process and run analytics on multiple types of specialist data within a bank.
- It can replace banks’ booking, regulatory and compliance systems within a single package.
- It includes business logic with the goal of replacing existing legacy IT systems used within banks.
- Able to satisfy many of the fine detailed requirements of existing banking systems.
- “Cross asset” – It can be used for equities, FX, commodities, fixed income and more.
- It allows millions of transactions per second.
- Multiple levels of banking grade security are built in.
- It provides selective sharing and Chinese walls of classified data.
- It includes systems for improved detection of rogue traders.
Axlacor is focused on the replacement of multiple redundant legacy systems with a single package utilising the latest technology. It is estimated the potential costs savings of the scheme could run into the hundreds of millions of dollars.
Today’s world is all about reducing costs and risks within a bank. Many financial institutions have identified their IT departments as just cost centres and are therefore outsourcing most IT services abroad to lower skilled and cheaper regions.
Axlacor employs the best highly skilled banking IT specialists available in Europe. “Banks can reduce costs and still have the best experienced local staff by utilizing economies of scale,” says Kunstel.
Axlacor aims to form a consortium of banks to assist in building standardized, common replacement systems. NEON allows banks to focus their budgets on being competitive in their primary business.
- Spotify acquires Blockchain Startup Mediachain Labs - April 29, 2017
- Trusted Identities in Blockchain Apps Shown to Work To Benefit Healthcare and Pharma - April 28, 2017
- Ten More Banks Join Ripple’s Global Payments Network - April 28, 2017
- Token.FM, First Blockchain-Based Direct-to-Fan Music Platform, to Launch Initial Trial in May, Opens Series A Round - April 28, 2017
- Mysterium To Build Blockchain-based VPN for Secure, Anonymous Internet Connection - April 28, 2017
- TaaS token crowdsale concludes with $7.7 million raised - April 28, 2017
- Humaniq Humanitarian Blockchain ICO breaks the $5 million barrier - April 28, 2017
- Exscudo, Blockchain Financial Services Provider Launches ICO - April 27, 2017
- Kibo Platforms’ Beta Version Be Launched in the Beginning of May - April 25, 2017
- Distributed Cloud Platform iEx.ec attracts $12M in Three Hours in ICO - April 25, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Working Group – Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) – The Way Forward - April 25, 2017
- Blockchain App Humaniq’s HMQ Token to be Traded on Six Exchanges - April 24, 2017
- Five days left until Blockchain Startup Exscudo ICO - April 21, 2017
- Apptrade to Reward Crowdsale Participants with Three Percent Bonus - April 21, 2017
- Blockchain Technology Startup Humaniq Raises $3.8M and Signs Contract With Deloitte - April 21, 2017
- Monolith Studio Announces Crowdsale for TokenCard, the First Debit Card Powered by Smart Contracts - April 20, 2017
- Blockchain Co. SingularDTV Recruits Hollywood VP - April 18, 2017
- Factom Closes Extended Series A Round of $8 Million Following Harmony Product Launch - April 18, 2017
- Interview with Back to Earth founder Clay Space - April 18, 2017
- Ethereum Movie Initial Coin Offering Sell Out - April 18, 2017
- Insurtech Startup Etherisc Wins “Blockchain Oscar” for Innovative Insurance Platform - April 14, 2017
- India’s Blockchain Community Launches Digital Asset and Blockchain Foundation - April 14, 2017
- UK EPSRC Supports Seven Blockchain Projects with £3.6 Million - April 14, 2017
- Dutch National Blockchain Coalition Presents Action Agenda - April 14, 2017
- Broadridge, J.P. Morgan, Northern Trust and Banco Santander Successfully Complete Pilot of for Blockchain Voting - April 14, 2017
- Blockgeeks Labs to Hold Blockchain Hackathon in Toronto - April 14, 2017
- Exscudo network EON coins are available for pre-order - April 13, 2017
- One of Big Four accounting firms is now legal adviser of Exscudo - April 12, 2017
- Dash Cryptocurrency Signs on with Kraken - April 12, 2017
- Blockchain Capital Closes ICO – $10 Million in Six Hours Raised in Record Time - April 11, 2017
- Ethereum meets Hyperledger – Burrow Ethereum Smart Contract Machine to Join Hyperledger - April 11, 2017
- Porsche Announces First Blockchain Contest - April 10, 2017
- Fidelity Labs Joins IC3 Blockchain Group - April 10, 2017
- Global Graphchain Project FERMAT Announces Distributed Governance Model Featuring Contribution Contracts - April 10, 2017
- Coinsilium and Oraclize sign MoU to form Strategic Alliance - April 10, 2017
- Industry Thought Leaders Invest With Blockchain Capital in its Ground-Breaking ICO - April 8, 2017
- Novus To Launch Innovative Blockchain Advanced File Index System - April 5, 2017
- Lykke Announces OEM Services – Lykke Accelerator - April 5, 2017
- BitHub.Africa Announces ICO Campaign to Foster Region’s Cryptocurrency Ecosystem - April 5, 2017
- SibCoin: Siberia Down, China to Go - April 4, 2017
- Groundbreaking Blockchain Research to Feature at International Financial Cryptography Conference - April 4, 2017
- Exscudo, The Nextgen Financial System, Announces ICO - April 4, 2017
- A Film by Manuel Stagars – The Blockchain And Us Video Documentary – Released in Full - April 4, 2017
- Genpact Harnesses Blockchain Technology to Transform F&A Operations to Improve Cash Flow and Enhance Customer Experience - April 4, 2017
- Blockchain Startup TaaS Partners With Exchange Platforms - April 4, 2017
- Synereo announces Qrator – The First Attention Economy App - April 4, 2017
- Blockchain Capital Releases Offering Memorandum for Its $10 Million Digital Token Offering - April 4, 2017
- Lykke Announces Availability of Blockchain Startup ChronoBank TIME Token - April 3, 2017
- Blockchain Workspace Launches Blockchain Education Company in Amsterdam, Netherlands - April 3, 2017
- Blockchain Startup SingularDTV Goes Hollywood - April 1, 2017