Blockchain infrastructure provider KnC today announced plans to build another data center in Boden – the Blockchain computing community within The Node Pole. This was unveiled by CEO Sam Cole during the opening ceremony of the Arctic Chain Hackathon today.
The new data center, which will be KnC’s fourth data center in The Node Pole, is a direct response to a growing market demand, where not only cryptocurrency functions but also a growing number of other blockchain technology applications drives an increasing global market demand for smart and efficient computing capacity – an area where KnC’s combination of smart computing hardware, software models and attractive business applications has led to them dominating in the global market.
The new data center will be located in Boden – the blockchain community within The Node Pole where also Hydro66 is located, and this will be the second mega data center built on the 8000 m2 site where KnC built another center earlier this year – and KnC’s fourth data center in The Node Pole.
With a total capacity of 30 MW, the new center will be utilized mainly for Blockchain security applications utilizing 16 nanometer technology – a sort of unique ‘turbo engine’ for Blockchain computing, vastly more efficient and powerful than other technologies currently available in this market. KnC already today has customers from across the world lined up for taking part in the new services offered using the new data center, and KnC is exclusively relying on locally sprung talent for both building and setting up the new center.
Arctic Chain Hackathon
The new data center plans was unveiled during the opening ceremony of Scandinavia’s first ever blockchain hackathon event – Arctic Chain Hackathon – an event where talent from all around the world are invited and challenged to come up with the best business ideas and coding solutions using blockchain technology.
“The new center is another milestone for us going forward, and what better way to unveil this news than in front of these bright minds present here in Boden at the first ever Scandinavian Hackathon. I’m actually hoping to find some people here today to help us in running the new center and coming up with new innovations going forward!” comments Sam Cole – CEO and Co- founder of KnC.
Anne Graf, Investment Director of Sweden’s largest data center cluster The Node Pole – where KnC as well as global cloud computing players such as Facebook and Hydro66 are already embedded – sees today’s news as absolute proof of KnC success, as well as of the bright future of both KnC and the entire cloud computing cluster within The Node Pole.
“This is of course great news for KnC, The Node Pole as well as both the Boden municipality and the entire Swedish cloud computing market. KnC continues to prove that they are an integral part of the new digital and intellectual infrastructure that will drive innovation and development over the next decades”, comments Anne.
The new data center news also correlates with a surge in the prospective cloud capacity market, forecasted to double in number of European mega data centers over the next four years. KnC’s new mega data center is scheduled to be operational by early spring 2016.
Founded in 2013, KnC is a global technology leader in the Blockchain space, providing efficient, secure and green blockchain power to the world. KnC also has an exceptional track record of delivering next generation ASIC chips to the market. Based in Stockholm, Sweden, KnC develops state-of-the-art chip design and cloud services for blockchain-based applications incl. cryptocurrency mining. KnC also runs industrial-scale operations in other locations globally, with the main focus within the Arctic Circle. Read more at www.kncgroup.com
About The Node Pole
The Node Pole region encompasses four municipalities in the very north of Sweden, just by the Arctic Circle. The cluster is as of today home to ten datacenter (run by Facebook, KnC, Hydro66 and Fortlax among others).The Node Pole also encompasses The Node Pole Alliance: +80 data and datacenter management companies (Schneider Electrics, Cisco, Flextronics, among others) and has numerous global data service clients – as well as joint market and university cloud computing R&D datacenter initiative SICS ICE.
The region has earned the epithet The Node Pole due to its northern position and emergence as a global hub for data traffic and data management innovations. Sweden enjoys one of the lowest electricity pricings in Europe and one of the world’s premiere digital infrastructures and high tech labor forces. The region is one of the most geologically, politically and socially stable areas in the world. Read more atwww.thenodepole.com
- Daimler AG Joins Hyperledger Blockchain Consortium as Premier Member - February 21, 2017
- Voatz and Clear Ballot to Explore Blockchain Technology for Remote Voting - February 20, 2017
- New Blockchain Smart Contract Token Developed By GameCredits - February 20, 2017
- Blockchain Could Be a New Operating System for the Planet Says Jeremy Wilson, Vice Chairman of Barclays Corporate Banking - February 20, 2017
- JAAK and the Guardian Initiative Announce MΞTA: A Blockchain Pilot for The Media & Entertainment Industry - February 18, 2017
- The StabL Project – Hadrien Charlanes Plans Stable Tokens and Derivative Products For Ethereum Blockchain - February 17, 2017
- Blockchain Energy Trading Trials Kickoff with Canada’s BTL Group and Austria’s Wien Energie - February 16, 2017
- Smart Dubai Office (SDO) and 1776 Launch Blockchain Challenge - February 16, 2017
- BOScoin, a New Cryptocurrency, Introduces “Trust Contracts” to Overcome the Shortcomings of Ethereum Smart Contracts - February 16, 2017
- European Commission Working on Blockchain – Plans Actively Seeking Pilot Partners - February 16, 2017
- Canadian Blockchain Company SecureKey Awarded U.S. Department of Homeland Security Grant - February 16, 2017
- Microsoft and KPMG Cut Deal and Kickoff Blockchain Nodes in Frankfurt and Singapore - February 16, 2017
- Global Blockchain Project FERMAT Announces Significant Alpha Release for the “Internet of People” - February 16, 2017
- Russian Blockchain Startup Exscudo Aims to Bridge Traditional Finances And The Cryptocurrency Market - February 15, 2017
- Active Year Ahead for Blockchain Solutions in Financial Services, says Corporate Insight - February 14, 2017
- BlockApps and Red Hat Cut Deal to Deliver Hybrid Cloud Solution for Blockchain Applications in the Enterprise - February 14, 2017
- Hyperledger Blockchain Turns One – Director Brian Behlendorf Updates - February 14, 2017
- The State Bank of India Initiates National Blockchain Bank Consortium - February 14, 2017
- The National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) Introduces Real-Time Cross-Border Blockchain Payments - February 14, 2017
- China Turning Hard to Blockchain – Focus on Fraud Reduction - February 13, 2017
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to Kick Off Blockchain in Heathcare Code-A-Thon - February 13, 2017
- Hexayurt Capital presents the Internet of Agreements at the World Government Summit - February 13, 2017
- EquiChain – Blockchain for Emerging Markets Post-Trade - February 13, 2017
- UK Government Approves Tramonex Labs to Issue Currency on Blockchain - February 12, 2017
- US Congress Buckles Down With Blockchain – Launch Congressional Blockchain Caucus - February 11, 2017
- Nick Szabo: Some Private Blockchains Qualify as Bona Fide Blockchains - February 10, 2017
- Bitfury Group and Government of Georgia Expand Blockchain Land Titling Project - February 10, 2017
- Expanse Project Announces Launch of the Expanse Bond System (EBS) - February 10, 2017
- WISeKey to Establish IoT Blockchain Center of Excellence in New York - February 10, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Coinfirm Gets $700k Growth Equity Via VC Funding - February 10, 2017
- Blockchain Health Startup Hashed Health Raises Nearly $2 Million in Initial Funding Round - February 10, 2017
- IBM Kicks Off Blockchain Initiative with Dubai Government - February 10, 2017
- Blockchain Pioneer Medici Ventures Invests in Factom, Inc. - February 7, 2017
- Canadian Blockchain Startup Equibit Raises Quarter Million Dollars in Day One of Initial Coin Offering (ICO) - February 5, 2017
- Blockchain-Fuelled Grantcoin Foundation Distributes Universal Basic Income (UBI) Grants To 1,132 People In 79 Countries - February 5, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Chronobank partners with NEM to create ChronoNEM wallet - February 3, 2017
- dotBlockchain Music Project Announces Partners - February 2, 2017
- Switzerland Promises to Ease Rules for Fintech and Blockchain Startups - February 2, 2017
- Netherlands’ ING Bank Completes 27 Blockchain POCs - February 2, 2017
- South African Blockchain-Based AR Game nears $1 Million in ICO Funding Goal - February 2, 2017
- The Wall Street Blockchain Alliance Announces New Blockchain Assets Working Group - February 2, 2017
- Tel Aviv’s Colu Launches Local Digital Currency for Liverpool – East London Next - February 2, 2017
- South Africa Mulling Over Blockchain Digital Currency - February 2, 2017
- Nine in Ten Governments Investing in Blockchain by 2018 Says IBM Study - February 2, 2017
- NATO Awards Estonian Blockchain Company Guardtime Contract for Next-Generation Cyber Range - February 2, 2017
- Microsoft and Tierion Collaborate on Attestations and Blockchain Proofs - February 2, 2017
- Irish Funds and Deloitte Trial Blockchain Proof-of-Concept - February 2, 2017
- Cambridge Blockchain Raise $2 Million for Digital Identity Enterprise Software - February 2, 2017
- National Altcoins – a Toy for Market Sharks or Godsend for Local Communities? - February 1, 2017
- TaaS, the First Fully Transparent Closed End Fund dedicated to Blockchain Assets, Announces ICO - February 1, 2017