Drawing on the Switzerlands’ unique competitive strengths in the banking world, Zurich-based Nexussquared has announced they will act as a catalyst for the development of international Blockchain and Fintech businesses out of Switzerland.
Over the course of the Q1 2916, Nexussquared will continue to establish its operations, which will include an internationally connected program called Nexuslab to mentor and grow start-up companies, and a portfolio of business coaching and consulting services.
In its activities, the company’s primary focus will be on the application of blockchain technology to financial services business models. Acting as an independent platform, Nexussquared will allow fintech ventures and financial institutions to harness the full potential of Switzerland’s unique mix of competitive advantages including deep financial services expertise, strong technology know-how, strict data protection laws and a stable geopolitical environment.
By partnering with leading global fintech experts and organisations, Nexussquared will ensure the resulting business models are fit to scale internationally.
Nexussquared co-founder Daniel Grassinger said:
“By partnering with stakeholders operating across the entire financial services spectrum we will foster an environment where new ideas can thrive and provide resources to harness Switzerland’s unique potential as a leading centre for financial technology.”
In a whitepaper published recently called Act Now or Follow Later – Why Switzerland Must Seize the Fintech Challenge, Nexussquared argues that Switzerland is well positioned to become a leading centre for financial technology. Stressing that time is of the essence if Switzerland wants to seize these opportunities, the whitepaper outlines three possible future scenarios for Switzerland to be a leading fintech location: as a blockchain expertise centre, a next generation wealth management hub and a continental European fintech hub.
Starting in January 18th 2016, they will launch a monthly Nexussquared ‘Drink-Up’ series inviting Swiss and international Fintech aficionados to meet in a casual environment with the goal to allow the ‘Fin’ to meet the ‘Tech’ across all disciplines of the Swiss financial services industry. Their first Nexussquared ‘Drink-Up’ will take place on Monday January 18th, 2016 – from 06:00 pm. at the LIMA Bar, Talacker 34, 8001 Zurich. You can RSVP online here.
The Zurich startup has also recently announced the setup and time line for its virtual Blockchain startup programme Nexuslab
Taking a novel approach to fostering startups, Nexuslab introduces a programme inspired by the blockchain paradigms of decentralisation, trust and efficiency. To extend the range and expertise of its mentor network, the programme will collaborate with Startupbootcamp Fintech.
Starting in early 2016, Nexuslab will host the pilot round of its three-month programme, which will take place in a predominantly virtual setting based on a secure collaboration platform to facilitate tailored coaching sessions and offer on-demand training. Three weekend hangout sessions in major European cities will provide founders of participating startups with the opportunity to meet face-to-face and learn directly from successful fintech companies.
Throughout the programme, startups will be individually matched with senior level mentors from the financial and IT industry, such as blockchain specialist Guido Rudolphi, to receive practical advice on regulatory, technical and commercial aspects of their specific business. Nexuslab will collaborate with Startupbootcamp Fintech to provide participants access to selected experts and build on Startupbootcamp’s experience of helping and growing startups.
During the final month of the programme, all teams will gather at the Nexuslab pop-up lab in Zurich for additional in-person mentoring and to prepare their ideas for a pitch day. Visa and financial restrictions often prevent promising fintech startups from participating in traditional accelerator programmes, which require entire teams to work in a specific location for a prolonged period of time. Particularly in Central and Eastern Europe, highly skilled technology specialists struggle to match their ideas with in-depth financial industry expertise and adequate support to turn them into winning business models.
Nexuslab was designed from scratch to overcome such hurdles and offers a programme that reflects the decentralised setup of many of today’s fintech ventures. The programme taps into Switzerland’s leading financial services expertise and makes the unique competitive advantages, which have led to a growing nexussquared | Seestrasse 329 | 8038 Zurich | Switzerland blockchain cluster in the Swiss canton of Zug, available to fintech talent in and out of Switzerland.
Nexuslab programme founder Daniel Grassinger said:
“When planning our programme, we studied the needs of new fintech and especially blockchain ventures very closely. It soon became clear that many of them operate in virtual teams spread across different countries. Based on these findings, we designed Nexuslab, a startup support programme that aligns with the virtual nature of many new fintech ventures, allowing them to source talent based on skills rather than location.”
Blockchain and Bitcoin expert Guido Rudolphi, who will support Nexuslab with his technical expertise, said:
“When I was asked if I wanted to get involved in Nexuslab I agreed in an instant. A virtual programme meets the requirements of today’s fintech startups, especially in the blockchain field. I mostly work in virtual teams myself, and I look forward to sharing my experience with highly motivated startups to help them bring their business ideas to life.”
Pre-registration for the 2016 pilot cohort is now open The first round of Nexuslab will start in March 2016. Pre-registration is open now and the official submission period will run from 1 January to 12 February 2016. Nexuslab will consider applications both from teams with convincing early- stage ideas and startups that have already acquired seed funding.
At least one of the founders needs to be based in Europe. Nexuslab is open to fintech ventures with business models based on or related to blockchain technology. The programme features three tollgates at which a decision will be made whether a team will progress to the next stage. This built-in selection mechanism allows Nexuslab to start with a larger pool of teams and give entrepreneurs with early-stage ideas a chance to prove themselves. More information about Nexuslab and the pre-registration link are available here.
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017
- Storiqa Makes Cryptocurrency Closer To The World – Usual E-shop With A Few Peculiarities For Unusual Currency - November 17, 2017
- American Express Cuts Deal with Ripplenet – Giving Visibility and Speed to Global Commercial Payments - November 16, 2017
- CapLinked Named One of 20 Most Promising Collaboration Technology Providers By CIO - November 16, 2017
- Global Blockchain Technologies Corp. Announces $20M Fund to Invest in Steem SMTs - November 16, 2017
- Augmate Announces First IoT Device Management Platform Using Distributed Ledgers - November 16, 2017
- BitDegree Teams up with Zcoin to Develop Cryptography Course - November 16, 2017
- With Backing from the Biggest Poker Names, CoinPoker Launches Pre-ICO - November 15, 2017
- Jeff Garzik – Metronome GitHub is now public - November 14, 2017
- Livestreaming Pioneer YouNow Doubles Down on Decentralization with Storj Labs Partnership - November 14, 2017
- OriginTrail – Winner of Walmart 2017 Food Safety Innovation Award Announces Presale - November 14, 2017