Drawing on the Switzerlands’ unique competitive strengths in the banking world, Zurich-based Nexussquared has announced they will act as a catalyst for the development of international Blockchain and Fintech businesses out of Switzerland.
Over the course of the Q1 2916, Nexussquared will continue to establish its operations, which will include an internationally connected program called Nexuslab to mentor and grow start-up companies, and a portfolio of business coaching and consulting services.
In its activities, the company’s primary focus will be on the application of blockchain technology to financial services business models. Acting as an independent platform, Nexussquared will allow fintech ventures and financial institutions to harness the full potential of Switzerland’s unique mix of competitive advantages including deep financial services expertise, strong technology know-how, strict data protection laws and a stable geopolitical environment.
By partnering with leading global fintech experts and organisations, Nexussquared will ensure the resulting business models are fit to scale internationally.
Nexussquared co-founder Daniel Grassinger said:
“By partnering with stakeholders operating across the entire financial services spectrum we will foster an environment where new ideas can thrive and provide resources to harness Switzerland’s unique potential as a leading centre for financial technology.”
In a whitepaper published recently called Act Now or Follow Later – Why Switzerland Must Seize the Fintech Challenge, Nexussquared argues that Switzerland is well positioned to become a leading centre for financial technology. Stressing that time is of the essence if Switzerland wants to seize these opportunities, the whitepaper outlines three possible future scenarios for Switzerland to be a leading fintech location: as a blockchain expertise centre, a next generation wealth management hub and a continental European fintech hub.
Starting in January 18th 2016, they will launch a monthly Nexussquared ‘Drink-Up’ series inviting Swiss and international Fintech aficionados to meet in a casual environment with the goal to allow the ‘Fin’ to meet the ‘Tech’ across all disciplines of the Swiss financial services industry. Their first Nexussquared ‘Drink-Up’ will take place on Monday January 18th, 2016 – from 06:00 pm. at the LIMA Bar, Talacker 34, 8001 Zurich. You can RSVP online here.
The Zurich startup has also recently announced the setup and time line for its virtual Blockchain startup programme Nexuslab
Taking a novel approach to fostering startups, Nexuslab introduces a programme inspired by the blockchain paradigms of decentralisation, trust and efficiency. To extend the range and expertise of its mentor network, the programme will collaborate with Startupbootcamp Fintech.
Starting in early 2016, Nexuslab will host the pilot round of its three-month programme, which will take place in a predominantly virtual setting based on a secure collaboration platform to facilitate tailored coaching sessions and offer on-demand training. Three weekend hangout sessions in major European cities will provide founders of participating startups with the opportunity to meet face-to-face and learn directly from successful fintech companies.
Throughout the programme, startups will be individually matched with senior level mentors from the financial and IT industry, such as blockchain specialist Guido Rudolphi, to receive practical advice on regulatory, technical and commercial aspects of their specific business. Nexuslab will collaborate with Startupbootcamp Fintech to provide participants access to selected experts and build on Startupbootcamp’s experience of helping and growing startups.
During the final month of the programme, all teams will gather at the Nexuslab pop-up lab in Zurich for additional in-person mentoring and to prepare their ideas for a pitch day. Visa and financial restrictions often prevent promising fintech startups from participating in traditional accelerator programmes, which require entire teams to work in a specific location for a prolonged period of time. Particularly in Central and Eastern Europe, highly skilled technology specialists struggle to match their ideas with in-depth financial industry expertise and adequate support to turn them into winning business models.
Nexuslab was designed from scratch to overcome such hurdles and offers a programme that reflects the decentralised setup of many of today’s fintech ventures. The programme taps into Switzerland’s leading financial services expertise and makes the unique competitive advantages, which have led to a growing nexussquared | Seestrasse 329 | 8038 Zurich | Switzerland blockchain cluster in the Swiss canton of Zug, available to fintech talent in and out of Switzerland.
Nexuslab programme founder Daniel Grassinger said:
“When planning our programme, we studied the needs of new fintech and especially blockchain ventures very closely. It soon became clear that many of them operate in virtual teams spread across different countries. Based on these findings, we designed Nexuslab, a startup support programme that aligns with the virtual nature of many new fintech ventures, allowing them to source talent based on skills rather than location.”
Blockchain and Bitcoin expert Guido Rudolphi, who will support Nexuslab with his technical expertise, said:
“When I was asked if I wanted to get involved in Nexuslab I agreed in an instant. A virtual programme meets the requirements of today’s fintech startups, especially in the blockchain field. I mostly work in virtual teams myself, and I look forward to sharing my experience with highly motivated startups to help them bring their business ideas to life.”
Pre-registration for the 2016 pilot cohort is now open The first round of Nexuslab will start in March 2016. Pre-registration is open now and the official submission period will run from 1 January to 12 February 2016. Nexuslab will consider applications both from teams with convincing early- stage ideas and startups that have already acquired seed funding.
At least one of the founders needs to be based in Europe. Nexuslab is open to fintech ventures with business models based on or related to blockchain technology. The programme features three tollgates at which a decision will be made whether a team will progress to the next stage. This built-in selection mechanism allows Nexuslab to start with a larger pool of teams and give entrepreneurs with early-stage ideas a chance to prove themselves. More information about Nexuslab and the pre-registration link are available here.
- AB-CHAIN’s Cryptocurrency Makes Advertising Easy - September 25, 2017
- Gibraltar Jumps on Regulatory Bandwagon – Issues Consumer Warning on ICOs – Token Sales – But Gives Green Light - September 24, 2017
- From the Creator of ICOs – J.R. Willett Designs Uptoken – To Accelerate Expansion Of Global Crypto ATM Network - September 23, 2017
- Art Provenance Platform ARTEX Launching Token Sale - September 23, 2017
- Students Train for Blockchain Jobs at Coding and Cryptocurrencies Summer Course in Greece - September 23, 2017
- Central Banks are Trialling Blockchain, Cambridge Study Shows - September 23, 2017
- Blockchain Conquering Esports Industry - September 22, 2017
- Russian-based Startup LavkaLavka Plan to Disrupt Global Eco Farming and Organic Food Retail Sector with BioCoin - September 22, 2017
- Slack Out, Rocket.chat In – Blockchain Community Leaders Aragon Lead Industry Exodus Amid Marked Increase In Phishing Scams - September 22, 2017
- Swiss Supply Chain Startup AMBROSUS Launches Token Generation Event - September 22, 2017
- Codemojo (Backed by PayPal Incubator) is launching its ICO to Mobilize $360 Bn worth of Reward Points Globally - September 22, 2017
- Investment into Blockchain start-ups set to hit $3bn in 2017 - September 22, 2017
- Opporty Announces ICO and Token Sale Starting October 18th 2017 - September 21, 2017
- Medicalchain To Speak At The Upcoming Financial Times Digital Health Summit On Oct. 12, 2017 - September 21, 2017
- Adel Will Upgrade Its Blockchain Incubator Using Jelurida’s Latest Technology - September 21, 2017
- Etch Foundation Announce Token Sale - September 21, 2017
- Jamie Foxx dives into cryptocurrency – invests in COBINHOOD - September 21, 2017
- New Creditinfo App and Services Utilize Blockchain-Based ShoCard Identity Platform to Maximize User Privacy while Authenticating Credit Report Data - September 21, 2017
- Disruptive Truck-Sharing Company Doft Sells Doftcoins to Truckers, 3PLs and Freight Shippers with 50% discount during Pre-ICO - September 21, 2017
- Carnegie Mellon University and BitClave partner to improve the search experience - September 21, 2017
- Darfchain Successfully Implements Its Distributed Erp System Encompassing Odoo, Bigchaindb And Ethereum Technology - September 21, 2017
- ASX-Listed iCandy Interactive Limited Announces Backing For Independent Blockchain Based Crypto-Currency “Project Nitro” To Support And Democratize Game Development - September 21, 2017
- Ethereum Co-founder Anthony Di Iorio Joins BlockMason as Advisor - September 20, 2017
- Nuggets Announces Token Sale for Revolutionary Blockchain Platform for Secure Private Payments and ID Verification - September 20, 2017
- Preeminent Investor & CNBC Contributor BRIAN KELLY Joins Veridium Labs Board of Advisors - September 20, 2017
- Dragonchain, Originally Developed at Disney, Announces October 2nd Token Sale To Bring The Power Of Blockchain Technology To Business - September 20, 2017
- Social Payments App Moneymailme Announces Development Of A New Blockchain Platform Called Modex Marketplace - September 20, 2017
- Blockchain-Fuelled Public Opinion Poll Startup ClearPoll Announce Presale - September 20, 2017
- SmartOne Launches Legal Solution for Crypto Community – Announce LEGAL Tokens - September 19, 2017
- HydroMiner Announces ICO and First Token Sale Starting September 25th 2017 - September 19, 2017
- LEVERJ AnnouncesFully Functional, Non-Custodial Cryptocurrency Derivatives Trading Platform - September 19, 2017
- DataBroker DAO, a Decentralised Marketplace for IoT Sensor Data, Token Sale Is Live - September 19, 2017
- Poseidon Brings Value To Nature Through Carbon Blockchain Technology - September 19, 2017
- Options and Futures on the Blockchain Board of Derivatives. PRE-SALE begins on 22th September at 8AM GMT. - September 18, 2017
- Blockchain-based Digital Advertising Ecosystem Papyrus to Launch Token Generation Event on 12 October - September 18, 2017
- Propy Raises $15 Million in ICO to Decentralize Real Estate Sales and Attract Foreign Investors - September 18, 2017
- The Financial Commission Issues Certification of the Genesis Vision ICO - September 18, 2017
- Blockchain Industry and Regulatory Leaders Launch Token Alliance - September 18, 2017
- PayPie Challenges Experian, Equifax and TransUnion Status Quo with the World’s First Ethereum Blockchain-Based Credit Risk Assessment - September 18, 2017
- YouNow Announces the PROPS Ecosystem, Brings Cryptocurrency to Mobile Video - September 18, 2017
- Dash Grows in Accessibility; Listed on London Digital Asset Exchange and Broker Dash partners with CEX.IO - September 18, 2017
- Qtum Ignition Tackles Scalability with First Decentralized Governance Protocol - September 18, 2017
- The Grant Hero Foundation Aims to Disrupt the Non-Profit Industry with the GIVE Coin Using Ethereum Blockchain Technology - September 18, 2017
- Trippki Announces Hotel Booking and Rewards Platform to Simplify & Monetize Traveling - September 18, 2017
- Democratic Cryptocurrency Exchange Mandarin.top launches ICO - September 18, 2017
- Talla Launches Botchain, a Blockchain-Based Platform for Ensuring Certainty and Security in A.I. Autonomous Agents for Business - September 18, 2017
- NXT Blockchain Announces Big Changes for Voting, Money Transfer and More - September 17, 2017
- Swirlds Raises $3M Seed Round to Bring Improved Performance, Security to Distributed Ledger Applications - September 17, 2017
- ICOBox Token Sale Tops 3933 BTC For New and Existing ICOs - September 17, 2017
- 21 Thousand People Contribute To Kybernetwork As Company Reports ‘Smooth’ ICO - September 16, 2017