Ultimate Blockchain tokens’ platform WAVES has enjoyed substantial success at the start of its ICO, raising 4,683 BTC (just shy of USD$2 million) by the end of the first day alone.
The opening hours of the ICO saw the platform flooded with new users signing up and depositing bitcoins. Although all transactions are recorded on the BTC Blockchain and there was never a risk of funds being lost, the huge interest and activity effectively DDoS’d the server and for some time it was unclear how much had been raised.
When the hit rate slowed and the server was able to catch up, the reasons for the problem became clear: in the first six hours alone, deposits totalling $1 million had been made. Over the remainder of the first day, investors continued to send funds, with the result that just short of $2 million was raised in 24 hours. The Ethereum contract that was supposed to record all bitcoin deposits on the Ethereum Blockchain proved to be faulty.
However, all funds are now being moved with a script to the multi-sig Coinbase wallet every 30 minutes, so totals can be tracked easily at the following address: 3DWBSSAue32YS8PcW2gLs6m52BCCv3UgDA It is a time of significant ICOs, with other recent offerings raising millions of dollars in funding.
WAVES has similarly caught the interest of the cryptocurrency community and proven extremely popular – boding extremely well for the development and marketing of the platform in the coming weeks and months. With a focus on user adoption, crowdfunding and integration for fiat tokens, development on WAVESis continuing throughout the ICO and the first lite clients should be ready for use at the end of the fundraiser, or shortly after the process finishes. The ICO will continue for another 6 weeks until 31 May.
The 2.0 crypto initiative will be designed to solve real-world problems and with mass adoption in mind from the start. WAVES, a versatile new custom tokens platform, will aim to bring the benefits of Blockchain technology to crowdfunding, securities trading and fiat money transfers. The platform will focus on integration of national currencies through compliant gateway operators, allowing users to employ GBP, USD, EUR, CNY and others for Blockchain operations, rather than relying on a native token subject to volatility through changing supply and demand.
In the context of the concerning move towards permissioned Blockchains, WAVES will offer financial institutions an open platform fit for purpose and suited to the demands of KYC/AML regulation. It will also include anonymity features, a must for industry-grade trading platforms. Decentralised Kickstarter WAVES will initially focus on several key applications. A decentralized token exchange will facilitate fundraising, crowdfunding, and trading of financial instruments on the Blockchain.
Asset- to-asset trading will be enabled from the start, meaning that any currencies and assets can be used to pay network fees, thereby placing minimal burdens on end users.
“WAVES is designed to take the coloured coins concept to its fullest expression,’ says Sasha Ivanov, the platform’s founder, who is well-known in the cryptocurrency world thanks to his Coinomat instant exchange and other popular projects. “One of the use cases we want to realise from the start is a kind of decentralised Kickstarter – one where anyone can raise funds for their project, but where investors are protected by WAVES’ built-in Blockchain-based reputation system, and where they can trade their stake in a project with third parties or gain an automatic refund if certain conditions are not met.’
Two-tier architecture WAVES is positioned for accessibility and mass adoption from the outset. The network is built on the Scorex platform, which develops an approach based on using current network state as an alternative to full transaction history. WAVES will use a variation of the proof-of-stake consensus mechanism, Leased PoS (LPoS), which enables lightweight clients to use their balances to maintain network security whilst leaving staking itself to full nodes.
This two-tier architecture means end users will only need lightweight clients, facilitating easy installation. Interfaces familiar from existing online banking and trading apps will enable a flat learning curve. The concern for usability is reflected in the use of plug-ins to enable new transaction types. Other platforms include these in the core, which lead to regular and mandatory hard forks.
“This way, any developer can implement a new type of transaction,” comments Ivanov. “Any node can propagate these, whether or not they have the required plug-in to interpret it. This should lead to an Appstore- like ecosystem, as well and unprecedented flexibility.”
- CoinAgenda Europe 2017 Blockchain Winners Announced - July 20, 2017
- BurstIQ Announces Token Crowdsale for its Health Data Ecosystem and Marketplace - July 20, 2017
- Gaming cryptocurrency meets online betting: Loot.bet pledges support to SkinCoin - July 20, 2017
- Kybernetwork Introduces A Decentralized Platform For The Instant Trading Of Any Crypto-asset - July 19, 2017
- Announcement of Proof of Existence 2.0 – PO.ET Token Sale August 8, 2017 - July 19, 2017
- Equities.com and KrowdMentor Announce Exclusive Strategic Partnership at CoinAgenda - July 19, 2017
- NASSCOM in association with BlockSmiths & Quatrro forms India’s First Blockchain SIG - July 18, 2017
- DENT Partners with Aquto to Bring Decentralized Global Mobile Data Exchange to 500 Million People - July 18, 2017
- Moeda Cooperative Banking-as-a-Service Relaunches Digital Token - July 18, 2017
- Aicoin Launches Today – Next Generation Of Investment Innovation In Initial Coin Offerings - July 18, 2017
- Pillar Tokens worth $12 Million Sold in First Hour of Sale - July 17, 2017
- CausePlay’s Thirtythree.8 Division Is Launching The Virtual Cash Back Token (VCB) and Its Ethereum-Based Blockchain Coupon and Rebate Platform - July 16, 2017
- Kazakhstan Becomes The Second Government To Embrace The Cryptocurrency Market System - July 16, 2017
- EnvisionX to Bring Blockchain to Programmatic Advertising - July 16, 2017
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Unveils New Technical Steering Committee and Seven New Working Groups - July 16, 2017
- Hungry Panda Games Launches ICO – Ethereum Powered Game And Esports Ecosystem - July 16, 2017
- CakeCodes Announces Highly-Anticipated Hybrid-Model Token Generation Event Via Bittrex - July 16, 2017
- Santiment Announces SAN Tokens Now Trading on Bitfinex - July 15, 2017
- Exchange Union Coin To Bridge Digital Currency Exchanges For Enhanced Trading - July 15, 2017
- Harbour DAO Updates Their ICO Model and Voting System to More Closely Align with a Commitment to Community-driven Governance - July 15, 2017
- ACChain Digital Coin Begins Trading on Japan’s NERAEX Exchange - July 14, 2017
- Token Sales For Entrepreneurs: A Workshop On Token Economic Design And Legal Compliance - July 13, 2017
- New York Trading Platform investFeed Replaces Equities for Cryptocurrency - July 13, 2017
- Falcon First Swiss Private Bank To Enter Blockchain Asset Management Market With Bitcoin - July 12, 2017
- Blockchain technology breaking barriers for effective foreign aid - July 12, 2017
- Blockchain Genomics company raises over $1M with Gene-Chain Coin Token Sales - July 12, 2017
- ANZ, Westpac, Scentre and IBM Complete Successful Blockchain Trial for Bank Guarantees - July 12, 2017
- Blockchain Based Ticketing Company Aventus Systems Announces Advisory Board - July 12, 2017
- DENT Wireless is the First Blockchain Platform to Power New Mobile Data Exchange Marketplace - July 12, 2017
- Blockchain Music Sharing Platform Aurovine Launches in India - July 12, 2017
- Hyperledger Announces Production-Ready Hyperledger Fabric 1.0 - July 12, 2017
- Ethereum Co-founder Mihai Alisie Joins Aragon Advisory Board - July 12, 2017
- Musiconomi Announces Crowdsale For Music Industry - July 12, 2017
- Mothership Launches Progressive Blockchain Financial Services with the Estonian e-Residency Program - July 12, 2017
- Sphre Raises Over $5 Million in XID Token Sale to Bring Identity Management to the Blockchain - July 11, 2017
- Token Sale: Revolutionary Virtual Reality Streaming Platform Supported by the Blockchain - July 11, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Liquidity Asset Token (LATO) announces PRE-ICO to Tokenize Assets - July 11, 2017
- $64,818 single spin payout by playing Hansel & Gretel at BitStarz Casino - July 8, 2017
- Startup Monetha Wants to Challenge PayPal’s and Trustpilot’s Status Quo with the Ethereum Blockchain - July 6, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Bitclave Launches Advertising Application, Active Search Ecosystem and Cybersecurity Platform - July 6, 2017
- Qtum Claims World’s First Proof-of-Stake Smart Contracts Platform - July 5, 2017
- Deloitte CIS and Waves Say They Plan to Shape the Future of Blockchain - July 4, 2017
- NEVERDIE Teleportation ICO to Monetize Infrastructure and Drive Trillion Dollar Virtual Goods Economy as The First Double Coin ICO - July 4, 2017
- Blockchain Startup ETHLend Wants to Revolutionise The Finance Lending Market - July 2, 2017
- Blockchain Startup EOS Token Distribution Generates Over US$185 Million in First Five Days - July 2, 2017
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Proposes Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs) to Crush Rise of Cryptocurrencies - July 2, 2017
- DECENT Launches Blockchain-Based Content Distribution Platform to Take On Entertainment Giants - June 30, 2017
- Synereo Releases Content Monetization Platform WildSpark - June 30, 2017
- First-ever Blockchain Real Estate Project — 3,000 BTC Cap Crowdfunded in 24 Hours on Waves Platform - June 30, 2017
- CoinDash, a Crypto Based Social Trading Platform, engages WINGS for Upcoming Token Sale Price Discovery and Social Engagement - June 30, 2017