Ultimate Blockchain tokens’ platform WAVES has enjoyed substantial success at the start of its ICO, raising 4,683 BTC (just shy of USD$2 million) by the end of the first day alone.
The opening hours of the ICO saw the platform flooded with new users signing up and depositing bitcoins. Although all transactions are recorded on the BTC Blockchain and there was never a risk of funds being lost, the huge interest and activity effectively DDoS’d the server and for some time it was unclear how much had been raised.
When the hit rate slowed and the server was able to catch up, the reasons for the problem became clear: in the first six hours alone, deposits totalling $1 million had been made. Over the remainder of the first day, investors continued to send funds, with the result that just short of $2 million was raised in 24 hours. The Ethereum contract that was supposed to record all bitcoin deposits on the Ethereum Blockchain proved to be faulty.
However, all funds are now being moved with a script to the multi-sig Coinbase wallet every 30 minutes, so totals can be tracked easily at the following address: 3DWBSSAue32YS8PcW2gLs6m52BCCv3UgDA It is a time of significant ICOs, with other recent offerings raising millions of dollars in funding.
WAVES has similarly caught the interest of the cryptocurrency community and proven extremely popular – boding extremely well for the development and marketing of the platform in the coming weeks and months. With a focus on user adoption, crowdfunding and integration for fiat tokens, development on WAVESis continuing throughout the ICO and the first lite clients should be ready for use at the end of the fundraiser, or shortly after the process finishes. The ICO will continue for another 6 weeks until 31 May.
The 2.0 crypto initiative will be designed to solve real-world problems and with mass adoption in mind from the start. WAVES, a versatile new custom tokens platform, will aim to bring the benefits of Blockchain technology to crowdfunding, securities trading and fiat money transfers. The platform will focus on integration of national currencies through compliant gateway operators, allowing users to employ GBP, USD, EUR, CNY and others for Blockchain operations, rather than relying on a native token subject to volatility through changing supply and demand.
In the context of the concerning move towards permissioned Blockchains, WAVES will offer financial institutions an open platform fit for purpose and suited to the demands of KYC/AML regulation. It will also include anonymity features, a must for industry-grade trading platforms. Decentralised Kickstarter WAVES will initially focus on several key applications. A decentralized token exchange will facilitate fundraising, crowdfunding, and trading of financial instruments on the Blockchain.
Asset- to-asset trading will be enabled from the start, meaning that any currencies and assets can be used to pay network fees, thereby placing minimal burdens on end users.
“WAVES is designed to take the coloured coins concept to its fullest expression,’ says Sasha Ivanov, the platform’s founder, who is well-known in the cryptocurrency world thanks to his Coinomat instant exchange and other popular projects. “One of the use cases we want to realise from the start is a kind of decentralised Kickstarter – one where anyone can raise funds for their project, but where investors are protected by WAVES’ built-in Blockchain-based reputation system, and where they can trade their stake in a project with third parties or gain an automatic refund if certain conditions are not met.’
Two-tier architecture WAVES is positioned for accessibility and mass adoption from the outset. The network is built on the Scorex platform, which develops an approach based on using current network state as an alternative to full transaction history. WAVES will use a variation of the proof-of-stake consensus mechanism, Leased PoS (LPoS), which enables lightweight clients to use their balances to maintain network security whilst leaving staking itself to full nodes.
This two-tier architecture means end users will only need lightweight clients, facilitating easy installation. Interfaces familiar from existing online banking and trading apps will enable a flat learning curve. The concern for usability is reflected in the use of plug-ins to enable new transaction types. Other platforms include these in the core, which lead to regular and mandatory hard forks.
“This way, any developer can implement a new type of transaction,” comments Ivanov. “Any node can propagate these, whether or not they have the required plug-in to interpret it. This should lead to an Appstore- like ecosystem, as well and unprecedented flexibility.”
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017