Hosted by Syed Kamall MEP and in conjunction with The Cobden Centre, European Digital Currency & Blockchain Technology Forum (EDCAB) is co-organising a flagship event on Virtual Currencies and Blockchain Technology in the European Parliament. The event, Virtual Currencies and Blockchain Technology: Europe’s Future will consist of an exhibition in the European Parliament which will culminate in a series of exclusive roundtables for industry and policymakers.
The Exhibition, which will be held in the central hub area of the European Parliament, includes informative displays that focus on virtual currencies and Blockchain, the benefits for citizens, the broader economic and societal potential and common myths. The Exhibition will run from Monday 18th April to Thursday 21st April and is targeted at MEPs and their staff as well as other EU institutions, authorities and agencies.
About the Roundtables
Three roundtables, moderated by EDCAB Founder, Siân Jones, will run alongside the Exhibition focusing on Virtual Currencies: The future of money, Blockchain : Trusting distributed ledgers and Regulating virtual currencies and Blockchain: A balancing act.
What will be discussed?
Three roundtables including presentations from industry experts and open discussion moderated by EDCAB Founder, Siân Jones, will focus on:
● Virtual currencies: The future of money – setting out how Europe’s economy might benefit from public and private alternatives to government issued currency, hosted by Syed Kamall MEP. Presentations from: Harvard Law School, the Sorbonne, Blockchain & UK Treasury.
● Blockchain: Trusting distributed ledgers – looking at how Blockchain and use cases can improve trade, economic prosperity, governance and the lives of citizens, hosted by Eva Kaili MEP. Presentations from: Nasdaq, Guardtime, Epiphyte & Europol.
● Regulating virtual currencies and Blockchain: A balancing act – exploring effective and proportionate legislation to ensure adequate safeguards while encouraging innovation, hosted by Ashley Fox MEP. Presentations from: IMF, OECD, Bank for International Settlements & ESMA.
Download the full roundtable programme.
What is the purpose of the roundtables?
The roundtables form part of a series of activities organised by EDCAB to educate and engage with EU policymakers to shape a sound regulatory and policy agenda for virtual currencies and distributed ledger technology in the European Union.
The objective of the sessions is to facilitate a safe place to exchange views and ensure that policy decisions are taken in full knowledge of the virtual currency and Blockchain industry business perspective.
Who is participating?
Roundtables aim to bring together a broad spectrum of industry ranging from traditional financial service players to newly emerging fintech companies with policymakers across all EU institutions, banking authority representatives and academia. Confirmed participants include Bank of International Settlements, Bank of England, Barclays, Blockchain, Circle Internet Financial, ESMA, Europol, French Banking Federation, Harvard, IMF, Microsoft, Nasdaq, OECD, Unicredit, and the World Bank.
Download the full participant list.
After the roundtables, EDCAB will produce reports to summarise discussions, areas of further collaboration and next steps.
#EUBlockchainExpo – Live coverage
EDCAB will be providing live coverage of the expo and roundtables. Check here for all the latest coverage, as it happens.
Monday 19 April - Thursday 21 April 2016
Follow all EDCAB coverage of the expo and roundtables on Twitter: @EDCAB_EU
- A2B Direct to Launch a Blockchain Platform and Hold an ICO - June 24, 2017
- The ‘under the radar’ ICO, Populous. A platform tackling the Multi-Trillion Dollar international billings industry. - June 23, 2017
- Blockchain Startup TrueFlip Reinvents Business with 600 Year Long History of Fails - June 23, 2017
- EXMO exchange lists WAVES Blockchain Project - June 23, 2017
- Blockchain Startup DECENT Launch Date Announced - June 23, 2017
- Adex, A Decentralized Ad Network, Taps WINGS Platform For Community Engagement, Token Sale Value Discovery And Social Promotion - June 23, 2017
- Comcast’s Advanced Advertising Group And Participants Announce Blockchain-based Technology Platform - June 22, 2017
- Online Platform for Gamers to Release a Cryptocurrency for In-game Skins Trading; Launches an ICO - June 22, 2017
- Colu Launches Digital “Local Pound, East London” Currency to Empower Local Economies - June 21, 2017
- bitJob.io is Building a Student Employment Program on the Ethereum Blockchain – Launching ICO - June 21, 2017
- Blockchain Project Waves launches landmark USD gateway - June 21, 2017
- Status.im Raises $270m in Three Hours – Shattering Token Raise Record - June 21, 2017
- World’s First Mobile Data Exchange DENT Seeks to Disrupt Telco Market with Blockchain - June 20, 2017
- Financial Inclusion Company Everex Takes Home RemTECH Award For Ethereum Apps - June 18, 2017
- SONM Raises $42 Million in Token Raise - June 18, 2017
- WISeKey partners with the Blockchain Interface company RIDDLE&CODE to develop innovative solutions for securing IoT via Blockchain technology and crypto-hardware - June 17, 2017
- Bancor Announces $153 Million Raise, Largest Token Generation Event in History - June 17, 2017
- CORION Announces Final Coin Sale Details to Build its Revolutionary Platform & Stable-Rate Currency - June 17, 2017
- Enhancing the value of history with ZenDao – ICO announcement - June 16, 2017
- FunFair Announces Token Creation Event on June 22 for World’s Fastest Blockchain Casino Platform - June 15, 2017
- Blockchain Technology Venture Nimiq Announces Token Sale - June 14, 2017
- Outlier Ventures Makes Multi-Million Dollar Investment in Distributed IoT Marketplace ‘IOTA’ Through Major Token Purchase - June 14, 2017
- Bancor Token Allocation Event Smashes Record – Raises over $150 Million - June 13, 2017
- Consensys Introduces Omega One - June 12, 2017
- MetaX and DMA Join Forces to Launch adChain: a Blockchain Solution to Digital Advertising Fraud - June 12, 2017
- Aeternity Raises $24 million Over Phase Two of Token Sale - June 12, 2017
- HyperChain Capital announces Collaboration and Investment in CoinDash - June 12, 2017
- Community-Driven Cryptocurrency Credits Announces First Public Release - June 12, 2017
- Bancor Protocol Foundation Announces New Partners Before Upcoming Token Allocation Event - June 12, 2017
- Investors from Russia are launching a venture fund formed on blockchain - June 12, 2017
- Bancor Adds Heavyweight Advisory Team to their Foundation – Token Allocation Event Kicks off Today - June 12, 2017
- Bancor Protocol Foundation Adds Author and Euro Designer Bernard Lietaer as Chief Monetary Architect - June 10, 2017
- Russian Billionaire Announces Business Incubator on Waves Platform - June 9, 2017
- Bancor Launches Crowdfunding Valuation And Promotion Via Wings Dao On Ethereum - June 9, 2017
- Coinsilium invests in Indorse.io Decentralised Professional Network - June 8, 2017
- Cofound.it Breaks Pre-Sale Record, Selling Out With Priority Pass Before Public Token Sale - June 7, 2017
- Cofound.it Token Pre-Sale Reaches $5 Million Threshold Within Three Hours, Announces First Three Projects - June 5, 2017
- Blockchain Startup DECENT Testnet #2 Launched! - June 4, 2017
- Blockchain Challenge Dubai Announces Winners- Awarded $45,000 - June 4, 2017
- Waves Ceo Sasha Ivanov: Blockchain Will Lead To Rapid Progress Not Only In State Administration, But Also In Business - June 4, 2017
- Exscudo ICO Successfully Concluded – $5M Dollars Raised - June 1, 2017
- Aventus launches Ethereum-based Event Ticketing Solution - June 1, 2017
- Brave Token Sale Blasts Records With $35 Million in 30 Seconds - June 1, 2017
- Japanese Blockchain Startup releases VALU – Social Media Value That Can Be Traded - May 31, 2017
- MetaX and ConsenSys Announce adToken Sale June 26, 2017 - May 31, 2017
- Blockchain Indy Production Start Up to make a TV Series about the Bitcoin Revolution. Fans invest to help tell the story! - May 31, 2017
- Chat Platform Kik to Integrate Kin Token as First Mainstream Adoption of Cryptocurrency - May 31, 2017
- VPN Blockchain Startup Mysterium Network Raises 68,629 ETH ($14,358,975 USD) in under 45 minutes - May 30, 2017
- XinFin Introduces Blockchain-based Institutional Financing Marketplace Alongside Pre-ICO Token Sale - May 30, 2017
- European Energy Companies to Test Peer-to-Peer Trading Over The Blockchain - May 30, 2017