Hosted by Syed Kamall MEP and in conjunction with The Cobden Centre, European Digital Currency & Blockchain Technology Forum (EDCAB) is co-organising a flagship event on Virtual Currencies and Blockchain Technology in the European Parliament. The event, Virtual Currencies and Blockchain Technology: Europe’s Future will consist of an exhibition in the European Parliament which will culminate in a series of exclusive roundtables for industry and policymakers.
The Exhibition, which will be held in the central hub area of the European Parliament, includes informative displays that focus on virtual currencies and Blockchain, the benefits for citizens, the broader economic and societal potential and common myths. The Exhibition will run from Monday 18th April to Thursday 21st April and is targeted at MEPs and their staff as well as other EU institutions, authorities and agencies.
About the Roundtables
Three roundtables, moderated by EDCAB Founder, Siân Jones, will run alongside the Exhibition focusing on Virtual Currencies: The future of money, Blockchain : Trusting distributed ledgers and Regulating virtual currencies and Blockchain: A balancing act.
What will be discussed?
Three roundtables including presentations from industry experts and open discussion moderated by EDCAB Founder, Siân Jones, will focus on:
● Virtual currencies: The future of money – setting out how Europe’s economy might benefit from public and private alternatives to government issued currency, hosted by Syed Kamall MEP. Presentations from: Harvard Law School, the Sorbonne, Blockchain & UK Treasury.
● Blockchain: Trusting distributed ledgers – looking at how Blockchain and use cases can improve trade, economic prosperity, governance and the lives of citizens, hosted by Eva Kaili MEP. Presentations from: Nasdaq, Guardtime, Epiphyte & Europol.
● Regulating virtual currencies and Blockchain: A balancing act – exploring effective and proportionate legislation to ensure adequate safeguards while encouraging innovation, hosted by Ashley Fox MEP. Presentations from: IMF, OECD, Bank for International Settlements & ESMA.
Download the full roundtable programme.
What is the purpose of the roundtables?
The roundtables form part of a series of activities organised by EDCAB to educate and engage with EU policymakers to shape a sound regulatory and policy agenda for virtual currencies and distributed ledger technology in the European Union.
The objective of the sessions is to facilitate a safe place to exchange views and ensure that policy decisions are taken in full knowledge of the virtual currency and Blockchain industry business perspective.
Who is participating?
Roundtables aim to bring together a broad spectrum of industry ranging from traditional financial service players to newly emerging fintech companies with policymakers across all EU institutions, banking authority representatives and academia. Confirmed participants include Bank of International Settlements, Bank of England, Barclays, Blockchain, Circle Internet Financial, ESMA, Europol, French Banking Federation, Harvard, IMF, Microsoft, Nasdaq, OECD, Unicredit, and the World Bank.
Download the full participant list.
After the roundtables, EDCAB will produce reports to summarise discussions, areas of further collaboration and next steps.
#EUBlockchainExpo – Live coverage
EDCAB will be providing live coverage of the expo and roundtables. Check here for all the latest coverage, as it happens.
Monday 19 April - Thursday 21 April 2016
Follow all EDCAB coverage of the expo and roundtables on Twitter: @EDCAB_EU
- Blockchain App Humaniq’s HMQ Token to be Traded on Six Exchanges - April 24, 2017
- Five days left until Blockchain Startup Exscudo ICO - April 21, 2017
- Apptrade to Reward Crowdsale Participants with Three Percent Bonus - April 21, 2017
- Blockchain Technology Startup Humaniq Raises $3.8M and Signs Contract With Deloitte - April 21, 2017
- Monolith Studio Announces Crowdsale for TokenCard, the First Debit Card Powered by Smart Contracts - April 20, 2017
- Blockchain Co. SingularDTV Recruits Hollywood VP - April 18, 2017
- Factom Closes Extended Series A Round of $8 Million Following Harmony Product Launch - April 18, 2017
- Interview with Back to Earth founder Clay Space - April 18, 2017
- Ethereum Movie Initial Coin Offering Sell Out - April 18, 2017
- Insurtech Startup Etherisc Wins “Blockchain Oscar” for Innovative Insurance Platform - April 14, 2017
- India’s Blockchain Community Launches Digital Asset and Blockchain Foundation - April 14, 2017
- UK EPSRC Supports Seven Blockchain Projects with £3.6 Million - April 14, 2017
- Dutch National Blockchain Coalition Presents Action Agenda - April 14, 2017
- Broadridge, J.P. Morgan, Northern Trust and Banco Santander Successfully Complete Pilot of for Blockchain Voting - April 14, 2017
- Blockgeeks Labs to Hold Blockchain Hackathon in Toronto - April 14, 2017
- Exscudo network EON coins are available for pre-order - April 13, 2017
- One of Big Four accounting firms is now legal adviser of Exscudo - April 12, 2017
- Dash Cryptocurrency Signs on with Kraken - April 12, 2017
- Blockchain Capital Closes ICO – $10 Million in Six Hours Raised in Record Time - April 11, 2017
- Ethereum meets Hyperledger – Burrow Ethereum Smart Contract Machine to Join Hyperledger - April 11, 2017
- Porsche Announces First Blockchain Contest - April 10, 2017
- Fidelity Labs Joins IC3 Blockchain Group - April 10, 2017
- Global Graphchain Project FERMAT Announces Distributed Governance Model Featuring Contribution Contracts - April 10, 2017
- Coinsilium and Oraclize sign MoU to form Strategic Alliance - April 10, 2017
- Industry Thought Leaders Invest With Blockchain Capital in its Ground-Breaking ICO - April 8, 2017
- Novus To Launch Innovative Blockchain Advanced File Index System - April 5, 2017
- Lykke Announces OEM Services – Lykke Accelerator - April 5, 2017
- BitHub.Africa Announces ICO Campaign to Foster Region’s Cryptocurrency Ecosystem - April 5, 2017
- SibCoin: Siberia Down, China to Go - April 4, 2017
- Groundbreaking Blockchain Research to Feature at International Financial Cryptography Conference - April 4, 2017
- Exscudo, The Nextgen Financial System, Announces ICO - April 4, 2017
- A Film by Manuel Stagars – The Blockchain And Us Video Documentary – Released in Full - April 4, 2017
- Genpact Harnesses Blockchain Technology to Transform F&A Operations to Improve Cash Flow and Enhance Customer Experience - April 4, 2017
- Blockchain Startup TaaS Partners With Exchange Platforms - April 4, 2017
- Synereo announces Qrator – The First Attention Economy App - April 4, 2017
- Blockchain Capital Releases Offering Memorandum for Its $10 Million Digital Token Offering - April 4, 2017
- Lykke Announces Availability of Blockchain Startup ChronoBank TIME Token - April 3, 2017
- Blockchain Workspace Launches Blockchain Education Company in Amsterdam, Netherlands - April 3, 2017
- Blockchain Startup SingularDTV Goes Hollywood - April 1, 2017
- Ledger Raises $7m To Accelerate Worldwide Adoption Of Security Solutions For Blockchain And Cryptocurrency Applications - March 31, 2017
- Slock.it secures $2 million seed funding to build Sharing Economy Platform - March 31, 2017
- Open Source Blockchain Project MultiChain Adds Fourteen New Partners and Enters Beta - March 30, 2017
- Tokenization in the Age of Blockchain - March 30, 2017
- European Commission Proposes Blockchain Pilot to Examine Regulatory Issues - March 30, 2017
- BitPesa has Partnered with Bitcoin Company Bitbond to Improve Access to Financing for SMEs in Africa. - March 30, 2017
- Switzerland’s SIX Securities Services Develops Blockchain-Based Bond Issuing Solution - March 30, 2017
- Beijing Officials Demand Chinese Blockchain Standards - March 30, 2017
- Spanish Bank BBVA joins Hyperledger Project - March 30, 2017
- Alibaba to Tackle Counterfeit Food in China With Blockchain - March 30, 2017
- Cosmos Announces Upcoming Token Sale to Build Internet of Blockchains - March 29, 2017