Fermat, a decentralized and Blockchain-enabled modular app platform two years in the making, today announced the publication of a landmark white paper describing an extraordinarily ambitious project intended to revolutionize peer-to-peer economy and mobile software development.
After 2 years in stealth, 60+ full time contributors now collaborating to develop global open source platform that will launch the “Internet of People”.
The app framework, which incentivizes collaborative, component-based design and shared ownership tracked and paid over the Blockchain, is now in alpha testing and has already received critical acclaim from industry heavyweights. In a recently released White Paper, the Fermat organization outlines its vision of a mobile platform that will enable users to connect with each other, without the need for a third party intermediary (company or centralized marketplace) providing “matching” services. Fermat users will be able to chat, get a taxi, rent apartments, find a date, publish and search classifieds, find a job, hire or provide freelance services, get digital coupons, vouchers, and discounts, pay with fiat or cryptocurrency, and much more.
In addition, Fermat is cryptocurrency-enabled to allow for the global exchange of value. Peer-to-peer by design, Fermat features built-in privacy controls for all transaction types. The result is a peer-to-peer platform that eliminates intermediaries and enables ownership and monetization of digital content and personal information.
The Fermat vision calls for the development of a large library of sharing economy mobile applications through this platform. To achieve this goal, Fermat proposes a new software development model that allows for collaboration and increased efficiency. It introduces the concept of component ownership on large, open source projects, incentivizing creators with a stream of recurring micropayments paid by end users and enforced by the system itself. These reusable software components can be combined and recombined across an ever-expanding library of highly customizable commercial applications, always preserving the component property rights and the revenues of their owners.
Started in 2014, the Fermat project has already drawn specialized contributors from all corners of the globe, including academic PhDs, cryptographic experts, bitcoin entrepreneurs, teams of developers and business world luminaries from Australia to the United States and from Europe to South America. The most popular Sharing Economy apps are being ported into Fermat in a p2p format. Fermat p2p apps will finally provide consumers with a choice to either use existing services with now-traditional business models or to take advantage of Fermat’s more efficient “middleman-free” matching engines which could dramatically shave costs.
By its design, Fermat will become a catalyst in the evolution of the current “sharing economy” to a more robust “p2p economy” across multiple industries. Fermat consists of a p2p network, framework and an ecosystem of apps, all built with Java programming language to enable multi-OS compatibility. Fermat is designed to be Blockchainenabled and fully censorship-resistant, ensuring that each individual user is in direct control of their own personal digital footprint. Fermat’s network consists of specialized nodes that enable devices to communicate with each other to securely and autonomously exchange information, while Fermat’s framework sits on top of a device’s OS like an extension that supports the ecosystem of Fermat apps. This ecosystem is formed, like a complex organism from a network of cells, from a vast set of interconnected, reusable atomic components, with several of them being the user interface (a Fermat app).
Fermat has developed an application token system to incentivize the development of infrastructure and applications. Tokens called fermats will incentivize node operators to provide hardware and bandwidth and to compensate developers for writing code and crafting components. The Fermat system is designed to outsource the handling of token transactions to the secure and distributed Bitcoin network.
While the Fermat Blockchain will record the transactions of newly issued tokens, value transfers from user to user will be handled directly by the Bitcoin network. CEO and Founder of Fermat, Luis Fernando Molina, said that he envisions a future where people are more important than legal entities like corporations.
“At its very core, Fermat is about freedom. The whole design orbits around the concept of users determining the level of privacy they prefer; whether they choose to have intermediaries or not; which currency they prefer to use and so on. Fermat was designed to empower an ‘Internet of People’ in contrast to a ‘Web of Companies’ and to advance the P2P era and economy.”
“The most challenging aspect was to architect a system to deliver that future in the least amount of time possible. With that in mind a system of massive collaboration emerged when we introduced the concept of component ownership and a monthly stream of micro-payments for their owners,” Molina added.
Philip Farah, Member of Fermat’s Board of Directors and former Global Head of Financial Services Consulting at Cisco Systems, said that Fermat will take the peer-to-peer economy to the next level.
“Beyond the obvious advantages to the developer community, Fermat will deliver significant benefits to end users and businesses. For end users, it will lower transaction costs for both buyers and sellers and give back user control over one’s personal information and digital content. For businesses, it will provide access to low cost digital marketing and distribution channels and a platform to deliver value-added services such as market research and insurance,” said Farah.
For more information on Fermat, visit www.Fermat.org.
- Token.FM, First Blockchain-Based Direct-to-Fan Music Platform, to Launch Initial Trial in May, Opens Series A Round - April 28, 2017
- Mysterium To Build Blockchain-based VPN for Secure, Anonymous Internet Connection - April 28, 2017
- TaaS token crowdsale concludes with $7.7 million raised - April 28, 2017
- Humaniq Humanitarian Blockchain ICO breaks the $5 million barrier - April 28, 2017
- Exscudo, Blockchain Financial Services Provider Launches ICO - April 27, 2017
- Kibo Platforms’ Beta Version Be Launched in the Beginning of May - April 25, 2017
- Distributed Cloud Platform iEx.ec attracts $12M in Three Hours in ICO - April 25, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Working Group – Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) – The Way Forward - April 25, 2017
- Blockchain App Humaniq’s HMQ Token to be Traded on Six Exchanges - April 24, 2017
- Five days left until Blockchain Startup Exscudo ICO - April 21, 2017
- Apptrade to Reward Crowdsale Participants with Three Percent Bonus - April 21, 2017
- Blockchain Technology Startup Humaniq Raises $3.8M and Signs Contract With Deloitte - April 21, 2017
- Monolith Studio Announces Crowdsale for TokenCard, the First Debit Card Powered by Smart Contracts - April 20, 2017
- Blockchain Co. SingularDTV Recruits Hollywood VP - April 18, 2017
- Factom Closes Extended Series A Round of $8 Million Following Harmony Product Launch - April 18, 2017
- Interview with Back to Earth founder Clay Space - April 18, 2017
- Ethereum Movie Initial Coin Offering Sell Out - April 18, 2017
- Insurtech Startup Etherisc Wins “Blockchain Oscar” for Innovative Insurance Platform - April 14, 2017
- India’s Blockchain Community Launches Digital Asset and Blockchain Foundation - April 14, 2017
- UK EPSRC Supports Seven Blockchain Projects with £3.6 Million - April 14, 2017
- Dutch National Blockchain Coalition Presents Action Agenda - April 14, 2017
- Broadridge, J.P. Morgan, Northern Trust and Banco Santander Successfully Complete Pilot of for Blockchain Voting - April 14, 2017
- Blockgeeks Labs to Hold Blockchain Hackathon in Toronto - April 14, 2017
- Exscudo network EON coins are available for pre-order - April 13, 2017
- One of Big Four accounting firms is now legal adviser of Exscudo - April 12, 2017
- Dash Cryptocurrency Signs on with Kraken - April 12, 2017
- Blockchain Capital Closes ICO – $10 Million in Six Hours Raised in Record Time - April 11, 2017
- Ethereum meets Hyperledger – Burrow Ethereum Smart Contract Machine to Join Hyperledger - April 11, 2017
- Porsche Announces First Blockchain Contest - April 10, 2017
- Fidelity Labs Joins IC3 Blockchain Group - April 10, 2017
- Global Graphchain Project FERMAT Announces Distributed Governance Model Featuring Contribution Contracts - April 10, 2017
- Coinsilium and Oraclize sign MoU to form Strategic Alliance - April 10, 2017
- Industry Thought Leaders Invest With Blockchain Capital in its Ground-Breaking ICO - April 8, 2017
- Novus To Launch Innovative Blockchain Advanced File Index System - April 5, 2017
- Lykke Announces OEM Services – Lykke Accelerator - April 5, 2017
- BitHub.Africa Announces ICO Campaign to Foster Region’s Cryptocurrency Ecosystem - April 5, 2017
- SibCoin: Siberia Down, China to Go - April 4, 2017
- Groundbreaking Blockchain Research to Feature at International Financial Cryptography Conference - April 4, 2017
- Exscudo, The Nextgen Financial System, Announces ICO - April 4, 2017
- A Film by Manuel Stagars – The Blockchain And Us Video Documentary – Released in Full - April 4, 2017
- Genpact Harnesses Blockchain Technology to Transform F&A Operations to Improve Cash Flow and Enhance Customer Experience - April 4, 2017
- Blockchain Startup TaaS Partners With Exchange Platforms - April 4, 2017
- Synereo announces Qrator – The First Attention Economy App - April 4, 2017
- Blockchain Capital Releases Offering Memorandum for Its $10 Million Digital Token Offering - April 4, 2017
- Lykke Announces Availability of Blockchain Startup ChronoBank TIME Token - April 3, 2017
- Blockchain Workspace Launches Blockchain Education Company in Amsterdam, Netherlands - April 3, 2017
- Blockchain Startup SingularDTV Goes Hollywood - April 1, 2017
- Ledger Raises $7m To Accelerate Worldwide Adoption Of Security Solutions For Blockchain And Cryptocurrency Applications - March 31, 2017
- Slock.it secures $2 million seed funding to build Sharing Economy Platform - March 31, 2017
- Open Source Blockchain Project MultiChain Adds Fourteen New Partners and Enters Beta - March 30, 2017