Fermat, a decentralized and Blockchain-enabled modular app platform two years in the making, today announced the publication of a landmark white paper describing an extraordinarily ambitious project intended to revolutionize peer-to-peer economy and mobile software development.
After 2 years in stealth, 60+ full time contributors now collaborating to develop global open source platform that will launch the “Internet of People”.
The app framework, which incentivizes collaborative, component-based design and shared ownership tracked and paid over the Blockchain, is now in alpha testing and has already received critical acclaim from industry heavyweights. In a recently released White Paper, the Fermat organization outlines its vision of a mobile platform that will enable users to connect with each other, without the need for a third party intermediary (company or centralized marketplace) providing “matching” services. Fermat users will be able to chat, get a taxi, rent apartments, find a date, publish and search classifieds, find a job, hire or provide freelance services, get digital coupons, vouchers, and discounts, pay with fiat or cryptocurrency, and much more.
In addition, Fermat is cryptocurrency-enabled to allow for the global exchange of value. Peer-to-peer by design, Fermat features built-in privacy controls for all transaction types. The result is a peer-to-peer platform that eliminates intermediaries and enables ownership and monetization of digital content and personal information.
The Fermat vision calls for the development of a large library of sharing economy mobile applications through this platform. To achieve this goal, Fermat proposes a new software development model that allows for collaboration and increased efficiency. It introduces the concept of component ownership on large, open source projects, incentivizing creators with a stream of recurring micropayments paid by end users and enforced by the system itself. These reusable software components can be combined and recombined across an ever-expanding library of highly customizable commercial applications, always preserving the component property rights and the revenues of their owners.
Started in 2014, the Fermat project has already drawn specialized contributors from all corners of the globe, including academic PhDs, cryptographic experts, bitcoin entrepreneurs, teams of developers and business world luminaries from Australia to the United States and from Europe to South America. The most popular Sharing Economy apps are being ported into Fermat in a p2p format. Fermat p2p apps will finally provide consumers with a choice to either use existing services with now-traditional business models or to take advantage of Fermat’s more efficient “middleman-free” matching engines which could dramatically shave costs.
By its design, Fermat will become a catalyst in the evolution of the current “sharing economy” to a more robust “p2p economy” across multiple industries. Fermat consists of a p2p network, framework and an ecosystem of apps, all built with Java programming language to enable multi-OS compatibility. Fermat is designed to be Blockchainenabled and fully censorship-resistant, ensuring that each individual user is in direct control of their own personal digital footprint. Fermat’s network consists of specialized nodes that enable devices to communicate with each other to securely and autonomously exchange information, while Fermat’s framework sits on top of a device’s OS like an extension that supports the ecosystem of Fermat apps. This ecosystem is formed, like a complex organism from a network of cells, from a vast set of interconnected, reusable atomic components, with several of them being the user interface (a Fermat app).
Fermat has developed an application token system to incentivize the development of infrastructure and applications. Tokens called fermats will incentivize node operators to provide hardware and bandwidth and to compensate developers for writing code and crafting components. The Fermat system is designed to outsource the handling of token transactions to the secure and distributed Bitcoin network.
While the Fermat Blockchain will record the transactions of newly issued tokens, value transfers from user to user will be handled directly by the Bitcoin network. CEO and Founder of Fermat, Luis Fernando Molina, said that he envisions a future where people are more important than legal entities like corporations.
“At its very core, Fermat is about freedom. The whole design orbits around the concept of users determining the level of privacy they prefer; whether they choose to have intermediaries or not; which currency they prefer to use and so on. Fermat was designed to empower an ‘Internet of People’ in contrast to a ‘Web of Companies’ and to advance the P2P era and economy.”
“The most challenging aspect was to architect a system to deliver that future in the least amount of time possible. With that in mind a system of massive collaboration emerged when we introduced the concept of component ownership and a monthly stream of micro-payments for their owners,” Molina added.
Philip Farah, Member of Fermat’s Board of Directors and former Global Head of Financial Services Consulting at Cisco Systems, said that Fermat will take the peer-to-peer economy to the next level.
“Beyond the obvious advantages to the developer community, Fermat will deliver significant benefits to end users and businesses. For end users, it will lower transaction costs for both buyers and sellers and give back user control over one’s personal information and digital content. For businesses, it will provide access to low cost digital marketing and distribution channels and a platform to deliver value-added services such as market research and insurance,” said Farah.
For more information on Fermat, visit www.Fermat.org.
- Ex Ethereum, Stripe & Apple Trio Raising $1 million – Skipping ICO – to Crowdfund Blockchain Wallet for Banks - August 21, 2017
- Cindicator Brings AI and Collective Intelligence to Drive 47% Investment Yield Per Annum - August 21, 2017
- Cryptopay Plans ICO Based on Users Request - August 21, 2017
- Kybernetwork To Close Their ICO Whitelist Early Due To Massive Early Registration - August 20, 2017
- VR Startup DECENTRALAND Closes Token Launch with $25 Million Raise in 10 Seconds - August 19, 2017
- Napoleonx Plans DAFs (Decentralized Autonomous Funds) To Bridge The Gap Between Crypto And Real Assets Active Investing, Unboxing The Crypto World - August 19, 2017
- Lampix Image Mining for Augmented Reality - August 19, 2017
- BlockMason Announces First SEC-Compliant Public American ICO - August 18, 2017
- Tightened EU Regulations Enabling Blockchain Technology in Pharmaceutical Supply Chain - August 18, 2017
- Mark Cuban Portfolio Company Unikrn Seeks to Sell $100 Million in UnikoinGold tokens - August 18, 2017
- Dash To Host Its First Ever Global Conference - August 17, 2017
- LAToken Tokenized Apple Shares to Sell Them for Cryptocurrencies - August 17, 2017
- Sensay, Groundbreaking AI and Chatbot Company Launches Token Sale - August 17, 2017
- ICOBox Token Presale Attracts $8.3 Million - August 17, 2017
- Indorse, the Decentralized Professional Social Network, Receives Additional Backing From Coinsilium After $5.5 million Pre-Sale - August 16, 2017
- Decentraland Partners With imToken, Connext, and Bitcoin Suisse - August 16, 2017
- Ethereum-based Car Towing Aggregator CarTaxi Plans ICO - August 16, 2017
- Ukraine Government to Allow Foreign Investors to Purchase Real Estate Online with Propy - August 16, 2017
- Cofound.it to Launch Weekly Crowdsales through September - August 15, 2017
- Blockstream Satellite: Broadcasting Bitcoin from Space - August 15, 2017
- Dr. Christian Seberino – Houston Texas Blockchain Course Kicks Off Friday August 18, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Skycoin – Skywire Miner: Hardware for the Next Internet - August 12, 2017
- NSD and Waves kickstart development of Crypto Assets platform - August 12, 2017
- ICONOMI Introduces Columbus Capital As Its First Asset Management Partner - August 12, 2017
- Siberians to Launch ICO for Decentralized Betting eSports Platform - August 12, 2017
- Decentralized News Network Releases Alpha Update - August 12, 2017
- Gibraltar’s Fintech Sector Moves Forward – Awards Xapo E-money license - August 11, 2017
- AMBROSUS Partners with TREK THERAPEUTICS to Develop a Blockchain-powered Method to Track Quality in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing - August 11, 2017
- Outlier Ventures Becomes First VC To Hire ‘Head of Crypto-Economics’ With Appointment of Eden Dhaliwal - August 11, 2017
- Rivetz Raises $5.5 Million in RvT Token Pre-Sale; Public Token Crowdsale Begins Today, Capped at 200,000 ETH - August 10, 2017
- Leading Japanese VCs, Nippon Technology Venture Partners, FISCO Capitals, and ABBALab Inc all to invest in COMSA ICO tokens and XEM - August 10, 2017
- Binded Launches One Click U.S. Copyright Registrations - August 10, 2017
- Illinois Opens Blockchain Development Partnership with Hashed Health - August 9, 2017
- Jaxx and Cofound.it Partner to Give Best New Cryptocurrencies Immediate Liquidity - August 9, 2017
- GoldMint Project Plans to Provide 100 per cent Gold-Backed Stable Assets - August 9, 2017
- Launching a Blockchain Solution to Make Aviation Safer – Aeron.aero - August 9, 2017
- Blackmoon Financial Group Launches Blockchain-Based Platform for Tokenized Investment Funds - August 9, 2017
- SONM Launches Updated Platform With Discovery Algorithm - August 9, 2017
- AirFox Announces ICO to Make Mobile Data More Accessible and Affordable - August 8, 2017
- Golden Fleece Project To Expand Massive Altcoin Mining Ecosystem With Token Sale - August 8, 2017
- Notorious Lobbyist Jack Abramoff to Coach Bitcoin Activists in New Washington, DC-based Reality Docu-series from Blockchain Entertainment and Ignition Creative - August 8, 2017
- ATMChain’s Project In China With 7,000 Intelligent Media Screens ‘Goes Blockchain’ Through DECENT - August 8, 2017
- NEM.io Foundation Partners with Blockchain Global to Expand International Reach - August 8, 2017
- CFTE working with MAS to help ASEAN finance professionals acquire the skills of Finance 2.0 - August 8, 2017
- Rivetz International Partners with LAToken to Boost Marketplace Security on Mobile Devices - August 8, 2017
- investFeed Finishes Successful Token Generation Event - August 8, 2017
- Zen Protocol Unveils Testnet To Decentralize Finance - August 8, 2017
- Blockchain Startup JAAK Announce Official Pilot With Viacom UK - August 7, 2017
- RefToken Releases Blockchain Affiliate Platform Prototype – Announces Token Generation Event - August 5, 2017
- Dash Employs Elite Cybersecurity Service Bugcrowd to ‘Hack’ Its Blockchain - August 5, 2017