CHAIN-FINANCE, a provider of news, research & events on Blockchain technologies for global financial services, today announced that its next “Blockchain in Finance” seminar will assess how Blockchain technology might impact the global insurance industry.
Sponsored by Clyde & Co, the seminar is being held in London on May 18, 2016 at the Rainmaking Loft.
Confirmed speakers include Nigel Brook & Lee Bacon – Clyde & Co, George Hallam – Ethereum Foundation, Gary Nuttall – Distlytics, Paul Ferris – ObjectChain, Thomas Bertani – Oraclize, Michael Mainelli – Z/Yen, as well as representatives of Everledger and SafeShare Global Limited.
Clyde & Co is the world’s largest insurance law firm, with a market-leading global cyber coverage and breach response team. Partners Nigel Brook, a member of the London cyber team, and Lee Bacon, an insurance specialist in the International Arbitration team, will discuss the potential for Blockchain and associated developments to impact traditional distribution channels and resolve longstanding inefficiencies and uncertainties in the contractual chain.
Lee and Nigel note that whilst the international insurance markets have been quick to use their traditional structures and models to respond to cyber challenges and losses, the industry is only now seeking to come to terms with the disruptive and revolutionary potential of distributed ledgers to impact how it does business.
The other speakers at this CHAIN-FINANCE event will assess key areas where Blockchain tech could offer benefits for the insurance industry:
Transparency – Blockchain tech first enhances the transparency of insurable goods. If you add a diamond to a Blockchain and track its history then it should be easier to insure and the premiums more accurate.
More Information, More Accuracy, Better Data Security – Blockchain tech offers a method for sharing information with insurers but in a way that is secure. More information that is relevant, validated and actual will offer insurers a better way to “create more accurate products, prices and premiums”.
Real-Time Insurance Contracts – By using smart contracts on the Blockchain, we should be able to devise the first ‘real-time’ insurance product. Using a Blockchain, an insurance product can self-adjust its premium as circumstances or owners change and can automate payouts based on Blockchain verified facts rather than a claims process.
Enabling the Sharing Economy – Another area for Blockchain utility is insuretech. Startups, like Lemonade, Friendsurance and SafeShare are bringing peer-to-peer insurance to market. Blockchain is peer-to-peer by design – so how might that technology enable insuretech businesses?
Attendees will be able to take away valuable insights from an event incorporating speakers and content that address the key issues and innovations for Blockchain tech in the insurance industry.
Online registrations for this event are welcome at http://Blockchain-finance.com/
- Factom Launches Revolutionary Blockchain Suite of Mortgage Products - March 24, 2017
- Qtum Shatters ICO Records Raising $15.6 Million - March 24, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Sphre Announces ICO (Crowdsale) for Digital Identity Platform Called Air - March 22, 2017
- Kestrel sign ups to MTI’s blockchain driven solutions to deliver global growth - March 22, 2017
- The G20 Countries Should Investigate Blockchain Technologies to Build an Inclusive, Transparent, and Accountable Digital Economy for All - March 21, 2017
- Particl, a Distributed Marketplace Rethinking Privacy’s Future – Announced Seed Round - March 21, 2017
- ZrCoin To Do Initial Coin Offering (ICO) to Crowdfunds Commodities Option - March 21, 2017
- Canada’s Scotiabank and AlphaPoint Announce Successful Blockchain Trial - March 21, 2017
- Canada’s SecureKey taps IBM to put identity on the Blockchain - March 21, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Humaniq Launches London Office - March 21, 2017
- QRL Recruits Testers for High Security Quantum-Resistant Blockchain - March 20, 2017
- Blockchain of Things, Inc. Releases Paw Advanced REST Client Integration - March 19, 2017
- ConsenSys Named Official Blockchain City Advisor for the City of Dubai - March 16, 2017
- Bloq Launches BloqLabs to Connect Enterprises with Open Source Blockchain Innovations - March 16, 2017
- Multi-Million Dollar Research Institute Launched to Explore Blockchain Use Cases, Opportunities and Challenges - March 16, 2017
- Chamber of Digital Commerce Forms the Blockchain Intellectual Property Council - March 16, 2017
- Orebits & Symbiont Deploy Blockchain Technology to Digitize Gold Ownership - March 16, 2017
- Blockchain Capital to Raise its Third Fund via a Digital Token Offering in The First Liquidity-enhanced Venture Capital Fund - March 16, 2017
- The Exscudo Channels App Is A New Mobile Wallet And Secure Messenger - March 14, 2017
- Dao.Casino – Decentralising the Gambling Economy - March 14, 2017
- Chain of Points Adds American Internet Entrepreneur Jeff Pulver to Board of Advisors - March 14, 2017
- Nasdaq Releases NYIAX – A Blockchain-Enabled, Cloud-Based Media Trading Platform - March 14, 2017
- Lunyr Announces Crowdsale for the First Decentralized World Knowledge Base on Ethereum - March 14, 2017
- Coinsource, World’s largest bitcoin ATM network, Completes Historic Bulk Installation on US West Coast with 35 ATMs - March 14, 2017
- Bitwala Offers Bitcoin to M-Pesa Services in Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda, and Tanzania - March 12, 2017
- US SEC Regulators Reject Bitcoin ETF, Price Plunges, Recovers - March 11, 2017
- Google’s DeepMind plans Blockchain Health Record Tracking for Hospitals - March 10, 2017
- Coalition Forms to Address Digital Asset Taxation Uncertainty - March 10, 2017
- Livecoin, the Fourth Largest Altcoin Exchange Is Now Available in Eight Languages - March 9, 2017
- Australia Releases Blockchain Standards Roadmap - March 6, 2017
- Hyperledger Fabric Graduates with Honours – It’s Live! - March 4, 2017
- TaaS, the First Fully Transparent Closed End Fund Dedicated to Blockchain Assets, Adds International Banking and Marketing Experts as Advisors - March 2, 2017
- Kraken Acquires Cryptowatch and Launches New Trading Platform - March 1, 2017
- Switzerland’s Crypto Valley Association Founded To Build World’s Leading Blockchain and Cryptographic Ecosystem - March 1, 2017
- Massive Launch by Blockchain Industry for New Enterprise Ethereum Alliance - March 1, 2017
- Monax Joins Hyperledger Project, Brings Ethereum Technology - February 28, 2017
- Chain of Points Adds Internet Pioneer and iPayYou Founder Gene Kavner to Board of Advisors - February 27, 2017
- Chamber of Digital Commerce and Structured Finance Industry Group Partner to bring Blockchain to Securitization - February 27, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Bloq Acquires Blockchain Analytics Pioneer Skry - February 27, 2017
- Edgeless.io Launches its ICO to become the first fully transparent Casino, Offering 0% Edge - February 27, 2017
- Storj Labs Raises $3 Million in Seed Funding - February 26, 2017
- Northern Trust And IBM Pioneer Use Of Blockchain Technology To Help Transform Private Equity Administration - February 26, 2017
- 0x – An Open Protocol for Decentralized Exchange on the Ethereum Blockchain - February 26, 2017
- Global Blockchain Project FERMAT Announces Significant Alpha Release for the “Internet of People” - February 26, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Peerplays Raises $4m Before ICO Even Kicks Off - February 26, 2017
- Numerai Launches Cryptocurrency and New Hedge Fund Built By Data Scientist Network - February 26, 2017
- Disrupt the VC Industry? Brock Pierce and Blockchain Capital to Launch Own Cryptocurrency and ICO - February 26, 2017
- SoftBank, Sprint and TBCASoft Partner in Blockchain Technology for Telecom Carriers - February 25, 2017
- Lisk Introduces New Blockchain Technology Update - February 25, 2017
- Dash Partners with BlockPay to Enable Point of Sale Purchases at Brick and Mortar Stores - February 25, 2017