CHAIN-FINANCE, a provider of news, research & events on Blockchain technologies for global financial services, today announced that its next “Blockchain in Finance” seminar will assess how Blockchain technology might impact the global insurance industry.
Sponsored by Clyde & Co, the seminar is being held in London on May 18, 2016 at the Rainmaking Loft.
Confirmed speakers include Nigel Brook & Lee Bacon – Clyde & Co, George Hallam – Ethereum Foundation, Gary Nuttall – Distlytics, Paul Ferris – ObjectChain, Thomas Bertani – Oraclize, Michael Mainelli – Z/Yen, as well as representatives of Everledger and SafeShare Global Limited.
Clyde & Co is the world’s largest insurance law firm, with a market-leading global cyber coverage and breach response team. Partners Nigel Brook, a member of the London cyber team, and Lee Bacon, an insurance specialist in the International Arbitration team, will discuss the potential for Blockchain and associated developments to impact traditional distribution channels and resolve longstanding inefficiencies and uncertainties in the contractual chain.
Lee and Nigel note that whilst the international insurance markets have been quick to use their traditional structures and models to respond to cyber challenges and losses, the industry is only now seeking to come to terms with the disruptive and revolutionary potential of distributed ledgers to impact how it does business.
The other speakers at this CHAIN-FINANCE event will assess key areas where Blockchain tech could offer benefits for the insurance industry:
Transparency – Blockchain tech first enhances the transparency of insurable goods. If you add a diamond to a Blockchain and track its history then it should be easier to insure and the premiums more accurate.
More Information, More Accuracy, Better Data Security – Blockchain tech offers a method for sharing information with insurers but in a way that is secure. More information that is relevant, validated and actual will offer insurers a better way to “create more accurate products, prices and premiums”.
Real-Time Insurance Contracts – By using smart contracts on the Blockchain, we should be able to devise the first ‘real-time’ insurance product. Using a Blockchain, an insurance product can self-adjust its premium as circumstances or owners change and can automate payouts based on Blockchain verified facts rather than a claims process.
Enabling the Sharing Economy – Another area for Blockchain utility is insuretech. Startups, like Lemonade, Friendsurance and SafeShare are bringing peer-to-peer insurance to market. Blockchain is peer-to-peer by design – so how might that technology enable insuretech businesses?
Attendees will be able to take away valuable insights from an event incorporating speakers and content that address the key issues and innovations for Blockchain tech in the insurance industry.
Online registrations for this event are welcome at http://Blockchain-finance.com/
- Trusted Identities in Blockchain Apps Shown to Work To Benefit Healthcare and Pharma - April 28, 2017
- Ten More Banks Join Ripple’s Global Payments Network - April 28, 2017
- Token.FM, First Blockchain-Based Direct-to-Fan Music Platform, to Launch Initial Trial in May, Opens Series A Round - April 28, 2017
- Mysterium To Build Blockchain-based VPN for Secure, Anonymous Internet Connection - April 28, 2017
- TaaS token crowdsale concludes with $7.7 million raised - April 28, 2017
- Humaniq Humanitarian Blockchain ICO breaks the $5 million barrier - April 28, 2017
- Exscudo, Blockchain Financial Services Provider Launches ICO - April 27, 2017
- Kibo Platforms’ Beta Version Be Launched in the Beginning of May - April 25, 2017
- Distributed Cloud Platform iEx.ec attracts $12M in Three Hours in ICO - April 25, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Working Group – Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) – The Way Forward - April 25, 2017
- Blockchain App Humaniq’s HMQ Token to be Traded on Six Exchanges - April 24, 2017
- Five days left until Blockchain Startup Exscudo ICO - April 21, 2017
- Apptrade to Reward Crowdsale Participants with Three Percent Bonus - April 21, 2017
- Blockchain Technology Startup Humaniq Raises $3.8M and Signs Contract With Deloitte - April 21, 2017
- Monolith Studio Announces Crowdsale for TokenCard, the First Debit Card Powered by Smart Contracts - April 20, 2017
- Blockchain Co. SingularDTV Recruits Hollywood VP - April 18, 2017
- Factom Closes Extended Series A Round of $8 Million Following Harmony Product Launch - April 18, 2017
- Interview with Back to Earth founder Clay Space - April 18, 2017
- Ethereum Movie Initial Coin Offering Sell Out - April 18, 2017
- Insurtech Startup Etherisc Wins “Blockchain Oscar” for Innovative Insurance Platform - April 14, 2017
- India’s Blockchain Community Launches Digital Asset and Blockchain Foundation - April 14, 2017
- UK EPSRC Supports Seven Blockchain Projects with £3.6 Million - April 14, 2017
- Dutch National Blockchain Coalition Presents Action Agenda - April 14, 2017
- Broadridge, J.P. Morgan, Northern Trust and Banco Santander Successfully Complete Pilot of for Blockchain Voting - April 14, 2017
- Blockgeeks Labs to Hold Blockchain Hackathon in Toronto - April 14, 2017
- Exscudo network EON coins are available for pre-order - April 13, 2017
- One of Big Four accounting firms is now legal adviser of Exscudo - April 12, 2017
- Dash Cryptocurrency Signs on with Kraken - April 12, 2017
- Blockchain Capital Closes ICO – $10 Million in Six Hours Raised in Record Time - April 11, 2017
- Ethereum meets Hyperledger – Burrow Ethereum Smart Contract Machine to Join Hyperledger - April 11, 2017
- Porsche Announces First Blockchain Contest - April 10, 2017
- Fidelity Labs Joins IC3 Blockchain Group - April 10, 2017
- Global Graphchain Project FERMAT Announces Distributed Governance Model Featuring Contribution Contracts - April 10, 2017
- Coinsilium and Oraclize sign MoU to form Strategic Alliance - April 10, 2017
- Industry Thought Leaders Invest With Blockchain Capital in its Ground-Breaking ICO - April 8, 2017
- Novus To Launch Innovative Blockchain Advanced File Index System - April 5, 2017
- Lykke Announces OEM Services – Lykke Accelerator - April 5, 2017
- BitHub.Africa Announces ICO Campaign to Foster Region’s Cryptocurrency Ecosystem - April 5, 2017
- SibCoin: Siberia Down, China to Go - April 4, 2017
- Groundbreaking Blockchain Research to Feature at International Financial Cryptography Conference - April 4, 2017
- Exscudo, The Nextgen Financial System, Announces ICO - April 4, 2017
- A Film by Manuel Stagars – The Blockchain And Us Video Documentary – Released in Full - April 4, 2017
- Genpact Harnesses Blockchain Technology to Transform F&A Operations to Improve Cash Flow and Enhance Customer Experience - April 4, 2017
- Blockchain Startup TaaS Partners With Exchange Platforms - April 4, 2017
- Synereo announces Qrator – The First Attention Economy App - April 4, 2017
- Blockchain Capital Releases Offering Memorandum for Its $10 Million Digital Token Offering - April 4, 2017
- Lykke Announces Availability of Blockchain Startup ChronoBank TIME Token - April 3, 2017
- Blockchain Workspace Launches Blockchain Education Company in Amsterdam, Netherlands - April 3, 2017
- Blockchain Startup SingularDTV Goes Hollywood - April 1, 2017
- Ledger Raises $7m To Accelerate Worldwide Adoption Of Security Solutions For Blockchain And Cryptocurrency Applications - March 31, 2017