CHAIN-FINANCE, a provider of news, research & events on Blockchain technologies for global financial services, today announced that its next “Blockchain in Finance” seminar will assess how Blockchain technology might impact the global insurance industry.
Sponsored by Clyde & Co, the seminar is being held in London on May 18, 2016 at the Rainmaking Loft.
Confirmed speakers include Nigel Brook & Lee Bacon – Clyde & Co, George Hallam – Ethereum Foundation, Gary Nuttall – Distlytics, Paul Ferris – ObjectChain, Thomas Bertani – Oraclize, Michael Mainelli – Z/Yen, as well as representatives of Everledger and SafeShare Global Limited.
Clyde & Co is the world’s largest insurance law firm, with a market-leading global cyber coverage and breach response team. Partners Nigel Brook, a member of the London cyber team, and Lee Bacon, an insurance specialist in the International Arbitration team, will discuss the potential for Blockchain and associated developments to impact traditional distribution channels and resolve longstanding inefficiencies and uncertainties in the contractual chain.
Lee and Nigel note that whilst the international insurance markets have been quick to use their traditional structures and models to respond to cyber challenges and losses, the industry is only now seeking to come to terms with the disruptive and revolutionary potential of distributed ledgers to impact how it does business.
The other speakers at this CHAIN-FINANCE event will assess key areas where Blockchain tech could offer benefits for the insurance industry:
Transparency – Blockchain tech first enhances the transparency of insurable goods. If you add a diamond to a Blockchain and track its history then it should be easier to insure and the premiums more accurate.
More Information, More Accuracy, Better Data Security – Blockchain tech offers a method for sharing information with insurers but in a way that is secure. More information that is relevant, validated and actual will offer insurers a better way to “create more accurate products, prices and premiums”.
Real-Time Insurance Contracts – By using smart contracts on the Blockchain, we should be able to devise the first ‘real-time’ insurance product. Using a Blockchain, an insurance product can self-adjust its premium as circumstances or owners change and can automate payouts based on Blockchain verified facts rather than a claims process.
Enabling the Sharing Economy – Another area for Blockchain utility is insuretech. Startups, like Lemonade, Friendsurance and SafeShare are bringing peer-to-peer insurance to market. Blockchain is peer-to-peer by design – so how might that technology enable insuretech businesses?
Attendees will be able to take away valuable insights from an event incorporating speakers and content that address the key issues and innovations for Blockchain tech in the insurance industry.
Online registrations for this event are welcome at http://Blockchain-finance.com/
- Lykke Crowdfunding – One -year Lykke Forward Offering - February 22, 2017
- Daimler AG Joins Hyperledger Blockchain Consortium as Premier Member - February 21, 2017
- Voatz and Clear Ballot to Explore Blockchain Technology for Remote Voting - February 20, 2017
- New Blockchain Smart Contract Token Developed By GameCredits - February 20, 2017
- Blockchain Could Be a New Operating System for the Planet Says Jeremy Wilson, Vice Chairman of Barclays Corporate Banking - February 20, 2017
- JAAK and the Guardian Initiative Announce MΞTA: A Blockchain Pilot for The Media & Entertainment Industry - February 18, 2017
- The StabL Project – Hadrien Charlanes Plans Stable Tokens and Derivative Products For Ethereum Blockchain - February 17, 2017
- Blockchain Energy Trading Trials Kickoff with Canada’s BTL Group and Austria’s Wien Energie - February 16, 2017
- Smart Dubai Office (SDO) and 1776 Launch Blockchain Challenge - February 16, 2017
- BOScoin, a New Cryptocurrency, Introduces “Trust Contracts” to Overcome the Shortcomings of Ethereum Smart Contracts - February 16, 2017
- European Commission Working on Blockchain – Plans Actively Seeking Pilot Partners - February 16, 2017
- Canadian Blockchain Company SecureKey Awarded U.S. Department of Homeland Security Grant - February 16, 2017
- Microsoft and KPMG Cut Deal and Kickoff Blockchain Nodes in Frankfurt and Singapore - February 16, 2017
- Global Blockchain Project FERMAT Announces Significant Alpha Release for the “Internet of People” - February 16, 2017
- Russian Blockchain Startup Exscudo Aims to Bridge Traditional Finances And The Cryptocurrency Market - February 15, 2017
- Active Year Ahead for Blockchain Solutions in Financial Services, says Corporate Insight - February 14, 2017
- BlockApps and Red Hat Cut Deal to Deliver Hybrid Cloud Solution for Blockchain Applications in the Enterprise - February 14, 2017
- Hyperledger Blockchain Turns One – Director Brian Behlendorf Updates - February 14, 2017
- The State Bank of India Initiates National Blockchain Bank Consortium - February 14, 2017
- The National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) Introduces Real-Time Cross-Border Blockchain Payments - February 14, 2017
- China Turning Hard to Blockchain – Focus on Fraud Reduction - February 13, 2017
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to Kick Off Blockchain in Heathcare Code-A-Thon - February 13, 2017
- Hexayurt Capital presents the Internet of Agreements at the World Government Summit - February 13, 2017
- EquiChain – Blockchain for Emerging Markets Post-Trade - February 13, 2017
- UK Government Approves Tramonex Labs to Issue Currency on Blockchain - February 12, 2017
- US Congress Buckles Down With Blockchain – Launch Congressional Blockchain Caucus - February 11, 2017
- Nick Szabo: Some Private Blockchains Qualify as Bona Fide Blockchains - February 10, 2017
- Bitfury Group and Government of Georgia Expand Blockchain Land Titling Project - February 10, 2017
- Expanse Project Announces Launch of the Expanse Bond System (EBS) - February 10, 2017
- WISeKey to Establish IoT Blockchain Center of Excellence in New York - February 10, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Coinfirm Gets $700k Growth Equity Via VC Funding - February 10, 2017
- Blockchain Health Startup Hashed Health Raises Nearly $2 Million in Initial Funding Round - February 10, 2017
- IBM Kicks Off Blockchain Initiative with Dubai Government - February 10, 2017
- Blockchain Pioneer Medici Ventures Invests in Factom, Inc. - February 7, 2017
- Canadian Blockchain Startup Equibit Raises Quarter Million Dollars in Day One of Initial Coin Offering (ICO) - February 5, 2017
- Blockchain-Fuelled Grantcoin Foundation Distributes Universal Basic Income (UBI) Grants To 1,132 People In 79 Countries - February 5, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Chronobank partners with NEM to create ChronoNEM wallet - February 3, 2017
- dotBlockchain Music Project Announces Partners - February 2, 2017
- Switzerland Promises to Ease Rules for Fintech and Blockchain Startups - February 2, 2017
- Netherlands’ ING Bank Completes 27 Blockchain POCs - February 2, 2017
- South African Blockchain-Based AR Game nears $1 Million in ICO Funding Goal - February 2, 2017
- The Wall Street Blockchain Alliance Announces New Blockchain Assets Working Group - February 2, 2017
- Tel Aviv’s Colu Launches Local Digital Currency for Liverpool – East London Next - February 2, 2017
- South Africa Mulling Over Blockchain Digital Currency - February 2, 2017
- Nine in Ten Governments Investing in Blockchain by 2018 Says IBM Study - February 2, 2017
- NATO Awards Estonian Blockchain Company Guardtime Contract for Next-Generation Cyber Range - February 2, 2017
- Microsoft and Tierion Collaborate on Attestations and Blockchain Proofs - February 2, 2017
- Irish Funds and Deloitte Trial Blockchain Proof-of-Concept - February 2, 2017
- Cambridge Blockchain Raise $2 Million for Digital Identity Enterprise Software - February 2, 2017
- National Altcoins – a Toy for Market Sharks or Godsend for Local Communities? - February 1, 2017