Blockchain pioneers, the Dutch team at I/O Digital were early in the Blockchain space launching I/O Coin and their Proof of Stake Blockchain network in July 2014.
Since then the company has evolved and recently won the public award in category Blockchain of the Euro Fintech Awards and garnishing the most public votes received at the event.
“Winning the FinTech awards and our restructuring for the future since January 2016 on the I/O Digital project has got a lot of extra attention,” said Joel Bosh, CEO I/O Digital.
Since then the I/O Digital project has evolved into a full service Blockchain company, developing projects and setting new standards in the Blockchain ecosystem.
Blockchain before the Blockchain buzz
After developing basic side projects to support I/O Coin as a digital currency the team at I/O Digital started to think about the future the underlying technology behind their cryptocurrency.
And in October 2014 the team defined a new project called DIONS which would turn out to change the focus of the company completely.
DIONS represents “Data on the Blockchain” And while most digital currency companies were still focusing on new wallets, public adoption and functionalities based on the coin the I/O team began to focus on the back-end technology – the Blockchain – before it even was a buzzword in the industry.
Since then the team has had full focus on delivering an outstanding, secure and fast Blockchain that can support “data”.
Think of storing copyrights in a decentralised network and the ability to create arbitrary services that use this network.
Since 2015, large corporations, banks and institutions are now investigating and investing in Blockchain technology. I/O Digital’s ultimate goal is to have companies use Blockchain technology for their businesses to gain competitor advantage, synergy between services and operate with less costs or even add new services to their portfolio.
Another one of their newer products is a Blockchain ecosystem with a limitless range of potential applications, storing all of data in a single Blockchain to make sure to have an infrastructure that can adapt and scale to accommodate all types of services.
Developed over a twelve-month period, Chameleon I/O is a framework which will allow for the creation of any number of unique and interoperable I/O Digital sidechains. These auxiliary (private) Blockchains will each have unique properties suited to the particular set of services and applications that they will support.
“This network of Blockchains, or “superchain’, will afford unparalleled flexibility to users, allowing any number of configurations to be seamlessly adopted depending on the use case,” added Bosh.
I/O Digital has been approached by venture capitalists, private entities, companies, investors, community members, that want to help grow and donate or even invest to the I/O Digital project.
To accommodate this, the team has decided to form an official foundation for the open source developments of I/O Coin and it’s Blockchain.
“During many of our meetings with companies and VC we quickly learned that we needed to have a more robust structure. They have also put in means for the future securing of the private keys. With setting up the foundation it will make it all possible. It also ensures that the I/O Coin Blockchain will stay in the hands of our Non Profit organization,” said Richard Groen – COO I/O.
Charity by default
The team and community of I/O Digital has a big heart for charity as well. Over the past 20 months they have donated more then $10.000 to different charities.
With the foundation they wil continue to do so. Ten percent of every donation made to the foundation will be spent on charity and the community co-decides which charity will receive a donation.
More information about the project can be found on www.iodigital.io
- Five days left until Blockchain Startup Exscudo ICO - April 21, 2017
- Apptrade to Reward Crowdsale Participants with Three Percent Bonus - April 21, 2017
- Blockchain Technology Startup Humaniq Raises $3.8M and Signs Contract With Deloitte - April 21, 2017
- Monolith Studio Announces Crowdsale for TokenCard, the First Debit Card Powered by Smart Contracts - April 20, 2017
- Blockchain Co. SingularDTV Recruits Hollywood VP - April 18, 2017
- Factom Closes Extended Series A Round of $8 Million Following Harmony Product Launch - April 18, 2017
- Interview with Back to Earth founder Clay Space - April 18, 2017
- Ethereum Movie Initial Coin Offering Sell Out - April 18, 2017
- Insurtech Startup Etherisc Wins “Blockchain Oscar” for Innovative Insurance Platform - April 14, 2017
- India’s Blockchain Community Launches Digital Asset and Blockchain Foundation - April 14, 2017
- UK EPSRC Supports Seven Blockchain Projects with £3.6 Million - April 14, 2017
- Dutch National Blockchain Coalition Presents Action Agenda - April 14, 2017
- Broadridge, J.P. Morgan, Northern Trust and Banco Santander Successfully Complete Pilot of for Blockchain Voting - April 14, 2017
- Blockgeeks Labs to Hold Blockchain Hackathon in Toronto - April 14, 2017
- Exscudo network EON coins are available for pre-order - April 13, 2017
- One of Big Four accounting firms is now legal adviser of Exscudo - April 12, 2017
- Dash Cryptocurrency Signs on with Kraken - April 12, 2017
- Blockchain Capital Closes ICO – $10 Million in Six Hours Raised in Record Time - April 11, 2017
- Ethereum meets Hyperledger – Burrow Ethereum Smart Contract Machine to Join Hyperledger - April 11, 2017
- Porsche Announces First Blockchain Contest - April 10, 2017
- Fidelity Labs Joins IC3 Blockchain Group - April 10, 2017
- Global Graphchain Project FERMAT Announces Distributed Governance Model Featuring Contribution Contracts - April 10, 2017
- Coinsilium and Oraclize sign MoU to form Strategic Alliance - April 10, 2017
- Industry Thought Leaders Invest With Blockchain Capital in its Ground-Breaking ICO - April 8, 2017
- Novus To Launch Innovative Blockchain Advanced File Index System - April 5, 2017
- Lykke Announces OEM Services – Lykke Accelerator - April 5, 2017
- BitHub.Africa Announces ICO Campaign to Foster Region’s Cryptocurrency Ecosystem - April 5, 2017
- SibCoin: Siberia Down, China to Go - April 4, 2017
- Groundbreaking Blockchain Research to Feature at International Financial Cryptography Conference - April 4, 2017
- Exscudo, The Nextgen Financial System, Announces ICO - April 4, 2017
- A Film by Manuel Stagars – The Blockchain And Us Video Documentary – Released in Full - April 4, 2017
- Genpact Harnesses Blockchain Technology to Transform F&A Operations to Improve Cash Flow and Enhance Customer Experience - April 4, 2017
- Blockchain Startup TaaS Partners With Exchange Platforms - April 4, 2017
- Synereo announces Qrator – The First Attention Economy App - April 4, 2017
- Blockchain Capital Releases Offering Memorandum for Its $10 Million Digital Token Offering - April 4, 2017
- Lykke Announces Availability of Blockchain Startup ChronoBank TIME Token - April 3, 2017
- Blockchain Workspace Launches Blockchain Education Company in Amsterdam, Netherlands - April 3, 2017
- Blockchain Startup SingularDTV Goes Hollywood - April 1, 2017
- Ledger Raises $7m To Accelerate Worldwide Adoption Of Security Solutions For Blockchain And Cryptocurrency Applications - March 31, 2017
- Slock.it secures $2 million seed funding to build Sharing Economy Platform - March 31, 2017
- Open Source Blockchain Project MultiChain Adds Fourteen New Partners and Enters Beta - March 30, 2017
- Tokenization in the Age of Blockchain - March 30, 2017
- European Commission Proposes Blockchain Pilot to Examine Regulatory Issues - March 30, 2017
- BitPesa has Partnered with Bitcoin Company Bitbond to Improve Access to Financing for SMEs in Africa. - March 30, 2017
- Switzerland’s SIX Securities Services Develops Blockchain-Based Bond Issuing Solution - March 30, 2017
- Beijing Officials Demand Chinese Blockchain Standards - March 30, 2017
- Spanish Bank BBVA joins Hyperledger Project - March 30, 2017
- Alibaba to Tackle Counterfeit Food in China With Blockchain - March 30, 2017
- Cosmos Announces Upcoming Token Sale to Build Internet of Blockchains - March 29, 2017
- Blockchain Technologies Corp. Speaks Before Maine State Legislature Committee on Blockchain Voting - March 29, 2017