Blockchain technology startup Bitland is rolling out services to allow individuals and groups in 28 communities in Kumasi, Ghana, to survey land and record title deeds on their Blockchain – providing a permanent and auditable record – as well as acting as liaison with the government to help resolve disputes. Bitland wants to expand the service across the African continent.
“The Blockchain is extremely powerful, offering huge advantages of cost, transparency and reliability thanks to the immutable nature of decentralised ledgers. However, these benefits often fail to resonate due to the markets targeted and the way in which they are communicated we put the human element back into the decentralisation movement by bringing Blockchain technology directly to the people, face to face.” wrote the company in a recent press release.
The Bitland team is using the OpenLedger platform as the basis of their Blockchain infrastructure.
“OpenLedger is built on top of the BitShares platform and its MIT-licensed Graphene Blockchain technology,” explained Ronny Boesing, CEO of crypto exchange CCEDK – OpenLedger’s Danish registrar. “BitShares was recently confirmed as a partner with the Microsoft Azure BaaS, and the Bitland project reflects the vast number of opportunities emerging as more mainstream companies realize that this is what they have all been waiting for to maximize income and future communication. As more organisations join the OpenLedger/BitShares platform, you can be sure that this Decentralised Conglomerate will exemplify the future of global economics.”
Education and infrastructure
Bitland is both informing citizens about Blockchain technology and about how the technology can change their lives for the better. Bringing clarity to land ownership rights will not only reduce corruption, but will open up trillions of dollars in locked capital, since land that doesn’t have a functional title cannot be used as capital, and securing a mortgage to build or purchase homes is not possible. In low-income countries like Ghana, people are concerned with basic needs and infrastructure such as running water and paved roads. The Bitland team will use Blockchain technology to help accelerate infrastructure development by freeing up capital – without the corruption and abuses of power that have plagued such projects in the past.
Bitland cannot rely on existing local infrastructure, since rolling blackouts are the norm. They therefore plan to set up solar-powered Bitland centres that will function as hardware hubs for the Bitland Wireless Network. These hubs will double as education centres for locals to learn about digital solutions and how to get involved in the project.
Cadastrals: the currency of Bitland
Bitland will be issuing a digital currency called Cadastrals, which will act as the entry token for their Blockchain platform.
“To get through the first year of operations, the team has allotted 20 million Cadastrals to be used in an ICO to establish the first operational Bitland Center,” said Larry Christopher Bates, Bitland’s Chief Security Officer. “The ICO will be hosted by CCEDK, and the funds will be held in escrow on the OpenLedger platform.”
The ICO ends June 1st, and any unsold tokens will be sold through the Omni Tether platform with a daily incremental price increase.
The Bitland Fund will collect network fees and any money taken into the main reserve and redistribute them to projects within the Bitland communities, thereby directly funding infrastructure provision, with oversight from the relevant governments.
OpenLedger and ICOO
As the OpenLedger platform is developed further, it will add the capacity for a voting system to be part of the Bitland project – enabling communities to become directly involved in decision-making.
“The OpenLedger team is very excited to be adding Bitland to the Decentralised Conglomerate,” continued Boesing. “Now, the infrastructure of the OpenLedger system will grow to include real estate, commercial property investments, and development of third world countries as part of its future plans.”
May 20 will also see the launch of the crowdfunding campaign for a new initiative, ICOO. This innovative new asset will allow holders to benefit from future ICOs, by investing in them and making proxy tokens available to trade before they launch. The fund will purchase assets from supported ICOs and create tokens representing these on OpenLedger in the period before the official release of the project. As with other new projects, a proportion of ICOO assets are reserved for OBITS – a catch-all asset representing all current and future initiatives in the CCEDK network.
Since the Decentralized Conglomerate establishes intra-DC support, 5% of the proceeds from the sale of ICOO will go towards the purchase of Cadastrals. Since the future plans for Bitland are to establish a network of smart contracts that back land, Cadastrals will be seen as a digital token representing land for the portfolio of ICOO. The Cadastral community becomes a pillar of ICOO alongside Digix and DAOHub.
As Bitland plans to work with governments around the world to register land titles on the OpenLedger Blockchain, the ecosystem will represent not just smart contracts, but smart cities. The OpenLedger platform will help bring transparency to nations where corruption has been the main impedance to progress, and further it will allow remittance and investments to flow into underdeveloped areas without big companies taking a large cut. The Bitland project is about more than registering land titles: this is the first step to bringing true democracy and meritocracy to the world.
Ultimately, people will be able to use their mobile devices to register a plot of land with GPS accuracy, file a claim, register a dispute, sell or purchase land. As well as the transparent and immutable nature of the Blockchain, OpenLedger allows smart contracts. This removes the need for trust, so that microloans can be issued and government contracts fulfilled on a platform that tracks progress and distributes funds accordingly. After the first phase of the project is complete, the idea is to use Bitland to encourage governments and private organisations to offer smart contracts to give people the chance to invest in development. Organizations such as Kiva already have established methods of issuing microloans, and realise rates of over 90% repayment.
For further information please visit:
- Bitland Concept
- Bitland Netexplo Award
- Token Description
- Video Presentation
- How to Participate in Bitland ICO
- ICOBox Token Presale Attracts $8.3 Million - August 17, 2017
- Indorse, the Decentralized Professional Social Network, Receives Additional Backing From Coinsilium After $5.5 million Pre-Sale - August 16, 2017
- Decentraland Partners With imToken, Connext, and Bitcoin Suisse - August 16, 2017
- Ethereum-based Car Towing Aggregator CarTaxi Plans ICO - August 16, 2017
- Ukraine Government to Allow Foreign Investors to Purchase Real Estate Online with Propy - August 16, 2017
- Cofound.it to Launch Weekly Crowdsales through September - August 15, 2017
- Blockstream Satellite: Broadcasting Bitcoin from Space - August 15, 2017
- Dr. Christian Seberino – Houston Texas Blockchain Course Kicks Off Friday August 18, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Skycoin – Skywire Miner: Hardware for the Next Internet - August 12, 2017
- NSD and Waves kickstart development of Crypto Assets platform - August 12, 2017
- ICONOMI Introduces Columbus Capital As Its First Asset Management Partner - August 12, 2017
- Siberians to Launch ICO for Decentralized Betting eSports Platform - August 12, 2017
- Decentralized News Network Releases Alpha Update - August 12, 2017
- Gibraltar’s Fintech Sector Moves Forward – Awards Xapo E-money license - August 11, 2017
- AMBROSUS Partners with TREK THERAPEUTICS to Develop a Blockchain-powered Method to Track Quality in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing - August 11, 2017
- Outlier Ventures Becomes First VC To Hire ‘Head of Crypto-Economics’ With Appointment of Eden Dhaliwal - August 11, 2017
- Rivetz Raises $5.5 Million in RvT Token Pre-Sale; Public Token Crowdsale Begins Today, Capped at 200,000 ETH - August 10, 2017
- Leading Japanese VCs, Nippon Technology Venture Partners, FISCO Capitals, and ABBALab Inc all to invest in COMSA ICO tokens and XEM - August 10, 2017
- Binded Launches One Click U.S. Copyright Registrations - August 10, 2017
- Illinois Opens Blockchain Development Partnership with Hashed Health - August 9, 2017
- Jaxx and Cofound.it Partner to Give Best New Cryptocurrencies Immediate Liquidity - August 9, 2017
- GoldMint Project Plans to Provide 100 per cent Gold-Backed Stable Assets - August 9, 2017
- Launching a Blockchain Solution to Make Aviation Safer – Aeron.aero - August 9, 2017
- Blackmoon Financial Group Launches Blockchain-Based Platform for Tokenized Investment Funds - August 9, 2017
- SONM Launches Updated Platform With Discovery Algorithm - August 9, 2017
- AirFox Announces ICO to Make Mobile Data More Accessible and Affordable - August 8, 2017
- Golden Fleece Project To Expand Massive Altcoin Mining Ecosystem With Token Sale - August 8, 2017
- Notorious Lobbyist Jack Abramoff to Coach Bitcoin Activists in New Washington, DC-based Reality Docu-series from Blockchain Entertainment and Ignition Creative - August 8, 2017
- ATMChain’s Project In China With 7,000 Intelligent Media Screens ‘Goes Blockchain’ Through DECENT - August 8, 2017
- NEM.io Foundation Partners with Blockchain Global to Expand International Reach - August 8, 2017
- CFTE working with MAS to help ASEAN finance professionals acquire the skills of Finance 2.0 - August 8, 2017
- Rivetz International Partners with LAToken to Boost Marketplace Security on Mobile Devices - August 8, 2017
- investFeed Finishes Successful Token Generation Event - August 8, 2017
- Zen Protocol Unveils Testnet To Decentralize Finance - August 8, 2017
- Blockchain Startup JAAK Announce Official Pilot With Viacom UK - August 7, 2017
- RefToken Releases Blockchain Affiliate Platform Prototype – Announces Token Generation Event - August 5, 2017
- Dash Employs Elite Cybersecurity Service Bugcrowd to ‘Hack’ Its Blockchain - August 5, 2017
- 144,000 Free Spins up for grabs montly in BitStarz’s new Slot Battles! - August 5, 2017
- Stox Token Sale Raises $33 Million in 34 Hours – The Seventh Biggest of 2017 - August 4, 2017
- Swap Announces AIR Token Launch and AIRSWAP, a Decentralized, Peer-to-Peer Trading Platform - August 4, 2017
- investFeed Showcases First Version of Cryptocurrency-Based Social Investment Platform - August 3, 2017
- WePower Launches Blockchain-Powered Green Energy Platform and Token Sale - August 3, 2017
- DECENT Network introduces ATMChain - August 3, 2017
- Neufund Launches ICO Transparency Monitor to Judge ICOs Based on Smart Contract Design - August 3, 2017
- Bitfinex announces Ethfinex – a new community discussion and exchange platform for Ethereum crowdsales and tokens. - August 3, 2017
- Dutch Foundation Wants to Disrupt Charities Using Blockchain Technology - August 3, 2017
- Everex Officially Partners With Myanmar-based MicroMoney - August 3, 2017
- Tech Bureau Japan Launches Cryptocurrency Fundraising Medium, “COMSA” - August 3, 2017
- StreamSpace Token Generation Event to Support Innovative Film Distribution Platform - August 2, 2017
- Singapore Authorities Clarify Regulatory Position On ICOs – Securities in Some Cases – Following SEC Lead - August 2, 2017