Blockchain technology startup Bitland is rolling out services to allow individuals and groups in 28 communities in Kumasi, Ghana, to survey land and record title deeds on their Blockchain – providing a permanent and auditable record – as well as acting as liaison with the government to help resolve disputes. Bitland wants to expand the service across the African continent.
“The Blockchain is extremely powerful, offering huge advantages of cost, transparency and reliability thanks to the immutable nature of decentralised ledgers. However, these benefits often fail to resonate due to the markets targeted and the way in which they are communicated we put the human element back into the decentralisation movement by bringing Blockchain technology directly to the people, face to face.” wrote the company in a recent press release.
The Bitland team is using the OpenLedger platform as the basis of their Blockchain infrastructure.
“OpenLedger is built on top of the BitShares platform and its MIT-licensed Graphene Blockchain technology,” explained Ronny Boesing, CEO of crypto exchange CCEDK – OpenLedger’s Danish registrar. “BitShares was recently confirmed as a partner with the Microsoft Azure BaaS, and the Bitland project reflects the vast number of opportunities emerging as more mainstream companies realize that this is what they have all been waiting for to maximize income and future communication. As more organisations join the OpenLedger/BitShares platform, you can be sure that this Decentralised Conglomerate will exemplify the future of global economics.”
Education and infrastructure
Bitland is both informing citizens about Blockchain technology and about how the technology can change their lives for the better. Bringing clarity to land ownership rights will not only reduce corruption, but will open up trillions of dollars in locked capital, since land that doesn’t have a functional title cannot be used as capital, and securing a mortgage to build or purchase homes is not possible. In low-income countries like Ghana, people are concerned with basic needs and infrastructure such as running water and paved roads. The Bitland team will use Blockchain technology to help accelerate infrastructure development by freeing up capital – without the corruption and abuses of power that have plagued such projects in the past.
Bitland cannot rely on existing local infrastructure, since rolling blackouts are the norm. They therefore plan to set up solar-powered Bitland centres that will function as hardware hubs for the Bitland Wireless Network. These hubs will double as education centres for locals to learn about digital solutions and how to get involved in the project.
Cadastrals: the currency of Bitland
Bitland will be issuing a digital currency called Cadastrals, which will act as the entry token for their Blockchain platform.
“To get through the first year of operations, the team has allotted 20 million Cadastrals to be used in an ICO to establish the first operational Bitland Center,” said Larry Christopher Bates, Bitland’s Chief Security Officer. “The ICO will be hosted by CCEDK, and the funds will be held in escrow on the OpenLedger platform.”
The ICO ends June 1st, and any unsold tokens will be sold through the Omni Tether platform with a daily incremental price increase.
The Bitland Fund will collect network fees and any money taken into the main reserve and redistribute them to projects within the Bitland communities, thereby directly funding infrastructure provision, with oversight from the relevant governments.
OpenLedger and ICOO
As the OpenLedger platform is developed further, it will add the capacity for a voting system to be part of the Bitland project – enabling communities to become directly involved in decision-making.
“The OpenLedger team is very excited to be adding Bitland to the Decentralised Conglomerate,” continued Boesing. “Now, the infrastructure of the OpenLedger system will grow to include real estate, commercial property investments, and development of third world countries as part of its future plans.”
May 20 will also see the launch of the crowdfunding campaign for a new initiative, ICOO. This innovative new asset will allow holders to benefit from future ICOs, by investing in them and making proxy tokens available to trade before they launch. The fund will purchase assets from supported ICOs and create tokens representing these on OpenLedger in the period before the official release of the project. As with other new projects, a proportion of ICOO assets are reserved for OBITS – a catch-all asset representing all current and future initiatives in the CCEDK network.
Since the Decentralized Conglomerate establishes intra-DC support, 5% of the proceeds from the sale of ICOO will go towards the purchase of Cadastrals. Since the future plans for Bitland are to establish a network of smart contracts that back land, Cadastrals will be seen as a digital token representing land for the portfolio of ICOO. The Cadastral community becomes a pillar of ICOO alongside Digix and DAOHub.
As Bitland plans to work with governments around the world to register land titles on the OpenLedger Blockchain, the ecosystem will represent not just smart contracts, but smart cities. The OpenLedger platform will help bring transparency to nations where corruption has been the main impedance to progress, and further it will allow remittance and investments to flow into underdeveloped areas without big companies taking a large cut. The Bitland project is about more than registering land titles: this is the first step to bringing true democracy and meritocracy to the world.
Ultimately, people will be able to use their mobile devices to register a plot of land with GPS accuracy, file a claim, register a dispute, sell or purchase land. As well as the transparent and immutable nature of the Blockchain, OpenLedger allows smart contracts. This removes the need for trust, so that microloans can be issued and government contracts fulfilled on a platform that tracks progress and distributes funds accordingly. After the first phase of the project is complete, the idea is to use Bitland to encourage governments and private organisations to offer smart contracts to give people the chance to invest in development. Organizations such as Kiva already have established methods of issuing microloans, and realise rates of over 90% repayment.
For further information please visit:
- Bitland Concept
- Bitland Netexplo Award
- Token Description
- Video Presentation
- How to Participate in Bitland ICO
- Dash Unveils Evolution Roadmap and Three-Year Plan - June 27, 2017
- Seven Major European Banks Select IBM to Bring Blockchain-Based Trade Finance to Small and Medium Enterprises - June 27, 2017
- EOS Blockchain Operating System Unveils Year-Long Token Distribution - June 27, 2017
- Blockchain Application Platform Lisk Announces First Major Release, Lisk Nano 1.0 - June 27, 2017
- Blockchain Startup AdEx, a Decentralized Ad Platform Developer to Launch a Token Sale - June 27, 2017
- First Ever Real Estate Project on Blockchain Launches in Amsterdam – ICO Today - June 26, 2017
- World’s first decentralized speech recognition platform plan to raising up to $3M on ICO - June 26, 2017
- A2B Direct to Launch a Blockchain Platform and Hold an ICO - June 24, 2017
- The ‘under the radar’ ICO, Populous. A platform tackling the Multi-Trillion Dollar international billings industry. - June 23, 2017
- Blockchain Startup TrueFlip Reinvents Business with 600 Year Long History of Fails - June 23, 2017
- EXMO exchange lists WAVES Blockchain Project - June 23, 2017
- Blockchain Startup DECENT Launch Date Announced - June 23, 2017
- Adex, A Decentralized Ad Network, Taps WINGS Platform For Community Engagement, Token Sale Value Discovery And Social Promotion - June 23, 2017
- Comcast’s Advanced Advertising Group And Participants Announce Blockchain-based Technology Platform - June 22, 2017
- Online Platform for Gamers to Release a Cryptocurrency for In-game Skins Trading; Launches an ICO - June 22, 2017
- Colu Launches Digital “Local Pound, East London” Currency to Empower Local Economies - June 21, 2017
- bitJob.io is Building a Student Employment Program on the Ethereum Blockchain – Launching ICO - June 21, 2017
- Blockchain Project Waves launches landmark USD gateway - June 21, 2017
- Status.im Raises $270m in Three Hours – Shattering Token Raise Record - June 21, 2017
- World’s First Mobile Data Exchange DENT Seeks to Disrupt Telco Market with Blockchain - June 20, 2017
- Financial Inclusion Company Everex Takes Home RemTECH Award For Ethereum Apps - June 18, 2017
- SONM Raises $42 Million in Token Raise - June 18, 2017
- WISeKey partners with the Blockchain Interface company RIDDLE&CODE to develop innovative solutions for securing IoT via Blockchain technology and crypto-hardware - June 17, 2017
- Bancor Announces $153 Million Raise, Largest Token Generation Event in History - June 17, 2017
- CORION Announces Final Coin Sale Details to Build its Revolutionary Platform & Stable-Rate Currency - June 17, 2017
- Enhancing the value of history with ZenDao – ICO announcement - June 16, 2017
- FunFair Announces Token Creation Event on June 22 for World’s Fastest Blockchain Casino Platform - June 15, 2017
- Blockchain Technology Venture Nimiq Announces Token Sale - June 14, 2017
- Outlier Ventures Makes Multi-Million Dollar Investment in Distributed IoT Marketplace ‘IOTA’ Through Major Token Purchase - June 14, 2017
- Bancor Token Allocation Event Smashes Record – Raises over $150 Million - June 13, 2017
- Consensys Introduces Omega One - June 12, 2017
- MetaX and DMA Join Forces to Launch adChain: a Blockchain Solution to Digital Advertising Fraud - June 12, 2017
- Aeternity Raises $24 million Over Phase Two of Token Sale - June 12, 2017
- HyperChain Capital announces Collaboration and Investment in CoinDash - June 12, 2017
- Community-Driven Cryptocurrency Credits Announces First Public Release - June 12, 2017
- Bancor Protocol Foundation Announces New Partners Before Upcoming Token Allocation Event - June 12, 2017
- Investors from Russia are launching a venture fund formed on blockchain - June 12, 2017
- Bancor Adds Heavyweight Advisory Team to their Foundation – Token Allocation Event Kicks off Today - June 12, 2017
- Bancor Protocol Foundation Adds Author and Euro Designer Bernard Lietaer as Chief Monetary Architect - June 10, 2017
- Russian Billionaire Announces Business Incubator on Waves Platform - June 9, 2017
- Bancor Launches Crowdfunding Valuation And Promotion Via Wings Dao On Ethereum - June 9, 2017
- Coinsilium invests in Indorse.io Decentralised Professional Network - June 8, 2017
- Cofound.it Breaks Pre-Sale Record, Selling Out With Priority Pass Before Public Token Sale - June 7, 2017
- Cofound.it Token Pre-Sale Reaches $5 Million Threshold Within Three Hours, Announces First Three Projects - June 5, 2017
- Blockchain Startup DECENT Testnet #2 Launched! - June 4, 2017
- Blockchain Challenge Dubai Announces Winners- Awarded $45,000 - June 4, 2017
- Waves Ceo Sasha Ivanov: Blockchain Will Lead To Rapid Progress Not Only In State Administration, But Also In Business - June 4, 2017
- Exscudo ICO Successfully Concluded – $5M Dollars Raised - June 1, 2017
- Aventus launches Ethereum-based Event Ticketing Solution - June 1, 2017
- Brave Token Sale Blasts Records With $35 Million in 30 Seconds - June 1, 2017