Blockchain technology startup Bitland is rolling out services to allow individuals and groups in 28 communities in Kumasi, Ghana, to survey land and record title deeds on their Blockchain – providing a permanent and auditable record – as well as acting as liaison with the government to help resolve disputes. Bitland wants to expand the service across the African continent.
“The Blockchain is extremely powerful, offering huge advantages of cost, transparency and reliability thanks to the immutable nature of decentralised ledgers. However, these benefits often fail to resonate due to the markets targeted and the way in which they are communicated we put the human element back into the decentralisation movement by bringing Blockchain technology directly to the people, face to face.” wrote the company in a recent press release.
The Bitland team is using the OpenLedger platform as the basis of their Blockchain infrastructure.
“OpenLedger is built on top of the BitShares platform and its MIT-licensed Graphene Blockchain technology,” explained Ronny Boesing, CEO of crypto exchange CCEDK – OpenLedger’s Danish registrar. “BitShares was recently confirmed as a partner with the Microsoft Azure BaaS, and the Bitland project reflects the vast number of opportunities emerging as more mainstream companies realize that this is what they have all been waiting for to maximize income and future communication. As more organisations join the OpenLedger/BitShares platform, you can be sure that this Decentralised Conglomerate will exemplify the future of global economics.”
Education and infrastructure
Bitland is both informing citizens about Blockchain technology and about how the technology can change their lives for the better. Bringing clarity to land ownership rights will not only reduce corruption, but will open up trillions of dollars in locked capital, since land that doesn’t have a functional title cannot be used as capital, and securing a mortgage to build or purchase homes is not possible. In low-income countries like Ghana, people are concerned with basic needs and infrastructure such as running water and paved roads. The Bitland team will use Blockchain technology to help accelerate infrastructure development by freeing up capital – without the corruption and abuses of power that have plagued such projects in the past.
Bitland cannot rely on existing local infrastructure, since rolling blackouts are the norm. They therefore plan to set up solar-powered Bitland centres that will function as hardware hubs for the Bitland Wireless Network. These hubs will double as education centres for locals to learn about digital solutions and how to get involved in the project.
Cadastrals: the currency of Bitland
Bitland will be issuing a digital currency called Cadastrals, which will act as the entry token for their Blockchain platform.
“To get through the first year of operations, the team has allotted 20 million Cadastrals to be used in an ICO to establish the first operational Bitland Center,” said Larry Christopher Bates, Bitland’s Chief Security Officer. “The ICO will be hosted by CCEDK, and the funds will be held in escrow on the OpenLedger platform.”
The ICO ends June 1st, and any unsold tokens will be sold through the Omni Tether platform with a daily incremental price increase.
The Bitland Fund will collect network fees and any money taken into the main reserve and redistribute them to projects within the Bitland communities, thereby directly funding infrastructure provision, with oversight from the relevant governments.
OpenLedger and ICOO
As the OpenLedger platform is developed further, it will add the capacity for a voting system to be part of the Bitland project – enabling communities to become directly involved in decision-making.
“The OpenLedger team is very excited to be adding Bitland to the Decentralised Conglomerate,” continued Boesing. “Now, the infrastructure of the OpenLedger system will grow to include real estate, commercial property investments, and development of third world countries as part of its future plans.”
May 20 will also see the launch of the crowdfunding campaign for a new initiative, ICOO. This innovative new asset will allow holders to benefit from future ICOs, by investing in them and making proxy tokens available to trade before they launch. The fund will purchase assets from supported ICOs and create tokens representing these on OpenLedger in the period before the official release of the project. As with other new projects, a proportion of ICOO assets are reserved for OBITS – a catch-all asset representing all current and future initiatives in the CCEDK network.
Since the Decentralized Conglomerate establishes intra-DC support, 5% of the proceeds from the sale of ICOO will go towards the purchase of Cadastrals. Since the future plans for Bitland are to establish a network of smart contracts that back land, Cadastrals will be seen as a digital token representing land for the portfolio of ICOO. The Cadastral community becomes a pillar of ICOO alongside Digix and DAOHub.
As Bitland plans to work with governments around the world to register land titles on the OpenLedger Blockchain, the ecosystem will represent not just smart contracts, but smart cities. The OpenLedger platform will help bring transparency to nations where corruption has been the main impedance to progress, and further it will allow remittance and investments to flow into underdeveloped areas without big companies taking a large cut. The Bitland project is about more than registering land titles: this is the first step to bringing true democracy and meritocracy to the world.
Ultimately, people will be able to use their mobile devices to register a plot of land with GPS accuracy, file a claim, register a dispute, sell or purchase land. As well as the transparent and immutable nature of the Blockchain, OpenLedger allows smart contracts. This removes the need for trust, so that microloans can be issued and government contracts fulfilled on a platform that tracks progress and distributes funds accordingly. After the first phase of the project is complete, the idea is to use Bitland to encourage governments and private organisations to offer smart contracts to give people the chance to invest in development. Organizations such as Kiva already have established methods of issuing microloans, and realise rates of over 90% repayment.
For further information please visit:
- Bitland Concept
- Bitland Netexplo Award
- Token Description
- Video Presentation
- How to Participate in Bitland ICO
- Grid Foundation unveils an Enterprise ‘Cloud Operating System’ for All Blockchains - October 23, 2017
- Cashaa welcomes Central bankers, MIT scientists and Fortune Top 500 Leaders for its CAS token sale - October 23, 2017
- Sun Exchange Raises $1.6 Million Seed Investment to Catalyze Global Shift to Solar Power - October 22, 2017
- Brickblock And Nakamo.to Announce Partnership To Fuse Real-world Asset Trading With The Potential Of IOTA’s Tangle Network - October 22, 2017
- Wirex inks deal with SBI Holdings to establish Asia focussed joint venture – Japanese cryptocurrency payments card expected soon - October 22, 2017
- CrowdWiz successfully raises over $5 million in its pre sale to bring democracy to investing by cutting out the middleman - October 22, 2017
- Soma – launches ICO to tackle marketplace fraud and disrupt the $1.7 trillion global second-hand goods industry - October 22, 2017
- LiveEdu.tv Launches ICO and Announces Presale - October 22, 2017
- Yetta announces ICO of European Commission funded Blockchain Research and Development - October 22, 2017
- Pulsar Venture Capital Holds ICO to Raise Money Using Blockchain - October 19, 2017
- Dash Expands Reach In Asia Through Cooperation With Rising Fintech Company QUOINE - October 19, 2017
- Hacken and Neuromation Partnership Launched to Stomp out Blockchain Cybercrime - October 19, 2017
- Playkey Brings in $1 Million in Pre-Sale Campaign and Welcomes Dillon Seo as VR Advisor - October 19, 2017
- SolarCoin Founders Introduce New Blockchain-Based Network for Global, Decentralized Energy Trading - October 19, 2017
- Kazakhstan’s Lendex.io plans ICO in early 2018 - October 19, 2017
- Swissborg – The Blockchain Era of Swiss Private Banking – Announced ICO - October 19, 2017
- Bank4YOU Group’s launches ICO end of October – Investors Call to Action - October 19, 2017
- Live Pre-sale of Trive: Fights Fake News Using Cryptocurrency and Crowdsourced Research - October 19, 2017
- A New Ozone Layer? Arcona Plans for Augmented Reality Layer to Cover Earth Surface in new AR project - October 19, 2017
- Cofound.it Introduces Seed Program for Early Blockchain Startups - October 19, 2017
- LOOMIA Announces Collaboration With Storj Labs, Introduces Smart Fabrics and Consumer Data to Blockchain Technology - October 19, 2017
- DECENT Launches Beta Release of DECENT GO, The First Decentralized Marketplace for Digital Content - October 19, 2017
- Orebits Corporation, Inc. Announces Orebits Pool, LLC and Orebits.AU Eco-System - October 19, 2017
- Pareto – the Peer to Peer Financial Content Marketplace Announces Token Sale - October 19, 2017
- Appsolutely Launches the LoyalPlatform, LoyalCoin and LoyalWallet; Using Blockchain to Usher in the New “Loyalty Economy” - October 19, 2017
- Eidoo Raises $27.9m In Successful ICO To Bridge The Cryptocurrency Gap And Open The World Of Digital Currencies To The Masses - October 19, 2017
- Malta-based RoboAdvisorCoin (RAC) Launches Token Sale for Robo-Advisor Dedicated to Cryptocurrencies and Digital Assets - October 19, 2017
- BLOCKv Announces the Availability of VEE Tokens Through Its Upcoming Token Generation Event – Open to Public on October 19, 2017 - October 19, 2017
- The Fundchain initiative starts again this year with new Research & Development roadmap for the investment fund industry - October 19, 2017
- Digital Cryptocurrency Vault DigiPulse Reaches $1 million in Token Sale - October 19, 2017
- Tickets Cloud Kicks off crypto.tickets ICO - October 19, 2017
- Ex-JP Morgan Vice President Dr Joseph Chen-Yu Wang Joins Ambrosus as Project Manager - October 19, 2017
- Russian Wood for Cryptocurrency – Timber! - October 19, 2017
- Proof Suite Announces Token Sale for Blockchain Platform Designed to Tokenize and Insure Real World Assets - October 19, 2017
- DataWallet Announces Blockchain-Based, Consumer-to-Business Data Exchange - October 19, 2017
- IEEE Releases Findings from First Detailed Study of Blockchain Adoption in the Pharmaceutical Enterprise - October 19, 2017
- Horizon State Launches Token Sale to Modernize Global Voting and Collaborative Decision Making - October 19, 2017
- Metaps Plans to Launch Time Marketplace ‘Timebank’ Token Sale on COMSA - October 19, 2017
- Lykke Vanuatu brings Binary.com tokens to Lykke Vanuatu Exchange - October 19, 2017
- After raising $15M in a pre-sale, BitClave is ramping up for its Nov 8 crowdsale, and its plans to redefine the search experience - October 19, 2017
- Kazakhstan Is About To Launch The First Cryptocurrency, Directly Backed By Fiat Money - October 19, 2017
- Positive.com launches to protect Initial Coin Offerings from cyber attack - October 19, 2017
- Latium Launches LATX Cryptocurrency Token Sale for Participation in AI-Based Tasking Platform - October 18, 2017
- IBM Announces Major Blockchain Solution to Speed Global Payments - October 18, 2017
- Launch of SMSCHAIN, a Blockchain-based SMS Gateway - October 18, 2017
- Streamr Concludes a 30 Million CHF Crowd Contribution Period to Build Decentralized Real-Time Data Economy - October 18, 2017
- Publica Building New eCommerce Platform for the Publishing Ecosystem – Token Sale Coming Soon - October 18, 2017
- BLOCKv Partners with Storj Labs to Provide Decentralized Storage Architecture and New Toolsets to Power Next Generation Digital Objects - October 18, 2017
- Coinme Announces the Start of the UpToken Sale Today With Over $40 Million USD in Pre-Registration Signups - October 18, 2017
- Blockbid Announces Launch Of ICO Backed By Multi-Cryptocurrency Trading Platform - October 18, 2017