The Dubai Future Foundation has announced at the quarterly meeting of its Global Blockchain Council their new members as well as the adoption of seven new innovation-based pilot projects.
The council now consists of 46 members, including Dubai Trade, Dubai Gold and Commodities Exchange, Emirates, Moe Levin and Dubai Department of Economic Development.
“The global Blockchain council comes under the strategic direction of UAE leadership in position UAE as a global centre for shaping the future within the strategic sectors. The council also represents one of the major initiatives of Dubai Future Agenda, approved by His Highness Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, last April,” said Mohammed bin Abdullah Al Gergawi, Cabinet Member, UAE Minister of Cabinet Affairs and Future and Vice-Chairman and Manging Director of the Dubai Future Foundation.
“It’s important to continuously source opportunities that the technology of the future provides to enhance the peoples quality of life and create economic impact worth billions of dollars,” he added.
“The right application of the Blockchain technology, which is expected to have a market value of $290 billion by 2019, will contribute massively in elevating the level of the smart services provided to citizens from cost, time and efficiency perspectives. The council, which is only four months old, helped positioning the UAE as a global player in developing and applying Blockchain technology,” added Al Gergawi.
“With the new companies coming on board, the stage is set for further expansion of the council’s business. The new members will give a boost to the efforts to promote Blockchain as a future technology and its effective use in the UAE,” said Saif Al Aleeli, CEO of the Dubai Future Foundation.
“Proactive projects are crucial to implement such a globally advanced technology. The council aims to contribute to economic growth through the adoption of effective technological solutions to deal with digital transactions,” added Al Aleeli.
“FlexiDesk”, the first pilot project adopted during the meeting, comes in cooperation between BitOasis and the Dubai Multi Commodities Centre to find practical applications for Blockchain technology. The project is aimed at facilitating the DMCC’s transactions in line with Dubai Plan 2021 by accelerating services and achieving high efficiency at lower costs.
“Trade Flow”, the second project by the DMCC, will provide digital financial transaction services using Blockchain technology. The project will also help significantly reduce costs, increase operations security, unify transactions procedures and provide super-fast services round the clock.
“Dubai Points”, the third pilot project, aims to incentivise tourism in Dubai by awarding points to tourists when they visit a tourist destination, encouraging them to return and utilise their points. The project also aims to strengthen the emirate’s image as a global tourist destination and enhance its tourism base to make it more integrated with environment and tourist attractions. It is a partnership between du, Jumeirah, Cream, Privity, DigitUs, International Culinary Centre for Culinary Arts Dubai, SquareCircle Tech, Travelex, Flyin and Pricewaterhousecoopers.
The Dubai International Financial Centre adopted “Digital Wills” to register wills using Blockchain links. This project will enable clients to transfer their properties to beneficiaries using a fast and secure process while complying with local regulations.
“Operation Kimberley” will modernise the verification process of diamond sources and their trade mechanisms. The Blockchain-based project will be capable of issuing global certificates related to the diamond industry by coordinating the activities of its 81 member countries.
‘Health Records’ is a pilot project by du aimed at unifying new digitised health records in hospitals and clinics by using Blockchain technology. The project will provide a modernised record system that is fast and efficient and capable of saving many lives.
The Council unveiled its seven new project during the Keynote Conference which was organised in Dubai to provide creative new ideas related to Blockchain technology and enable companies to utilise such technology to make digital transactions safer and faster.
The meeting discussed ways to develop legislation for Blockchain projects and provide applications to run such projects. It also stressed the importance of boosting efforts to design new projects by constantly updating the Council’s work.
- Five days left until Blockchain Startup Exscudo ICO - April 21, 2017
- Apptrade to Reward Crowdsale Participants with Three Percent Bonus - April 21, 2017
- Blockchain Technology Startup Humaniq Raises $3.8M and Signs Contract With Deloitte - April 21, 2017
- Monolith Studio Announces Crowdsale for TokenCard, the First Debit Card Powered by Smart Contracts - April 20, 2017
- Blockchain Co. SingularDTV Recruits Hollywood VP - April 18, 2017
- Factom Closes Extended Series A Round of $8 Million Following Harmony Product Launch - April 18, 2017
- Interview with Back to Earth founder Clay Space - April 18, 2017
- Ethereum Movie Initial Coin Offering Sell Out - April 18, 2017
- Insurtech Startup Etherisc Wins “Blockchain Oscar” for Innovative Insurance Platform - April 14, 2017
- India’s Blockchain Community Launches Digital Asset and Blockchain Foundation - April 14, 2017
- UK EPSRC Supports Seven Blockchain Projects with £3.6 Million - April 14, 2017
- Dutch National Blockchain Coalition Presents Action Agenda - April 14, 2017
- Broadridge, J.P. Morgan, Northern Trust and Banco Santander Successfully Complete Pilot of for Blockchain Voting - April 14, 2017
- Blockgeeks Labs to Hold Blockchain Hackathon in Toronto - April 14, 2017
- Exscudo network EON coins are available for pre-order - April 13, 2017
- One of Big Four accounting firms is now legal adviser of Exscudo - April 12, 2017
- Dash Cryptocurrency Signs on with Kraken - April 12, 2017
- Blockchain Capital Closes ICO – $10 Million in Six Hours Raised in Record Time - April 11, 2017
- Ethereum meets Hyperledger – Burrow Ethereum Smart Contract Machine to Join Hyperledger - April 11, 2017
- Porsche Announces First Blockchain Contest - April 10, 2017
- Fidelity Labs Joins IC3 Blockchain Group - April 10, 2017
- Global Graphchain Project FERMAT Announces Distributed Governance Model Featuring Contribution Contracts - April 10, 2017
- Coinsilium and Oraclize sign MoU to form Strategic Alliance - April 10, 2017
- Industry Thought Leaders Invest With Blockchain Capital in its Ground-Breaking ICO - April 8, 2017
- Novus To Launch Innovative Blockchain Advanced File Index System - April 5, 2017
- Lykke Announces OEM Services – Lykke Accelerator - April 5, 2017
- BitHub.Africa Announces ICO Campaign to Foster Region’s Cryptocurrency Ecosystem - April 5, 2017
- SibCoin: Siberia Down, China to Go - April 4, 2017
- Groundbreaking Blockchain Research to Feature at International Financial Cryptography Conference - April 4, 2017
- Exscudo, The Nextgen Financial System, Announces ICO - April 4, 2017
- A Film by Manuel Stagars – The Blockchain And Us Video Documentary – Released in Full - April 4, 2017
- Genpact Harnesses Blockchain Technology to Transform F&A Operations to Improve Cash Flow and Enhance Customer Experience - April 4, 2017
- Blockchain Startup TaaS Partners With Exchange Platforms - April 4, 2017
- Synereo announces Qrator – The First Attention Economy App - April 4, 2017
- Blockchain Capital Releases Offering Memorandum for Its $10 Million Digital Token Offering - April 4, 2017
- Lykke Announces Availability of Blockchain Startup ChronoBank TIME Token - April 3, 2017
- Blockchain Workspace Launches Blockchain Education Company in Amsterdam, Netherlands - April 3, 2017
- Blockchain Startup SingularDTV Goes Hollywood - April 1, 2017
- Ledger Raises $7m To Accelerate Worldwide Adoption Of Security Solutions For Blockchain And Cryptocurrency Applications - March 31, 2017
- Slock.it secures $2 million seed funding to build Sharing Economy Platform - March 31, 2017
- Open Source Blockchain Project MultiChain Adds Fourteen New Partners and Enters Beta - March 30, 2017
- Tokenization in the Age of Blockchain - March 30, 2017
- European Commission Proposes Blockchain Pilot to Examine Regulatory Issues - March 30, 2017
- BitPesa has Partnered with Bitcoin Company Bitbond to Improve Access to Financing for SMEs in Africa. - March 30, 2017
- Switzerland’s SIX Securities Services Develops Blockchain-Based Bond Issuing Solution - March 30, 2017
- Beijing Officials Demand Chinese Blockchain Standards - March 30, 2017
- Spanish Bank BBVA joins Hyperledger Project - March 30, 2017
- Alibaba to Tackle Counterfeit Food in China With Blockchain - March 30, 2017
- Cosmos Announces Upcoming Token Sale to Build Internet of Blockchains - March 29, 2017
- Blockchain Technologies Corp. Speaks Before Maine State Legislature Committee on Blockchain Voting - March 29, 2017