The Dubai Future Foundation has announced at the quarterly meeting of its Global Blockchain Council their new members as well as the adoption of seven new innovation-based pilot projects.
The council now consists of 46 members, including Dubai Trade, Dubai Gold and Commodities Exchange, Emirates, Moe Levin and Dubai Department of Economic Development.
“The global Blockchain council comes under the strategic direction of UAE leadership in position UAE as a global centre for shaping the future within the strategic sectors. The council also represents one of the major initiatives of Dubai Future Agenda, approved by His Highness Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, last April,” said Mohammed bin Abdullah Al Gergawi, Cabinet Member, UAE Minister of Cabinet Affairs and Future and Vice-Chairman and Manging Director of the Dubai Future Foundation.
“It’s important to continuously source opportunities that the technology of the future provides to enhance the peoples quality of life and create economic impact worth billions of dollars,” he added.
“The right application of the Blockchain technology, which is expected to have a market value of $290 billion by 2019, will contribute massively in elevating the level of the smart services provided to citizens from cost, time and efficiency perspectives. The council, which is only four months old, helped positioning the UAE as a global player in developing and applying Blockchain technology,” added Al Gergawi.
“With the new companies coming on board, the stage is set for further expansion of the council’s business. The new members will give a boost to the efforts to promote Blockchain as a future technology and its effective use in the UAE,” said Saif Al Aleeli, CEO of the Dubai Future Foundation.
“Proactive projects are crucial to implement such a globally advanced technology. The council aims to contribute to economic growth through the adoption of effective technological solutions to deal with digital transactions,” added Al Aleeli.
“FlexiDesk”, the first pilot project adopted during the meeting, comes in cooperation between BitOasis and the Dubai Multi Commodities Centre to find practical applications for Blockchain technology. The project is aimed at facilitating the DMCC’s transactions in line with Dubai Plan 2021 by accelerating services and achieving high efficiency at lower costs.
“Trade Flow”, the second project by the DMCC, will provide digital financial transaction services using Blockchain technology. The project will also help significantly reduce costs, increase operations security, unify transactions procedures and provide super-fast services round the clock.
“Dubai Points”, the third pilot project, aims to incentivise tourism in Dubai by awarding points to tourists when they visit a tourist destination, encouraging them to return and utilise their points. The project also aims to strengthen the emirate’s image as a global tourist destination and enhance its tourism base to make it more integrated with environment and tourist attractions. It is a partnership between du, Jumeirah, Cream, Privity, DigitUs, International Culinary Centre for Culinary Arts Dubai, SquareCircle Tech, Travelex, Flyin and Pricewaterhousecoopers.
The Dubai International Financial Centre adopted “Digital Wills” to register wills using Blockchain links. This project will enable clients to transfer their properties to beneficiaries using a fast and secure process while complying with local regulations.
“Operation Kimberley” will modernise the verification process of diamond sources and their trade mechanisms. The Blockchain-based project will be capable of issuing global certificates related to the diamond industry by coordinating the activities of its 81 member countries.
‘Health Records’ is a pilot project by du aimed at unifying new digitised health records in hospitals and clinics by using Blockchain technology. The project will provide a modernised record system that is fast and efficient and capable of saving many lives.
The Council unveiled its seven new project during the Keynote Conference which was organised in Dubai to provide creative new ideas related to Blockchain technology and enable companies to utilise such technology to make digital transactions safer and faster.
The meeting discussed ways to develop legislation for Blockchain projects and provide applications to run such projects. It also stressed the importance of boosting efforts to design new projects by constantly updating the Council’s work.
- Factom Launches Revolutionary Blockchain Suite of Mortgage Products - March 24, 2017
- Qtum Shatters ICO Records Raising $15.6 Million - March 24, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Sphre Announces ICO (Crowdsale) for Digital Identity Platform Called Air - March 22, 2017
- Kestrel sign ups to MTI’s blockchain driven solutions to deliver global growth - March 22, 2017
- The G20 Countries Should Investigate Blockchain Technologies to Build an Inclusive, Transparent, and Accountable Digital Economy for All - March 21, 2017
- Particl, a Distributed Marketplace Rethinking Privacy’s Future – Announced Seed Round - March 21, 2017
- ZrCoin To Do Initial Coin Offering (ICO) to Crowdfunds Commodities Option - March 21, 2017
- Canada’s Scotiabank and AlphaPoint Announce Successful Blockchain Trial - March 21, 2017
- Canada’s SecureKey taps IBM to put identity on the Blockchain - March 21, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Humaniq Launches London Office - March 21, 2017
- QRL Recruits Testers for High Security Quantum-Resistant Blockchain - March 20, 2017
- Blockchain of Things, Inc. Releases Paw Advanced REST Client Integration - March 19, 2017
- ConsenSys Named Official Blockchain City Advisor for the City of Dubai - March 16, 2017
- Bloq Launches BloqLabs to Connect Enterprises with Open Source Blockchain Innovations - March 16, 2017
- Multi-Million Dollar Research Institute Launched to Explore Blockchain Use Cases, Opportunities and Challenges - March 16, 2017
- Chamber of Digital Commerce Forms the Blockchain Intellectual Property Council - March 16, 2017
- Orebits & Symbiont Deploy Blockchain Technology to Digitize Gold Ownership - March 16, 2017
- Blockchain Capital to Raise its Third Fund via a Digital Token Offering in The First Liquidity-enhanced Venture Capital Fund - March 16, 2017
- The Exscudo Channels App Is A New Mobile Wallet And Secure Messenger - March 14, 2017
- Dao.Casino – Decentralising the Gambling Economy - March 14, 2017
- Chain of Points Adds American Internet Entrepreneur Jeff Pulver to Board of Advisors - March 14, 2017
- Nasdaq Releases NYIAX – A Blockchain-Enabled, Cloud-Based Media Trading Platform - March 14, 2017
- Lunyr Announces Crowdsale for the First Decentralized World Knowledge Base on Ethereum - March 14, 2017
- Coinsource, World’s largest bitcoin ATM network, Completes Historic Bulk Installation on US West Coast with 35 ATMs - March 14, 2017
- Bitwala Offers Bitcoin to M-Pesa Services in Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda, and Tanzania - March 12, 2017
- US SEC Regulators Reject Bitcoin ETF, Price Plunges, Recovers - March 11, 2017
- Google’s DeepMind plans Blockchain Health Record Tracking for Hospitals - March 10, 2017
- Coalition Forms to Address Digital Asset Taxation Uncertainty - March 10, 2017
- Livecoin, the Fourth Largest Altcoin Exchange Is Now Available in Eight Languages - March 9, 2017
- Australia Releases Blockchain Standards Roadmap - March 6, 2017
- Hyperledger Fabric Graduates with Honours – It’s Live! - March 4, 2017
- TaaS, the First Fully Transparent Closed End Fund Dedicated to Blockchain Assets, Adds International Banking and Marketing Experts as Advisors - March 2, 2017
- Kraken Acquires Cryptowatch and Launches New Trading Platform - March 1, 2017
- Switzerland’s Crypto Valley Association Founded To Build World’s Leading Blockchain and Cryptographic Ecosystem - March 1, 2017
- Massive Launch by Blockchain Industry for New Enterprise Ethereum Alliance - March 1, 2017
- Monax Joins Hyperledger Project, Brings Ethereum Technology - February 28, 2017
- Chain of Points Adds Internet Pioneer and iPayYou Founder Gene Kavner to Board of Advisors - February 27, 2017
- Chamber of Digital Commerce and Structured Finance Industry Group Partner to bring Blockchain to Securitization - February 27, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Bloq Acquires Blockchain Analytics Pioneer Skry - February 27, 2017
- Edgeless.io Launches its ICO to become the first fully transparent Casino, Offering 0% Edge - February 27, 2017
- Storj Labs Raises $3 Million in Seed Funding - February 26, 2017
- Northern Trust And IBM Pioneer Use Of Blockchain Technology To Help Transform Private Equity Administration - February 26, 2017
- 0x – An Open Protocol for Decentralized Exchange on the Ethereum Blockchain - February 26, 2017
- Global Blockchain Project FERMAT Announces Significant Alpha Release for the “Internet of People” - February 26, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Peerplays Raises $4m Before ICO Even Kicks Off - February 26, 2017
- Numerai Launches Cryptocurrency and New Hedge Fund Built By Data Scientist Network - February 26, 2017
- Disrupt the VC Industry? Brock Pierce and Blockchain Capital to Launch Own Cryptocurrency and ICO - February 26, 2017
- SoftBank, Sprint and TBCASoft Partner in Blockchain Technology for Telecom Carriers - February 25, 2017
- Lisk Introduces New Blockchain Technology Update - February 25, 2017
- Dash Partners with BlockPay to Enable Point of Sale Purchases at Brick and Mortar Stores - February 25, 2017