The Swedish Land Registry, ChromaWay and Kairos Future have released a Proof of concept with a white paper and a technical demo for registering and recording land titles that taps into Blockchain – showing the solution and the benefits for society.
You can try the demo here.
“Digital documentation of property transfers and good technology will enable confirmation for all parties in a real estate transaction of highest level of security. Being able to assign pending title deed is also something of value for all parties. Everyone will benefit from this,” said Mats Snäll, head of development Real estate registration, Swedish Land registry.
“The Swedish Land registry has become an authority in the forefront in Sweden. With this technology will we be able to continue to give support in foreign aid projects world wide. We are already involved in a project in Georgia with our fellow authority their. We support them in their work to enhance processes and establish real estate operations. Now they are also looking at a technical solution with the Blockchain,” added Snäll.
Today Swedish people sign several physical documents such as contract, bill of sale, and credit documents in a real estate transaction. These documents are sent by traditional mail, sometimes they can use scanned copies of the documents. If digital signatures are used by the parties involved the whole contracts can be digital, which simplifies the process and can still be secure.
“ChromaWay was the first organization in the world with solutions for registering contractual processes in the blockchain. We are proud to contribute to establish the technology for real estate transactions, an area we have been looking at for a long time,” said Henrik Hjelte CEO ChromaWay,
“Predicting the future is difficult and the blockchain technology is complex. By contributing to the creation of this demo and writing the white paper, we hope to increase knowledge in this area and stimulate innovation. The value for society of the technology can be beyond imagination,” added Magnus Kempe, Director Retail and Finance at Kairos Future,
The Blockchain can regulate and control the workflow and digital signage. The Blockchain verifies the correctness of the document and the rules and order of authorization with a technology for storing digital fingerprints. The fingerprints are unique for every document, register and process step, hence become a verification similar to a human fingerprint.
Digital contracts also reduce the risk of registering incorrect information and the inability to get title deed, the confirmation from the Land registry of ownership of the land. The proposed solution would make Sweden the front runner in this field.
“This is a very exciting project in the forefront of technology. It is also a project showcasing the value of cooperating in partnerships, in this case with the Swedish Land registry. We are challenging the status quo and investigating the opportunities to digitalize processes and services. The objective is to shorten lead times, increase security, and create customer value for the users of the services of the Land registry. This way of working will probably get more common and the preferred way industries and institutions converge to solve challenges for businesses and society,” said Magnus Leonhardt, head of business development at Telia Company’s Enterprise division.
“The first step in the project is now finished with a promising outcome. In the next step of the project we plan a further development of the technology in a test environment and with real estate agents and banks involved. To the next step Landshypotek bank has decided to be a partner.”
“With the next generation technology we enable real estate transactions to become more efficient, secure and easy to understand for our customers. We want to test and contribute to building an infrastructure that connects different actors and digitalise a manual process, which today is both time consuming and complex for the customer,” added Liza Nyberg, CEO Landshypotek Bank.
- Five days left until Blockchain Startup Exscudo ICO - April 21, 2017
- Apptrade to Reward Crowdsale Participants with Three Percent Bonus - April 21, 2017
- Blockchain Technology Startup Humaniq Raises $3.8M and Signs Contract With Deloitte - April 21, 2017
- Monolith Studio Announces Crowdsale for TokenCard, the First Debit Card Powered by Smart Contracts - April 20, 2017
- Blockchain Co. SingularDTV Recruits Hollywood VP - April 18, 2017
- Factom Closes Extended Series A Round of $8 Million Following Harmony Product Launch - April 18, 2017
- Interview with Back to Earth founder Clay Space - April 18, 2017
- Ethereum Movie Initial Coin Offering Sell Out - April 18, 2017
- Insurtech Startup Etherisc Wins “Blockchain Oscar” for Innovative Insurance Platform - April 14, 2017
- India’s Blockchain Community Launches Digital Asset and Blockchain Foundation - April 14, 2017
- UK EPSRC Supports Seven Blockchain Projects with £3.6 Million - April 14, 2017
- Dutch National Blockchain Coalition Presents Action Agenda - April 14, 2017
- Broadridge, J.P. Morgan, Northern Trust and Banco Santander Successfully Complete Pilot of for Blockchain Voting - April 14, 2017
- Blockgeeks Labs to Hold Blockchain Hackathon in Toronto - April 14, 2017
- Exscudo network EON coins are available for pre-order - April 13, 2017
- One of Big Four accounting firms is now legal adviser of Exscudo - April 12, 2017
- Dash Cryptocurrency Signs on with Kraken - April 12, 2017
- Blockchain Capital Closes ICO – $10 Million in Six Hours Raised in Record Time - April 11, 2017
- Ethereum meets Hyperledger – Burrow Ethereum Smart Contract Machine to Join Hyperledger - April 11, 2017
- Porsche Announces First Blockchain Contest - April 10, 2017
- Fidelity Labs Joins IC3 Blockchain Group - April 10, 2017
- Global Graphchain Project FERMAT Announces Distributed Governance Model Featuring Contribution Contracts - April 10, 2017
- Coinsilium and Oraclize sign MoU to form Strategic Alliance - April 10, 2017
- Industry Thought Leaders Invest With Blockchain Capital in its Ground-Breaking ICO - April 8, 2017
- Novus To Launch Innovative Blockchain Advanced File Index System - April 5, 2017
- Lykke Announces OEM Services – Lykke Accelerator - April 5, 2017
- BitHub.Africa Announces ICO Campaign to Foster Region’s Cryptocurrency Ecosystem - April 5, 2017
- SibCoin: Siberia Down, China to Go - April 4, 2017
- Groundbreaking Blockchain Research to Feature at International Financial Cryptography Conference - April 4, 2017
- Exscudo, The Nextgen Financial System, Announces ICO - April 4, 2017
- A Film by Manuel Stagars – The Blockchain And Us Video Documentary – Released in Full - April 4, 2017
- Genpact Harnesses Blockchain Technology to Transform F&A Operations to Improve Cash Flow and Enhance Customer Experience - April 4, 2017
- Blockchain Startup TaaS Partners With Exchange Platforms - April 4, 2017
- Synereo announces Qrator – The First Attention Economy App - April 4, 2017
- Blockchain Capital Releases Offering Memorandum for Its $10 Million Digital Token Offering - April 4, 2017
- Lykke Announces Availability of Blockchain Startup ChronoBank TIME Token - April 3, 2017
- Blockchain Workspace Launches Blockchain Education Company in Amsterdam, Netherlands - April 3, 2017
- Blockchain Startup SingularDTV Goes Hollywood - April 1, 2017
- Ledger Raises $7m To Accelerate Worldwide Adoption Of Security Solutions For Blockchain And Cryptocurrency Applications - March 31, 2017
- Slock.it secures $2 million seed funding to build Sharing Economy Platform - March 31, 2017
- Open Source Blockchain Project MultiChain Adds Fourteen New Partners and Enters Beta - March 30, 2017
- Tokenization in the Age of Blockchain - March 30, 2017
- European Commission Proposes Blockchain Pilot to Examine Regulatory Issues - March 30, 2017
- BitPesa has Partnered with Bitcoin Company Bitbond to Improve Access to Financing for SMEs in Africa. - March 30, 2017
- Switzerland’s SIX Securities Services Develops Blockchain-Based Bond Issuing Solution - March 30, 2017
- Beijing Officials Demand Chinese Blockchain Standards - March 30, 2017
- Spanish Bank BBVA joins Hyperledger Project - March 30, 2017
- Alibaba to Tackle Counterfeit Food in China With Blockchain - March 30, 2017
- Cosmos Announces Upcoming Token Sale to Build Internet of Blockchains - March 29, 2017
- Blockchain Technologies Corp. Speaks Before Maine State Legislature Committee on Blockchain Voting - March 29, 2017