The Swedish Land Registry, ChromaWay and Kairos Future have released a Proof of concept with a white paper and a technical demo for registering and recording land titles that taps into Blockchain – showing the solution and the benefits for society.
You can try the demo here.
“Digital documentation of property transfers and good technology will enable confirmation for all parties in a real estate transaction of highest level of security. Being able to assign pending title deed is also something of value for all parties. Everyone will benefit from this,” said Mats Snäll, head of development Real estate registration, Swedish Land registry.
“The Swedish Land registry has become an authority in the forefront in Sweden. With this technology will we be able to continue to give support in foreign aid projects world wide. We are already involved in a project in Georgia with our fellow authority their. We support them in their work to enhance processes and establish real estate operations. Now they are also looking at a technical solution with the Blockchain,” added Snäll.
Today Swedish people sign several physical documents such as contract, bill of sale, and credit documents in a real estate transaction. These documents are sent by traditional mail, sometimes they can use scanned copies of the documents. If digital signatures are used by the parties involved the whole contracts can be digital, which simplifies the process and can still be secure.
“ChromaWay was the first organization in the world with solutions for registering contractual processes in the blockchain. We are proud to contribute to establish the technology for real estate transactions, an area we have been looking at for a long time,” said Henrik Hjelte CEO ChromaWay,
“Predicting the future is difficult and the blockchain technology is complex. By contributing to the creation of this demo and writing the white paper, we hope to increase knowledge in this area and stimulate innovation. The value for society of the technology can be beyond imagination,” added Magnus Kempe, Director Retail and Finance at Kairos Future,
The Blockchain can regulate and control the workflow and digital signage. The Blockchain verifies the correctness of the document and the rules and order of authorization with a technology for storing digital fingerprints. The fingerprints are unique for every document, register and process step, hence become a verification similar to a human fingerprint.
Digital contracts also reduce the risk of registering incorrect information and the inability to get title deed, the confirmation from the Land registry of ownership of the land. The proposed solution would make Sweden the front runner in this field.
“This is a very exciting project in the forefront of technology. It is also a project showcasing the value of cooperating in partnerships, in this case with the Swedish Land registry. We are challenging the status quo and investigating the opportunities to digitalize processes and services. The objective is to shorten lead times, increase security, and create customer value for the users of the services of the Land registry. This way of working will probably get more common and the preferred way industries and institutions converge to solve challenges for businesses and society,” said Magnus Leonhardt, head of business development at Telia Company’s Enterprise division.
“The first step in the project is now finished with a promising outcome. In the next step of the project we plan a further development of the technology in a test environment and with real estate agents and banks involved. To the next step Landshypotek bank has decided to be a partner.”
“With the next generation technology we enable real estate transactions to become more efficient, secure and easy to understand for our customers. We want to test and contribute to building an infrastructure that connects different actors and digitalise a manual process, which today is both time consuming and complex for the customer,” added Liza Nyberg, CEO Landshypotek Bank.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017