Credits, the Blockchain platform provider, is now supplying its secure Blockchain-as-a-Service to the UK public sector through the Government Digital Services’ Digital Marketplace.
The Crown Commercial Service (CCS) awarded a place on the G-Cloud 8 framework agreement to Credits for the supply of distributed ledger technology (DLT), enabling the Credits Blockchain platform-as-a-service to be used by organisations across the UK public sector including central and local government, the devolved administrations, health, education, emergency services, defence, and not-for-profits such as housing associations and charities.
CCS acts on behalf of the Crown to drive savings for the taxpayer and improve the quality of commercial and procurement activity. Its vision is to deliver value for the nation through outstanding commercial capability and quality customer service. The Digital Marketplace is the official platform for UK public sector organisations wanting to procure cloud and digital specialist services.
The Credits Blockchain-as-a-Service will enable UK public sector bodies and their solution and managed service providers to build and deploy secure, enterprise-grade and interoperable DLT services.
“Credits is pleased to have been awarded a place on the G-Cloud 8 platform. We are excited by the huge potential of Distributed Ledger Technology for many different government and public sector applications, and are looking forward to working with UK public sector organisations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their services for UK taxpayers”, commented Nick Williamson, CEO & Co-Founder of Credits.
Blockchains are the cornerstone of distributed ledgers, a modern database technology that provides a complete history of financial and non-financial transactions. They provide a secure permanent record that cannot be manipulated by a single entity and do not require a central registry.
DLT can create more powerful and robust identity management tools, preserve data security, reduce fraud and costs for the public sector. Government departments and agencies such as the National Health Service, DVLA, HM Passport Office, the Land Registry, Department for Work and Pensions, and HM Revenue and Customs should benefit greatly from DLT, enabling them to improve digital services and increase taxpayer value.
In a recent UK Government report on the use of Blockchains, the Government Chief Scientific Adviser, Sir Mark Walport, wrote:
‘…distributed ledger technology[,] has the potential to redefine the relationship between government and citizens in terms of data-sharing, transparency and trust’.
Sir Mark highlighted several areas DLT could help with governance:
- Traceability in aid spending
- Protecting critical infrastructure
- Registering assets such as intellectual property, wills, NHS health data and pensions
- Reducing benefit fraud.
DLT has been actively supported by the UK Government since former Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne’s, 2015 Budget, and very recently by Bank of England Governor, Mark Carney:
‘The great promise of distributed ledgers […] is their potential to enhance resilience.’
Credits’ G-Cloud Blockchain-as-a-Service runs on secure cloud infrastructure powered by partner UKCloud (formerly Skyscape). The G-Cloud agreement follows Credits’ 2015 success in supplying its Blockchain framework to the Isle of Man Government, and the launch in April.
Credits is a Blockchain platform provider supplying distributed ledger technology software and cloud-based services, with tools for building secure and scalable Blockchains to power enterprise and public sector applications. The Credits framework and tools enable enterprises, government and the public sector to quickly and easily build robust Blockchains that address today’s challenges in establishing provenance, authentication and reconciliation. The Credits framework is purpose-built to be seamlessly and securely interoperable with legacy and other Blockchain systems. As a platform provider, Credits is able to leverage the growing use and investment in distributed ledger technology across all sectors and applications. Credits won ‘Best Blockchain Startup’ at the 2016 Europas Awards.
- IOHK and University of Edinburgh Establish Blockchain Technology Laboratory - February 24, 2017
- Liberland to Launch Online Startup Contest to Kick Off Smart Nation - February 23, 2017
- Blockchain Intelligence Group Launches QLUE Version Codename Deep Cove - February 23, 2017
- Lykke Crowdfunding – One -year Lykke Forward Offering - February 22, 2017
- Daimler AG Joins Hyperledger Blockchain Consortium as Premier Member - February 21, 2017
- Voatz and Clear Ballot to Explore Blockchain Technology for Remote Voting - February 20, 2017
- New Blockchain Smart Contract Token Developed By GameCredits - February 20, 2017
- Blockchain Could Be a New Operating System for the Planet Says Jeremy Wilson, Vice Chairman of Barclays Corporate Banking - February 20, 2017
- JAAK and the Guardian Initiative Announce MΞTA: A Blockchain Pilot for The Media & Entertainment Industry - February 18, 2017
- The StabL Project – Hadrien Charlanes Plans Stable Tokens and Derivative Products For Ethereum Blockchain - February 17, 2017
- Blockchain Energy Trading Trials Kickoff with Canada’s BTL Group and Austria’s Wien Energie - February 16, 2017
- Smart Dubai Office (SDO) and 1776 Launch Blockchain Challenge - February 16, 2017
- BOScoin, a New Cryptocurrency, Introduces “Trust Contracts” to Overcome the Shortcomings of Ethereum Smart Contracts - February 16, 2017
- European Commission Working on Blockchain – Plans Actively Seeking Pilot Partners - February 16, 2017
- Canadian Blockchain Company SecureKey Awarded U.S. Department of Homeland Security Grant - February 16, 2017
- Microsoft and KPMG Cut Deal and Kickoff Blockchain Nodes in Frankfurt and Singapore - February 16, 2017
- Global Blockchain Project FERMAT Announces Significant Alpha Release for the “Internet of People” - February 16, 2017
- Russian Blockchain Startup Exscudo Aims to Bridge Traditional Finances And The Cryptocurrency Market - February 15, 2017
- Active Year Ahead for Blockchain Solutions in Financial Services, says Corporate Insight - February 14, 2017
- BlockApps and Red Hat Cut Deal to Deliver Hybrid Cloud Solution for Blockchain Applications in the Enterprise - February 14, 2017
- Hyperledger Blockchain Turns One – Director Brian Behlendorf Updates - February 14, 2017
- The State Bank of India Initiates National Blockchain Bank Consortium - February 14, 2017
- The National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) Introduces Real-Time Cross-Border Blockchain Payments - February 14, 2017
- China Turning Hard to Blockchain – Focus on Fraud Reduction - February 13, 2017
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to Kick Off Blockchain in Heathcare Code-A-Thon - February 13, 2017
- Hexayurt Capital presents the Internet of Agreements at the World Government Summit - February 13, 2017
- EquiChain – Blockchain for Emerging Markets Post-Trade - February 13, 2017
- UK Government Approves Tramonex Labs to Issue Currency on Blockchain - February 12, 2017
- US Congress Buckles Down With Blockchain – Launch Congressional Blockchain Caucus - February 11, 2017
- Nick Szabo: Some Private Blockchains Qualify as Bona Fide Blockchains - February 10, 2017
- Bitfury Group and Government of Georgia Expand Blockchain Land Titling Project - February 10, 2017
- Expanse Project Announces Launch of the Expanse Bond System (EBS) - February 10, 2017
- WISeKey to Establish IoT Blockchain Center of Excellence in New York - February 10, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Coinfirm Gets $700k Growth Equity Via VC Funding - February 10, 2017
- Blockchain Health Startup Hashed Health Raises Nearly $2 Million in Initial Funding Round - February 10, 2017
- IBM Kicks Off Blockchain Initiative with Dubai Government - February 10, 2017
- Blockchain Pioneer Medici Ventures Invests in Factom, Inc. - February 7, 2017
- Canadian Blockchain Startup Equibit Raises Quarter Million Dollars in Day One of Initial Coin Offering (ICO) - February 5, 2017
- Blockchain-Fuelled Grantcoin Foundation Distributes Universal Basic Income (UBI) Grants To 1,132 People In 79 Countries - February 5, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Chronobank partners with NEM to create ChronoNEM wallet - February 3, 2017
- dotBlockchain Music Project Announces Partners - February 2, 2017
- Switzerland Promises to Ease Rules for Fintech and Blockchain Startups - February 2, 2017
- Netherlands’ ING Bank Completes 27 Blockchain POCs - February 2, 2017
- South African Blockchain-Based AR Game nears $1 Million in ICO Funding Goal - February 2, 2017
- The Wall Street Blockchain Alliance Announces New Blockchain Assets Working Group - February 2, 2017
- Tel Aviv’s Colu Launches Local Digital Currency for Liverpool – East London Next - February 2, 2017
- South Africa Mulling Over Blockchain Digital Currency - February 2, 2017
- Nine in Ten Governments Investing in Blockchain by 2018 Says IBM Study - February 2, 2017
- NATO Awards Estonian Blockchain Company Guardtime Contract for Next-Generation Cyber Range - February 2, 2017
- Microsoft and Tierion Collaborate on Attestations and Blockchain Proofs - February 2, 2017