Credits, the Blockchain platform provider, is now supplying its secure Blockchain-as-a-Service to the UK public sector through the Government Digital Services’ Digital Marketplace.
The Crown Commercial Service (CCS) awarded a place on the G-Cloud 8 framework agreement to Credits for the supply of distributed ledger technology (DLT), enabling the Credits Blockchain platform-as-a-service to be used by organisations across the UK public sector including central and local government, the devolved administrations, health, education, emergency services, defence, and not-for-profits such as housing associations and charities.
CCS acts on behalf of the Crown to drive savings for the taxpayer and improve the quality of commercial and procurement activity. Its vision is to deliver value for the nation through outstanding commercial capability and quality customer service. The Digital Marketplace is the official platform for UK public sector organisations wanting to procure cloud and digital specialist services.
The Credits Blockchain-as-a-Service will enable UK public sector bodies and their solution and managed service providers to build and deploy secure, enterprise-grade and interoperable DLT services.
“Credits is pleased to have been awarded a place on the G-Cloud 8 platform. We are excited by the huge potential of Distributed Ledger Technology for many different government and public sector applications, and are looking forward to working with UK public sector organisations to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their services for UK taxpayers”, commented Nick Williamson, CEO & Co-Founder of Credits.
Blockchains are the cornerstone of distributed ledgers, a modern database technology that provides a complete history of financial and non-financial transactions. They provide a secure permanent record that cannot be manipulated by a single entity and do not require a central registry.
DLT can create more powerful and robust identity management tools, preserve data security, reduce fraud and costs for the public sector. Government departments and agencies such as the National Health Service, DVLA, HM Passport Office, the Land Registry, Department for Work and Pensions, and HM Revenue and Customs should benefit greatly from DLT, enabling them to improve digital services and increase taxpayer value.
In a recent UK Government report on the use of Blockchains, the Government Chief Scientific Adviser, Sir Mark Walport, wrote:
‘…distributed ledger technology[,] has the potential to redefine the relationship between government and citizens in terms of data-sharing, transparency and trust’.
Sir Mark highlighted several areas DLT could help with governance:
- Traceability in aid spending
- Protecting critical infrastructure
- Registering assets such as intellectual property, wills, NHS health data and pensions
- Reducing benefit fraud.
DLT has been actively supported by the UK Government since former Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne’s, 2015 Budget, and very recently by Bank of England Governor, Mark Carney:
‘The great promise of distributed ledgers […] is their potential to enhance resilience.’
Credits’ G-Cloud Blockchain-as-a-Service runs on secure cloud infrastructure powered by partner UKCloud (formerly Skyscape). The G-Cloud agreement follows Credits’ 2015 success in supplying its Blockchain framework to the Isle of Man Government, and the launch in April.
Credits is a Blockchain platform provider supplying distributed ledger technology software and cloud-based services, with tools for building secure and scalable Blockchains to power enterprise and public sector applications. The Credits framework and tools enable enterprises, government and the public sector to quickly and easily build robust Blockchains that address today’s challenges in establishing provenance, authentication and reconciliation. The Credits framework is purpose-built to be seamlessly and securely interoperable with legacy and other Blockchain systems. As a platform provider, Credits is able to leverage the growing use and investment in distributed ledger technology across all sectors and applications. Credits won ‘Best Blockchain Startup’ at the 2016 Europas Awards.
- Blockchain Startup Binded Raises $950k in Seed Round to Democratize Copyright - May 24, 2017
- Waves launches Gatway for the Euro - May 23, 2017
- Netki & Bitt Production Release Underway with Caribbean Financial Institution - May 23, 2017
- Kibo Lotto Launched in Ethereum Test Network - May 23, 2017
- Deloitte’s Blockchain Team Unveils Prototypes, Research and Alliances at Consensus 2017 - May 23, 2017
- Swiss e-government startup Procivis releases integrated e-identity platform - May 23, 2017
- Blockchain Wallet Jaxx Announces Massive Expansion - May 22, 2017
- ShapeShift Launches First Trustless Asset Portfolio Platform - May 22, 2017
- Status.im and Bancor Protocol Cut Deal to Issue Tokens From Smartphones - May 22, 2017
- Future\Perfect Lab Launches Blockchain, IoT, Artificial Intelligence and Security Convergence Project - May 21, 2017
- Storj Labs Claims Number Two ICO Spot With $20 Million Raised in Less than Six Hours - May 19, 2017
- Starta ICO Announces Crowdsale for Eastern European VC Vehicle on Waves Platform - May 19, 2017
- SingularDTV Announces New 11 Application Ecosystem - May 19, 2017
- Storj Labs Launches Token Sale - May 19, 2017
- CORION Announces Full-Service Blockchain Platform to Build and Manage Any Business - May 19, 2017
- Luxembourg Blockchain Group Incorporates Infrachain a.s.b.l. - May 18, 2017
- Fintech Investment Group Launches With AI Forex Trading Platform And Compcoin Digital Tokens Ahead Of Initial Coin Offering - May 18, 2017
- IBM and Chile’s Santiago Exchange to Deliver World’s First Securities Lending Blockchain Solution - May 18, 2017
- Supercomputer Organized by Network Mining (SONM) announces ICO - May 18, 2017
- Digital Assess Wants to Use Blockchain Technology to Replace Paper Qualifications - May 18, 2017
- Aragon Smashes ICO Record Pulling in $25 million in 15 Minutes - May 18, 2017
- Bloq Launches BloqLabs to Bring Open Source Blockchain Technologies to Enterprise - May 17, 2017
- Wagerr (WGR) — Sports Betting on the Blockchain - May 17, 2017
- Avalon Life Puts Land Ownership on Blockchain, Launches GREEN EARTH ZERO Service with NEM Technology - May 17, 2017
- Swiss EY Team Joins Polybius Cryptobank as Advisors, ICO to Follow - May 17, 2017
- IOTA Announces $2 Million IOTA Ecosystem Fund - May 17, 2017
- Crypviser Blockchain-Based Encrypted Communication Platform Announces the ICO of CVCoin Tokens - May 17, 2017
- Blockchain App Puts An End To Medical Records Being Held To Ransom - May 17, 2017
- Report on Blockchain Start-up Marketing Maturity Shows Challenges and Opportunities Ahead - May 17, 2017
- BlockEx Partners With Winston & Strawn to Leverage Blockchain for Bond Issuance - May 17, 2017
- US Brokerage Petitions SEC to Get Moving on ICOs - May 17, 2017
- Silicon Valley’s Boost VC to Invest in ICOs - May 16, 2017
- Aragon Partners with Leading Digital Asset Exchange ShapeShift Ahead of Highly Anticipated Token Sale - May 16, 2017
- LuxTrust and Cambridge Blockchain Announce Privacy-Protecting Identity Platform - May 15, 2017
- Sphre Partners with Airbitz to Power Secure Blockchain-Based Identity Management - May 15, 2017
- Furtherfield Gallery – Blockchain Art Exhibition London - May 12, 2017
- P2pfisy: An Innovative, Cross-sectoral Perspective On The Ongoing Disintermediation Of Financial Systems. - May 12, 2017
- How Exscudo Helps You To Store Cryptocurrencies - May 12, 2017
- Blockchain-Fueled Waves Platform Integrated in Microsoft Azure - May 12, 2017
- Nick Gogerty Joins the Lykke Team as Chief Strategist - May 12, 2017
- Countr POS Partners with Coinify to bring Blockchain Payments to its Merchants - May 12, 2017
- Wall Street Fintech PR Agency, Wachsman PR, Chooses Dublin as European HQ - May 12, 2017
- London Crypofinancing Conference – The Future of Startup Finance – Initial Coin Offerings, Token Sales, Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain - May 12, 2017
- AST to Deliver Blockchain-based Proxy Voting Solution - May 10, 2017
- Cofound.it Launches Token Sale for Startup Platform - May 10, 2017
- Global Graphchain Project FERMAT Expands, Partners with Cicada - May 9, 2017
- Gideon Greenspan – Where Flexible Thinking is Preferable to Dogmatism – The Blockchain Immutability Myth - May 9, 2017
- Mathematician and Israeli Bitcoin Association Chairman Meni Rosenfeld Joins Bancor Advisory Board - May 7, 2017
- South Korea’s BOScoin announces ICO May 10th, 2017 - May 6, 2017
- ICO Token Raises Blow Past VC for Blockchain Investment in last 12 Months - May 6, 2017