Two Polish/UK Blockchain-focused companies came together last week will help bring digital currency and Blockchain transactions into the institutional and mass market.
One of the larger challenges for the adoption of Blockchain-based transactions and digital currencies by commercial entities and financial institutions has been compliance and fraud risk.
Specialized in Compliance as a Service for Blockchain, Coinfirm’s first product on their platform has provided one of the more unique and efficient solutions for AML and compliance to date. Billon is a Blockchain based payment platform with products like Quikpay or Billon.me, that have already been adopted in the market by companies such as Amazon’s Twitch. Together Coinfirm and Billon will implement compliance solutions for Blockchain, digital currency payments and the future of finance.
“It’s a vital time and a great opportunity for Coinfirm and Billon to come together. Not only to address compliance issue across Blockchain transactions but also provide a complete package that would allow any financial institution, company or individual to safely and effectively adopt Blockchain based transactions and payment systems. One is an innovator in Blockchain payments and the other is an innovator in the analysis and compliance of Blockchain transactions so it creates a powerful combo to push that progress,” said Pawel Kuskowski, CEO & Co Founder of Coinfirm
New regulations are impacting fintech and digital currency companies, such as the EU’s Anti-Money Laundering Directive that will apply new due-diligence controls and fight to end the anonymity associated with some exchanges. Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) have been of particular focus with these new directives and addressing them is crucial for the development of digital currencies and financial Blockchain solutions.
Compliance is a difficult and costly process to implement and is especially unique in Blockchain and digital currencies, but Coinfirm’s platform provides the next era of compliance with their solution. The combination of the compliance platform brought by Coinfirm and Billon’s specialized Blockchain can help eliminate the significant costs that many entities dedicate towards compliance. Financial institutions can spend up to 25% of their labor costs on it while some major digital currency companies have admitted to dedicating 20% of their workforce towards compliance.
Together, Coinfirm and Billon can provide compliant solutions that allow banks, financial institutions and companies to seamlessly adopt Blockchain and digital currencies.
Andrzej Horoszczak, CEO of Billon added:
“Blockchain is an important technology of the future. Major tech companies, banks and governments are already exploring it’s potential. The partnership between Billon and Coinfirm will aid in the adoption of Blockchain into large established institutions and new business models they develop will require specialized infrastructure that Billon provides.”
A Blockchain technology company with a specific focus on Compliance as a Service, Coinfirm built the first Blockchain risk and compliance platform as well as created the first Blockchain lab in Central Europe. Coinfirm brings transparency and security to Blockchain transaction while solving the AML/CTF/Sanctions and counterparty risk management problem. The Coinfirm platform is utilizable for many potential applications of Blockchain and lays a foundation for the adoption of digital currencies and Blockchain that ensures the transaction parties are compliant and operate in a safe environment.
Billon is a financial technology company that has developed the world’s first current account on a specialized Blockchain platform. It operates on existing currencies (i.e. GBP, EURO, PLN vs. cryptocurrencies), is compliant with all required European financial companies regulations and costs eighty percent less than legacy bank account. As a result new markets and new sources of revenue open for financial institutions. Transactions using Billon’s technology are secure, encrypted and five times faster than any existing online solutions.
- Hyperledger Welcomes New Blockchain Platform Partner Cello - January 20, 2017
- WISeKey and Stratumn Join Forces to Use Blockchain for Real-Time Accountability and Traceability in Enterprise Processes - January 20, 2017
- Blockchain Report – European Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA) - January 20, 2017
- FINRA Seeks Comment on New Report on the Potential Implications of Blockchain - January 18, 2017
- Finlync Designs ERP Integration to Distributed Ledger and Blockchain - January 18, 2017
- European Central Bank Considering Digital Currency – Cryptocash - January 18, 2017
- US Homeland Security Testing Blockchain To Track People, Goods Across Borders - January 17, 2017
- Israeli Tax Authorities Might Go After Bitcoin - January 16, 2017
- Senior US Regulator David Blaszkowsky Joins Canadian Blockchain Intelligence Group (BIG) Advisory Board - January 16, 2017
- Seven European Banks Cut Blockchain Deal to Facilitate Easier Cross-Border SME Commerce - January 16, 2017
- Marketforce to Host 2nd Annual The Blockchain Summit on 28th March 2017 in London - January 15, 2017
- Waves Platform Implements New Blockchain Scalability Approaches - January 14, 2017
- China’s Puerbank Group Launches Global Node for A Standardized Blockchain-Based Digital Currency in the UK - January 14, 2017
- DU and Guardtime Partner with Dubai’s NMC Hospital to Revolutionize Electronic Health Records with Blockchain Technology - January 14, 2017
- Report: Blockchain Slated to Become $8 Billion Global Industry By 2024 - January 14, 2017
- Blockchain Could Save Financial Services $110 billion over Next Three Years - January 14, 2017
- Russia Embraces Bitcoin – No Plans to Ban Cryptocurrencies - January 14, 2017
- Canadian BTL Group Completes Blockchain Pilot With Major Global Energy Company - January 12, 2017
- Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance and NTT DATA Cut Blockchain PoC For Insurance - January 12, 2017
- HfS Research Recognises VirtusaPolaris for Emerging Blockchain Services in BFSI - January 12, 2017
- Deloitte Launches Blockchain Lab in New York - January 12, 2017
- SWIFT launches Blockchain Proof of Concept In Hyperledger - January 12, 2017
- Blockchain VIP’s to Gather for Major Retreat This Month - January 12, 2017
- IBM Watson Health and US FDA Announce Blockchain Healthcare Data Project - January 12, 2017
- Equibit Development Corporation Sets $7 million Funding Target, Crowdsale Date - January 12, 2017
- US National Science Foundation Offers $8.5m in Funding for Blockchain Proposals for Cyberinfrastructure Security - January 11, 2017
- China Poised to Dominate Fintech and Blockchain Markets in 2017 - January 10, 2017
- Respectonomy Social Network To Tackle Censorship Using Blockchain - January 10, 2017
- South Korea Plans to Launch a Full-Scale Pilot Project on Blockchain-powered Financial Services - January 10, 2017
- Postal Savings Bank of China (PSBC) Announces First Blockchain Financial Service - January 10, 2017
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Releases Bullish Report on Blockchain for Clearing, Settlement - January 10, 2017
- Blockchain TV – TED Talk | How the Blockchain will Radically Transform the Economy | Bettina Warburg - January 10, 2017
- Alfa-Bank and S7 Airlines Close Blockchain Deal in Russia - January 10, 2017
- Life.SREDA and the Russian Republic of Tatarstan To Introduce Blockchain Technology For Public Administration System - January 10, 2017
- Union Square Ventures Leads $4M Funding Round for Blockchain Startup Blockstack - January 10, 2017
- US Department of Energy Eyeing Blockchain Solutions for Security – Seeking Proposals - January 10, 2017
- India’s Axis Bank to Use Ripple Blockchain for Cross-Border Remittances - January 10, 2017
- Georgia to Store Real Estate Documents in Blockchain System with Bitfury Group and Hernando de Soto - January 10, 2017
- US Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation Selects IBM, AXONI and R3 to Develop Derivatives Processing On Blockchain - January 10, 2017
- Grantcoin Foundation Expands Board of Directors – Distribution Rescheduled to Late January - January 8, 2017
- UNICEF, UK Home Office and BTCC to speak at London Blockchain Week 2017 - January 6, 2017
- American Company The Seam to Form Cotton Blockchain Consortium with IBM on Hyperledger Fabric - January 5, 2017
- Move over Bitcoin – MIT Cryptographer Silvio Micali and his Public Ledger ALGORAND… The Future of Blockchain? - January 5, 2017
- Blockchain to Play Role in Future of Transportation? UBS Teams up with ZF and innology SE to Make it Happen - January 5, 2017
- Blockchain Group Hyperledger Expands into China - January 5, 2017
- The Evolution Of Casinos – Next Generation Transparent Ethereum Smart Contracts Based Casino “Edgeless” - January 5, 2017
- Healthcare Sector Plans to Move Hard and Fast to Blockchain in 2017 - January 5, 2017
- Russia Eyes Blockchain Potential for National Payment System - January 5, 2017
- Bitfury Group Launches Global Blockchain Business Council - January 4, 2017
- India’s Yes Bank Enlists IBM to Help Build Blockchain Solutions - January 4, 2017