Two Polish/UK Blockchain-focused companies came together last week will help bring digital currency and Blockchain transactions into the institutional and mass market.
One of the larger challenges for the adoption of Blockchain-based transactions and digital currencies by commercial entities and financial institutions has been compliance and fraud risk.
Specialized in Compliance as a Service for Blockchain, Coinfirm’s first product on their platform has provided one of the more unique and efficient solutions for AML and compliance to date. Billon is a Blockchain based payment platform with products like Quikpay or Billon.me, that have already been adopted in the market by companies such as Amazon’s Twitch. Together Coinfirm and Billon will implement compliance solutions for Blockchain, digital currency payments and the future of finance.
“It’s a vital time and a great opportunity for Coinfirm and Billon to come together. Not only to address compliance issue across Blockchain transactions but also provide a complete package that would allow any financial institution, company or individual to safely and effectively adopt Blockchain based transactions and payment systems. One is an innovator in Blockchain payments and the other is an innovator in the analysis and compliance of Blockchain transactions so it creates a powerful combo to push that progress,” said Pawel Kuskowski, CEO & Co Founder of Coinfirm
New regulations are impacting fintech and digital currency companies, such as the EU’s Anti-Money Laundering Directive that will apply new due-diligence controls and fight to end the anonymity associated with some exchanges. Counter Terrorist Financing (CTF) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) have been of particular focus with these new directives and addressing them is crucial for the development of digital currencies and financial Blockchain solutions.
Compliance is a difficult and costly process to implement and is especially unique in Blockchain and digital currencies, but Coinfirm’s platform provides the next era of compliance with their solution. The combination of the compliance platform brought by Coinfirm and Billon’s specialized Blockchain can help eliminate the significant costs that many entities dedicate towards compliance. Financial institutions can spend up to 25% of their labor costs on it while some major digital currency companies have admitted to dedicating 20% of their workforce towards compliance.
Together, Coinfirm and Billon can provide compliant solutions that allow banks, financial institutions and companies to seamlessly adopt Blockchain and digital currencies.
Andrzej Horoszczak, CEO of Billon added:
“Blockchain is an important technology of the future. Major tech companies, banks and governments are already exploring it’s potential. The partnership between Billon and Coinfirm will aid in the adoption of Blockchain into large established institutions and new business models they develop will require specialized infrastructure that Billon provides.”
A Blockchain technology company with a specific focus on Compliance as a Service, Coinfirm built the first Blockchain risk and compliance platform as well as created the first Blockchain lab in Central Europe. Coinfirm brings transparency and security to Blockchain transaction while solving the AML/CTF/Sanctions and counterparty risk management problem. The Coinfirm platform is utilizable for many potential applications of Blockchain and lays a foundation for the adoption of digital currencies and Blockchain that ensures the transaction parties are compliant and operate in a safe environment.
Billon is a financial technology company that has developed the world’s first current account on a specialized Blockchain platform. It operates on existing currencies (i.e. GBP, EURO, PLN vs. cryptocurrencies), is compliant with all required European financial companies regulations and costs eighty percent less than legacy bank account. As a result new markets and new sources of revenue open for financial institutions. Transactions using Billon’s technology are secure, encrypted and five times faster than any existing online solutions.
- Disrupt the VC Industry? Brock Pierce and Blockchain Capital to Launch Own Cryptocurrency and ICO - February 26, 2017
- SoftBank, Sprint and TBCASoft Partner in Blockchain Technology for Telecom Carriers - February 25, 2017
- Lisk Introduces New Blockchain Technology Update - February 25, 2017
- Dash Partners with BlockPay to Enable Point of Sale Purchases at Brick and Mortar Stores - February 25, 2017
- Blockchain Interaction Unit (BIU) – No Internet, No Mobile Phone, No Computer. No Problem. - February 25, 2017
- Blockchain Banking Consortium R3 Gets Into Semantic Tornado Over Blockchain – Bitcoiners Jeer from Sidelines - February 25, 2017
- IOHK and University of Edinburgh Establish Blockchain Technology Laboratory - February 24, 2017
- Liberland to Launch Online Startup Contest to Kick Off Smart Nation - February 23, 2017
- Blockchain Intelligence Group Launches QLUE Version Codename Deep Cove - February 23, 2017
- Lykke Crowdfunding – One -year Lykke Forward Offering - February 22, 2017
- Daimler AG Joins Hyperledger Blockchain Consortium as Premier Member - February 21, 2017
- Voatz and Clear Ballot to Explore Blockchain Technology for Remote Voting - February 20, 2017
- New Blockchain Smart Contract Token Developed By GameCredits - February 20, 2017
- Blockchain Could Be a New Operating System for the Planet Says Jeremy Wilson, Vice Chairman of Barclays Corporate Banking - February 20, 2017
- JAAK and the Guardian Initiative Announce MΞTA: A Blockchain Pilot for The Media & Entertainment Industry - February 18, 2017
- The StabL Project – Hadrien Charlanes Plans Stable Tokens and Derivative Products For Ethereum Blockchain - February 17, 2017
- Blockchain Energy Trading Trials Kickoff with Canada’s BTL Group and Austria’s Wien Energie - February 16, 2017
- Smart Dubai Office (SDO) and 1776 Launch Blockchain Challenge - February 16, 2017
- BOScoin, a New Cryptocurrency, Introduces “Trust Contracts” to Overcome the Shortcomings of Ethereum Smart Contracts - February 16, 2017
- European Commission Working on Blockchain – Plans Actively Seeking Pilot Partners - February 16, 2017
- Canadian Blockchain Company SecureKey Awarded U.S. Department of Homeland Security Grant - February 16, 2017
- Microsoft and KPMG Cut Deal and Kickoff Blockchain Nodes in Frankfurt and Singapore - February 16, 2017
- Global Blockchain Project FERMAT Announces Significant Alpha Release for the “Internet of People” - February 16, 2017
- Russian Blockchain Startup Exscudo Aims to Bridge Traditional Finances And The Cryptocurrency Market - February 15, 2017
- Active Year Ahead for Blockchain Solutions in Financial Services, says Corporate Insight - February 14, 2017
- BlockApps and Red Hat Cut Deal to Deliver Hybrid Cloud Solution for Blockchain Applications in the Enterprise - February 14, 2017
- Hyperledger Blockchain Turns One – Director Brian Behlendorf Updates - February 14, 2017
- The State Bank of India Initiates National Blockchain Bank Consortium - February 14, 2017
- The National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) Introduces Real-Time Cross-Border Blockchain Payments - February 14, 2017
- China Turning Hard to Blockchain – Focus on Fraud Reduction - February 13, 2017
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to Kick Off Blockchain in Heathcare Code-A-Thon - February 13, 2017
- Hexayurt Capital presents the Internet of Agreements at the World Government Summit - February 13, 2017
- EquiChain – Blockchain for Emerging Markets Post-Trade - February 13, 2017
- UK Government Approves Tramonex Labs to Issue Currency on Blockchain - February 12, 2017
- US Congress Buckles Down With Blockchain – Launch Congressional Blockchain Caucus - February 11, 2017
- Nick Szabo: Some Private Blockchains Qualify as Bona Fide Blockchains - February 10, 2017
- Bitfury Group and Government of Georgia Expand Blockchain Land Titling Project - February 10, 2017
- Expanse Project Announces Launch of the Expanse Bond System (EBS) - February 10, 2017
- WISeKey to Establish IoT Blockchain Center of Excellence in New York - February 10, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Coinfirm Gets $700k Growth Equity Via VC Funding - February 10, 2017
- Blockchain Health Startup Hashed Health Raises Nearly $2 Million in Initial Funding Round - February 10, 2017
- IBM Kicks Off Blockchain Initiative with Dubai Government - February 10, 2017
- Blockchain Pioneer Medici Ventures Invests in Factom, Inc. - February 7, 2017
- Canadian Blockchain Startup Equibit Raises Quarter Million Dollars in Day One of Initial Coin Offering (ICO) - February 5, 2017
- Blockchain-Fuelled Grantcoin Foundation Distributes Universal Basic Income (UBI) Grants To 1,132 People In 79 Countries - February 5, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Chronobank partners with NEM to create ChronoNEM wallet - February 3, 2017
- dotBlockchain Music Project Announces Partners - February 2, 2017
- Switzerland Promises to Ease Rules for Fintech and Blockchain Startups - February 2, 2017
- Netherlands’ ING Bank Completes 27 Blockchain POCs - February 2, 2017
- South African Blockchain-Based AR Game nears $1 Million in ICO Funding Goal - February 2, 2017