The DECENT Software Sale (Initial Coin Offering or ICO) kicking off at 13:00 GMT Saturday, 10th of September, is a one-time opportunity to participate in a project that aims to tackle the future of media with Blockchain Technology by revolutionising online data distribution.
Join the Digital Revolution and help the DECENT Network to create the independent publishing platform for everybody around the world. To learn more about and participate in the ICO click here.
The core team behind DECENT, based in Switzerland, has already secured a €500,000 seed funding round earlier this year from Element Capital LLC, a US Chinese Fund, and has teams of collaborators in Ukraine, Luxembourg, Shanghai and Australia.
The ICO is a crucial point in the evolution of DECENT Network. It will create the decentralized nature of the network and provide resources for further development. The proceeds from the Software Sale will be primarily used to fund development of the future releases of DECENT, protocol optimization and its maintenance.
DECENT allows individuals or organizations to buy, sell & share genuine digital content without any third party influence or restrictions. It also serves as an anti-spam protection and reward for seeders/miners (or publishers in DECENT terminology). DCT is not just a cryptocurrency. It represents a fuel to the network, a software tool which makes DECENT work.
DECENT is a Decentralized Content Distribution Network that is OpenSource and utilizes Blockchain to ensure Security. It allows borderless publishing of any Digital Content. Intention of the project is to revolutionize Data Distribution on the Internet.
To reach its goals, DECENT aims to create a fully Integrated and Trustworthy Worldwide System of Digital Content Distribution in which the communication flow is secured and timestamped by the Blockchain Mechanism. Focusing on flexibility & sustainable development, DECENT Network provides infrastructure of linked systems which enables to set more intelligent international standards of efficient, cost effective & secure content distribution.
DECENT.ch recently clarified how will the funds from the Software Sale be distributed and introduced you to their future plans and their goal – to support DECENT long-term growth in multiple ways.
From the 35,000,000 DCT pool that will be allocated to DECENT Foundation after the Software Sale, 15,000,000 will be assigned to DECENT Foundation Investment Fund. Its main goal will be to ensure constant development and growth of DECENT Infrastructure. They aim to recreate the overall process of online content distribution by creating a user-friendly, secure, Blockchain driven media network.
To give people possibility to get the most out of DECENT Network, these funds will be used to support developers and entrepreneurs that will build applications on top of DECENT protocol.
As DECENT is from its very beginning meant to become the network of decentralized trust serving all the people around the globe, the implementation of DECENT Vote is the crucial point in the development of DECENT Infrastructure.
“After the start users will be able to vote for businesses / applications that they would like to have on DECENT Network. This will ensure that the future life of DECENT Network will be in the hands of those people who have become part of our goals,” stated co-founder Matej Boda.
Then a DECENT Investment committee will be set up to chose which projects are promising. Afterwards the chosen projects will receive an investment. DECENT Foundation will hold shares in those companies and support their development which will eventually lead to securing its operational costs and growth as well.
“We do not aim to create just another Blockchain app. On the other hand, our goal is to develop a network of individuals, businesses and organizations that will enjoy the advantages of DECENT and support the tendencies to create a Blockchain driven society. Therefore we give the community an opportunity to participate and support long-term growth of DECENT Network,” added Boda.
You can find more information about their goals in their Development Plan.
Don’t forget to subscribe to DECENT newsletter to receive the latest news and updates on time.
- Lykke Crowdfunding – One -year Lykke Forward Offering - February 22, 2017
- Daimler AG Joins Hyperledger Blockchain Consortium as Premier Member - February 21, 2017
- Voatz and Clear Ballot to Explore Blockchain Technology for Remote Voting - February 20, 2017
- New Blockchain Smart Contract Token Developed By GameCredits - February 20, 2017
- Blockchain Could Be a New Operating System for the Planet Says Jeremy Wilson, Vice Chairman of Barclays Corporate Banking - February 20, 2017
- JAAK and the Guardian Initiative Announce MΞTA: A Blockchain Pilot for The Media & Entertainment Industry - February 18, 2017
- The StabL Project – Hadrien Charlanes Plans Stable Tokens and Derivative Products For Ethereum Blockchain - February 17, 2017
- Blockchain Energy Trading Trials Kickoff with Canada’s BTL Group and Austria’s Wien Energie - February 16, 2017
- Smart Dubai Office (SDO) and 1776 Launch Blockchain Challenge - February 16, 2017
- BOScoin, a New Cryptocurrency, Introduces “Trust Contracts” to Overcome the Shortcomings of Ethereum Smart Contracts - February 16, 2017
- European Commission Working on Blockchain – Plans Actively Seeking Pilot Partners - February 16, 2017
- Canadian Blockchain Company SecureKey Awarded U.S. Department of Homeland Security Grant - February 16, 2017
- Microsoft and KPMG Cut Deal and Kickoff Blockchain Nodes in Frankfurt and Singapore - February 16, 2017
- Global Blockchain Project FERMAT Announces Significant Alpha Release for the “Internet of People” - February 16, 2017
- Russian Blockchain Startup Exscudo Aims to Bridge Traditional Finances And The Cryptocurrency Market - February 15, 2017
- Active Year Ahead for Blockchain Solutions in Financial Services, says Corporate Insight - February 14, 2017
- BlockApps and Red Hat Cut Deal to Deliver Hybrid Cloud Solution for Blockchain Applications in the Enterprise - February 14, 2017
- Hyperledger Blockchain Turns One – Director Brian Behlendorf Updates - February 14, 2017
- The State Bank of India Initiates National Blockchain Bank Consortium - February 14, 2017
- The National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) Introduces Real-Time Cross-Border Blockchain Payments - February 14, 2017
- China Turning Hard to Blockchain – Focus on Fraud Reduction - February 13, 2017
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to Kick Off Blockchain in Heathcare Code-A-Thon - February 13, 2017
- Hexayurt Capital presents the Internet of Agreements at the World Government Summit - February 13, 2017
- EquiChain – Blockchain for Emerging Markets Post-Trade - February 13, 2017
- UK Government Approves Tramonex Labs to Issue Currency on Blockchain - February 12, 2017
- US Congress Buckles Down With Blockchain – Launch Congressional Blockchain Caucus - February 11, 2017
- Nick Szabo: Some Private Blockchains Qualify as Bona Fide Blockchains - February 10, 2017
- Bitfury Group and Government of Georgia Expand Blockchain Land Titling Project - February 10, 2017
- Expanse Project Announces Launch of the Expanse Bond System (EBS) - February 10, 2017
- WISeKey to Establish IoT Blockchain Center of Excellence in New York - February 10, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Coinfirm Gets $700k Growth Equity Via VC Funding - February 10, 2017
- Blockchain Health Startup Hashed Health Raises Nearly $2 Million in Initial Funding Round - February 10, 2017
- IBM Kicks Off Blockchain Initiative with Dubai Government - February 10, 2017
- Blockchain Pioneer Medici Ventures Invests in Factom, Inc. - February 7, 2017
- Canadian Blockchain Startup Equibit Raises Quarter Million Dollars in Day One of Initial Coin Offering (ICO) - February 5, 2017
- Blockchain-Fuelled Grantcoin Foundation Distributes Universal Basic Income (UBI) Grants To 1,132 People In 79 Countries - February 5, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Chronobank partners with NEM to create ChronoNEM wallet - February 3, 2017
- dotBlockchain Music Project Announces Partners - February 2, 2017
- Switzerland Promises to Ease Rules for Fintech and Blockchain Startups - February 2, 2017
- Netherlands’ ING Bank Completes 27 Blockchain POCs - February 2, 2017
- South African Blockchain-Based AR Game nears $1 Million in ICO Funding Goal - February 2, 2017
- The Wall Street Blockchain Alliance Announces New Blockchain Assets Working Group - February 2, 2017
- Tel Aviv’s Colu Launches Local Digital Currency for Liverpool – East London Next - February 2, 2017
- South Africa Mulling Over Blockchain Digital Currency - February 2, 2017
- Nine in Ten Governments Investing in Blockchain by 2018 Says IBM Study - February 2, 2017
- NATO Awards Estonian Blockchain Company Guardtime Contract for Next-Generation Cyber Range - February 2, 2017
- Microsoft and Tierion Collaborate on Attestations and Blockchain Proofs - February 2, 2017
- Irish Funds and Deloitte Trial Blockchain Proof-of-Concept - February 2, 2017
- Cambridge Blockchain Raise $2 Million for Digital Identity Enterprise Software - February 2, 2017
- National Altcoins – a Toy for Market Sharks or Godsend for Local Communities? - February 1, 2017