ICONOMI, the first-ever fund management platform for Blockchains and cryptocurrencies, today announced that approximately $5.8 million in equity and operational capital had been raised through an Initial Coin Offering (ICO).
Developed by the team at Cashila, one of the first registered bitcoin companies in Europe, Ethereum-based ICONOMI is creating a disintermediated alternative to the multi-billion dollar fund management industry, “uberizing” traditional Wall Street. ICONOMI’s extraordinary potential has led more than 2,270 investors to raise more than $5.8 million thus far. In 31 days, ICONOMI has become the 20th most highly capitalized crowdfunding project to date.
Potential investors have three more days to invest before the ICO closes on September 29, 2016. At its close, ICO token holders will exercise 100% ownership of ICONOMI.
Backers of the ICO will be issued “ICN” tokens that function as equity shares in a new type of fund management platform specifically focused on Blockchain, the fastest growing sector in finance. According to CoinMarketCap.com, total existing cryptocurrencies are now valued at over $12 billion, rising from $7 billion at the beginning of this year. For the first time, investors will be able to participate in this rapidly growing market by investing in actively or passively-managed ICONOMI funds.
With full transparency, ICONOMI will provide the foundation, infrastructure, and guidelines for funds offered on their platform, with varying levels of expected yield and risk profiles. The first ICONOMI funds were revealed last week at Ethereum’s Devcon2 in Shanghai: ICONOMI.INDEX, an index investment fund comprised of a basket of popular cryptocurrencies that minimizes volatility, and ICONOMI.PERFORMANCE, an actively managed fund targeting higher yields and run by credentialed, expert traders. The ICONOMI Cryptocurrencies Index (ICNX) is now available for investor review, and both funds are expected to launch in Q4 2016. Additional, custom funds created by prominent traders will be available in 2017.
Unlike with traditional managed funds, ICONOMI investors will be able to easily withdraw or liquidate their holdings at any time, 24/7, through the sale of ICONOMI tokens on major exchanges or at any POS terminal through the use of the ICONOMI Visa debit card, which will be linked to account owner’s share of ICONOMI investment funds. All fiat funds are held at a regulated, insured, major bank and all cryptocurrencies are held by trusted escrow partners with multisig wallets. Asset security is paramount for ICONOMI developers, who have instituted state-of-the-art practices including a unique ICONOMI hardware random key generator, the extensive use of encryption, and multifactor authentication for withdrawals.
ICONOMI token owners, or shareholders, will earn weekly profit dividends in the form of ETH as soon as ICONOMI funds are launched. Dividends will come from the trading fees of investment funds under the management of ICONOMI and from the fees of investment funds of independent traders, listed on the ICONOMI fund management platform and in accordance with the fee split schedule.
Investors with fiat currencies purchasing tokens in ICONOMI’s ICO are subject to EU-wide AML/KYC compliance standards requiring supplementary verification for additional tiers of investment.
Tim M. Zagar, co-founder and Director of Operations & Business, said:
“ICONOMI’s success is proving that the idea of ‘uberization’ is best for far more than consumer-level services. There is tremendous demand for a platform like ICONOMI to cut out the middleman, lowering the barrier to entry for investment into cryptocurrencies.”
Jani Valjavec, co-founder and Director of Technology & Trading, added:
“What we’re seeing is that crowdfunding will be considered an option for capital raise in all sectors, even in industries as sophisticated as financial technology. With this funding, ICONOMI will have the resources to begin the inevitable disruption of finance.”
- Commodities Behemoth Testing Blockchain Tech with Crude Oil Cargo - January 21, 2017
- Berlin’s Neufund Blockchain Fundraising Platform Raises $2 Million - January 21, 2017
- Alibaba’s Ant Financial Aims for 2 billion Users by Bringing Blockchain Technology to Alipay - January 20, 2017
- ChronoBank Plans to Use Multiple Blockchains - January 20, 2017
- Hyperledger Welcomes New Blockchain Platform Partner Cello - January 20, 2017
- WISeKey and Stratumn Join Forces to Use Blockchain for Real-Time Accountability and Traceability in Enterprise Processes - January 20, 2017
- Blockchain Report – European Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA) - January 20, 2017
- FINRA Seeks Comment on New Report on the Potential Implications of Blockchain - January 18, 2017
- Finlync Designs ERP Integration to Distributed Ledger and Blockchain - January 18, 2017
- European Central Bank Considering Digital Currency – Cryptocash - January 18, 2017
- US Homeland Security Testing Blockchain To Track People, Goods Across Borders - January 17, 2017
- Israeli Tax Authorities Might Go After Bitcoin - January 16, 2017
- Senior US Regulator David Blaszkowsky Joins Canadian Blockchain Intelligence Group (BIG) Advisory Board - January 16, 2017
- Seven European Banks Cut Blockchain Deal to Facilitate Easier Cross-Border SME Commerce - January 16, 2017
- Marketforce to Host 2nd Annual The Blockchain Summit on 28th March 2017 in London - January 15, 2017
- Waves Platform Implements New Blockchain Scalability Approaches - January 14, 2017
- China’s Puerbank Group Launches Global Node for A Standardized Blockchain-Based Digital Currency in the UK - January 14, 2017
- DU and Guardtime Partner with Dubai’s NMC Hospital to Revolutionize Electronic Health Records with Blockchain Technology - January 14, 2017
- Report: Blockchain Slated to Become $8 Billion Global Industry By 2024 - January 14, 2017
- Blockchain Could Save Financial Services $110 billion over Next Three Years - January 14, 2017
- Russia Embraces Bitcoin – No Plans to Ban Cryptocurrencies - January 14, 2017
- Canadian BTL Group Completes Blockchain Pilot With Major Global Energy Company - January 12, 2017
- Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance and NTT DATA Cut Blockchain PoC For Insurance - January 12, 2017
- HfS Research Recognises VirtusaPolaris for Emerging Blockchain Services in BFSI - January 12, 2017
- Deloitte Launches Blockchain Lab in New York - January 12, 2017
- SWIFT launches Blockchain Proof of Concept In Hyperledger - January 12, 2017
- Blockchain VIP’s to Gather for Major Retreat This Month - January 12, 2017
- IBM Watson Health and US FDA Announce Blockchain Healthcare Data Project - January 12, 2017
- Equibit Development Corporation Sets $7 million Funding Target, Crowdsale Date - January 12, 2017
- US National Science Foundation Offers $8.5m in Funding for Blockchain Proposals for Cyberinfrastructure Security - January 11, 2017
- China Poised to Dominate Fintech and Blockchain Markets in 2017 - January 10, 2017
- Respectonomy Social Network To Tackle Censorship Using Blockchain - January 10, 2017
- South Korea Plans to Launch a Full-Scale Pilot Project on Blockchain-powered Financial Services - January 10, 2017
- Postal Savings Bank of China (PSBC) Announces First Blockchain Financial Service - January 10, 2017
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Releases Bullish Report on Blockchain for Clearing, Settlement - January 10, 2017
- Blockchain TV – TED Talk | How the Blockchain will Radically Transform the Economy | Bettina Warburg - January 10, 2017
- Alfa-Bank and S7 Airlines Close Blockchain Deal in Russia - January 10, 2017
- Life.SREDA and the Russian Republic of Tatarstan To Introduce Blockchain Technology For Public Administration System - January 10, 2017
- Union Square Ventures Leads $4M Funding Round for Blockchain Startup Blockstack - January 10, 2017
- US Department of Energy Eyeing Blockchain Solutions for Security – Seeking Proposals - January 10, 2017
- India’s Axis Bank to Use Ripple Blockchain for Cross-Border Remittances - January 10, 2017
- Georgia to Store Real Estate Documents in Blockchain System with Bitfury Group and Hernando de Soto - January 10, 2017
- US Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation Selects IBM, AXONI and R3 to Develop Derivatives Processing On Blockchain - January 10, 2017
- Grantcoin Foundation Expands Board of Directors – Distribution Rescheduled to Late January - January 8, 2017
- UNICEF, UK Home Office and BTCC to speak at London Blockchain Week 2017 - January 6, 2017
- American Company The Seam to Form Cotton Blockchain Consortium with IBM on Hyperledger Fabric - January 5, 2017
- Move over Bitcoin – MIT Cryptographer Silvio Micali and his Public Ledger ALGORAND… The Future of Blockchain? - January 5, 2017
- Blockchain to Play Role in Future of Transportation? UBS Teams up with ZF and innology SE to Make it Happen - January 5, 2017
- Blockchain Group Hyperledger Expands into China - January 5, 2017
- The Evolution Of Casinos – Next Generation Transparent Ethereum Smart Contracts Based Casino “Edgeless” - January 5, 2017