ICONOMI, the first-ever fund management platform for Blockchains and cryptocurrencies, announced today that their Initial Coin Offering (ICO) had raised more than $10.5 million. The final tally on their record-setting ICO, which was completed on September 29, is $10,576,227.91 invested from 3,498 investors from across the world.
Jani Valjavec, Co-founder of ICONOMI, said:
“We have a very tight timeline to follow. All our energy is focused on the development of both funds. ICONOMI.INDEX is already up, but we are in the process of transforming the first major index of cryptocurrencies into a formal fund that investors can buy into. To achieve this, the vital functions of the fund management platform must be further developed.”
“We are commencing with progression in both technical and new business development, including with legal and compliance. We are already cooperating with two prominent law firms and a highly regarded traditional investment company.”
The ICONOMI ICO becomes the 11th highest funded crowdsale ever, in any category, trailing only The DAO and Ethereum in crowdsales of financial technology. As described in the widely distributed white paper, “ICN” tokens will be issued to all investors on October 9, 2016, ten days after the close of the ICO.
Five different currencies were accepted during the ICO: digital currencies for Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Lisk, as well as US dollars and euros in fiat. In total, 6,901.277 BTC, 199,205.8296 ETH, 3,995,992,5646 LSK, $121,513.00 USD and €2,338,578.91 EUR were invested into the platform during the ICO.
ICONOMI today outlined plans to use the money raised to rapidly accelerate development, beginning with additional hiring, investment in new offices space, and the aggressive development of two funds publicized during the ICO.
ICONOMI’s first actively managed fund is intended to seek high yields, even when viewed in the context of the high-performing cryptocurrency space.
Co-founder Tim Mitja Zagar said:
“ICONOMI.PERFORMANCE will be all about actively looking for great investments, and the team behind the fund has extraordinary track records. We are hard at work conducting thorough research and due diligence on cryptos and have already identified promising investment targets.”
ICONOMI will invest all excess ICO proceeds beyond 10,000 BTC into the ICONOMI.PERFORMANCE fund. The organization expects that investors will appreciate this decision, asserting that profits gleaned will supplement the overall value of ICONOMI. Moreover, individual investors will benefit from the fund’s management fees, which are to be uniquely paid out in the form of weekly dividends.
As a transparent organization, ICONOMI will publish comprehensive reports on a periodic basis, similar to those developed by the Ethereum Foundation. Shareholders will be granted complete access and insight into ICONOMI’s ongoing expenses, a necessary requirement for the proper issuance of dividend payouts to shareholders.
The record total from ICONOMI’s ICO has brought mainstream interest into cryptocurrency investing.
“ICOs are unleashing the whole world’s creativity. Today, to realize a creative idea you don’t need to waste time and energy on start-up presentations. You don’t need to live in San Francisco anymore and investors are no longer asking your age and nationality.”
Zagar agreed, saying:
“ICONOMI’s ICO has flung open the crowdfunding doors into perhaps the last remaining traditional realm of business: the financial sector. We expect more and more fintech startups to be capitalized by ICO instead of through guidance by banks, VCs and other money representing the old economy. With cryptoassets, we’re reaching a tipping point that will revolutionize everything.”
- SmartContract.com, Used by SWIFT, Announces Technical Leaders as Advisors, Launches ChainLink to Connect Smart Contracts to Off-chain Data & Payments - August 22, 2017
- Synechron Partners with R3 in One of the Largest Distributed Ledger Consortium Projects of the Year - August 22, 2017
- Hive Raises $8.95 Million to Build Blockchain-Based Invoice Finance Platform - August 22, 2017
- Ex Ethereum, Stripe & Apple Trio Raising $1 million – Skipping ICO – to Crowdfund Blockchain Wallet for Banks - August 21, 2017
- Cindicator Brings AI and Collective Intelligence to Drive 47% Investment Yield Per Annum - August 21, 2017
- Cryptopay Plans ICO Based on Users Request - August 21, 2017
- Kybernetwork To Close Their ICO Whitelist Early Due To Massive Early Registration - August 20, 2017
- VR Startup DECENTRALAND Closes Token Launch with $25 Million Raise in 10 Seconds - August 19, 2017
- Napoleonx Plans DAFs (Decentralized Autonomous Funds) To Bridge The Gap Between Crypto And Real Assets Active Investing, Unboxing The Crypto World - August 19, 2017
- Lampix Image Mining for Augmented Reality - August 19, 2017
- BlockMason Announces First SEC-Compliant Public American ICO - August 18, 2017
- Tightened EU Regulations Enabling Blockchain Technology in Pharmaceutical Supply Chain - August 18, 2017
- Mark Cuban Portfolio Company Unikrn Seeks to Sell $100 Million in UnikoinGold tokens - August 18, 2017
- Dash To Host Its First Ever Global Conference - August 17, 2017
- LAToken Tokenized Apple Shares to Sell Them for Cryptocurrencies - August 17, 2017
- Sensay, Groundbreaking AI and Chatbot Company Launches Token Sale - August 17, 2017
- ICOBox Token Presale Attracts $8.3 Million - August 17, 2017
- Indorse, the Decentralized Professional Social Network, Receives Additional Backing From Coinsilium After $5.5 million Pre-Sale - August 16, 2017
- Decentraland Partners With imToken, Connext, and Bitcoin Suisse - August 16, 2017
- Ethereum-based Car Towing Aggregator CarTaxi Plans ICO - August 16, 2017
- Ukraine Government to Allow Foreign Investors to Purchase Real Estate Online with Propy - August 16, 2017
- Cofound.it to Launch Weekly Crowdsales through September - August 15, 2017
- Blockstream Satellite: Broadcasting Bitcoin from Space - August 15, 2017
- Dr. Christian Seberino – Houston Texas Blockchain Course Kicks Off Friday August 18, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Skycoin – Skywire Miner: Hardware for the Next Internet - August 12, 2017
- NSD and Waves kickstart development of Crypto Assets platform - August 12, 2017
- ICONOMI Introduces Columbus Capital As Its First Asset Management Partner - August 12, 2017
- Siberians to Launch ICO for Decentralized Betting eSports Platform - August 12, 2017
- Decentralized News Network Releases Alpha Update - August 12, 2017
- Gibraltar’s Fintech Sector Moves Forward – Awards Xapo E-money license - August 11, 2017
- AMBROSUS Partners with TREK THERAPEUTICS to Develop a Blockchain-powered Method to Track Quality in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing - August 11, 2017
- Outlier Ventures Becomes First VC To Hire ‘Head of Crypto-Economics’ With Appointment of Eden Dhaliwal - August 11, 2017
- Rivetz Raises $5.5 Million in RvT Token Pre-Sale; Public Token Crowdsale Begins Today, Capped at 200,000 ETH - August 10, 2017
- Leading Japanese VCs, Nippon Technology Venture Partners, FISCO Capitals, and ABBALab Inc all to invest in COMSA ICO tokens and XEM - August 10, 2017
- Binded Launches One Click U.S. Copyright Registrations - August 10, 2017
- Illinois Opens Blockchain Development Partnership with Hashed Health - August 9, 2017
- Jaxx and Cofound.it Partner to Give Best New Cryptocurrencies Immediate Liquidity - August 9, 2017
- GoldMint Project Plans to Provide 100 per cent Gold-Backed Stable Assets - August 9, 2017
- Launching a Blockchain Solution to Make Aviation Safer – Aeron.aero - August 9, 2017
- Blackmoon Financial Group Launches Blockchain-Based Platform for Tokenized Investment Funds - August 9, 2017
- SONM Launches Updated Platform With Discovery Algorithm - August 9, 2017
- AirFox Announces ICO to Make Mobile Data More Accessible and Affordable - August 8, 2017
- Golden Fleece Project To Expand Massive Altcoin Mining Ecosystem With Token Sale - August 8, 2017
- Notorious Lobbyist Jack Abramoff to Coach Bitcoin Activists in New Washington, DC-based Reality Docu-series from Blockchain Entertainment and Ignition Creative - August 8, 2017
- ATMChain’s Project In China With 7,000 Intelligent Media Screens ‘Goes Blockchain’ Through DECENT - August 8, 2017
- NEM.io Foundation Partners with Blockchain Global to Expand International Reach - August 8, 2017
- CFTE working with MAS to help ASEAN finance professionals acquire the skills of Finance 2.0 - August 8, 2017
- Rivetz International Partners with LAToken to Boost Marketplace Security on Mobile Devices - August 8, 2017
- investFeed Finishes Successful Token Generation Event - August 8, 2017
- Zen Protocol Unveils Testnet To Decentralize Finance - August 8, 2017