ICONOMI, the first-ever fund management platform for Blockchains and cryptocurrencies, announced today that their Initial Coin Offering (ICO) had raised more than $10.5 million. The final tally on their record-setting ICO, which was completed on September 29, is $10,576,227.91 invested from 3,498 investors from across the world.
Jani Valjavec, Co-founder of ICONOMI, said:
“We have a very tight timeline to follow. All our energy is focused on the development of both funds. ICONOMI.INDEX is already up, but we are in the process of transforming the first major index of cryptocurrencies into a formal fund that investors can buy into. To achieve this, the vital functions of the fund management platform must be further developed.”
“We are commencing with progression in both technical and new business development, including with legal and compliance. We are already cooperating with two prominent law firms and a highly regarded traditional investment company.”
The ICONOMI ICO becomes the 11th highest funded crowdsale ever, in any category, trailing only The DAO and Ethereum in crowdsales of financial technology. As described in the widely distributed white paper, “ICN” tokens will be issued to all investors on October 9, 2016, ten days after the close of the ICO.
Five different currencies were accepted during the ICO: digital currencies for Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Lisk, as well as US dollars and euros in fiat. In total, 6,901.277 BTC, 199,205.8296 ETH, 3,995,992,5646 LSK, $121,513.00 USD and €2,338,578.91 EUR were invested into the platform during the ICO.
ICONOMI today outlined plans to use the money raised to rapidly accelerate development, beginning with additional hiring, investment in new offices space, and the aggressive development of two funds publicized during the ICO.
ICONOMI’s first actively managed fund is intended to seek high yields, even when viewed in the context of the high-performing cryptocurrency space.
Co-founder Tim Mitja Zagar said:
“ICONOMI.PERFORMANCE will be all about actively looking for great investments, and the team behind the fund has extraordinary track records. We are hard at work conducting thorough research and due diligence on cryptos and have already identified promising investment targets.”
ICONOMI will invest all excess ICO proceeds beyond 10,000 BTC into the ICONOMI.PERFORMANCE fund. The organization expects that investors will appreciate this decision, asserting that profits gleaned will supplement the overall value of ICONOMI. Moreover, individual investors will benefit from the fund’s management fees, which are to be uniquely paid out in the form of weekly dividends.
As a transparent organization, ICONOMI will publish comprehensive reports on a periodic basis, similar to those developed by the Ethereum Foundation. Shareholders will be granted complete access and insight into ICONOMI’s ongoing expenses, a necessary requirement for the proper issuance of dividend payouts to shareholders.
The record total from ICONOMI’s ICO has brought mainstream interest into cryptocurrency investing.
“ICOs are unleashing the whole world’s creativity. Today, to realize a creative idea you don’t need to waste time and energy on start-up presentations. You don’t need to live in San Francisco anymore and investors are no longer asking your age and nationality.”
Zagar agreed, saying:
“ICONOMI’s ICO has flung open the crowdfunding doors into perhaps the last remaining traditional realm of business: the financial sector. We expect more and more fintech startups to be capitalized by ICO instead of through guidance by banks, VCs and other money representing the old economy. With cryptoassets, we’re reaching a tipping point that will revolutionize everything.”
- Kibo Platforms’ Beta Version Be Launched in the Beginning of May - April 25, 2017
- Distributed Cloud Platform iEx.ec attracts $12M in Three Hours in ICO - April 25, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Working Group – Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) – The Way Forward - April 25, 2017
- Blockchain App Humaniq’s HMQ Token to be Traded on Six Exchanges - April 24, 2017
- Five days left until Blockchain Startup Exscudo ICO - April 21, 2017
- Apptrade to Reward Crowdsale Participants with Three Percent Bonus - April 21, 2017
- Blockchain Technology Startup Humaniq Raises $3.8M and Signs Contract With Deloitte - April 21, 2017
- Monolith Studio Announces Crowdsale for TokenCard, the First Debit Card Powered by Smart Contracts - April 20, 2017
- Blockchain Co. SingularDTV Recruits Hollywood VP - April 18, 2017
- Factom Closes Extended Series A Round of $8 Million Following Harmony Product Launch - April 18, 2017
- Interview with Back to Earth founder Clay Space - April 18, 2017
- Ethereum Movie Initial Coin Offering Sell Out - April 18, 2017
- Insurtech Startup Etherisc Wins “Blockchain Oscar” for Innovative Insurance Platform - April 14, 2017
- India’s Blockchain Community Launches Digital Asset and Blockchain Foundation - April 14, 2017
- UK EPSRC Supports Seven Blockchain Projects with £3.6 Million - April 14, 2017
- Dutch National Blockchain Coalition Presents Action Agenda - April 14, 2017
- Broadridge, J.P. Morgan, Northern Trust and Banco Santander Successfully Complete Pilot of for Blockchain Voting - April 14, 2017
- Blockgeeks Labs to Hold Blockchain Hackathon in Toronto - April 14, 2017
- Exscudo network EON coins are available for pre-order - April 13, 2017
- One of Big Four accounting firms is now legal adviser of Exscudo - April 12, 2017
- Dash Cryptocurrency Signs on with Kraken - April 12, 2017
- Blockchain Capital Closes ICO – $10 Million in Six Hours Raised in Record Time - April 11, 2017
- Ethereum meets Hyperledger – Burrow Ethereum Smart Contract Machine to Join Hyperledger - April 11, 2017
- Porsche Announces First Blockchain Contest - April 10, 2017
- Fidelity Labs Joins IC3 Blockchain Group - April 10, 2017
- Global Graphchain Project FERMAT Announces Distributed Governance Model Featuring Contribution Contracts - April 10, 2017
- Coinsilium and Oraclize sign MoU to form Strategic Alliance - April 10, 2017
- Industry Thought Leaders Invest With Blockchain Capital in its Ground-Breaking ICO - April 8, 2017
- Novus To Launch Innovative Blockchain Advanced File Index System - April 5, 2017
- Lykke Announces OEM Services – Lykke Accelerator - April 5, 2017
- BitHub.Africa Announces ICO Campaign to Foster Region’s Cryptocurrency Ecosystem - April 5, 2017
- SibCoin: Siberia Down, China to Go - April 4, 2017
- Groundbreaking Blockchain Research to Feature at International Financial Cryptography Conference - April 4, 2017
- Exscudo, The Nextgen Financial System, Announces ICO - April 4, 2017
- A Film by Manuel Stagars – The Blockchain And Us Video Documentary – Released in Full - April 4, 2017
- Genpact Harnesses Blockchain Technology to Transform F&A Operations to Improve Cash Flow and Enhance Customer Experience - April 4, 2017
- Blockchain Startup TaaS Partners With Exchange Platforms - April 4, 2017
- Synereo announces Qrator – The First Attention Economy App - April 4, 2017
- Blockchain Capital Releases Offering Memorandum for Its $10 Million Digital Token Offering - April 4, 2017
- Lykke Announces Availability of Blockchain Startup ChronoBank TIME Token - April 3, 2017
- Blockchain Workspace Launches Blockchain Education Company in Amsterdam, Netherlands - April 3, 2017
- Blockchain Startup SingularDTV Goes Hollywood - April 1, 2017
- Ledger Raises $7m To Accelerate Worldwide Adoption Of Security Solutions For Blockchain And Cryptocurrency Applications - March 31, 2017
- Slock.it secures $2 million seed funding to build Sharing Economy Platform - March 31, 2017
- Open Source Blockchain Project MultiChain Adds Fourteen New Partners and Enters Beta - March 30, 2017
- Tokenization in the Age of Blockchain - March 30, 2017
- European Commission Proposes Blockchain Pilot to Examine Regulatory Issues - March 30, 2017
- BitPesa has Partnered with Bitcoin Company Bitbond to Improve Access to Financing for SMEs in Africa. - March 30, 2017
- Switzerland’s SIX Securities Services Develops Blockchain-Based Bond Issuing Solution - March 30, 2017
- Beijing Officials Demand Chinese Blockchain Standards - March 30, 2017