In yesterday’s meeting of The Chinese Blockchain Technology and Industrial Development Forum, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology and Software Services Secretary, Xie Shaofeng, said the Blockchain has brought new opportunities and challenges in the future to the software and information technology industries, according to Chinese media reports.
At the same time, a new paper was officially released called the “China Blockchain technology development and application of the White Paper” (2016 edition).
The Whitepaper has been in editing since early August. Multiple companies and institutions who have been committed to the development of the Blockchain Technology took part in the forum, including the Chinese Digital Technology Standardization Research Institution, Alibaba’s Ant Finance, Wanxiang Group, WeBank, Ping’an Insurance (also in R3), Wanda Finance, Onchain Solution and many others.
The Whitepaper highlights the status quo and future trend of the technology, analyzing finance, supply-chain, entertainment, smart manufacturing, social welfare, education and employment and many other application scenarios. It points out that the core path and standardization direction in the future.
Bitkan in China reports in more detail:
Finance is the Hot Spot
Financial sector is defined as the first application for Blockchain Technologies, including detailed scenarios like payment, asset management, securities, clearing & settlement and user ID.
Payment sector sees the greatest number of pain points. Cross-border inter-institutional netting, clearing and settlement always carry a tremendous amount of cost and manual interference. User-end and back-office payment expenditure remains high and causes trouble for small-amount payment services.
Once the blockchain technology is introduced, inter-institutional netting and conflict-settlement costs will be minimized and the efficiency improved. Moreover, lower costs and improved efficiency will force financial players to realize small-amount cross-border payment.
Multiple custodians dominate the asset management sector by overseeing stock equities, bonds, vouchers and so on. The sector is haunted by high cost and falsification risks. The Whitepaper points out that these assets can be integrated onchain, hence causing a disintermediation processs to allow asset holders directly transact with each other. Industrial infrastructure will function as the custodians, ensuring asset authenticity and compliance and as the bridge between custodian repositories and distributed ledgers. Distributed ledger platforms may access repository’s trusted assets securely.
For the security sector, the Whitepaper defines financial asset transactions as a contract among parties based on set rules. The blockchain is capable of fully expressing these business logics with CODES, such as fixed-income instruments, repos, swaps and syndicated loans. An automatic contract implementation can be guaranteed and visible only to counterparites involved.
Clearing & Settlement is the perfect breakthrough point for Blockchain Technology. Currently, different infrastructure frameworks, business processes and manual netting processes are all causing high costs and failure chances. The core character of the Blockchain Technology is that it simultaneously realizes value transfer without a trusted third party.
The Whitepaper considers two important aspects of financial transactions: payment and securities. Via blockchain and the creation of a digitized fiat currency / some sort of settlement instrument, the aforementioned onchain asset pairings can be cleared and settled in real time in a P2P fashion, significantly reducing the cost of value transfers and resulting in much shorter time for clearing and settlement.
Moreover, supply chain logistics and retro-anticounterfeiting, IP protection in the entertainment sector, information integration and interoperability in the smart manufacturing sector, transparency and publication in the charity sector…are all considered major pain points that are waiting for the Blockchain Technology to save the day.
The Path towards Technology Standardization
Though the development of blockchain technology is bourgeoning, a proper standardization is missing. Standardization is a must for all technologies for it reduces cost and improves efficiency for corporate commercialization, and enhances the security. More importantly, it is a crucial base for the government to make policies and implement regulation.
The international standardization of the Blockchain Technology is at its preliminary stage. Whether or not China can play an important role in the process and increase her influence will be largely dependent on early planning and swift responses.
The Whitepaper hence emphasizes on the standardization, and points the path towards it. It identifies the standard into 5 categories: the Basics, the Process and the Methodology, the Trust and Operability, the Business and Application, the Information Security. The implementation solution will set the system building at its core, and comprises of 4 steps: System Pre-Research, Standard Research, Trial and Promotion and System Improvement. Based on the timetable, the last step will commence no later than Oct. 2017.
The Whitepaper further argued for future preferential policy making for the blockchain technology. The relevant policies will support the major technological research, exemplary projects, entrepreneurship & innovation platform building, system solution R&D and public service platform building.
- First Ever Real Estate Project on Blockchain Launches in Amsterdam – ICO Today - June 26, 2017
- World’s first decentralized speech recognition platform plan to raising up to $3M on ICO - June 26, 2017
- A2B Direct to Launch a Blockchain Platform and Hold an ICO - June 24, 2017
- The ‘under the radar’ ICO, Populous. A platform tackling the Multi-Trillion Dollar international billings industry. - June 23, 2017
- Blockchain Startup TrueFlip Reinvents Business with 600 Year Long History of Fails - June 23, 2017
- EXMO exchange lists WAVES Blockchain Project - June 23, 2017
- Blockchain Startup DECENT Launch Date Announced - June 23, 2017
- Adex, A Decentralized Ad Network, Taps WINGS Platform For Community Engagement, Token Sale Value Discovery And Social Promotion - June 23, 2017
- Comcast’s Advanced Advertising Group And Participants Announce Blockchain-based Technology Platform - June 22, 2017
- Online Platform for Gamers to Release a Cryptocurrency for In-game Skins Trading; Launches an ICO - June 22, 2017
- Colu Launches Digital “Local Pound, East London” Currency to Empower Local Economies - June 21, 2017
- bitJob.io is Building a Student Employment Program on the Ethereum Blockchain – Launching ICO - June 21, 2017
- Blockchain Project Waves launches landmark USD gateway - June 21, 2017
- Status.im Raises $270m in Three Hours – Shattering Token Raise Record - June 21, 2017
- World’s First Mobile Data Exchange DENT Seeks to Disrupt Telco Market with Blockchain - June 20, 2017
- Financial Inclusion Company Everex Takes Home RemTECH Award For Ethereum Apps - June 18, 2017
- SONM Raises $42 Million in Token Raise - June 18, 2017
- WISeKey partners with the Blockchain Interface company RIDDLE&CODE to develop innovative solutions for securing IoT via Blockchain technology and crypto-hardware - June 17, 2017
- Bancor Announces $153 Million Raise, Largest Token Generation Event in History - June 17, 2017
- CORION Announces Final Coin Sale Details to Build its Revolutionary Platform & Stable-Rate Currency - June 17, 2017
- Enhancing the value of history with ZenDao – ICO announcement - June 16, 2017
- FunFair Announces Token Creation Event on June 22 for World’s Fastest Blockchain Casino Platform - June 15, 2017
- Blockchain Technology Venture Nimiq Announces Token Sale - June 14, 2017
- Outlier Ventures Makes Multi-Million Dollar Investment in Distributed IoT Marketplace ‘IOTA’ Through Major Token Purchase - June 14, 2017
- Bancor Token Allocation Event Smashes Record – Raises over $150 Million - June 13, 2017
- Consensys Introduces Omega One - June 12, 2017
- MetaX and DMA Join Forces to Launch adChain: a Blockchain Solution to Digital Advertising Fraud - June 12, 2017
- Aeternity Raises $24 million Over Phase Two of Token Sale - June 12, 2017
- HyperChain Capital announces Collaboration and Investment in CoinDash - June 12, 2017
- Community-Driven Cryptocurrency Credits Announces First Public Release - June 12, 2017
- Bancor Protocol Foundation Announces New Partners Before Upcoming Token Allocation Event - June 12, 2017
- Investors from Russia are launching a venture fund formed on blockchain - June 12, 2017
- Bancor Adds Heavyweight Advisory Team to their Foundation – Token Allocation Event Kicks off Today - June 12, 2017
- Bancor Protocol Foundation Adds Author and Euro Designer Bernard Lietaer as Chief Monetary Architect - June 10, 2017
- Russian Billionaire Announces Business Incubator on Waves Platform - June 9, 2017
- Bancor Launches Crowdfunding Valuation And Promotion Via Wings Dao On Ethereum - June 9, 2017
- Coinsilium invests in Indorse.io Decentralised Professional Network - June 8, 2017
- Cofound.it Breaks Pre-Sale Record, Selling Out With Priority Pass Before Public Token Sale - June 7, 2017
- Cofound.it Token Pre-Sale Reaches $5 Million Threshold Within Three Hours, Announces First Three Projects - June 5, 2017
- Blockchain Startup DECENT Testnet #2 Launched! - June 4, 2017
- Blockchain Challenge Dubai Announces Winners- Awarded $45,000 - June 4, 2017
- Waves Ceo Sasha Ivanov: Blockchain Will Lead To Rapid Progress Not Only In State Administration, But Also In Business - June 4, 2017
- Exscudo ICO Successfully Concluded – $5M Dollars Raised - June 1, 2017
- Aventus launches Ethereum-based Event Ticketing Solution - June 1, 2017
- Brave Token Sale Blasts Records With $35 Million in 30 Seconds - June 1, 2017
- Japanese Blockchain Startup releases VALU – Social Media Value That Can Be Traded - May 31, 2017
- MetaX and ConsenSys Announce adToken Sale June 26, 2017 - May 31, 2017
- Blockchain Indy Production Start Up to make a TV Series about the Bitcoin Revolution. Fans invest to help tell the story! - May 31, 2017
- Chat Platform Kik to Integrate Kin Token as First Mainstream Adoption of Cryptocurrency - May 31, 2017
- VPN Blockchain Startup Mysterium Network Raises 68,629 ETH ($14,358,975 USD) in under 45 minutes - May 30, 2017