After a delay of two weeks – Inchain’s Initial Coin Offering (ICO), which was slated to kick off on the 12th of October, will now be starting on this week at 00:00 GMT on Wednesday, October 26th. The Blockchain startup opted to step back and further organise before relaunching the drive for funding.
They reported the reasons in their Medium blog ten days ago.
Given the complexity of the issue and a lack of examples where really thoughtful approaches have been exploited (some interesting analysis is here and here, we have decided postponing the start of our ICO for two weeks, just to be sure that we offer and deliver the best possible way of establishing our platform from the legal point of view.
The InChain team plan is to first build Blockchain insurance products for the cryptocurrency community then expand into more comprehensive industry solutions for the general insurance industry within two years.
InChain is a decentralised insurance platform that mitigates risks associated with total or partial losses of crypto assets due to cyber attacks and hacks. They have placed Ethereum smart contracts at the core of the platform so it requires minimal human involvement and it implements insurance and insurance bond servicing mechanisms as smart contracts.
To manage the insurance fund efficiently and earn healthy returns for Inchain token holders—as well as to pay out bond coupons—a certain part of the fund is invested in various assets and ventures in accordance with the strategies approved by token holders.
Everyone who purchases Inchain tokens during the ICO receives them to his personal account. Straight after the ICO completion, all Inchain tokens will be transferred to token holders’ wallets. There are two ways to access the tokens: Inchain web wallets or MIST Ethereum wallets. They will post detailed instructions for both options.
Distribution: 100 million in total, 85 million distributed to users, 15 million for core activities.
• 1 million for preICO and postICO bounties;
• 5 million for strategic partners, consulting and auditing;
• 9 million for the development team;
Initial Rate: No set rate; 85 million will be distributed based on the total amount collected.
Discounts for early investors:
• Day 1-7 20%;
• Day 8-14 10%;
• Day 15-21 5%;
No discounts after Day 21.
The following mechanisms maintain the financial stability of the platform:
- InChain transfers risks to investors by issuing insurance-linked bonds. Investors take on the underlying risks and receive coupons as rewards.
- The insurance funds are managed by token holders, who choose investment strategies through voting. Investment returns are spent on bond coupons and then dividends are paid to token holders.
“The basic principles behind InChain’s organisation and functioning are security and stability enhancement for cryptoeconomy in general, as well as heating up the world community’s interest towards Blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies,” the project’s founders Sergei Primachik and Dmitri Lazarichev said.
The platform would enable any cryptocurrency user to ensure their assets against hack, technological risks and other problems that may entail full or partial loss of the assets. Additionally, InChain offers investment options and governance of an insurance fund via a DAO.
Apart from creating tools to insure the risks, the team has elaborated a system of insurance crypto-token bonds. It enables any player of cryptoeconomy to invest by purchasing insurance bonds and receiving passive revenue in the form of coupon payments for obligations in exchange for taking risks in case insured events occur.
“InChain provides tools for two user groups: those who own cryptoassets, like Bitcoin or Ethereum, and wish to insure their risks; and those willing to invest their cryptoassets in order to gain profits from the investment,” the platform’s representatives elaborated.
With Inchain’s convenient and highly intuitive interface, users set desired insurance parameters, and the platform will generate the appropriate smart contracts. The contracts manage the insurance policies and any payments made on claims. Inchain insurance oracles constantly monitor insured events.
Inchain provides three types of analytics:
- Insurance analytics for observing the number of policies issued, their durations, service providers and rankings, as well as overall market snapshots and news.
- Bond analytics for watching the current states of initial and secondary markets, bond yields, rankings, maturity and durations.
- Insurance fund analytics for assessing ROI on different portfolios, asset allocations and news within the insurance industry.
Their decentralised trading exchange provides a variety of investment opportunities for users who want to buy and sell bonds and efficiently manage their fixed-income crypto portfolios.
All Inchain token holders may proactively participate in managing the insurance fund. Instruments for transparent voting ease the process of reaching consensus.
To recap, InChain incorporates the following items:
- Decentralization with smart contracts
- Decentralised insurance as risk mitigation tool for cryptoeconomy
- Insurance token bonds as investment tools
- A DAO to manage the insurance fund’s investment activities.
- Click here to go to the InChain ICO page
- Click here to view Inchain Whitepaper
- Click here to go to the Inchain announcement on bitcointalk.com
- Everex Announces Mobile Blockchain-powered Microfinance And Fiat Transfer Platform - May 28, 2017
- $3.7 Million Collected in ICO on the Waves Blockchain Platform for Construction of Production Facility in Russia - May 28, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Aeternity to Launch Phase Two of Contribution Campaign on May 29th, 2017 - May 28, 2017
- Founder and CEO of eToro, Yoni Assia, Joins Bancor Protocol Advisory Board - May 25, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Exscudo Rolls Out EON Source Code On GitHub - May 24, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Binded Raises $950k in Seed Round to Democratize Copyright - May 24, 2017
- Waves launches Gatway for the Euro - May 23, 2017
- Netki & Bitt Production Release Underway with Caribbean Financial Institution - May 23, 2017
- Kibo Lotto Launched in Ethereum Test Network - May 23, 2017
- Deloitte’s Blockchain Team Unveils Prototypes, Research and Alliances at Consensus 2017 - May 23, 2017
- Swiss e-government startup Procivis releases integrated e-identity platform - May 23, 2017
- Blockchain Wallet Jaxx Announces Massive Expansion - May 22, 2017
- ShapeShift Launches First Trustless Asset Portfolio Platform - May 22, 2017
- Status.im and Bancor Protocol Cut Deal to Issue Tokens From Smartphones - May 22, 2017
- Future\Perfect Lab Launches Blockchain, IoT, Artificial Intelligence and Security Convergence Project - May 21, 2017
- Storj Labs Claims Number Two ICO Spot With $20 Million Raised in Less than Six Hours - May 19, 2017
- Starta ICO Announces Crowdsale for Eastern European VC Vehicle on Waves Platform - May 19, 2017
- SingularDTV Announces New 11 Application Ecosystem - May 19, 2017
- Storj Labs Launches Token Sale - May 19, 2017
- CORION Announces Full-Service Blockchain Platform to Build and Manage Any Business - May 19, 2017
- Luxembourg Blockchain Group Incorporates Infrachain a.s.b.l. - May 18, 2017
- Fintech Investment Group Launches With AI Forex Trading Platform And Compcoin Digital Tokens Ahead Of Initial Coin Offering - May 18, 2017
- IBM and Chile’s Santiago Exchange to Deliver World’s First Securities Lending Blockchain Solution - May 18, 2017
- Supercomputer Organized by Network Mining (SONM) announces ICO - May 18, 2017
- Digital Assess Wants to Use Blockchain Technology to Replace Paper Qualifications - May 18, 2017
- Aragon Smashes ICO Record Pulling in $25 million in 15 Minutes - May 18, 2017
- Bloq Launches BloqLabs to Bring Open Source Blockchain Technologies to Enterprise - May 17, 2017
- Wagerr (WGR) — Sports Betting on the Blockchain - May 17, 2017
- Avalon Life Puts Land Ownership on Blockchain, Launches GREEN EARTH ZERO Service with NEM Technology - May 17, 2017
- Swiss EY Team Joins Polybius Cryptobank as Advisors, ICO to Follow - May 17, 2017
- IOTA Announces $2 Million IOTA Ecosystem Fund - May 17, 2017
- Crypviser Blockchain-Based Encrypted Communication Platform Announces the ICO of CVCoin Tokens - May 17, 2017
- Blockchain App Puts An End To Medical Records Being Held To Ransom - May 17, 2017
- Report on Blockchain Start-up Marketing Maturity Shows Challenges and Opportunities Ahead - May 17, 2017
- BlockEx Partners With Winston & Strawn to Leverage Blockchain for Bond Issuance - May 17, 2017
- US Brokerage Petitions SEC to Get Moving on ICOs - May 17, 2017
- Silicon Valley’s Boost VC to Invest in ICOs - May 16, 2017
- Aragon Partners with Leading Digital Asset Exchange ShapeShift Ahead of Highly Anticipated Token Sale - May 16, 2017
- LuxTrust and Cambridge Blockchain Announce Privacy-Protecting Identity Platform - May 15, 2017
- Sphre Partners with Airbitz to Power Secure Blockchain-Based Identity Management - May 15, 2017
- Furtherfield Gallery – Blockchain Art Exhibition London - May 12, 2017
- P2pfisy: An Innovative, Cross-sectoral Perspective On The Ongoing Disintermediation Of Financial Systems. - May 12, 2017
- How Exscudo Helps You To Store Cryptocurrencies - May 12, 2017
- Blockchain-Fueled Waves Platform Integrated in Microsoft Azure - May 12, 2017
- Nick Gogerty Joins the Lykke Team as Chief Strategist - May 12, 2017
- Countr POS Partners with Coinify to bring Blockchain Payments to its Merchants - May 12, 2017
- Wall Street Fintech PR Agency, Wachsman PR, Chooses Dublin as European HQ - May 12, 2017
- London Crypofinancing Conference – The Future of Startup Finance – Initial Coin Offerings, Token Sales, Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain - May 12, 2017
- AST to Deliver Blockchain-based Proxy Voting Solution - May 10, 2017
- Cofound.it Launches Token Sale for Startup Platform - May 10, 2017