Acronis,an hybrid cloud data protection company has released Acronis Storage, a software-defined storage product with Blockchain-based data authentication and universal file with block and object support.
Acronis Storage addresses the issue of integrity, safety and authenticity of customers’ data stored on their servers with a fast, universal, safe, easy, scale-out, cost-efficient, proven software-defined storage solution with Acronis CloudRAID and Acronis Notary. With Blockchain immutable validation, Acronis Storage unites block, file, and object workloads using commodity hardware.
Based on Acronis Hybrid Cloud Architecture and together with Acronis Backup, Disaster Recovery, Acronis Files Cloud, and Monitoring, Acronis Storage completes the product set available to Service Providers enabling them to meet the needs of their customers in the most efficient way.
“Digital world is all around us. Just like many of our partners, Scuderia Toro Rosso fully depends on data. Our success on the track depends on data availability, making data protection a critical element in our business. We are proud to use Acronis technology to store and protect our most valuable asset — data,” said Scuderia Toro Rosso Team Principal Franz Tost.
Acronis and Scuderia Toro Rosso will celebrate the launch of Acronis Storage together with partners and customers at Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas, during the United States Grand Prix this weekend. Toro Rosso is part of the most technologically advanced and data intensive sport, and Acronis has the technology to store and protect valuable data. The partnership between the two companies is a perfect example of technological collaboration, innovation, and understanding the needs of today’s always-on digital world.
Acronis Storage is fast. It delivers high speed performance through SSD caching, auto load balancing, auto data distribution, and parallel replication. Internal tests, for example, showed that Acronis Storage is 5 times faster than Ceph.
Acronis Storage is universal. Acronis Storage provides a universal solution for all data storage needs — hot and cold, and currently supports block and object data and will support files in the next update. It provides a complete set of industry standard storage connectivity and APIs including Amazon S3 and iSCSI.
Acronis Storage is safe. It provides configurable levels of redundancy for stored data through Acronis CloudRAID and allows data authenticity verification through Blockchain-based immutable logging and watermarking.
Acronis Storage is efficient. Acronis Storage enables Service Providers to control the TCO of their storage infrastructure and increase storage capacity from GB to PB without hurting the budget. For example, compared to Ceph, Acronis Storage delivers up to 55% lower TCO. It is achieved through lower hardware resource usage, adjustable redundancy, smart automation, better resource management, and, powerful centralized web-based management console.
Acronis Storage is proven. With five years on the market powering Acronis’ own global cloud infrastructure, Acronis Storage has undergone rigorous testing in the real world. The 2nd Generation software is currently powering a global network of 12 data centers, protecting over 50PB of data for more than 125,000 devices.
- Acronis CloudRAID leverages erasure-coding technology to reconstruct protected data from data chunks and parity information stored elsewhere in the storage cluster. It means that each added storage node makes Acronis Storage more resilient to hardware failures due to faster recovery times.
- Acronis Notary with Blockchain is the world’s first integration of Blockchain into software-defined storage and data protection solutions. Acronis Notary™ with Blockchain generates a time-stamped hash, or fingerprint, of protected data and stores it in Ethereum, a public Blockchain-based distributed computing platform. By comparing two fingerprints of the same data, Acronis Storage is able to verify immutability, authenticity, and integrity of stored data.
“Acronis is the first data protection company to adopt the Blockchain as a data notarization platform. We are delighted to work with Acronis and look forward to developing the Ethereum ecosystem for the benefit of all users,” said The Ethereum Foundation’s chief scientist, Vitalik Buterin.
Acronis Storage is suitable for all Service Providers, business and organizations who have the need to manage their data storage capacity without any downtime. With five minutes to install and 14 clicks to configure, it can be installed and managed even by those without any system administration experience. It has a modern touchscreen-friendly web console and comes with a comprehensive manual and troubleshooting guide.
“A software-defined storage solution that supports both cold and hot data, and different workloads, will be welcomed by the service providers’ community. And Blockchain-based watermarking of data is a big plus,” said Alex Miroshnichenko, CEO of FlashGrid, a company specialising in developing open storage software for Oracle cloud customers.
“I’m very excited by Acronis Storage following our testing in the last few weeks. The capabilities of the product and Acronis’ forward thinking vision are going to make them a game changer in the storage market,” said Sebastian Nölting, CEO of Rausch Netzwerktechnik (RNT), a global distributor of data center server and storage solutions.
“This year Acronis released the most complete set of data protection products based on our new hybrid cloud architecture. Just like the rest of our products, Acronis Storage is #1 in its class. Acronis Storage allows Service Providers to take control over their data and we are committed to helping them grow their business by providing the world’s best and fastest data protection solutions,” said Serguei Beloussov, the founder and CEO of Acronis.
Acronis sets the standard for hybrid cloud data protection through its backup, disaster recovery, and secure file sync and share solutions. Powered by the Acronis AnyData Engine and set apart by its image technology, Acronis delivers easy, complete and affordable data protection of all files, applications and operating systems across any environment—virtual, physical, cloud and mobile.
Founded in 2003, Acronis protects the data of over 5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses in over 145 countries. With more than 100 patents, Acronis products have been named best product of the year, and cover a range of features, including migration, cloning and replication. Today, Acronis solutions are available worldwide through a global network of service providers, distributors and cloud resellers.
- Blockchain Startup Exscudo Rolls Out EON Source Code On GitHub - May 24, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Binded Raises $950k in Seed Round to Democratize Copyright - May 24, 2017
- Waves launches Gatway for the Euro - May 23, 2017
- Netki & Bitt Production Release Underway with Caribbean Financial Institution - May 23, 2017
- Kibo Lotto Launched in Ethereum Test Network - May 23, 2017
- Deloitte’s Blockchain Team Unveils Prototypes, Research and Alliances at Consensus 2017 - May 23, 2017
- Swiss e-government startup Procivis releases integrated e-identity platform - May 23, 2017
- Blockchain Wallet Jaxx Announces Massive Expansion - May 22, 2017
- ShapeShift Launches First Trustless Asset Portfolio Platform - May 22, 2017
- Status.im and Bancor Protocol Cut Deal to Issue Tokens From Smartphones - May 22, 2017
- Future\Perfect Lab Launches Blockchain, IoT, Artificial Intelligence and Security Convergence Project - May 21, 2017
- Storj Labs Claims Number Two ICO Spot With $20 Million Raised in Less than Six Hours - May 19, 2017
- Starta ICO Announces Crowdsale for Eastern European VC Vehicle on Waves Platform - May 19, 2017
- SingularDTV Announces New 11 Application Ecosystem - May 19, 2017
- Storj Labs Launches Token Sale - May 19, 2017
- CORION Announces Full-Service Blockchain Platform to Build and Manage Any Business - May 19, 2017
- Luxembourg Blockchain Group Incorporates Infrachain a.s.b.l. - May 18, 2017
- Fintech Investment Group Launches With AI Forex Trading Platform And Compcoin Digital Tokens Ahead Of Initial Coin Offering - May 18, 2017
- IBM and Chile’s Santiago Exchange to Deliver World’s First Securities Lending Blockchain Solution - May 18, 2017
- Supercomputer Organized by Network Mining (SONM) announces ICO - May 18, 2017
- Digital Assess Wants to Use Blockchain Technology to Replace Paper Qualifications - May 18, 2017
- Aragon Smashes ICO Record Pulling in $25 million in 15 Minutes - May 18, 2017
- Bloq Launches BloqLabs to Bring Open Source Blockchain Technologies to Enterprise - May 17, 2017
- Wagerr (WGR) — Sports Betting on the Blockchain - May 17, 2017
- Avalon Life Puts Land Ownership on Blockchain, Launches GREEN EARTH ZERO Service with NEM Technology - May 17, 2017
- Swiss EY Team Joins Polybius Cryptobank as Advisors, ICO to Follow - May 17, 2017
- IOTA Announces $2 Million IOTA Ecosystem Fund - May 17, 2017
- Crypviser Blockchain-Based Encrypted Communication Platform Announces the ICO of CVCoin Tokens - May 17, 2017
- Blockchain App Puts An End To Medical Records Being Held To Ransom - May 17, 2017
- Report on Blockchain Start-up Marketing Maturity Shows Challenges and Opportunities Ahead - May 17, 2017
- BlockEx Partners With Winston & Strawn to Leverage Blockchain for Bond Issuance - May 17, 2017
- US Brokerage Petitions SEC to Get Moving on ICOs - May 17, 2017
- Silicon Valley’s Boost VC to Invest in ICOs - May 16, 2017
- Aragon Partners with Leading Digital Asset Exchange ShapeShift Ahead of Highly Anticipated Token Sale - May 16, 2017
- LuxTrust and Cambridge Blockchain Announce Privacy-Protecting Identity Platform - May 15, 2017
- Sphre Partners with Airbitz to Power Secure Blockchain-Based Identity Management - May 15, 2017
- Furtherfield Gallery – Blockchain Art Exhibition London - May 12, 2017
- P2pfisy: An Innovative, Cross-sectoral Perspective On The Ongoing Disintermediation Of Financial Systems. - May 12, 2017
- How Exscudo Helps You To Store Cryptocurrencies - May 12, 2017
- Blockchain-Fueled Waves Platform Integrated in Microsoft Azure - May 12, 2017
- Nick Gogerty Joins the Lykke Team as Chief Strategist - May 12, 2017
- Countr POS Partners with Coinify to bring Blockchain Payments to its Merchants - May 12, 2017
- Wall Street Fintech PR Agency, Wachsman PR, Chooses Dublin as European HQ - May 12, 2017
- London Crypofinancing Conference – The Future of Startup Finance – Initial Coin Offerings, Token Sales, Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain - May 12, 2017
- AST to Deliver Blockchain-based Proxy Voting Solution - May 10, 2017
- Cofound.it Launches Token Sale for Startup Platform - May 10, 2017
- Global Graphchain Project FERMAT Expands, Partners with Cicada - May 9, 2017
- Gideon Greenspan – Where Flexible Thinking is Preferable to Dogmatism – The Blockchain Immutability Myth - May 9, 2017
- Mathematician and Israeli Bitcoin Association Chairman Meni Rosenfeld Joins Bancor Advisory Board - May 7, 2017
- South Korea’s BOScoin announces ICO May 10th, 2017 - May 6, 2017