Acronis,an hybrid cloud data protection company has released Acronis Storage, a software-defined storage product with Blockchain-based data authentication and universal file with block and object support.
Acronis Storage addresses the issue of integrity, safety and authenticity of customers’ data stored on their servers with a fast, universal, safe, easy, scale-out, cost-efficient, proven software-defined storage solution with Acronis CloudRAID and Acronis Notary. With Blockchain immutable validation, Acronis Storage unites block, file, and object workloads using commodity hardware.
Based on Acronis Hybrid Cloud Architecture and together with Acronis Backup, Disaster Recovery, Acronis Files Cloud, and Monitoring, Acronis Storage completes the product set available to Service Providers enabling them to meet the needs of their customers in the most efficient way.
“Digital world is all around us. Just like many of our partners, Scuderia Toro Rosso fully depends on data. Our success on the track depends on data availability, making data protection a critical element in our business. We are proud to use Acronis technology to store and protect our most valuable asset — data,” said Scuderia Toro Rosso Team Principal Franz Tost.
Acronis and Scuderia Toro Rosso will celebrate the launch of Acronis Storage together with partners and customers at Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas, during the United States Grand Prix this weekend. Toro Rosso is part of the most technologically advanced and data intensive sport, and Acronis has the technology to store and protect valuable data. The partnership between the two companies is a perfect example of technological collaboration, innovation, and understanding the needs of today’s always-on digital world.
Acronis Storage is fast. It delivers high speed performance through SSD caching, auto load balancing, auto data distribution, and parallel replication. Internal tests, for example, showed that Acronis Storage is 5 times faster than Ceph.
Acronis Storage is universal. Acronis Storage provides a universal solution for all data storage needs — hot and cold, and currently supports block and object data and will support files in the next update. It provides a complete set of industry standard storage connectivity and APIs including Amazon S3 and iSCSI.
Acronis Storage is safe. It provides configurable levels of redundancy for stored data through Acronis CloudRAID and allows data authenticity verification through Blockchain-based immutable logging and watermarking.
Acronis Storage is efficient. Acronis Storage enables Service Providers to control the TCO of their storage infrastructure and increase storage capacity from GB to PB without hurting the budget. For example, compared to Ceph, Acronis Storage delivers up to 55% lower TCO. It is achieved through lower hardware resource usage, adjustable redundancy, smart automation, better resource management, and, powerful centralized web-based management console.
Acronis Storage is proven. With five years on the market powering Acronis’ own global cloud infrastructure, Acronis Storage has undergone rigorous testing in the real world. The 2nd Generation software is currently powering a global network of 12 data centers, protecting over 50PB of data for more than 125,000 devices.
- Acronis CloudRAID leverages erasure-coding technology to reconstruct protected data from data chunks and parity information stored elsewhere in the storage cluster. It means that each added storage node makes Acronis Storage more resilient to hardware failures due to faster recovery times.
- Acronis Notary with Blockchain is the world’s first integration of Blockchain into software-defined storage and data protection solutions. Acronis Notary™ with Blockchain generates a time-stamped hash, or fingerprint, of protected data and stores it in Ethereum, a public Blockchain-based distributed computing platform. By comparing two fingerprints of the same data, Acronis Storage is able to verify immutability, authenticity, and integrity of stored data.
“Acronis is the first data protection company to adopt the Blockchain as a data notarization platform. We are delighted to work with Acronis and look forward to developing the Ethereum ecosystem for the benefit of all users,” said The Ethereum Foundation’s chief scientist, Vitalik Buterin.
Acronis Storage is suitable for all Service Providers, business and organizations who have the need to manage their data storage capacity without any downtime. With five minutes to install and 14 clicks to configure, it can be installed and managed even by those without any system administration experience. It has a modern touchscreen-friendly web console and comes with a comprehensive manual and troubleshooting guide.
“A software-defined storage solution that supports both cold and hot data, and different workloads, will be welcomed by the service providers’ community. And Blockchain-based watermarking of data is a big plus,” said Alex Miroshnichenko, CEO of FlashGrid, a company specialising in developing open storage software for Oracle cloud customers.
“I’m very excited by Acronis Storage following our testing in the last few weeks. The capabilities of the product and Acronis’ forward thinking vision are going to make them a game changer in the storage market,” said Sebastian Nölting, CEO of Rausch Netzwerktechnik (RNT), a global distributor of data center server and storage solutions.
“This year Acronis released the most complete set of data protection products based on our new hybrid cloud architecture. Just like the rest of our products, Acronis Storage is #1 in its class. Acronis Storage allows Service Providers to take control over their data and we are committed to helping them grow their business by providing the world’s best and fastest data protection solutions,” said Serguei Beloussov, the founder and CEO of Acronis.
Acronis sets the standard for hybrid cloud data protection through its backup, disaster recovery, and secure file sync and share solutions. Powered by the Acronis AnyData Engine and set apart by its image technology, Acronis delivers easy, complete and affordable data protection of all files, applications and operating systems across any environment—virtual, physical, cloud and mobile.
Founded in 2003, Acronis protects the data of over 5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses in over 145 countries. With more than 100 patents, Acronis products have been named best product of the year, and cover a range of features, including migration, cloning and replication. Today, Acronis solutions are available worldwide through a global network of service providers, distributors and cloud resellers.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017