Canadian Blockchain company Decentral, creators of the universal Blockchain wallet Jaxx, today announced plans to integrate Zcash into its entire suite of software platforms. The integration is scheduled to come into effect within days of the mining of Zcash’s genesis block on October 28. Zcash aims to give users the ability to make confidential and selectively disclosable transactions, powered by its cryptocurrency, ZEC. Zcash is positioned to provide the first privacy-centric payments that are inherent to the protocol.
CEO of Jaxx, Anthony Di Iorio said:
“Zcash has garnered a lot of attention from all around the world and we at Jaxx have received a lot of interest from our users to have it available as soon as it launches. We will be able to offer Zcash on a number of different platforms, and are working well with the developers to enable a seamless integration. VCs have invested in Zcash, there’s cutting edge security technology behind it and that’s resulted in quite a lot chatter in the crypto community. Zcash holds an extraordinary amount of promise.”
Zcash works by way of zero-knowledge proofs; the protocol works such that two parties receive verified information without knowing who each other are, or seeing the subsequent data exchange. Zcash trades and payments will see transactions published on a public Blockchain, with the option of keeping the sender, recipient, and amount confidential.
Zcash CEO Zooko Wilcox added:
“Zcash is a new technology that lets you put encrypted data into a Blockchain. Blockchains as they currently exist, don’t offer much (or any) control over the disclosure of the data that you put on the Blockchain. Any data that you put in there is visible to all users of the Blockchain. Zcash is the first protocol of its kind and is the accumulation of years of academic research, hard engineering work, and diligent security work. I’m happy to see that established companies with their own technology, strategy, and user base are already adding Zcash support. This is a sign of a robust and diverse Zcash ecosystem already beginning to grow.”
Zcash uses a type of zero-knowledge proof called a zk-SNARK, developed by a team of experienced cryptographers. zk-SNARK allow the network to maintain a secure ledger of balances without disclosing the parties or amounts involved. Instead of publicly listing spend-authority and transaction values, the transaction metadata is encrypted and zk-SNARK is used to prove that users are spending value they actually have ownership over.
Zcash becomes the fifth token Jaxx has added on its wallets in less than three months, following the successful integrations of Litecoin, Ethereum Classic, Dash and Augur; all within the world’s top ten list of cryptocurrency by market cap.
“Jaxx has always been Blockchain agnostic, but we listen very closely to the requests of our users. I’m extremely proud of what our team has been able to achieve by including so many popular tokens in such a short time. We will continue working around the clock to make these integrations and will include even more in the near future,” said Di Iorio.
Since launching in June 2016, over 70,000 users have downloaded Jaxx.
Jaxx is a multi-token Blockchain wallet that provides a unified experience across 9 platforms and devices, including Windows, Apple and Linux desktops, Apple and Android mobile devices and tablets, as well as Google Chrome and Firefox extensions. The Jaxx wallet enables crypto-to-crypto buying and selling with frictionless in-wallet conversion. Users are always in control of their keys and Jaxx neither holds nor has access to customer funds. Design and user experience driven, and built with simplicity in mind, Jaxx’s mission is to become the interface to the Blockchain world.
To learn more, visit jaxx.io
The Zcash Company is a science-driven team; a combination of academic expertise in computer science and cryptography with security software engineering talent. We are developing the next generation of secure digital currency and Blockchain technology through the use of zero-knowledge proofs, to guarantee privacy and confidentiality. We aim to set a new standard for privacy. The Zcash protocol is a decentralized and open-source cryptocurrency offering total payment confidentiality. Unlike Bitcoin, Zcash transactions automatically hide the sender, recipient, and value of all transactions on the Blockchain. It is based on peer-reviewed cryptographic research, and built by a world-class, security-focused engineering team. However, as with any new technology, there is risk involved. Currently the team is focused on building and maintaining an open, permissionless system that is viable, robust, and justifiably reliable and secure for users.
- Storj Labs Raises $3 Million in Seed Funding - February 26, 2017
- Northern Trust And IBM Pioneer Use Of Blockchain Technology To Help Transform Private Equity Administration - February 26, 2017
- 0x – An Open Protocol for Decentralized Exchange on the Ethereum Blockchain - February 26, 2017
- Global Blockchain Project FERMAT Announces Significant Alpha Release for the “Internet of People” - February 26, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Peerplays Raises $4m Before ICO Even Kicks Off - February 26, 2017
- Numerai Launches Cryptocurrency and New Hedge Fund Built By Data Scientist Network - February 26, 2017
- Disrupt the VC Industry? Brock Pierce and Blockchain Capital to Launch Own Cryptocurrency and ICO - February 26, 2017
- SoftBank, Sprint and TBCASoft Partner in Blockchain Technology for Telecom Carriers - February 25, 2017
- Lisk Introduces New Blockchain Technology Update - February 25, 2017
- Dash Partners with BlockPay to Enable Point of Sale Purchases at Brick and Mortar Stores - February 25, 2017
- Blockchain Interaction Unit (BIU) – No Internet, No Mobile Phone, No Computer. No Problem. - February 25, 2017
- Blockchain Banking Consortium R3 Gets Into Semantic Tornado Over Blockchain – Bitcoiners Jeer from Sidelines - February 25, 2017
- IOHK and University of Edinburgh Establish Blockchain Technology Laboratory - February 24, 2017
- Liberland to Launch Online Startup Contest to Kick Off Smart Nation - February 23, 2017
- Blockchain Intelligence Group Launches QLUE Version Codename Deep Cove - February 23, 2017
- Lykke Crowdfunding – One -year Lykke Forward Offering - February 22, 2017
- Daimler AG Joins Hyperledger Blockchain Consortium as Premier Member - February 21, 2017
- Voatz and Clear Ballot to Explore Blockchain Technology for Remote Voting - February 20, 2017
- New Blockchain Smart Contract Token Developed By GameCredits - February 20, 2017
- Blockchain Could Be a New Operating System for the Planet Says Jeremy Wilson, Vice Chairman of Barclays Corporate Banking - February 20, 2017
- JAAK and the Guardian Initiative Announce MΞTA: A Blockchain Pilot for The Media & Entertainment Industry - February 18, 2017
- The StabL Project – Hadrien Charlanes Plans Stable Tokens and Derivative Products For Ethereum Blockchain - February 17, 2017
- Blockchain Energy Trading Trials Kickoff with Canada’s BTL Group and Austria’s Wien Energie - February 16, 2017
- Smart Dubai Office (SDO) and 1776 Launch Blockchain Challenge - February 16, 2017
- BOScoin, a New Cryptocurrency, Introduces “Trust Contracts” to Overcome the Shortcomings of Ethereum Smart Contracts - February 16, 2017
- European Commission Working on Blockchain – Plans Actively Seeking Pilot Partners - February 16, 2017
- Canadian Blockchain Company SecureKey Awarded U.S. Department of Homeland Security Grant - February 16, 2017
- Microsoft and KPMG Cut Deal and Kickoff Blockchain Nodes in Frankfurt and Singapore - February 16, 2017
- Global Blockchain Project FERMAT Announces Significant Alpha Release for the “Internet of People” - February 16, 2017
- Russian Blockchain Startup Exscudo Aims to Bridge Traditional Finances And The Cryptocurrency Market - February 15, 2017
- Active Year Ahead for Blockchain Solutions in Financial Services, says Corporate Insight - February 14, 2017
- BlockApps and Red Hat Cut Deal to Deliver Hybrid Cloud Solution for Blockchain Applications in the Enterprise - February 14, 2017
- Hyperledger Blockchain Turns One – Director Brian Behlendorf Updates - February 14, 2017
- The State Bank of India Initiates National Blockchain Bank Consortium - February 14, 2017
- The National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD) Introduces Real-Time Cross-Border Blockchain Payments - February 14, 2017
- China Turning Hard to Blockchain – Focus on Fraud Reduction - February 13, 2017
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to Kick Off Blockchain in Heathcare Code-A-Thon - February 13, 2017
- Hexayurt Capital presents the Internet of Agreements at the World Government Summit - February 13, 2017
- EquiChain – Blockchain for Emerging Markets Post-Trade - February 13, 2017
- UK Government Approves Tramonex Labs to Issue Currency on Blockchain - February 12, 2017
- US Congress Buckles Down With Blockchain – Launch Congressional Blockchain Caucus - February 11, 2017
- Nick Szabo: Some Private Blockchains Qualify as Bona Fide Blockchains - February 10, 2017
- Bitfury Group and Government of Georgia Expand Blockchain Land Titling Project - February 10, 2017
- Expanse Project Announces Launch of the Expanse Bond System (EBS) - February 10, 2017
- WISeKey to Establish IoT Blockchain Center of Excellence in New York - February 10, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Coinfirm Gets $700k Growth Equity Via VC Funding - February 10, 2017
- Blockchain Health Startup Hashed Health Raises Nearly $2 Million in Initial Funding Round - February 10, 2017
- IBM Kicks Off Blockchain Initiative with Dubai Government - February 10, 2017
- Blockchain Pioneer Medici Ventures Invests in Factom, Inc. - February 7, 2017
- Canadian Blockchain Startup Equibit Raises Quarter Million Dollars in Day One of Initial Coin Offering (ICO) - February 5, 2017