Synereo, which is developing a decentralised tech stack, allowing web applications to exist without centralised servers, has raised over $4.7m (£3.85m) from a funding campaign last week, selling both equity and, their cryptocurrency AMP.
Synereo was initially known for its attempt to create a decentralized social network, but after spending years developing a decentralized social media solution on the basis of existing blockchain technologies, the company announced lately that it had widened its operations considerably in order to develop its own blockchain enabled decentralized computation platform, capable of running all forms of decentralized applications, the company’s social network being one such application.
With this move, Synereo placed itself in the forefront of the heated race towards a so called “World Computer” – a network of personal devices, functioning as a unitary virtual machine, rendering central servers and data centers redundant. This idea was initially proposed by the Ethereum foundation, and has since attracted several additional teams, providing little to no deviance from the original make-up. Synereo’s proposal is the first to introduce a significant improvement to the industry standard, offering a complete tech-stack – incorporating all faculties needed to support decentralized computation without central servers.
The recently concluded funding campaign was launched shortly after Synereo announced its Blockchain 2.0 architecture, called RChain, which lies at the core of Synereo’s evolved tech stack. Synereo stated that funds raised during the campaign would be used to expand its team significantly, ensuring that its RChain-based technology stack can go live towards the end of 2017.
According to Synereo, RChain solves well known problems of existing blockchains, enabling decentralized systems to be much faster, infinitely scalable and cheaper to maintain. In addition to that, and contrary to existing turing-complete blockchain solutions, Synereo’s platform comes with its own distributed cloud storage, allowing for efficient decentralized hosting of heavy media, as well as a reflective smart-contracting language. With this, Synereo hopes to be the first project to truly disrupt the traditional role of centralized servers.
In order to populate its platform, and to ensure fast growth and adaptation, Synereo has recently announced a sizeable grant project, inviting developers and entrepreneurs to develop decentralized applications for its platform, to foster the development of a decentralized ecosystem, competing with the current centralized paradigm.
In a major endorsement of Synereo’s technology, the Silicon Valley-based NFX Guild, partnered up with Synereo, and announced that it will include a selected few laureates of Synereo’s grant project in its prestigious Accelerator Program. James Currier, Managing Partner at NFX, explained the Guild’s decision to choose Synereo’s technology for the project, stating:
“If you do the analysis, Synereo comes out as the superior platform for developing decentralized apps. It runs fully distributed instead of massively replicated. It’s JVM top to bottom rather than Python. It’s forward compatible, vs other platforms anticipating multiple hard- forks. Synereo has the identity layer built in which provides distribution advantages and network effects. Lastly, fine-grained concurrency, vs other platforms’ linearity, provides greater speeds and scalability”
Since Synereo first announced its grant project, the company has received hundreds of applications of teams, eager to develop their applications on top of Synereo’s platform. Dor Konforty, Synereo’s CEO comments:
“We are now in the final stage of interviews, and will soon be selecting the first projects that will receive AMP grants to build on Synereo’s tech stack. We have 300 applications and it has taken our team a while to go through them and to choose from many amazing development teams and projects. Overall we are very excited at the level of interest to build the future of the decentralized internet with Synereo”
Synereo is now significantly scaling up its operations, and expanding the company’s team to refine the developer tools needed to build on its platform, and optimize the development effort of Synereo’s 2.0 tech stack. The company is actively hiring, and states on its blog that:
If you have the relevant experience, and are familiar with Scala, Blockchain technology, smart-contracting languages and decentralized computation in general, and are eager to work with a highly motivated and determined team, we invite you to visit our Job-Offering Page, and apply to one of the open positions.
According to Synereo’s development plan, the company’s anticipated RChain-based architecture will be up and running towards the end of 2017, ready to host Synereo’s social network beta shortly afterwards. In the meantime, Synereo is further developing the alpha version of its social network, and invites the public to install its alpha nodes and participate in the test phase of the network. Instructions on how to do that can be found on the company’s Github account, Youtube channel and slack.
Synereo is a Tel-Aviv based company that develops a decentralized tech stack, allowing web applications to exist without centralized servers.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017