EY has presented three Blockchain-focused startups with awards following the conclusion of this year’s EY Startup Challenge.
Following a day of pitches, product demonstrations and an audience vote, awards were given to The Bitfury Group for ‘Best Pitch’, JAAK for ‘Most Innovative Pilot’ and Adjoint for ‘Most Investable Pilot’.
The EY Startup Challenge is a six week programme aimed at helping entrepreneurs develop their pilots through access to EY and client mentors, a series of educational workshops, press exposure, and regular contact with market-leading businesses.
This year’s challenge focused on Blockchain solutions for digital rights management (DRM) and energy trading. All the solutions that were designed during the challenge will be further developed with the support of EY.
Jamie Qiu, Founder and Lead of the EY Startup Challenge, says:
“Media and energy are two sectors where we expect to see the most disruption over the next few years and Blockchain is a reality that can transform these two industries. We are looking forward to continuing our work with these fantastic entrepreneurial businesses over the next couple of months and helping them accelerate and commercialise their solutions.”
The Blockchain pilots that were developed during the EY Startup Challenge are as follows:
Adjoint: Developed a platform that allows institutional clients to easily compose and use smart contract templates that can be deployed securely and confidently on the Blockchain, without any technical expertise.
Blockverify: Developed a technology which provides a Blockchain solution for companies to prove exactly where their products are in the supply chain at any given time. It also allows businesses as well as end consumers to trace the source, establish authenticity and prove ownership of their purchases. Specific applications include value chain traceability for Biofuels.
BTL Group Ltd (TSXV:BTL): Designed a prototype around ETRM (Energy Trading Risk Management) Auditing and Portfolio reconciliation for energy companies to use. This allows for automatic portfolio reconciliation, more controlled regulatory compliance and faster exposure of mismatching trades.
Tallysticks: Developed a product which leverages the functionality of Blockchain technology to automate the purchase order to invoicing to payment workflow processes. This not only helps with managing risk but also with reducing error and fraud.
The Bitfury Group: Developed a Blockchain software platform for digital rights management.
JAAK : Developed an operating system for content which allows content and media owners to convert their ever-growing repository of media, metadata and rights into “Smart Content”. This automates much of the admin and manual effort involved in managing, maintaining and delivering media across the digital supply chain using self-executing smart contracts and verified transactions on the ethereum Blockchain.
Rahul Gautam, Partner and Head of TMT Advisory Services, EY UK and Ireland says:
“We brought together some of the most sophisticated media companies in the world and the most innovative startups in London to develop Blockchain pilots that can help the media industry handle the challenges it is faced with in the digital age. Today’s DRM systems were developed for a business model that was relevant 20 years ago, and weren’t set up to process the over one billion songs downloaded each year. Blockchain has the potential to handle such scale and complexity and I am very optimistic about the role it can play in DRM in the future.”
- Five days left until Blockchain Startup Exscudo ICO - April 21, 2017
- Apptrade to Reward Crowdsale Participants with Three Percent Bonus - April 21, 2017
- Blockchain Technology Startup Humaniq Raises $3.8M and Signs Contract With Deloitte - April 21, 2017
- Monolith Studio Announces Crowdsale for TokenCard, the First Debit Card Powered by Smart Contracts - April 20, 2017
- Blockchain Co. SingularDTV Recruits Hollywood VP - April 18, 2017
- Factom Closes Extended Series A Round of $8 Million Following Harmony Product Launch - April 18, 2017
- Interview with Back to Earth founder Clay Space - April 18, 2017
- Ethereum Movie Initial Coin Offering Sell Out - April 18, 2017
- Insurtech Startup Etherisc Wins “Blockchain Oscar” for Innovative Insurance Platform - April 14, 2017
- India’s Blockchain Community Launches Digital Asset and Blockchain Foundation - April 14, 2017
- UK EPSRC Supports Seven Blockchain Projects with £3.6 Million - April 14, 2017
- Dutch National Blockchain Coalition Presents Action Agenda - April 14, 2017
- Broadridge, J.P. Morgan, Northern Trust and Banco Santander Successfully Complete Pilot of for Blockchain Voting - April 14, 2017
- Blockgeeks Labs to Hold Blockchain Hackathon in Toronto - April 14, 2017
- Exscudo network EON coins are available for pre-order - April 13, 2017
- One of Big Four accounting firms is now legal adviser of Exscudo - April 12, 2017
- Dash Cryptocurrency Signs on with Kraken - April 12, 2017
- Blockchain Capital Closes ICO – $10 Million in Six Hours Raised in Record Time - April 11, 2017
- Ethereum meets Hyperledger – Burrow Ethereum Smart Contract Machine to Join Hyperledger - April 11, 2017
- Porsche Announces First Blockchain Contest - April 10, 2017
- Fidelity Labs Joins IC3 Blockchain Group - April 10, 2017
- Global Graphchain Project FERMAT Announces Distributed Governance Model Featuring Contribution Contracts - April 10, 2017
- Coinsilium and Oraclize sign MoU to form Strategic Alliance - April 10, 2017
- Industry Thought Leaders Invest With Blockchain Capital in its Ground-Breaking ICO - April 8, 2017
- Novus To Launch Innovative Blockchain Advanced File Index System - April 5, 2017
- Lykke Announces OEM Services – Lykke Accelerator - April 5, 2017
- BitHub.Africa Announces ICO Campaign to Foster Region’s Cryptocurrency Ecosystem - April 5, 2017
- SibCoin: Siberia Down, China to Go - April 4, 2017
- Groundbreaking Blockchain Research to Feature at International Financial Cryptography Conference - April 4, 2017
- Exscudo, The Nextgen Financial System, Announces ICO - April 4, 2017
- A Film by Manuel Stagars – The Blockchain And Us Video Documentary – Released in Full - April 4, 2017
- Genpact Harnesses Blockchain Technology to Transform F&A Operations to Improve Cash Flow and Enhance Customer Experience - April 4, 2017
- Blockchain Startup TaaS Partners With Exchange Platforms - April 4, 2017
- Synereo announces Qrator – The First Attention Economy App - April 4, 2017
- Blockchain Capital Releases Offering Memorandum for Its $10 Million Digital Token Offering - April 4, 2017
- Lykke Announces Availability of Blockchain Startup ChronoBank TIME Token - April 3, 2017
- Blockchain Workspace Launches Blockchain Education Company in Amsterdam, Netherlands - April 3, 2017
- Blockchain Startup SingularDTV Goes Hollywood - April 1, 2017
- Ledger Raises $7m To Accelerate Worldwide Adoption Of Security Solutions For Blockchain And Cryptocurrency Applications - March 31, 2017
- Slock.it secures $2 million seed funding to build Sharing Economy Platform - March 31, 2017
- Open Source Blockchain Project MultiChain Adds Fourteen New Partners and Enters Beta - March 30, 2017
- Tokenization in the Age of Blockchain - March 30, 2017
- European Commission Proposes Blockchain Pilot to Examine Regulatory Issues - March 30, 2017
- BitPesa has Partnered with Bitcoin Company Bitbond to Improve Access to Financing for SMEs in Africa. - March 30, 2017
- Switzerland’s SIX Securities Services Develops Blockchain-Based Bond Issuing Solution - March 30, 2017
- Beijing Officials Demand Chinese Blockchain Standards - March 30, 2017
- Spanish Bank BBVA joins Hyperledger Project - March 30, 2017
- Alibaba to Tackle Counterfeit Food in China With Blockchain - March 30, 2017
- Cosmos Announces Upcoming Token Sale to Build Internet of Blockchains - March 29, 2017
- Blockchain Technologies Corp. Speaks Before Maine State Legislature Committee on Blockchain Voting - March 29, 2017