“This test confirms the robustness of our Blockchain-based solution leveraging our patent-pending Smart Tokens, and deepening trust in our ability to bring speed, accuracy and security to transactions across distributed ledger platforms,” notes STC CTO Morris Mwanga.
Smart Tokens have huge potential in creating more transparency and trust in digital transactions between counterparties whenever value (currency) needs to be exchanged. Using Ripple gives STC universal access to a wide range of partners and customers without having to physically craft a digital relationship with each one. Leveraging the Ripple platform with new Smart Token solutions is accelerating the move toward the launch of a truly useful Blockchain and smart contract implementation, which has great potential for making global exchanges of value fast, affordable and highly secure. It also provides a well-documented audit trail that will make dispute resolutions more efficient and less frequent.
Distributed ledger technology allows any connected counterparty to efficiently transact with one another and settle cross-border payments in real time.
“Connecting to Ripple gives Smart Token Chain the most efficient, lowest cost network to move Smart ID Tokens and other asset or message tokens between counterparties. Our successful test proves low cost, faster, more secure global transactions are no longer a thing of the future,” said Smart Token Chain CEO Tom Meredith.
Blockchain combined with tokenization (encryption) and smart contracts improves trust and speeds settlement. New highly efficient networks can lower the cost of cross-border payments and provide the ability for financial institutions to offer new products like smart microloans and insurance products to billions of underbanked people in emerging economies.
“The trend toward a global standard in building and sharing Smart Tokens is accelerating,” adds Mr. Meredith. “We have a clear vision as to how Smart Tokens can interoperate disparate Blockchains in an increasingly fragmented market.”
STC is leveraging Ripple’s open, neutral platform (called “Interledger Protocol” or ILP) to move payments globally across different ledgers and networks.
STC CEO Tom Meredith will be attending the International Money Transfer Conference in Miami, FL this week to connect with international distribution partners. Potential partners interested in meeting with Mr. Meredith to explore Smart Token solutions for identity and/or transactional use cases, may contact him directly at tom @ smarttokenchain.com.
Smart Token Chain is an investor-backed startup with offices in Atlanta, GA, the payment processing capital of the world. Smart Token Chain (“STC”) has developed technology that combines the most disruptive tools in Financial Services Technology (“FinTech”) to date: smart contracts, Blockchain, and tokenization. Customizable STCs solve for real-time P2P, B2C, B2B, and institutional money movement issues. In addition to increasing global payments efficiency and counterparty identity certainty, the core capabilities for STC powered platforms unify disparate systems used in legacy financial services applications.
STC launched an international remittance platform, operated by its subsidiary P2P Cash, to demonstrate value in the cross-border payments industry. By proving enhanced capabilities for international person-to-person payments, STC uses P2P Cash to validate its unique ability to enhance global financial services. Complex payments, identity management and verification, and other transaction capabilities become simpler, easier to manage and track, and execute at a lower cost.
- Commodities Behemoth Testing Blockchain Tech with Crude Oil Cargo - January 21, 2017
- Berlin’s Neufund Blockchain Fundraising Platform Raises $2 Million - January 21, 2017
- Alibaba’s Ant Financial Aims for 2 billion Users by Bringing Blockchain Technology to Alipay - January 20, 2017
- ChronoBank Plans to Use Multiple Blockchains - January 20, 2017
- Hyperledger Welcomes New Blockchain Platform Partner Cello - January 20, 2017
- WISeKey and Stratumn Join Forces to Use Blockchain for Real-Time Accountability and Traceability in Enterprise Processes - January 20, 2017
- Blockchain Report – European Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA) - January 20, 2017
- FINRA Seeks Comment on New Report on the Potential Implications of Blockchain - January 18, 2017
- Finlync Designs ERP Integration to Distributed Ledger and Blockchain - January 18, 2017
- European Central Bank Considering Digital Currency – Cryptocash - January 18, 2017
- US Homeland Security Testing Blockchain To Track People, Goods Across Borders - January 17, 2017
- Israeli Tax Authorities Might Go After Bitcoin - January 16, 2017
- Senior US Regulator David Blaszkowsky Joins Canadian Blockchain Intelligence Group (BIG) Advisory Board - January 16, 2017
- Seven European Banks Cut Blockchain Deal to Facilitate Easier Cross-Border SME Commerce - January 16, 2017
- Marketforce to Host 2nd Annual The Blockchain Summit on 28th March 2017 in London - January 15, 2017
- Waves Platform Implements New Blockchain Scalability Approaches - January 14, 2017
- China’s Puerbank Group Launches Global Node for A Standardized Blockchain-Based Digital Currency in the UK - January 14, 2017
- DU and Guardtime Partner with Dubai’s NMC Hospital to Revolutionize Electronic Health Records with Blockchain Technology - January 14, 2017
- Report: Blockchain Slated to Become $8 Billion Global Industry By 2024 - January 14, 2017
- Blockchain Could Save Financial Services $110 billion over Next Three Years - January 14, 2017
- Russia Embraces Bitcoin – No Plans to Ban Cryptocurrencies - January 14, 2017
- Canadian BTL Group Completes Blockchain Pilot With Major Global Energy Company - January 12, 2017
- Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance and NTT DATA Cut Blockchain PoC For Insurance - January 12, 2017
- HfS Research Recognises VirtusaPolaris for Emerging Blockchain Services in BFSI - January 12, 2017
- Deloitte Launches Blockchain Lab in New York - January 12, 2017
- SWIFT launches Blockchain Proof of Concept In Hyperledger - January 12, 2017
- Blockchain VIP’s to Gather for Major Retreat This Month - January 12, 2017
- IBM Watson Health and US FDA Announce Blockchain Healthcare Data Project - January 12, 2017
- Equibit Development Corporation Sets $7 million Funding Target, Crowdsale Date - January 12, 2017
- US National Science Foundation Offers $8.5m in Funding for Blockchain Proposals for Cyberinfrastructure Security - January 11, 2017
- China Poised to Dominate Fintech and Blockchain Markets in 2017 - January 10, 2017
- Respectonomy Social Network To Tackle Censorship Using Blockchain - January 10, 2017
- South Korea Plans to Launch a Full-Scale Pilot Project on Blockchain-powered Financial Services - January 10, 2017
- Postal Savings Bank of China (PSBC) Announces First Blockchain Financial Service - January 10, 2017
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Releases Bullish Report on Blockchain for Clearing, Settlement - January 10, 2017
- Blockchain TV – TED Talk | How the Blockchain will Radically Transform the Economy | Bettina Warburg - January 10, 2017
- Alfa-Bank and S7 Airlines Close Blockchain Deal in Russia - January 10, 2017
- Life.SREDA and the Russian Republic of Tatarstan To Introduce Blockchain Technology For Public Administration System - January 10, 2017
- Union Square Ventures Leads $4M Funding Round for Blockchain Startup Blockstack - January 10, 2017
- US Department of Energy Eyeing Blockchain Solutions for Security – Seeking Proposals - January 10, 2017
- India’s Axis Bank to Use Ripple Blockchain for Cross-Border Remittances - January 10, 2017
- Georgia to Store Real Estate Documents in Blockchain System with Bitfury Group and Hernando de Soto - January 10, 2017
- US Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation Selects IBM, AXONI and R3 to Develop Derivatives Processing On Blockchain - January 10, 2017
- Grantcoin Foundation Expands Board of Directors – Distribution Rescheduled to Late January - January 8, 2017
- UNICEF, UK Home Office and BTCC to speak at London Blockchain Week 2017 - January 6, 2017
- American Company The Seam to Form Cotton Blockchain Consortium with IBM on Hyperledger Fabric - January 5, 2017
- Move over Bitcoin – MIT Cryptographer Silvio Micali and his Public Ledger ALGORAND… The Future of Blockchain? - January 5, 2017
- Blockchain to Play Role in Future of Transportation? UBS Teams up with ZF and innology SE to Make it Happen - January 5, 2017
- Blockchain Group Hyperledger Expands into China - January 5, 2017
- The Evolution Of Casinos – Next Generation Transparent Ethereum Smart Contracts Based Casino “Edgeless” - January 5, 2017