“This test confirms the robustness of our Blockchain-based solution leveraging our patent-pending Smart Tokens, and deepening trust in our ability to bring speed, accuracy and security to transactions across distributed ledger platforms,” notes STC CTO Morris Mwanga.
Smart Tokens have huge potential in creating more transparency and trust in digital transactions between counterparties whenever value (currency) needs to be exchanged. Using Ripple gives STC universal access to a wide range of partners and customers without having to physically craft a digital relationship with each one. Leveraging the Ripple platform with new Smart Token solutions is accelerating the move toward the launch of a truly useful Blockchain and smart contract implementation, which has great potential for making global exchanges of value fast, affordable and highly secure. It also provides a well-documented audit trail that will make dispute resolutions more efficient and less frequent.
Distributed ledger technology allows any connected counterparty to efficiently transact with one another and settle cross-border payments in real time.
“Connecting to Ripple gives Smart Token Chain the most efficient, lowest cost network to move Smart ID Tokens and other asset or message tokens between counterparties. Our successful test proves low cost, faster, more secure global transactions are no longer a thing of the future,” said Smart Token Chain CEO Tom Meredith.
Blockchain combined with tokenization (encryption) and smart contracts improves trust and speeds settlement. New highly efficient networks can lower the cost of cross-border payments and provide the ability for financial institutions to offer new products like smart microloans and insurance products to billions of underbanked people in emerging economies.
“The trend toward a global standard in building and sharing Smart Tokens is accelerating,” adds Mr. Meredith. “We have a clear vision as to how Smart Tokens can interoperate disparate Blockchains in an increasingly fragmented market.”
STC is leveraging Ripple’s open, neutral platform (called “Interledger Protocol” or ILP) to move payments globally across different ledgers and networks.
STC CEO Tom Meredith will be attending the International Money Transfer Conference in Miami, FL this week to connect with international distribution partners. Potential partners interested in meeting with Mr. Meredith to explore Smart Token solutions for identity and/or transactional use cases, may contact him directly at tom @ smarttokenchain.com.
Smart Token Chain is an investor-backed startup with offices in Atlanta, GA, the payment processing capital of the world. Smart Token Chain (“STC”) has developed technology that combines the most disruptive tools in Financial Services Technology (“FinTech”) to date: smart contracts, Blockchain, and tokenization. Customizable STCs solve for real-time P2P, B2C, B2B, and institutional money movement issues. In addition to increasing global payments efficiency and counterparty identity certainty, the core capabilities for STC powered platforms unify disparate systems used in legacy financial services applications.
STC launched an international remittance platform, operated by its subsidiary P2P Cash, to demonstrate value in the cross-border payments industry. By proving enhanced capabilities for international person-to-person payments, STC uses P2P Cash to validate its unique ability to enhance global financial services. Complex payments, identity management and verification, and other transaction capabilities become simpler, easier to manage and track, and execute at a lower cost.
- Everex Announces Mobile Blockchain-powered Microfinance And Fiat Transfer Platform - May 28, 2017
- $3.7 Million Collected in ICO on the Waves Blockchain Platform for Construction of Production Facility in Russia - May 28, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Aeternity to Launch Phase Two of Contribution Campaign on May 29th, 2017 - May 28, 2017
- Founder and CEO of eToro, Yoni Assia, Joins Bancor Protocol Advisory Board - May 25, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Exscudo Rolls Out EON Source Code On GitHub - May 24, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Binded Raises $950k in Seed Round to Democratize Copyright - May 24, 2017
- Waves launches Gatway for the Euro - May 23, 2017
- Netki & Bitt Production Release Underway with Caribbean Financial Institution - May 23, 2017
- Kibo Lotto Launched in Ethereum Test Network - May 23, 2017
- Deloitte’s Blockchain Team Unveils Prototypes, Research and Alliances at Consensus 2017 - May 23, 2017
- Swiss e-government startup Procivis releases integrated e-identity platform - May 23, 2017
- Blockchain Wallet Jaxx Announces Massive Expansion - May 22, 2017
- ShapeShift Launches First Trustless Asset Portfolio Platform - May 22, 2017
- Status.im and Bancor Protocol Cut Deal to Issue Tokens From Smartphones - May 22, 2017
- Future\Perfect Lab Launches Blockchain, IoT, Artificial Intelligence and Security Convergence Project - May 21, 2017
- Storj Labs Claims Number Two ICO Spot With $20 Million Raised in Less than Six Hours - May 19, 2017
- Starta ICO Announces Crowdsale for Eastern European VC Vehicle on Waves Platform - May 19, 2017
- SingularDTV Announces New 11 Application Ecosystem - May 19, 2017
- Storj Labs Launches Token Sale - May 19, 2017
- CORION Announces Full-Service Blockchain Platform to Build and Manage Any Business - May 19, 2017
- Luxembourg Blockchain Group Incorporates Infrachain a.s.b.l. - May 18, 2017
- Fintech Investment Group Launches With AI Forex Trading Platform And Compcoin Digital Tokens Ahead Of Initial Coin Offering - May 18, 2017
- IBM and Chile’s Santiago Exchange to Deliver World’s First Securities Lending Blockchain Solution - May 18, 2017
- Supercomputer Organized by Network Mining (SONM) announces ICO - May 18, 2017
- Digital Assess Wants to Use Blockchain Technology to Replace Paper Qualifications - May 18, 2017
- Aragon Smashes ICO Record Pulling in $25 million in 15 Minutes - May 18, 2017
- Bloq Launches BloqLabs to Bring Open Source Blockchain Technologies to Enterprise - May 17, 2017
- Wagerr (WGR) — Sports Betting on the Blockchain - May 17, 2017
- Avalon Life Puts Land Ownership on Blockchain, Launches GREEN EARTH ZERO Service with NEM Technology - May 17, 2017
- Swiss EY Team Joins Polybius Cryptobank as Advisors, ICO to Follow - May 17, 2017
- IOTA Announces $2 Million IOTA Ecosystem Fund - May 17, 2017
- Crypviser Blockchain-Based Encrypted Communication Platform Announces the ICO of CVCoin Tokens - May 17, 2017
- Blockchain App Puts An End To Medical Records Being Held To Ransom - May 17, 2017
- Report on Blockchain Start-up Marketing Maturity Shows Challenges and Opportunities Ahead - May 17, 2017
- BlockEx Partners With Winston & Strawn to Leverage Blockchain for Bond Issuance - May 17, 2017
- US Brokerage Petitions SEC to Get Moving on ICOs - May 17, 2017
- Silicon Valley’s Boost VC to Invest in ICOs - May 16, 2017
- Aragon Partners with Leading Digital Asset Exchange ShapeShift Ahead of Highly Anticipated Token Sale - May 16, 2017
- LuxTrust and Cambridge Blockchain Announce Privacy-Protecting Identity Platform - May 15, 2017
- Sphre Partners with Airbitz to Power Secure Blockchain-Based Identity Management - May 15, 2017
- Furtherfield Gallery – Blockchain Art Exhibition London - May 12, 2017
- P2pfisy: An Innovative, Cross-sectoral Perspective On The Ongoing Disintermediation Of Financial Systems. - May 12, 2017
- How Exscudo Helps You To Store Cryptocurrencies - May 12, 2017
- Blockchain-Fueled Waves Platform Integrated in Microsoft Azure - May 12, 2017
- Nick Gogerty Joins the Lykke Team as Chief Strategist - May 12, 2017
- Countr POS Partners with Coinify to bring Blockchain Payments to its Merchants - May 12, 2017
- Wall Street Fintech PR Agency, Wachsman PR, Chooses Dublin as European HQ - May 12, 2017
- London Crypofinancing Conference – The Future of Startup Finance – Initial Coin Offerings, Token Sales, Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain - May 12, 2017
- AST to Deliver Blockchain-based Proxy Voting Solution - May 10, 2017
- Cofound.it Launches Token Sale for Startup Platform - May 10, 2017