Stremio , a company that designs media center software for video entertainment focused on user experience and ease of use has chosen WINGS, a decentralized platform to create, crowdfund, join and manage projects using Blockchain and smart contracts, for their AdEx crowdfunding campaign which will use smart contracts and tokens.
Stremio’s AdEx will provide the unique value proposition of a completely transparent ad marketplace making it possible for the first time to audit the fairness of the advertising bidding process, and optimize bidding patterns – something proprietary systems refuse to offer.
WINGS combines decentralized decision-making using forecast markets for filtering out low-quality projects, valuing projects and project milestone risk assessment, while making all of this easily accessible to anyone with a smartphone via popular IM systems such as Telegram.
The projects launched using WINGS use a new coordination technology that combines Blockchains and smart contracts and is termed as “decentralized autonomous organization” (DAO). With WINGS projects are first vetted and valued by a global community before moving to the crowdfunding stage; All received project funds are kept in individual smart contract enforced escrows while participants have the ability to get involved in project governance.
“We are very excited to go with WINGS as the platform of the upcoming Stremio crowdsale. The ease of use and support of Bitcoin and RSK smart contracts are vital for us,” said Ivo Georgiev, CEO of Stremio. “Stremio will offer a decentralized advertising network, AdEx, that creates a real alternative to the established advertising ecosystem by enabling transparency and trust like never before.”
Understanding the potential of going beyond the current capabilities of the proprietary ad marketplace, and carving a new niche of the multi-Billion online media market, Stremio decided to research the possibility of creating ad marketplace on top of one of the most important inventions of the last years – the Bitcoin Blockchain.
“We’re pleased to have Stremio’s AdEx as the first project to be presented to the WINGS DAO community for review, evaluation and funding,” said Stas Oskin, WINGS Core Developer. “Like Stremio we believe that Blockchain technology can provide a unique advantage over traditional business models by enabling transparency, optimization, and openness for market participants.”
Public Blockchains are perfectly suitable for this task, as they eliminate the need for the advertisers and publishers trusting each other. By using smart contracts, it is possible to implement the ads market model in a decentralized fashion, and the latest emerging micro-transactions technologies, enable a fast bidding process.
Realizing the need for a global community to be involved in the operations and promotion of AdEx Stremio decided to offer a unique chance to be a part of AdEx. The economic activity on the ad marketplace will be represented via Stremio AdEx tokens, which will be used by the advertisers and publishers in order to facilitate bidding, and exchange financial value between fiat and ads inventory.
The WINGS Foundation has raised 1500 BTC to date from over 1000 supporters to take project evaluation, funding, and management to another level – join at https://fly.wings.ai.
AdEx plans to start its crowdfunding campaign in early 2017, sign up at http://adex.network and get notified of developments and bounty opportunities.
Stremio focuses on the creation of innovative video solutions utilizing peer to peer network and video technologies. Stremio has raised seed funding from the Bitcoin giant BitmainTech in August of 2016. The company boasts over 500,000+ active users, over 3,000,000 downloads of the Stremio application, and adding over 100,000 new user sign-ups monthly. For more information, visit the company’s web site at www.strem.io.
The WINGS Foundation is based in Switzerland and comprised of a decentralized team of Blockchain professionals aiming to bring Blockchain-enabled projects to the mainstream. WINGS makes DAO technology accessible to entrepreneurs and companies who are looking to leverage the global reach of bitcoin and other Blockchains for project funding, the power of swarm intelligence powered forecast markets for higher quality decision-making, the versatility of smart contracts for a global decentralized agreement framework, and the ease of use of the instant messengers for audience reach. For more information, visit the WINGS website at wings.ai.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017