Stremio , a company that designs media center software for video entertainment focused on user experience and ease of use has chosen WINGS, a decentralized platform to create, crowdfund, join and manage projects using Blockchain and smart contracts, for their AdEx crowdfunding campaign which will use smart contracts and tokens.
Stremio’s AdEx will provide the unique value proposition of a completely transparent ad marketplace making it possible for the first time to audit the fairness of the advertising bidding process, and optimize bidding patterns – something proprietary systems refuse to offer.
WINGS combines decentralized decision-making using forecast markets for filtering out low-quality projects, valuing projects and project milestone risk assessment, while making all of this easily accessible to anyone with a smartphone via popular IM systems such as Telegram.
The projects launched using WINGS use a new coordination technology that combines Blockchains and smart contracts and is termed as “decentralized autonomous organization” (DAO). With WINGS projects are first vetted and valued by a global community before moving to the crowdfunding stage; All received project funds are kept in individual smart contract enforced escrows while participants have the ability to get involved in project governance.
“We are very excited to go with WINGS as the platform of the upcoming Stremio crowdsale. The ease of use and support of Bitcoin and RSK smart contracts are vital for us,” said Ivo Georgiev, CEO of Stremio. “Stremio will offer a decentralized advertising network, AdEx, that creates a real alternative to the established advertising ecosystem by enabling transparency and trust like never before.”
Understanding the potential of going beyond the current capabilities of the proprietary ad marketplace, and carving a new niche of the multi-Billion online media market, Stremio decided to research the possibility of creating ad marketplace on top of one of the most important inventions of the last years – the Bitcoin Blockchain.
“We’re pleased to have Stremio’s AdEx as the first project to be presented to the WINGS DAO community for review, evaluation and funding,” said Stas Oskin, WINGS Core Developer. “Like Stremio we believe that Blockchain technology can provide a unique advantage over traditional business models by enabling transparency, optimization, and openness for market participants.”
Public Blockchains are perfectly suitable for this task, as they eliminate the need for the advertisers and publishers trusting each other. By using smart contracts, it is possible to implement the ads market model in a decentralized fashion, and the latest emerging micro-transactions technologies, enable a fast bidding process.
Realizing the need for a global community to be involved in the operations and promotion of AdEx Stremio decided to offer a unique chance to be a part of AdEx. The economic activity on the ad marketplace will be represented via Stremio AdEx tokens, which will be used by the advertisers and publishers in order to facilitate bidding, and exchange financial value between fiat and ads inventory.
The WINGS Foundation has raised 1500 BTC to date from over 1000 supporters to take project evaluation, funding, and management to another level – join at https://fly.wings.ai.
AdEx plans to start its crowdfunding campaign in early 2017, sign up at http://adex.network and get notified of developments and bounty opportunities.
Stremio focuses on the creation of innovative video solutions utilizing peer to peer network and video technologies. Stremio has raised seed funding from the Bitcoin giant BitmainTech in August of 2016. The company boasts over 500,000+ active users, over 3,000,000 downloads of the Stremio application, and adding over 100,000 new user sign-ups monthly. For more information, visit the company’s web site at www.strem.io.
The WINGS Foundation is based in Switzerland and comprised of a decentralized team of Blockchain professionals aiming to bring Blockchain-enabled projects to the mainstream. WINGS makes DAO technology accessible to entrepreneurs and companies who are looking to leverage the global reach of bitcoin and other Blockchains for project funding, the power of swarm intelligence powered forecast markets for higher quality decision-making, the versatility of smart contracts for a global decentralized agreement framework, and the ease of use of the instant messengers for audience reach. For more information, visit the WINGS website at wings.ai.
- A2B Direct to Launch a Blockchain Platform and Hold an ICO - June 24, 2017
- The ‘under the radar’ ICO, Populous. A platform tackling the Multi-Trillion Dollar international billings industry. - June 23, 2017
- Blockchain Startup TrueFlip Reinvents Business with 600 Year Long History of Fails - June 23, 2017
- EXMO exchange lists WAVES Blockchain Project - June 23, 2017
- Blockchain Startup DECENT Launch Date Announced - June 23, 2017
- Adex, A Decentralized Ad Network, Taps WINGS Platform For Community Engagement, Token Sale Value Discovery And Social Promotion - June 23, 2017
- Comcast’s Advanced Advertising Group And Participants Announce Blockchain-based Technology Platform - June 22, 2017
- Online Platform for Gamers to Release a Cryptocurrency for In-game Skins Trading; Launches an ICO - June 22, 2017
- Colu Launches Digital “Local Pound, East London” Currency to Empower Local Economies - June 21, 2017
- bitJob.io is Building a Student Employment Program on the Ethereum Blockchain – Launching ICO - June 21, 2017
- Blockchain Project Waves launches landmark USD gateway - June 21, 2017
- Status.im Raises $270m in Three Hours – Shattering Token Raise Record - June 21, 2017
- World’s First Mobile Data Exchange DENT Seeks to Disrupt Telco Market with Blockchain - June 20, 2017
- Financial Inclusion Company Everex Takes Home RemTECH Award For Ethereum Apps - June 18, 2017
- SONM Raises $42 Million in Token Raise - June 18, 2017
- WISeKey partners with the Blockchain Interface company RIDDLE&CODE to develop innovative solutions for securing IoT via Blockchain technology and crypto-hardware - June 17, 2017
- Bancor Announces $153 Million Raise, Largest Token Generation Event in History - June 17, 2017
- CORION Announces Final Coin Sale Details to Build its Revolutionary Platform & Stable-Rate Currency - June 17, 2017
- Enhancing the value of history with ZenDao – ICO announcement - June 16, 2017
- FunFair Announces Token Creation Event on June 22 for World’s Fastest Blockchain Casino Platform - June 15, 2017
- Blockchain Technology Venture Nimiq Announces Token Sale - June 14, 2017
- Outlier Ventures Makes Multi-Million Dollar Investment in Distributed IoT Marketplace ‘IOTA’ Through Major Token Purchase - June 14, 2017
- Bancor Token Allocation Event Smashes Record – Raises over $150 Million - June 13, 2017
- Consensys Introduces Omega One - June 12, 2017
- MetaX and DMA Join Forces to Launch adChain: a Blockchain Solution to Digital Advertising Fraud - June 12, 2017
- Aeternity Raises $24 million Over Phase Two of Token Sale - June 12, 2017
- HyperChain Capital announces Collaboration and Investment in CoinDash - June 12, 2017
- Community-Driven Cryptocurrency Credits Announces First Public Release - June 12, 2017
- Bancor Protocol Foundation Announces New Partners Before Upcoming Token Allocation Event - June 12, 2017
- Investors from Russia are launching a venture fund formed on blockchain - June 12, 2017
- Bancor Adds Heavyweight Advisory Team to their Foundation – Token Allocation Event Kicks off Today - June 12, 2017
- Bancor Protocol Foundation Adds Author and Euro Designer Bernard Lietaer as Chief Monetary Architect - June 10, 2017
- Russian Billionaire Announces Business Incubator on Waves Platform - June 9, 2017
- Bancor Launches Crowdfunding Valuation And Promotion Via Wings Dao On Ethereum - June 9, 2017
- Coinsilium invests in Indorse.io Decentralised Professional Network - June 8, 2017
- Cofound.it Breaks Pre-Sale Record, Selling Out With Priority Pass Before Public Token Sale - June 7, 2017
- Cofound.it Token Pre-Sale Reaches $5 Million Threshold Within Three Hours, Announces First Three Projects - June 5, 2017
- Blockchain Startup DECENT Testnet #2 Launched! - June 4, 2017
- Blockchain Challenge Dubai Announces Winners- Awarded $45,000 - June 4, 2017
- Waves Ceo Sasha Ivanov: Blockchain Will Lead To Rapid Progress Not Only In State Administration, But Also In Business - June 4, 2017
- Exscudo ICO Successfully Concluded – $5M Dollars Raised - June 1, 2017
- Aventus launches Ethereum-based Event Ticketing Solution - June 1, 2017
- Brave Token Sale Blasts Records With $35 Million in 30 Seconds - June 1, 2017
- Japanese Blockchain Startup releases VALU – Social Media Value That Can Be Traded - May 31, 2017
- MetaX and ConsenSys Announce adToken Sale June 26, 2017 - May 31, 2017
- Blockchain Indy Production Start Up to make a TV Series about the Bitcoin Revolution. Fans invest to help tell the story! - May 31, 2017
- Chat Platform Kik to Integrate Kin Token as First Mainstream Adoption of Cryptocurrency - May 31, 2017
- VPN Blockchain Startup Mysterium Network Raises 68,629 ETH ($14,358,975 USD) in under 45 minutes - May 30, 2017
- XinFin Introduces Blockchain-based Institutional Financing Marketplace Alongside Pre-ICO Token Sale - May 30, 2017
- European Energy Companies to Test Peer-to-Peer Trading Over The Blockchain - May 30, 2017