Stremio , a company that designs media center software for video entertainment focused on user experience and ease of use has chosen WINGS, a decentralized platform to create, crowdfund, join and manage projects using Blockchain and smart contracts, for their AdEx crowdfunding campaign which will use smart contracts and tokens.
Stremio’s AdEx will provide the unique value proposition of a completely transparent ad marketplace making it possible for the first time to audit the fairness of the advertising bidding process, and optimize bidding patterns – something proprietary systems refuse to offer.
WINGS combines decentralized decision-making using forecast markets for filtering out low-quality projects, valuing projects and project milestone risk assessment, while making all of this easily accessible to anyone with a smartphone via popular IM systems such as Telegram.
The projects launched using WINGS use a new coordination technology that combines Blockchains and smart contracts and is termed as “decentralized autonomous organization” (DAO). With WINGS projects are first vetted and valued by a global community before moving to the crowdfunding stage; All received project funds are kept in individual smart contract enforced escrows while participants have the ability to get involved in project governance.
“We are very excited to go with WINGS as the platform of the upcoming Stremio crowdsale. The ease of use and support of Bitcoin and RSK smart contracts are vital for us,” said Ivo Georgiev, CEO of Stremio. “Stremio will offer a decentralized advertising network, AdEx, that creates a real alternative to the established advertising ecosystem by enabling transparency and trust like never before.”
Understanding the potential of going beyond the current capabilities of the proprietary ad marketplace, and carving a new niche of the multi-Billion online media market, Stremio decided to research the possibility of creating ad marketplace on top of one of the most important inventions of the last years – the Bitcoin Blockchain.
“We’re pleased to have Stremio’s AdEx as the first project to be presented to the WINGS DAO community for review, evaluation and funding,” said Stas Oskin, WINGS Core Developer. “Like Stremio we believe that Blockchain technology can provide a unique advantage over traditional business models by enabling transparency, optimization, and openness for market participants.”
Public Blockchains are perfectly suitable for this task, as they eliminate the need for the advertisers and publishers trusting each other. By using smart contracts, it is possible to implement the ads market model in a decentralized fashion, and the latest emerging micro-transactions technologies, enable a fast bidding process.
Realizing the need for a global community to be involved in the operations and promotion of AdEx Stremio decided to offer a unique chance to be a part of AdEx. The economic activity on the ad marketplace will be represented via Stremio AdEx tokens, which will be used by the advertisers and publishers in order to facilitate bidding, and exchange financial value between fiat and ads inventory.
The WINGS Foundation has raised 1500 BTC to date from over 1000 supporters to take project evaluation, funding, and management to another level – join at https://fly.wings.ai.
AdEx plans to start its crowdfunding campaign in early 2017, sign up at http://adex.network and get notified of developments and bounty opportunities.
Stremio focuses on the creation of innovative video solutions utilizing peer to peer network and video technologies. Stremio has raised seed funding from the Bitcoin giant BitmainTech in August of 2016. The company boasts over 500,000+ active users, over 3,000,000 downloads of the Stremio application, and adding over 100,000 new user sign-ups monthly. For more information, visit the company’s web site at www.strem.io.
The WINGS Foundation is based in Switzerland and comprised of a decentralized team of Blockchain professionals aiming to bring Blockchain-enabled projects to the mainstream. WINGS makes DAO technology accessible to entrepreneurs and companies who are looking to leverage the global reach of bitcoin and other Blockchains for project funding, the power of swarm intelligence powered forecast markets for higher quality decision-making, the versatility of smart contracts for a global decentralized agreement framework, and the ease of use of the instant messengers for audience reach. For more information, visit the WINGS website at wings.ai.
- Napoleonx Plans DAFs (Decentralized Autonomous Funds) To Bridge The Gap Between Crypto And Real Assets Active Investing, Unboxing The Crypto World - August 19, 2017
- Lampix Image Mining for Augmented Reality - August 19, 2017
- BlockMason Announces First SEC-Compliant Public American ICO - August 18, 2017
- Tightened EU Regulations Enabling Blockchain Technology in Pharmaceutical Supply Chain - August 18, 2017
- Mark Cuban Portfolio Company Unikrn Seeks to Sell $100 Million in UnikoinGold tokens - August 18, 2017
- Dash To Host Its First Ever Global Conference - August 17, 2017
- LAToken Tokenized Apple Shares to Sell Them for Cryptocurrencies - August 17, 2017
- Sensay, Groundbreaking AI and Chatbot Company Launches Token Sale - August 17, 2017
- ICOBox Token Presale Attracts $8.3 Million - August 17, 2017
- Indorse, the Decentralized Professional Social Network, Receives Additional Backing From Coinsilium After $5.5 million Pre-Sale - August 16, 2017
- Decentraland Partners With imToken, Connext, and Bitcoin Suisse - August 16, 2017
- Ethereum-based Car Towing Aggregator CarTaxi Plans ICO - August 16, 2017
- Ukraine Government to Allow Foreign Investors to Purchase Real Estate Online with Propy - August 16, 2017
- Cofound.it to Launch Weekly Crowdsales through September - August 15, 2017
- Blockstream Satellite: Broadcasting Bitcoin from Space - August 15, 2017
- Dr. Christian Seberino – Houston Texas Blockchain Course Kicks Off Friday August 18, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Skycoin – Skywire Miner: Hardware for the Next Internet - August 12, 2017
- NSD and Waves kickstart development of Crypto Assets platform - August 12, 2017
- ICONOMI Introduces Columbus Capital As Its First Asset Management Partner - August 12, 2017
- Siberians to Launch ICO for Decentralized Betting eSports Platform - August 12, 2017
- Decentralized News Network Releases Alpha Update - August 12, 2017
- Gibraltar’s Fintech Sector Moves Forward – Awards Xapo E-money license - August 11, 2017
- AMBROSUS Partners with TREK THERAPEUTICS to Develop a Blockchain-powered Method to Track Quality in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing - August 11, 2017
- Outlier Ventures Becomes First VC To Hire ‘Head of Crypto-Economics’ With Appointment of Eden Dhaliwal - August 11, 2017
- Rivetz Raises $5.5 Million in RvT Token Pre-Sale; Public Token Crowdsale Begins Today, Capped at 200,000 ETH - August 10, 2017
- Leading Japanese VCs, Nippon Technology Venture Partners, FISCO Capitals, and ABBALab Inc all to invest in COMSA ICO tokens and XEM - August 10, 2017
- Binded Launches One Click U.S. Copyright Registrations - August 10, 2017
- Illinois Opens Blockchain Development Partnership with Hashed Health - August 9, 2017
- Jaxx and Cofound.it Partner to Give Best New Cryptocurrencies Immediate Liquidity - August 9, 2017
- GoldMint Project Plans to Provide 100 per cent Gold-Backed Stable Assets - August 9, 2017
- Launching a Blockchain Solution to Make Aviation Safer – Aeron.aero - August 9, 2017
- Blackmoon Financial Group Launches Blockchain-Based Platform for Tokenized Investment Funds - August 9, 2017
- SONM Launches Updated Platform With Discovery Algorithm - August 9, 2017
- AirFox Announces ICO to Make Mobile Data More Accessible and Affordable - August 8, 2017
- Golden Fleece Project To Expand Massive Altcoin Mining Ecosystem With Token Sale - August 8, 2017
- Notorious Lobbyist Jack Abramoff to Coach Bitcoin Activists in New Washington, DC-based Reality Docu-series from Blockchain Entertainment and Ignition Creative - August 8, 2017
- ATMChain’s Project In China With 7,000 Intelligent Media Screens ‘Goes Blockchain’ Through DECENT - August 8, 2017
- NEM.io Foundation Partners with Blockchain Global to Expand International Reach - August 8, 2017
- CFTE working with MAS to help ASEAN finance professionals acquire the skills of Finance 2.0 - August 8, 2017
- Rivetz International Partners with LAToken to Boost Marketplace Security on Mobile Devices - August 8, 2017
- investFeed Finishes Successful Token Generation Event - August 8, 2017
- Zen Protocol Unveils Testnet To Decentralize Finance - August 8, 2017
- Blockchain Startup JAAK Announce Official Pilot With Viacom UK - August 7, 2017
- RefToken Releases Blockchain Affiliate Platform Prototype – Announces Token Generation Event - August 5, 2017
- Dash Employs Elite Cybersecurity Service Bugcrowd to ‘Hack’ Its Blockchain - August 5, 2017
- 144,000 Free Spins up for grabs montly in BitStarz’s new Slot Battles! - August 5, 2017
- Stox Token Sale Raises $33 Million in 34 Hours – The Seventh Biggest of 2017 - August 4, 2017
- Swap Announces AIR Token Launch and AIRSWAP, a Decentralized, Peer-to-Peer Trading Platform - August 4, 2017
- investFeed Showcases First Version of Cryptocurrency-Based Social Investment Platform - August 3, 2017
- WePower Launches Blockchain-Powered Green Energy Platform and Token Sale - August 3, 2017