Microsoft announced that it has entered a partnership with AMIS and the Industrial Technology Research Institute of Taiwan (ITRI) to form Asia’s first and the most advanced consortium Blockchain network on Azure. Microsoft is also in collaboration with banks such as Ubon Financial, Cathay Financial Holdings, MegaBank, KGI, Taishin, CTBC Bank to further develop Blockchain opportunities in the Taiwan financial market.
AMIS’s Blockchain solutions utilize distributed ledger technology and cryptographic authentication, which aims to streamline financial business operations and reduce money laundering risks and other cyber-attacks. This solution can also be extended to other implementations such as Internet of Things (IoT) to further expand business opportunities.
Azure is the cloud platform of choice for enterprises. Not only is it compliant with various international standards and certifications, but it also has security and privacy features built-in, and is the only platform with BaaS.
Azure is therefore AMIS’s preferred platform for its Blockchain offering, with the following unique features:
- Highly secure and controllable platform that complies with international and industry regulations and standards
- Open, interoperable, flexible and scalable platform
- Availability of public, private and hybrid cloud models
- Business and technical support from local team based in Taiwan
Danny Ting, National Tech Officer, Microsoft Taiwan said:
“Blockchain is a catalyst that promotes cross-sector collaboration. At the moment, companies incur high costs when they perform any cross-organization transactions and this can be solved using Blockchain technology. The offering can also inspire further innovative solutions for the industry.”
“Microsoft’s BaaS helps companies build a secure, reliable and interoperable Blockchain infrastructure by leveraging Azure’s machine learning capabilities to achieve useful data insights. More importantly, Azure complies with many international and industry certifications and standards, such as ISO 27001, ISO 27018 and PCI-DSS; as well as integrates identity management and authentication capabilities to ensure the highest level of security for the broad implementation of Blockchain technology.”
The pilot Blockchain project is developed using ITRI’s cutting-edge technology and Azure, which meets a broad set of international and industry-specific compliance standards. AMIS chose Ethereum, to develop Permissioned Blockchain, an infrastructure specific to the needs of Taiwan’s financial market. ITRI provided its advanced technology to create an internal application program interface (API), while Azure provided high-speed cloud computing to ensure high security and efficiency for the Blockchain infrastructure. In addition, Microsoft also played a role in ensuring that the infrastructure met the specific requirements of financial institutions in Taiwan.
“Microsoft Azure offers a trusted cloud environment and provides AMIS with the necessary support in the areas of security, privacy, transparency and compliance. These are key in ensuring a sustainable development of local Blockchain technology,” said Alex Liu, CEO of AMIS.
Blockchain technology has been gaining traction across the globe, and in April, Microsoft became a strategic partner of R3 Consortium, and is the preferred cloud services provider for its R3 Lab and Research Center, serving more than 40 member banks. The partnership will accelerate the use of Blockchain among member banks and global financial markets.
In June, Microsoft introduced Project Bletchley which outlines Microsoft’s vision to support consortium Blockchain powered by Azure. By releasing the first Azure Quickstart Template, partners are able to deploy Blockchain technology in a much shorter timeframe.
The project spearheaded by AMIS along with ITRI will bring more efficiency and cost-savings for companies in Taiwan as it provides options for two-way payment, cross-field integration, speed up cash flow as well as app or community payment apps in the future.
In addition to providing an open and powerful cloud platform, Microsoft is bringing its global expertise and knowledge to help companies in Taiwan drive further innovations with Blockchain. The company also builds on its solid technical foundation and strong working relationship with government bodies, financial institutions, universities, law firms and other industries to provide the necessary technology and ecosystem for the development of Blockchain solutions for the banking and financial industry.
For more information on Microsoft Azure Blockchain as a Services, visit the official website: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/solutions/Blockchain/
- ICOBox Token Presale Attracts $8.3 Million - August 17, 2017
- Indorse, the Decentralized Professional Social Network, Receives Additional Backing From Coinsilium After $5.5 million Pre-Sale - August 16, 2017
- Decentraland Partners With imToken, Connext, and Bitcoin Suisse - August 16, 2017
- Ethereum-based Car Towing Aggregator CarTaxi Plans ICO - August 16, 2017
- Ukraine Government to Allow Foreign Investors to Purchase Real Estate Online with Propy - August 16, 2017
- Cofound.it to Launch Weekly Crowdsales through September - August 15, 2017
- Blockstream Satellite: Broadcasting Bitcoin from Space - August 15, 2017
- Dr. Christian Seberino – Houston Texas Blockchain Course Kicks Off Friday August 18, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Skycoin – Skywire Miner: Hardware for the Next Internet - August 12, 2017
- NSD and Waves kickstart development of Crypto Assets platform - August 12, 2017
- ICONOMI Introduces Columbus Capital As Its First Asset Management Partner - August 12, 2017
- Siberians to Launch ICO for Decentralized Betting eSports Platform - August 12, 2017
- Decentralized News Network Releases Alpha Update - August 12, 2017
- Gibraltar’s Fintech Sector Moves Forward – Awards Xapo E-money license - August 11, 2017
- AMBROSUS Partners with TREK THERAPEUTICS to Develop a Blockchain-powered Method to Track Quality in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing - August 11, 2017
- Outlier Ventures Becomes First VC To Hire ‘Head of Crypto-Economics’ With Appointment of Eden Dhaliwal - August 11, 2017
- Rivetz Raises $5.5 Million in RvT Token Pre-Sale; Public Token Crowdsale Begins Today, Capped at 200,000 ETH - August 10, 2017
- Leading Japanese VCs, Nippon Technology Venture Partners, FISCO Capitals, and ABBALab Inc all to invest in COMSA ICO tokens and XEM - August 10, 2017
- Binded Launches One Click U.S. Copyright Registrations - August 10, 2017
- Illinois Opens Blockchain Development Partnership with Hashed Health - August 9, 2017
- Jaxx and Cofound.it Partner to Give Best New Cryptocurrencies Immediate Liquidity - August 9, 2017
- GoldMint Project Plans to Provide 100 per cent Gold-Backed Stable Assets - August 9, 2017
- Launching a Blockchain Solution to Make Aviation Safer – Aeron.aero - August 9, 2017
- Blackmoon Financial Group Launches Blockchain-Based Platform for Tokenized Investment Funds - August 9, 2017
- SONM Launches Updated Platform With Discovery Algorithm - August 9, 2017
- AirFox Announces ICO to Make Mobile Data More Accessible and Affordable - August 8, 2017
- Golden Fleece Project To Expand Massive Altcoin Mining Ecosystem With Token Sale - August 8, 2017
- Notorious Lobbyist Jack Abramoff to Coach Bitcoin Activists in New Washington, DC-based Reality Docu-series from Blockchain Entertainment and Ignition Creative - August 8, 2017
- ATMChain’s Project In China With 7,000 Intelligent Media Screens ‘Goes Blockchain’ Through DECENT - August 8, 2017
- NEM.io Foundation Partners with Blockchain Global to Expand International Reach - August 8, 2017
- CFTE working with MAS to help ASEAN finance professionals acquire the skills of Finance 2.0 - August 8, 2017
- Rivetz International Partners with LAToken to Boost Marketplace Security on Mobile Devices - August 8, 2017
- investFeed Finishes Successful Token Generation Event - August 8, 2017
- Zen Protocol Unveils Testnet To Decentralize Finance - August 8, 2017
- Blockchain Startup JAAK Announce Official Pilot With Viacom UK - August 7, 2017
- RefToken Releases Blockchain Affiliate Platform Prototype – Announces Token Generation Event - August 5, 2017
- Dash Employs Elite Cybersecurity Service Bugcrowd to ‘Hack’ Its Blockchain - August 5, 2017
- 144,000 Free Spins up for grabs montly in BitStarz’s new Slot Battles! - August 5, 2017
- Stox Token Sale Raises $33 Million in 34 Hours – The Seventh Biggest of 2017 - August 4, 2017
- Swap Announces AIR Token Launch and AIRSWAP, a Decentralized, Peer-to-Peer Trading Platform - August 4, 2017
- investFeed Showcases First Version of Cryptocurrency-Based Social Investment Platform - August 3, 2017
- WePower Launches Blockchain-Powered Green Energy Platform and Token Sale - August 3, 2017
- DECENT Network introduces ATMChain - August 3, 2017
- Neufund Launches ICO Transparency Monitor to Judge ICOs Based on Smart Contract Design - August 3, 2017
- Bitfinex announces Ethfinex – a new community discussion and exchange platform for Ethereum crowdsales and tokens. - August 3, 2017
- Dutch Foundation Wants to Disrupt Charities Using Blockchain Technology - August 3, 2017
- Everex Officially Partners With Myanmar-based MicroMoney - August 3, 2017
- Tech Bureau Japan Launches Cryptocurrency Fundraising Medium, “COMSA” - August 3, 2017
- StreamSpace Token Generation Event to Support Innovative Film Distribution Platform - August 2, 2017
- Singapore Authorities Clarify Regulatory Position On ICOs – Securities in Some Cases – Following SEC Lead - August 2, 2017