Microsoft announced that it has entered a partnership with AMIS and the Industrial Technology Research Institute of Taiwan (ITRI) to form Asia’s first and the most advanced consortium Blockchain network on Azure. Microsoft is also in collaboration with banks such as Ubon Financial, Cathay Financial Holdings, MegaBank, KGI, Taishin, CTBC Bank to further develop Blockchain opportunities in the Taiwan financial market.
AMIS’s Blockchain solutions utilize distributed ledger technology and cryptographic authentication, which aims to streamline financial business operations and reduce money laundering risks and other cyber-attacks. This solution can also be extended to other implementations such as Internet of Things (IoT) to further expand business opportunities.
Azure is the cloud platform of choice for enterprises. Not only is it compliant with various international standards and certifications, but it also has security and privacy features built-in, and is the only platform with BaaS.
Azure is therefore AMIS’s preferred platform for its Blockchain offering, with the following unique features:
- Highly secure and controllable platform that complies with international and industry regulations and standards
- Open, interoperable, flexible and scalable platform
- Availability of public, private and hybrid cloud models
- Business and technical support from local team based in Taiwan
Danny Ting, National Tech Officer, Microsoft Taiwan said:
“Blockchain is a catalyst that promotes cross-sector collaboration. At the moment, companies incur high costs when they perform any cross-organization transactions and this can be solved using Blockchain technology. The offering can also inspire further innovative solutions for the industry.”
“Microsoft’s BaaS helps companies build a secure, reliable and interoperable Blockchain infrastructure by leveraging Azure’s machine learning capabilities to achieve useful data insights. More importantly, Azure complies with many international and industry certifications and standards, such as ISO 27001, ISO 27018 and PCI-DSS; as well as integrates identity management and authentication capabilities to ensure the highest level of security for the broad implementation of Blockchain technology.”
The pilot Blockchain project is developed using ITRI’s cutting-edge technology and Azure, which meets a broad set of international and industry-specific compliance standards. AMIS chose Ethereum, to develop Permissioned Blockchain, an infrastructure specific to the needs of Taiwan’s financial market. ITRI provided its advanced technology to create an internal application program interface (API), while Azure provided high-speed cloud computing to ensure high security and efficiency for the Blockchain infrastructure. In addition, Microsoft also played a role in ensuring that the infrastructure met the specific requirements of financial institutions in Taiwan.
“Microsoft Azure offers a trusted cloud environment and provides AMIS with the necessary support in the areas of security, privacy, transparency and compliance. These are key in ensuring a sustainable development of local Blockchain technology,” said Alex Liu, CEO of AMIS.
Blockchain technology has been gaining traction across the globe, and in April, Microsoft became a strategic partner of R3 Consortium, and is the preferred cloud services provider for its R3 Lab and Research Center, serving more than 40 member banks. The partnership will accelerate the use of Blockchain among member banks and global financial markets.
In June, Microsoft introduced Project Bletchley which outlines Microsoft’s vision to support consortium Blockchain powered by Azure. By releasing the first Azure Quickstart Template, partners are able to deploy Blockchain technology in a much shorter timeframe.
The project spearheaded by AMIS along with ITRI will bring more efficiency and cost-savings for companies in Taiwan as it provides options for two-way payment, cross-field integration, speed up cash flow as well as app or community payment apps in the future.
In addition to providing an open and powerful cloud platform, Microsoft is bringing its global expertise and knowledge to help companies in Taiwan drive further innovations with Blockchain. The company also builds on its solid technical foundation and strong working relationship with government bodies, financial institutions, universities, law firms and other industries to provide the necessary technology and ecosystem for the development of Blockchain solutions for the banking and financial industry.
For more information on Microsoft Azure Blockchain as a Services, visit the official website: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/solutions/Blockchain/
- Sun Exchange Raises $1.6 Million Seed Investment to Catalyze Global Shift to Solar Power - October 22, 2017
- Brickblock And Nakamo.to Announce Partnership To Fuse Real-world Asset Trading With The Potential Of IOTA’s Tangle Network - October 22, 2017
- Wirex inks deal with SBI Holdings to establish Asia focussed joint venture – Japanese cryptocurrency payments card expected soon - October 22, 2017
- CrowdWiz successfully raises over $5 million in its pre sale to bring democracy to investing by cutting out the middleman - October 22, 2017
- Soma – launches ICO to tackle marketplace fraud and disrupt the $1.7 trillion global second-hand goods industry - October 22, 2017
- LiveEdu.tv Launches ICO and Announces Presale - October 22, 2017
- Yetta announces ICO of European Commission funded Blockchain Research and Development - October 22, 2017
- Pulsar Venture Capital Holds ICO to Raise Money Using Blockchain - October 19, 2017
- Dash Expands Reach In Asia Through Cooperation With Rising Fintech Company QUOINE - October 19, 2017
- Hacken and Neuromation Partnership Launched to Stomp out Blockchain Cybercrime - October 19, 2017
- Playkey Brings in $1 Million in Pre-Sale Campaign and Welcomes Dillon Seo as VR Advisor - October 19, 2017
- SolarCoin Founders Introduce New Blockchain-Based Network for Global, Decentralized Energy Trading - October 19, 2017
- Kazakhstan’s Lendex.io plans ICO in early 2018 - October 19, 2017
- Swissborg – The Blockchain Era of Swiss Private Banking – Announced ICO - October 19, 2017
- Bank4YOU Group’s launches ICO end of October – Investors Call to Action - October 19, 2017
- Live Pre-sale of Trive: Fights Fake News Using Cryptocurrency and Crowdsourced Research - October 19, 2017
- A New Ozone Layer? Arcona Plans for Augmented Reality Layer to Cover Earth Surface in new AR project - October 19, 2017
- Cofound.it Introduces Seed Program for Early Blockchain Startups - October 19, 2017
- LOOMIA Announces Collaboration With Storj Labs, Introduces Smart Fabrics and Consumer Data to Blockchain Technology - October 19, 2017
- DECENT Launches Beta Release of DECENT GO, The First Decentralized Marketplace for Digital Content - October 19, 2017
- Orebits Corporation, Inc. Announces Orebits Pool, LLC and Orebits.AU Eco-System - October 19, 2017
- Pareto – the Peer to Peer Financial Content Marketplace Announces Token Sale - October 19, 2017
- Appsolutely Launches the LoyalPlatform, LoyalCoin and LoyalWallet; Using Blockchain to Usher in the New “Loyalty Economy” - October 19, 2017
- Eidoo Raises $27.9m In Successful ICO To Bridge The Cryptocurrency Gap And Open The World Of Digital Currencies To The Masses - October 19, 2017
- Malta-based RoboAdvisorCoin (RAC) Launches Token Sale for Robo-Advisor Dedicated to Cryptocurrencies and Digital Assets - October 19, 2017
- BLOCKv Announces the Availability of VEE Tokens Through Its Upcoming Token Generation Event – Open to Public on October 19, 2017 - October 19, 2017
- The Fundchain initiative starts again this year with new Research & Development roadmap for the investment fund industry - October 19, 2017
- Digital Cryptocurrency Vault DigiPulse Reaches $1 million in Token Sale - October 19, 2017
- Tickets Cloud Kicks off crypto.tickets ICO - October 19, 2017
- Ex-JP Morgan Vice President Dr Joseph Chen-Yu Wang Joins Ambrosus as Project Manager - October 19, 2017
- Russian Wood for Cryptocurrency – Timber! - October 19, 2017
- Proof Suite Announces Token Sale for Blockchain Platform Designed to Tokenize and Insure Real World Assets - October 19, 2017
- DataWallet Announces Blockchain-Based, Consumer-to-Business Data Exchange - October 19, 2017
- IEEE Releases Findings from First Detailed Study of Blockchain Adoption in the Pharmaceutical Enterprise - October 19, 2017
- Horizon State Launches Token Sale to Modernize Global Voting and Collaborative Decision Making - October 19, 2017
- Metaps Plans to Launch Time Marketplace ‘Timebank’ Token Sale on COMSA - October 19, 2017
- Lykke Vanuatu brings Binary.com tokens to Lykke Vanuatu Exchange - October 19, 2017
- After raising $15M in a pre-sale, BitClave is ramping up for its Nov 8 crowdsale, and its plans to redefine the search experience - October 19, 2017
- Kazakhstan Is About To Launch The First Cryptocurrency, Directly Backed By Fiat Money - October 19, 2017
- Positive.com launches to protect Initial Coin Offerings from cyber attack - October 19, 2017
- Latium Launches LATX Cryptocurrency Token Sale for Participation in AI-Based Tasking Platform - October 18, 2017
- IBM Announces Major Blockchain Solution to Speed Global Payments - October 18, 2017
- Launch of SMSCHAIN, a Blockchain-based SMS Gateway - October 18, 2017
- Streamr Concludes a 30 Million CHF Crowd Contribution Period to Build Decentralized Real-Time Data Economy - October 18, 2017
- Publica Building New eCommerce Platform for the Publishing Ecosystem – Token Sale Coming Soon - October 18, 2017
- BLOCKv Partners with Storj Labs to Provide Decentralized Storage Architecture and New Toolsets to Power Next Generation Digital Objects - October 18, 2017
- Coinme Announces the Start of the UpToken Sale Today With Over $40 Million USD in Pre-Registration Signups - October 18, 2017
- Blockbid Announces Launch Of ICO Backed By Multi-Cryptocurrency Trading Platform - October 18, 2017
- SportyFi – Decentralized Sports Investment Start-up Endorsed by Soccer Superstar Roberto Carlos - October 16, 2017
- Acronis Joins Runa Capital and Parallels In Accelerating Innovation and Supporting Blockchain Initiatives in Malta - October 16, 2017