Wyre, a San Francisco FinTech company making cross-border payments faster and more cost effective using the Blockchain, today launched its cross-border payments platform also called Wyre.
Wyre is the industry’s fastest money transfer platform, enabling businesses to move money across borders from country-to-country at a super competitive foreign exchange rate.
Wyre also announced its $5.8 million in Series A funding led by Chinese venture firm Amphora Capital with participation from two of the largest payments companies in China 9fBank and Baofoo.com, along with Digital Currency Group, Draper Associates and other prominent Silicon Valley angel investors.
At launch, Wyre’s platform is available in the United States and China; the Series A round will help the company quickly expand to Europe and Latin America.
“It is estimated that the demand for cross-border payment from Chinese companies and investors could reach $1.5 trillion USD within the next five years. Wyre is well positioned as a market leader to facilitate those transactions faster and at a lower cost. We believe Wyre’s cross-border technology will revolutionize global payment and remittance and have since made a sizable investment into the company,” said Sam Lin, chief financial officer of 9fBank.com. “Wyre’s continued tremendous growth in 2016 will no doubt carry into 2017 and years beyond.”
Currently, there’s a monthly volume of $35M being transferred in cross-border business payments via the Blockchain and Wyre accounts for 90% of those transactions.
How Wyre Works
Wyre reduces the amount of time and money it takes to make cross-border payments by transferring money in same day transfers at the most competitive exchange rates available today. Cross-border payments typically take 24-72 hours or more and charge ~1 – 4.5% of the transaction in fees depending on the service; this accounts for a projected $360 billion in fees in 2019.*
Wyre aims to be the new infrastructure for well-established payment heavyweights who can leverage their Blockchain-based technology platform to make their businesses faster and more cost effective.
- Wyre takes deposits from large payment companies that plug into their API.
- The payment companies pass across thousands of transactions onto Wyre’s Blockchain based payment rails.
- Wyre then delivers the funds as instructed at the most competitive rate possible, usually at a rate between ~1 – 4.5% and in the shortest amount of time, typically in less than six hours, compared to the industry standard which is 24-72 hours.
Wyre acts as the intermediary between the more intimidating “Blockchain” technology in which some companies may not be familiar with, or unsure how to get started. Wyre removes all the confusion from the learning curve, and provides a simple, slick API for companies to get involved without needing to educate themselves on the nuances of this complex, new technology.
International Companies Using Wyre
Wyre processes more than $1M in international payments per day, experiences nearly 25% month-over-month growth and anticipates being one of the largest cross-border payment platforms within the next 12 months.
Wyre has been quietly operating for the past 10 months in a private beta with select large-scale business, including NihaoPay that powers payments for WeChat.
“Wyre has revolutionized international payments,” said Yuanbo Wang, chief executive officer of You.World, former chief executive officer of NihaoPay. “Our customers are happier than ever with the speed and super low cost of money transfers.”
“Current wire services are difficult, expensive and take too long. In a generation of instant gratification, we believe that money transfer should be too,” said Michael Dunworth, chief executive officer and co-founder, Wyre.
For more information and to begin using Wyre, visit www.sendWyre.com
Businesses across the globe use Wyre to transfer money across borders from country-to-country, quickly and cheaply. Founded in 2016 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wyre is a FinTech company that processes more than $2 million in international payments per day using the Blockchain. The company is seeing nearly 25% month-over-month growth and anticipates being one of the largest cross-border payment platforms by 2018. Wyre is backed by Draper Associates, 9fBank, Amphora Capital, Baofoo, Digital Currency Group, and prominent Silicon Valley angel investors and has raised $7.5M to date.
- SportyFi – Decentralized Sports Investment Start-up Endorsed by Soccer Superstar Roberto Carlos - October 16, 2017
- Acronis Joins Runa Capital and Parallels In Accelerating Innovation and Supporting Blockchain Initiatives in Malta - October 16, 2017
- Jaxx Allows First Crowdsale Participation with STORM Token - October 16, 2017
- Hyperledger Knits New Project – Hyperledger Quilt - October 16, 2017
- Legolas Exchange Partners With BanQix to Protect Institutional Investors - October 16, 2017
- MARK.SPACE Announces Launch Of Blockchain-powered VR-platform With Upcoming Token Crowdsale - October 16, 2017
- IRTI Partners With Ateon And Settlemint To Develop Blockchain-based Products For Financial Inclusion - October 16, 2017
- Golden Alliance Coin Announces ICO – For Mining Gold - October 16, 2017
- Media Aggregator Esports Gold Announces $5 Million Ethereum Token Sale - October 16, 2017
- MinexCoin: Park the Volatility! - October 16, 2017
- Ambrosus Token Generation Event (TGE) Officially Cracks the Largest Blockchain Crowdfunded Projects in History - October 15, 2017
- Freedom Streaming Announces An ICO For The First Uncensored And Anonymous Live Streaming Platform - October 14, 2017
- MicroMoney starts a $30,000,000 token distribution campaign - October 14, 2017
- Announcing the First Members of the DataBrokerDAO Alliance - October 14, 2017
- STK Global Payments Announce Global Advisory Board – Token Sale - October 14, 2017
- Zilliqa Breaks 2,400 Transactions per Second with their ‘Sharding’ Blockchain - October 13, 2017
- Dappbase Launches High-Performance Infrastructure for Decentralized App Developers - October 13, 2017
- bitJob Raises $2 Million to Launch Decentralized Platform for Student Employment - October 13, 2017
- Particl Unveils Its Confidential Cryptocurrency Transactions - October 13, 2017
- Waves To Develop “liquid Democracy” Applications - October 13, 2017
- DECENT Updates Core – New User Issued Assets and More - October 13, 2017
- Dash for Dope – Digital Payments Platform Alt Thirty Six Selects Dash As Payment Method of Choice for New Retail Sectors - October 13, 2017
- Garvan Institute And E-nome Enter Strategic Alliance To Enhance Medical Research Data Management Through Blockchain Tech - October 13, 2017
- Moody’s: New Payment Technologies Pose Threat, But Incumbents Unlikely To Be Displaced - October 13, 2017
- ZAP Token Distribution Event to Begin October 21, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- AirFox Raises $15 Million in Successful ICO, Brings New Mobile Banking Solutions to Emerging Markets - October 12, 2017
- HydroMiner Token Sale Starts October 18th – Austrian Regulators Approve - October 12, 2017
- The SBM Group and SALT Technology Enter Exploratory Partnership to Collateralize Blockchain Assets - October 12, 2017
- ExHasta: Integrating and Empowering Innovators – Announces Token Sale - October 12, 2017
- Tech Veterans Set Up Global Public Offering Fund To Turn Top U.S. Startups Into Asia-Pacific Listed Unicorns - October 11, 2017
- ZenCash Partners With Welto to Allow Bill Payment in Cryptocurrency - October 11, 2017
- Cryptopay Plans to Tie Investments to Service Performance Metrics - October 11, 2017
- Boosteroid Wants to Squeeze Google and Amazon on the Cloud Computing Market - October 11, 2017
- Fiinu Launches Pre-sale Ahead Of ICO - October 11, 2017
- Famous Russia-based startup BioCoin closes first round of presale with $2.5 mln raised - October 11, 2017
- eSports Platform EloPlay to Hold a Token Sale - October 11, 2017
- CapLinked Partners With Storj Labs, Moves Enterprise Document Management to Blockchain Technology - October 11, 2017
- Ethfinex and Cofound.it Collaborate to Bring Trust to Blockchain Economy - October 11, 2017
- Exscudo launches Bug Bounty campaign - October 11, 2017
- Blockchain Capital and TaaS Join BLOCKv, a User Interface for Blockchain Tokens - October 11, 2017
- Lufthansa Group Partners Up With Winding Tree To Bring Blockchain Technology To The Travel Industry - October 10, 2017
- Peer Mountain Launches Distributed System of Trust to Give Data Control Back to Consumers - October 10, 2017
- Revolutionary Ico Aimed At Tackling Waste Surplus And Energy Shortfall Announced - October 10, 2017
- Streamr, the Decentralized Real-Time Data Economy, Joins the Trusted IoT Alliance - October 10, 2017
- Exscudo and Crypto.Tickets exclusive partnership opens a new market for cryptocurrency - October 10, 2017
- Guardian Circle Turns to Blockchain for Global Decentralized 9-1-1 Emergency Response - October 10, 2017
- NEM Foundation Partners with Metaps Plus, Expanding Korean Presence - October 10, 2017
- StormX Lowers Community Appreciation Sale Cap Due to Overwhelming Demand - October 10, 2017
- Token Report to Provide Membership Access to World’s Largest Database on ICOs - October 10, 2017
- BLOCKv Adds Visionary Futurist Peter Diamandis and Serial Entrepreneur and Investor Gil Penchina to its Advisory Board - October 10, 2017