Wyre, a San Francisco FinTech company making cross-border payments faster and more cost effective using the Blockchain, today launched its cross-border payments platform also called Wyre.
Wyre is the industry’s fastest money transfer platform, enabling businesses to move money across borders from country-to-country at a super competitive foreign exchange rate.
Wyre also announced its $5.8 million in Series A funding led by Chinese venture firm Amphora Capital with participation from two of the largest payments companies in China 9fBank and Baofoo.com, along with Digital Currency Group, Draper Associates and other prominent Silicon Valley angel investors.
At launch, Wyre’s platform is available in the United States and China; the Series A round will help the company quickly expand to Europe and Latin America.
“It is estimated that the demand for cross-border payment from Chinese companies and investors could reach $1.5 trillion USD within the next five years. Wyre is well positioned as a market leader to facilitate those transactions faster and at a lower cost. We believe Wyre’s cross-border technology will revolutionize global payment and remittance and have since made a sizable investment into the company,” said Sam Lin, chief financial officer of 9fBank.com. “Wyre’s continued tremendous growth in 2016 will no doubt carry into 2017 and years beyond.”
Currently, there’s a monthly volume of $35M being transferred in cross-border business payments via the Blockchain and Wyre accounts for 90% of those transactions.
How Wyre Works
Wyre reduces the amount of time and money it takes to make cross-border payments by transferring money in same day transfers at the most competitive exchange rates available today. Cross-border payments typically take 24-72 hours or more and charge ~1 – 4.5% of the transaction in fees depending on the service; this accounts for a projected $360 billion in fees in 2019.*
Wyre aims to be the new infrastructure for well-established payment heavyweights who can leverage their Blockchain-based technology platform to make their businesses faster and more cost effective.
- Wyre takes deposits from large payment companies that plug into their API.
- The payment companies pass across thousands of transactions onto Wyre’s Blockchain based payment rails.
- Wyre then delivers the funds as instructed at the most competitive rate possible, usually at a rate between ~1 – 4.5% and in the shortest amount of time, typically in less than six hours, compared to the industry standard which is 24-72 hours.
Wyre acts as the intermediary between the more intimidating “Blockchain” technology in which some companies may not be familiar with, or unsure how to get started. Wyre removes all the confusion from the learning curve, and provides a simple, slick API for companies to get involved without needing to educate themselves on the nuances of this complex, new technology.
International Companies Using Wyre
Wyre processes more than $1M in international payments per day, experiences nearly 25% month-over-month growth and anticipates being one of the largest cross-border payment platforms within the next 12 months.
Wyre has been quietly operating for the past 10 months in a private beta with select large-scale business, including NihaoPay that powers payments for WeChat.
“Wyre has revolutionized international payments,” said Yuanbo Wang, chief executive officer of You.World, former chief executive officer of NihaoPay. “Our customers are happier than ever with the speed and super low cost of money transfers.”
“Current wire services are difficult, expensive and take too long. In a generation of instant gratification, we believe that money transfer should be too,” said Michael Dunworth, chief executive officer and co-founder, Wyre.
For more information and to begin using Wyre, visit www.sendWyre.com
Businesses across the globe use Wyre to transfer money across borders from country-to-country, quickly and cheaply. Founded in 2016 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wyre is a FinTech company that processes more than $2 million in international payments per day using the Blockchain. The company is seeing nearly 25% month-over-month growth and anticipates being one of the largest cross-border payment platforms by 2018. Wyre is backed by Draper Associates, 9fBank, Amphora Capital, Baofoo, Digital Currency Group, and prominent Silicon Valley angel investors and has raised $7.5M to date.
- Spotify acquires Blockchain Startup Mediachain Labs - April 29, 2017
- Trusted Identities in Blockchain Apps Shown to Work To Benefit Healthcare and Pharma - April 28, 2017
- Ten More Banks Join Ripple’s Global Payments Network - April 28, 2017
- Token.FM, First Blockchain-Based Direct-to-Fan Music Platform, to Launch Initial Trial in May, Opens Series A Round - April 28, 2017
- Mysterium To Build Blockchain-based VPN for Secure, Anonymous Internet Connection - April 28, 2017
- TaaS token crowdsale concludes with $7.7 million raised - April 28, 2017
- Humaniq Humanitarian Blockchain ICO breaks the $5 million barrier - April 28, 2017
- Exscudo, Blockchain Financial Services Provider Launches ICO - April 27, 2017
- Kibo Platforms’ Beta Version Be Launched in the Beginning of May - April 25, 2017
- Distributed Cloud Platform iEx.ec attracts $12M in Three Hours in ICO - April 25, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Working Group – Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) – The Way Forward - April 25, 2017
- Blockchain App Humaniq’s HMQ Token to be Traded on Six Exchanges - April 24, 2017
- Five days left until Blockchain Startup Exscudo ICO - April 21, 2017
- Apptrade to Reward Crowdsale Participants with Three Percent Bonus - April 21, 2017
- Blockchain Technology Startup Humaniq Raises $3.8M and Signs Contract With Deloitte - April 21, 2017
- Monolith Studio Announces Crowdsale for TokenCard, the First Debit Card Powered by Smart Contracts - April 20, 2017
- Blockchain Co. SingularDTV Recruits Hollywood VP - April 18, 2017
- Factom Closes Extended Series A Round of $8 Million Following Harmony Product Launch - April 18, 2017
- Interview with Back to Earth founder Clay Space - April 18, 2017
- Ethereum Movie Initial Coin Offering Sell Out - April 18, 2017
- Insurtech Startup Etherisc Wins “Blockchain Oscar” for Innovative Insurance Platform - April 14, 2017
- India’s Blockchain Community Launches Digital Asset and Blockchain Foundation - April 14, 2017
- UK EPSRC Supports Seven Blockchain Projects with £3.6 Million - April 14, 2017
- Dutch National Blockchain Coalition Presents Action Agenda - April 14, 2017
- Broadridge, J.P. Morgan, Northern Trust and Banco Santander Successfully Complete Pilot of for Blockchain Voting - April 14, 2017
- Blockgeeks Labs to Hold Blockchain Hackathon in Toronto - April 14, 2017
- Exscudo network EON coins are available for pre-order - April 13, 2017
- One of Big Four accounting firms is now legal adviser of Exscudo - April 12, 2017
- Dash Cryptocurrency Signs on with Kraken - April 12, 2017
- Blockchain Capital Closes ICO – $10 Million in Six Hours Raised in Record Time - April 11, 2017
- Ethereum meets Hyperledger – Burrow Ethereum Smart Contract Machine to Join Hyperledger - April 11, 2017
- Porsche Announces First Blockchain Contest - April 10, 2017
- Fidelity Labs Joins IC3 Blockchain Group - April 10, 2017
- Global Graphchain Project FERMAT Announces Distributed Governance Model Featuring Contribution Contracts - April 10, 2017
- Coinsilium and Oraclize sign MoU to form Strategic Alliance - April 10, 2017
- Industry Thought Leaders Invest With Blockchain Capital in its Ground-Breaking ICO - April 8, 2017
- Novus To Launch Innovative Blockchain Advanced File Index System - April 5, 2017
- Lykke Announces OEM Services – Lykke Accelerator - April 5, 2017
- BitHub.Africa Announces ICO Campaign to Foster Region’s Cryptocurrency Ecosystem - April 5, 2017
- SibCoin: Siberia Down, China to Go - April 4, 2017
- Groundbreaking Blockchain Research to Feature at International Financial Cryptography Conference - April 4, 2017
- Exscudo, The Nextgen Financial System, Announces ICO - April 4, 2017
- A Film by Manuel Stagars – The Blockchain And Us Video Documentary – Released in Full - April 4, 2017
- Genpact Harnesses Blockchain Technology to Transform F&A Operations to Improve Cash Flow and Enhance Customer Experience - April 4, 2017
- Blockchain Startup TaaS Partners With Exchange Platforms - April 4, 2017
- Synereo announces Qrator – The First Attention Economy App - April 4, 2017
- Blockchain Capital Releases Offering Memorandum for Its $10 Million Digital Token Offering - April 4, 2017
- Lykke Announces Availability of Blockchain Startup ChronoBank TIME Token - April 3, 2017
- Blockchain Workspace Launches Blockchain Education Company in Amsterdam, Netherlands - April 3, 2017
- Blockchain Startup SingularDTV Goes Hollywood - April 1, 2017