Wyre, a San Francisco FinTech company making cross-border payments faster and more cost effective using the Blockchain, today launched its cross-border payments platform also called Wyre.
Wyre is the industry’s fastest money transfer platform, enabling businesses to move money across borders from country-to-country at a super competitive foreign exchange rate.
Wyre also announced its $5.8 million in Series A funding led by Chinese venture firm Amphora Capital with participation from two of the largest payments companies in China 9fBank and Baofoo.com, along with Digital Currency Group, Draper Associates and other prominent Silicon Valley angel investors.
At launch, Wyre’s platform is available in the United States and China; the Series A round will help the company quickly expand to Europe and Latin America.
“It is estimated that the demand for cross-border payment from Chinese companies and investors could reach $1.5 trillion USD within the next five years. Wyre is well positioned as a market leader to facilitate those transactions faster and at a lower cost. We believe Wyre’s cross-border technology will revolutionize global payment and remittance and have since made a sizable investment into the company,” said Sam Lin, chief financial officer of 9fBank.com. “Wyre’s continued tremendous growth in 2016 will no doubt carry into 2017 and years beyond.”
Currently, there’s a monthly volume of $35M being transferred in cross-border business payments via the Blockchain and Wyre accounts for 90% of those transactions.
How Wyre Works
Wyre reduces the amount of time and money it takes to make cross-border payments by transferring money in same day transfers at the most competitive exchange rates available today. Cross-border payments typically take 24-72 hours or more and charge ~1 – 4.5% of the transaction in fees depending on the service; this accounts for a projected $360 billion in fees in 2019.*
Wyre aims to be the new infrastructure for well-established payment heavyweights who can leverage their Blockchain-based technology platform to make their businesses faster and more cost effective.
- Wyre takes deposits from large payment companies that plug into their API.
- The payment companies pass across thousands of transactions onto Wyre’s Blockchain based payment rails.
- Wyre then delivers the funds as instructed at the most competitive rate possible, usually at a rate between ~1 – 4.5% and in the shortest amount of time, typically in less than six hours, compared to the industry standard which is 24-72 hours.
Wyre acts as the intermediary between the more intimidating “Blockchain” technology in which some companies may not be familiar with, or unsure how to get started. Wyre removes all the confusion from the learning curve, and provides a simple, slick API for companies to get involved without needing to educate themselves on the nuances of this complex, new technology.
International Companies Using Wyre
Wyre processes more than $1M in international payments per day, experiences nearly 25% month-over-month growth and anticipates being one of the largest cross-border payment platforms within the next 12 months.
Wyre has been quietly operating for the past 10 months in a private beta with select large-scale business, including NihaoPay that powers payments for WeChat.
“Wyre has revolutionized international payments,” said Yuanbo Wang, chief executive officer of You.World, former chief executive officer of NihaoPay. “Our customers are happier than ever with the speed and super low cost of money transfers.”
“Current wire services are difficult, expensive and take too long. In a generation of instant gratification, we believe that money transfer should be too,” said Michael Dunworth, chief executive officer and co-founder, Wyre.
For more information and to begin using Wyre, visit www.sendWyre.com
Businesses across the globe use Wyre to transfer money across borders from country-to-country, quickly and cheaply. Founded in 2016 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wyre is a FinTech company that processes more than $2 million in international payments per day using the Blockchain. The company is seeing nearly 25% month-over-month growth and anticipates being one of the largest cross-border payment platforms by 2018. Wyre is backed by Draper Associates, 9fBank, Amphora Capital, Baofoo, Digital Currency Group, and prominent Silicon Valley angel investors and has raised $7.5M to date.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017