Adchain, an Ethereum-based blockchain technology tailored for the online advertising industry, has partnered with ConsenSys, a blockchain venture studio building decentralized applications focused on the Ethereum platform, to develop an industry-first blockchain solution tailored for the online advertising industry.
Digital Advertising: A Flawed Ecosystem
Advertising is a big growth industry. Global ad spending reached $542.55 billion in 2016, driven by bigger investments in digital advertising. In the U.S. alone, digital accounts for $60 billion, roughly 33 percent, of $183 billion in total ad spending. Despite the industry’s continued growth, digital advertising lacks many of the core building blocks that make an ecosystem secure, costing the industry billions of dollars a year.
For example, the industry’s siloed data and limited standards make it impossible to identify many types of fraudulent behavior. As a result, nefarious actors exploit gaps and lack of transparency to steal value from the digital supply chain. The ecosystem is missing a common language to coordinate and eliminate these fraud perpetrators.
These issues are exacerbated by continued fragmentation between advertising channels and protocols. The real-time buying and selling of inventory across a wide array of new platforms results in little visibility into who’s buying what – ultimately adding stress to an already flawed backbone.
“Fraud and inefficiencies in the supply chain cost the industry $8.2 billion annually – and that’s a conservative figure. Fraud is impossible to audit today,” said Ken Brook, founder and CEO of adChain. “The Methbot discovery, which stole up to $5 million daily from top advertisers and publishers, is only the tip of the iceberg and underscores the critical need for a new infrastructure.”
Blockchain: The Optimal Solution to Solve Ad Fraud
Blockchain has the capability to transform digital advertising. For example, it can provide transparency into the supply chain using a shared ledger which also provides an audit trail. Beyond ad delivery verification, blockchain is also the only solution to provide a universal data set and common language everyone understands and trusts – becoming the single source of truth that all participants can access to work together and eliminate fraud.
“There is tremendous value and disruption potential of this technology beyond fintech. The development of smart contract-based applications in digital advertising is an ideal use case for blockchain,” said Joseph Lubin, founder, ConsenSys. “Supply chains and value chains are ideal use cases for Ethereum as it enables many cooperating and competing participants to work fluidly together on a shared platform that they can all trust to realize an efficient and fraud-resistant n-sided marketplace. We’ve been iterating on the adChain blockchain implementation for almost a year and believe adChain will significantly change the way advertisers and publishers operate their supply chains to exchange ad impressions.”
“We have a big vision and it’s one we think ethereum developers will appreciate. The problems that plague online advertising require a scalable blockchain solution and the skills and intelligence of the developer community, who always appreciate a solid challenge. ConsenSys brings extensive technical and market expertise in the implementation of blockchain protocols and applications. They are the perfect partner to bring the two worlds of the crypto community and online advertising together.”
Xlabs Series: Calling Los Angeles Application Developers
adChain is hosting a workshop series, Xlabs, to educate developers on blockchain development. Developers will also have access to a set of APIs and tools to build decentralized applications (DApps) on the adChain blockchain. The adChain implementation showcases how Ethereum applies to digital advertising and the many problems that need to be solved.
The first event takes place Thursday, January 26th. For more details and to register, visit: https://www.meetup.com/Ethereum-Los-Angeles/events/236779580/. To receive access to video of event recordings contact: hello(at)adchain.com.
adChain is unlocking the power of blockchain for digital advertising. The company is founded by advertising industry veterans and based in Los Angeles. To sign up for company updates, please visit:https://www.adchain.com/.
ConsenSys is a venture production studio and custom software development consultancy building decentralized applications (DApps), enterprise solutions and developer tools for blockchain ecosystems, focused primarily on Ethereum. Powered by smart contracts and secured through encryption, our applications provide the benefits of transparency, auditability, and immutability that are unique to blockchain-based solutions. For more information please go to www.consensys.net.
- OpenLedger’s Apptrade (www.apptrade.io), the platform creating “Kickstarter for Apps on the Blockchain”, has received a $100,000 USD boost from OpenLedger ApS, the world’s first blockchain powered conglomerate. Powered by the digital token APPX, Apptrade creates portfolios, or groups, of apps, where if one of those apps becomes the next Instagram or Angry Birds, then the value of the portfolio rises. Ronny Boesing, CEO of OpenLedger ApS, explained that Apptrade’s initial token offering (ITO) changed its valuation in the middle of its crowd sale as an immediate response to the result of its preliminary offering. Boesing said, “The Apptrade platform is much too important to not succeed, and it was clear that we needed to adjust the valuation to make it more appealing to anyone deciding to participate. In addition, we wanted to show our belief in this project, and felt that there was no better way to show this than putting our money where our mouth is. OpenLedger will be adding a total of $100 000 USD to the Crowdsale over the next 7 days.” The minimum fundraising goal is $1M USD with a cap of $5M USD. With a total of 8.25M APPX tokens on offer, OpenLedger’s Apptrade ApS will back these tokens with 20% of the future revenue from the Apptrade platform, and any unsold tokens will therefore be distributed proportionally to all participants. All early bird participants, as well new participants, will receive the extra tokens according to the published Stage 1 structure, plus benefit from the additional tokens to be divided. Daniel Pineda, Founder of Apptrade says, “After listening carefully to feedback from public and private supporters, and with great consideration, we decided to update our master token valuation. We firmly believe that our platform, built on the ecosystem of OpenLedger and powerful BitShares financial trading technology, is a strong Blockchain project that will be a success for years to come. We feel that this is the right action to ensure a satisfactory outcome for all.” Apptrade’s final valuation is going to be based on the amount raised, whether $1M USD as its threshold or money back guarantee, or the maximum of $5M USD. The valuation of the Apptrade platform will be determined on what is raised. The deadline according to the escrow agreement is set to end on April 30 2017. Boesing continued, “This approach and change of valuation resulted from requests from within the community, and we hope to accommodate many more participants. But one thing is clear to all of the Early Birds – this is your lucky day!” - March 27, 2017
- Factom Launches Revolutionary Blockchain Suite of Mortgage Products - March 24, 2017
- Qtum Shatters ICO Records Raising $15.6 Million - March 24, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Sphre Announces ICO (Crowdsale) for Digital Identity Platform Called Air - March 22, 2017
- Kestrel sign ups to MTI’s blockchain driven solutions to deliver global growth - March 22, 2017
- The G20 Countries Should Investigate Blockchain Technologies to Build an Inclusive, Transparent, and Accountable Digital Economy for All - March 21, 2017
- Particl, a Distributed Marketplace Rethinking Privacy’s Future – Announced Seed Round - March 21, 2017
- ZrCoin To Do Initial Coin Offering (ICO) to Crowdfunds Commodities Option - March 21, 2017
- Canada’s Scotiabank and AlphaPoint Announce Successful Blockchain Trial - March 21, 2017
- Canada’s SecureKey taps IBM to put identity on the Blockchain - March 21, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Humaniq Launches London Office - March 21, 2017
- QRL Recruits Testers for High Security Quantum-Resistant Blockchain - March 20, 2017
- Blockchain of Things, Inc. Releases Paw Advanced REST Client Integration - March 19, 2017
- ConsenSys Named Official Blockchain City Advisor for the City of Dubai - March 16, 2017
- Bloq Launches BloqLabs to Connect Enterprises with Open Source Blockchain Innovations - March 16, 2017
- Multi-Million Dollar Research Institute Launched to Explore Blockchain Use Cases, Opportunities and Challenges - March 16, 2017
- Chamber of Digital Commerce Forms the Blockchain Intellectual Property Council - March 16, 2017
- Orebits & Symbiont Deploy Blockchain Technology to Digitize Gold Ownership - March 16, 2017
- Blockchain Capital to Raise its Third Fund via a Digital Token Offering in The First Liquidity-enhanced Venture Capital Fund - March 16, 2017
- The Exscudo Channels App Is A New Mobile Wallet And Secure Messenger - March 14, 2017
- Dao.Casino – Decentralising the Gambling Economy - March 14, 2017
- Chain of Points Adds American Internet Entrepreneur Jeff Pulver to Board of Advisors - March 14, 2017
- Nasdaq Releases NYIAX – A Blockchain-Enabled, Cloud-Based Media Trading Platform - March 14, 2017
- Lunyr Announces Crowdsale for the First Decentralized World Knowledge Base on Ethereum - March 14, 2017
- Coinsource, World’s largest bitcoin ATM network, Completes Historic Bulk Installation on US West Coast with 35 ATMs - March 14, 2017
- Bitwala Offers Bitcoin to M-Pesa Services in Kenya, Nigeria, Uganda, and Tanzania - March 12, 2017
- US SEC Regulators Reject Bitcoin ETF, Price Plunges, Recovers - March 11, 2017
- Google’s DeepMind plans Blockchain Health Record Tracking for Hospitals - March 10, 2017
- Coalition Forms to Address Digital Asset Taxation Uncertainty - March 10, 2017
- Livecoin, the Fourth Largest Altcoin Exchange Is Now Available in Eight Languages - March 9, 2017
- Australia Releases Blockchain Standards Roadmap - March 6, 2017
- Hyperledger Fabric Graduates with Honours – It’s Live! - March 4, 2017
- TaaS, the First Fully Transparent Closed End Fund Dedicated to Blockchain Assets, Adds International Banking and Marketing Experts as Advisors - March 2, 2017
- Kraken Acquires Cryptowatch and Launches New Trading Platform - March 1, 2017
- Switzerland’s Crypto Valley Association Founded To Build World’s Leading Blockchain and Cryptographic Ecosystem - March 1, 2017
- Massive Launch by Blockchain Industry for New Enterprise Ethereum Alliance - March 1, 2017
- Monax Joins Hyperledger Project, Brings Ethereum Technology - February 28, 2017
- Chain of Points Adds Internet Pioneer and iPayYou Founder Gene Kavner to Board of Advisors - February 27, 2017
- Chamber of Digital Commerce and Structured Finance Industry Group Partner to bring Blockchain to Securitization - February 27, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Bloq Acquires Blockchain Analytics Pioneer Skry - February 27, 2017
- Edgeless.io Launches its ICO to become the first fully transparent Casino, Offering 0% Edge - February 27, 2017
- Storj Labs Raises $3 Million in Seed Funding - February 26, 2017
- Northern Trust And IBM Pioneer Use Of Blockchain Technology To Help Transform Private Equity Administration - February 26, 2017
- 0x – An Open Protocol for Decentralized Exchange on the Ethereum Blockchain - February 26, 2017
- Global Blockchain Project FERMAT Announces Significant Alpha Release for the “Internet of People” - February 26, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Peerplays Raises $4m Before ICO Even Kicks Off - February 26, 2017
- Numerai Launches Cryptocurrency and New Hedge Fund Built By Data Scientist Network - February 26, 2017
- Disrupt the VC Industry? Brock Pierce and Blockchain Capital to Launch Own Cryptocurrency and ICO - February 26, 2017
- SoftBank, Sprint and TBCASoft Partner in Blockchain Technology for Telecom Carriers - February 25, 2017
- Lisk Introduces New Blockchain Technology Update - February 25, 2017