Blockchain Startup Coinfirm receive more funding to expand and further build services and features onto their platform. With an investment of $700k from Luma Ventures already secured, Coinfirm has opened the current round to other investors.
“We’re growing at a very fast rate and need to scale up quickly to continue to lead and expand on the global market. Luma brings not only a valuable VC investor but also a synergistic one that brings many benefits to the table and we’re looking to bring in co-investors that provide the same dynamic. They give us a new set of extensive experience, network, and assets in tech and financial ecosystems as well as a partner who can assist us on in our further development from the ground up,” said Pawel Kuskowski, Co-Founder and CEO of Coinfirm.
“Coinfirm’s team convinced us by showing their in-depth industry expertise, passion and determination to realize their ambitious long-term plan. We are confident that with our support they will secure their leading position in the Blockchain AML risk and compliance space. This is an important investment for Luma as it allows us to play a strategic role in the imminent transformation of the FinTech sector,” said Tomasz Cichowicz, Partner at Luma Ventures.
The startup has been on a roll lately and is looking to add some extra fuel in their engine with a capital injection. As the Blockchain ecosystem continues to grow exponentially and the regtech market is expected to rise to $100b over the next few years, Coinfirm has positioned itself to be an important player in both spaces.
Their Blockchain AML risk and compliance platform solves one of the largest roadblocks in cryptocurrency and Blockchain adoption and does so in a new and innovative way. By streamlining the compliance process and taking it to near-automation with big data analysis and machine learning Coinfirm’s platform not only significantly reduces costs and time spent but also maximizes efficiency and changes how the compliance landscape has operated until now.
With a wide range of clients and partners already under their belt ranging from Bisnode to Dash, Coinfirm provides actionable data that is valuable for many different kinds of entities and industries whether cryptocurrency, banking or business intelligence.
Recently Coinfirm has been having a lot of success dealing with larger and more traditional entities as they began collaborating and partnering with the likes of MIT Enterprise Forum, the largest Polish bank PKO BP and PWC’s Startup Collider. A few more relationships with some significant companies are supposed to appear soon and their monthly Blockchain event and networking ecosystem Warsaw Block recently just gained a few partners as well including Cointelegraph and Cointelegraph Events.
The current funding round is being led by Luma Investment, a CEE based fund comprised of veterans and entrepreneurs from multiple industries. Although not widely known in the US or UK, Luma investment has quietly built itself into one of the largest private investment funds in the region with over with over $1.1b in transactions to their name already. Although already invested in many innovative technologies and industries, Coinfirm marks Luma’s big jump into the Blockchain technology space. With their technological development operations and Blockchain lab centered in Warsaw, the London based Coinfirm gets an institutional investor that can directly contribute on a regional and international level.
With multiple new clients, partners and products and services in the pipeline, Coinfirm has set itself up to have an exciting year. With that said, 2017 promises to be an exciting year for the Blockchain and cryptocurrency market especially due to such solutions as Coinfirm’s compliance platform as they will add the structure and cohesion needed for further commercial and mass adoption.
A Blockchain technology company with a specific focus on Compliance as a Service, Coinfirm built the first Blockchain risk and compliance platform as well as the first Blockchain lab in Central Europe. Coinfirm’s platform brings transparency and security to Blockchain transactions while solving the AML/CTF/Sanctions and counterparty risk management problem. Blockchain and digital currency agnostic, the Coinfirm platform is utilizable for many potential applications and lays a foundation for the adoption of digital currencies and Blockchain that ensures parties are compliant and operate in a safe environment.
Luma Ventures is an IT focused VC fund under management of Luma Investment S.A. Luma invests in start-ups that build their competitive advantage on data-driven solutions that fall into categories like Big Data/Data Science, Fintech, Blockchain, Automation of Knowledge Work, Enterprise Software and IoT. The funds team consists of experienced managers, business practitioners, former entrepreneurs and functional specialists of the highest class with Luma’s partners having professional background in the financial sector. The Luma team brings with it a track record of over $1.1B in total value of carried out transactions that constitutes for a unique non-financial value that Luma provides to its investments. .
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017