Blockchain Startup Coinfirm receive more funding to expand and further build services and features onto their platform. With an investment of $700k from Luma Ventures already secured, Coinfirm has opened the current round to other investors.
“We’re growing at a very fast rate and need to scale up quickly to continue to lead and expand on the global market. Luma brings not only a valuable VC investor but also a synergistic one that brings many benefits to the table and we’re looking to bring in co-investors that provide the same dynamic. They give us a new set of extensive experience, network, and assets in tech and financial ecosystems as well as a partner who can assist us on in our further development from the ground up,” said Pawel Kuskowski, Co-Founder and CEO of Coinfirm.
“Coinfirm’s team convinced us by showing their in-depth industry expertise, passion and determination to realize their ambitious long-term plan. We are confident that with our support they will secure their leading position in the Blockchain AML risk and compliance space. This is an important investment for Luma as it allows us to play a strategic role in the imminent transformation of the FinTech sector,” said Tomasz Cichowicz, Partner at Luma Ventures.
The startup has been on a roll lately and is looking to add some extra fuel in their engine with a capital injection. As the Blockchain ecosystem continues to grow exponentially and the regtech market is expected to rise to $100b over the next few years, Coinfirm has positioned itself to be an important player in both spaces.
Their Blockchain AML risk and compliance platform solves one of the largest roadblocks in cryptocurrency and Blockchain adoption and does so in a new and innovative way. By streamlining the compliance process and taking it to near-automation with big data analysis and machine learning Coinfirm’s platform not only significantly reduces costs and time spent but also maximizes efficiency and changes how the compliance landscape has operated until now.
With a wide range of clients and partners already under their belt ranging from Bisnode to Dash, Coinfirm provides actionable data that is valuable for many different kinds of entities and industries whether cryptocurrency, banking or business intelligence.
Recently Coinfirm has been having a lot of success dealing with larger and more traditional entities as they began collaborating and partnering with the likes of MIT Enterprise Forum, the largest Polish bank PKO BP and PWC’s Startup Collider. A few more relationships with some significant companies are supposed to appear soon and their monthly Blockchain event and networking ecosystem Warsaw Block recently just gained a few partners as well including Cointelegraph and Cointelegraph Events.
The current funding round is being led by Luma Investment, a CEE based fund comprised of veterans and entrepreneurs from multiple industries. Although not widely known in the US or UK, Luma investment has quietly built itself into one of the largest private investment funds in the region with over with over $1.1b in transactions to their name already. Although already invested in many innovative technologies and industries, Coinfirm marks Luma’s big jump into the Blockchain technology space. With their technological development operations and Blockchain lab centered in Warsaw, the London based Coinfirm gets an institutional investor that can directly contribute on a regional and international level.
With multiple new clients, partners and products and services in the pipeline, Coinfirm has set itself up to have an exciting year. With that said, 2017 promises to be an exciting year for the Blockchain and cryptocurrency market especially due to such solutions as Coinfirm’s compliance platform as they will add the structure and cohesion needed for further commercial and mass adoption.
A Blockchain technology company with a specific focus on Compliance as a Service, Coinfirm built the first Blockchain risk and compliance platform as well as the first Blockchain lab in Central Europe. Coinfirm’s platform brings transparency and security to Blockchain transactions while solving the AML/CTF/Sanctions and counterparty risk management problem. Blockchain and digital currency agnostic, the Coinfirm platform is utilizable for many potential applications and lays a foundation for the adoption of digital currencies and Blockchain that ensures parties are compliant and operate in a safe environment.
Luma Ventures is an IT focused VC fund under management of Luma Investment S.A. Luma invests in start-ups that build their competitive advantage on data-driven solutions that fall into categories like Big Data/Data Science, Fintech, Blockchain, Automation of Knowledge Work, Enterprise Software and IoT. The funds team consists of experienced managers, business practitioners, former entrepreneurs and functional specialists of the highest class with Luma’s partners having professional background in the financial sector. The Luma team brings with it a track record of over $1.1B in total value of carried out transactions that constitutes for a unique non-financial value that Luma provides to its investments. .
- SportyFi – Decentralized Sports Investment Start-up Endorsed by Soccer Superstar Roberto Carlos - October 16, 2017
- Acronis Joins Runa Capital and Parallels In Accelerating Innovation and Supporting Blockchain Initiatives in Malta - October 16, 2017
- Jaxx Allows First Crowdsale Participation with STORM Token - October 16, 2017
- Hyperledger Knits New Project – Hyperledger Quilt - October 16, 2017
- Legolas Exchange Partners With BanQix to Protect Institutional Investors - October 16, 2017
- MARK.SPACE Announces Launch Of Blockchain-powered VR-platform With Upcoming Token Crowdsale - October 16, 2017
- IRTI Partners With Ateon And Settlemint To Develop Blockchain-based Products For Financial Inclusion - October 16, 2017
- Golden Alliance Coin Announces ICO – For Mining Gold - October 16, 2017
- Media Aggregator Esports Gold Announces $5 Million Ethereum Token Sale - October 16, 2017
- MinexCoin: Park the Volatility! - October 16, 2017
- Ambrosus Token Generation Event (TGE) Officially Cracks the Largest Blockchain Crowdfunded Projects in History - October 15, 2017
- Freedom Streaming Announces An ICO For The First Uncensored And Anonymous Live Streaming Platform - October 14, 2017
- MicroMoney starts a $30,000,000 token distribution campaign - October 14, 2017
- Announcing the First Members of the DataBrokerDAO Alliance - October 14, 2017
- STK Global Payments Announce Global Advisory Board – Token Sale - October 14, 2017
- Zilliqa Breaks 2,400 Transactions per Second with their ‘Sharding’ Blockchain - October 13, 2017
- Dappbase Launches High-Performance Infrastructure for Decentralized App Developers - October 13, 2017
- bitJob Raises $2 Million to Launch Decentralized Platform for Student Employment - October 13, 2017
- Particl Unveils Its Confidential Cryptocurrency Transactions - October 13, 2017
- Waves To Develop “liquid Democracy” Applications - October 13, 2017
- DECENT Updates Core – New User Issued Assets and More - October 13, 2017
- Dash for Dope – Digital Payments Platform Alt Thirty Six Selects Dash As Payment Method of Choice for New Retail Sectors - October 13, 2017
- Garvan Institute And E-nome Enter Strategic Alliance To Enhance Medical Research Data Management Through Blockchain Tech - October 13, 2017
- Moody’s: New Payment Technologies Pose Threat, But Incumbents Unlikely To Be Displaced - October 13, 2017
- ZAP Token Distribution Event to Begin October 21, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- AirFox Raises $15 Million in Successful ICO, Brings New Mobile Banking Solutions to Emerging Markets - October 12, 2017
- HydroMiner Token Sale Starts October 18th – Austrian Regulators Approve - October 12, 2017
- The SBM Group and SALT Technology Enter Exploratory Partnership to Collateralize Blockchain Assets - October 12, 2017
- ExHasta: Integrating and Empowering Innovators – Announces Token Sale - October 12, 2017
- Tech Veterans Set Up Global Public Offering Fund To Turn Top U.S. Startups Into Asia-Pacific Listed Unicorns - October 11, 2017
- ZenCash Partners With Welto to Allow Bill Payment in Cryptocurrency - October 11, 2017
- Cryptopay Plans to Tie Investments to Service Performance Metrics - October 11, 2017
- Boosteroid Wants to Squeeze Google and Amazon on the Cloud Computing Market - October 11, 2017
- Fiinu Launches Pre-sale Ahead Of ICO - October 11, 2017
- Famous Russia-based startup BioCoin closes first round of presale with $2.5 mln raised - October 11, 2017
- eSports Platform EloPlay to Hold a Token Sale - October 11, 2017
- CapLinked Partners With Storj Labs, Moves Enterprise Document Management to Blockchain Technology - October 11, 2017
- Ethfinex and Cofound.it Collaborate to Bring Trust to Blockchain Economy - October 11, 2017
- Exscudo launches Bug Bounty campaign - October 11, 2017
- Blockchain Capital and TaaS Join BLOCKv, a User Interface for Blockchain Tokens - October 11, 2017
- Lufthansa Group Partners Up With Winding Tree To Bring Blockchain Technology To The Travel Industry - October 10, 2017
- Peer Mountain Launches Distributed System of Trust to Give Data Control Back to Consumers - October 10, 2017
- Revolutionary Ico Aimed At Tackling Waste Surplus And Energy Shortfall Announced - October 10, 2017
- Streamr, the Decentralized Real-Time Data Economy, Joins the Trusted IoT Alliance - October 10, 2017
- Exscudo and Crypto.Tickets exclusive partnership opens a new market for cryptocurrency - October 10, 2017
- Guardian Circle Turns to Blockchain for Global Decentralized 9-1-1 Emergency Response - October 10, 2017
- NEM Foundation Partners with Metaps Plus, Expanding Korean Presence - October 10, 2017
- StormX Lowers Community Appreciation Sale Cap Due to Overwhelming Demand - October 10, 2017
- Token Report to Provide Membership Access to World’s Largest Database on ICOs - October 10, 2017
- BLOCKv Adds Visionary Futurist Peter Diamandis and Serial Entrepreneur and Investor Gil Penchina to its Advisory Board - October 10, 2017