Dash, the fastest growing cryptocurrency this year, has announced a business partnership with digital payments platform BlockPay that allows people to pay for goods in Dash, directly from the merchant.
The deal follows several corporate alliances the Dash team has cultivated in Q1 2017, stemming from meteoric gains in value and trading volumes across January and February. BlockPay, headquartered in Munich, is becoming wildly popular internationally, particularly in Europe and Latin America because it enables Point of Sale transactions at no cost to the merchant and extremely low fees for the consumer.
Daniel Diaz, Dash VP of Business Development said:
“This partnership benefits our entire community and all future Dash users because adoption grows alongside real world applications. We found that BlockPay and Dash have very common goals and together we are educating people on how cryptocurrencies can often be a better alternative to fiat. People are really starting to understand that they do have the power to change lives. Dash is a project that has been focused a lot on usability as digital cash, and we want people to have a similar experience doing both online and Point of Sale transactions. BlockPay has taken solid steps in this direction, developing software to make it easier for brick and mortar shops to accept digital currency seamlessly.
Dash joins several other leading cryptocurrencies available for use on the BlockPay POS platform, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Steem, Litecoin and Dogecoin.
Christoph Hering, CEO and Co-founder of BlockPay, said adding support for Dash was not a difficult decision.
“We added Dash because we see a huge potential in the very active Dash community and in the underlying scaling technology of Dash. At the moment, Bitcoin has a big problem from a consumer perspective. The slow transaction speed, the high transaction fees and the speculative nature of Bitcoin make it very unsexy for everyday consumption. Now, comparing the altcoin ecosystem, many struggle with user adoption, high volatility and a missing business orientation. I think that the Dash Network is different, because it has a strong and active community, a great worker system funding growth and marketing plus an active development team that is building the right tools for mass adoption.”
As the network grows and increases its user base, Dash is focusing efforts on providing more versatility and flexibility in the way people can make everyday purchases. Users can buy products from the comfort of their home and office online, and now from hundreds of physical stores.
“BlockPay helps connect the worlds of retail and virtual currency. Because mainstream users are less familiar with the cryptocurrency culture right now, it will be important for them to experience digital currencies, at least partially, in ways they are already familiar with. Point of Sale solutions that are helping retail stores accept digital currencies in ways the public is used to help build the cultural bridges we need for widespread digital currency adoption. We also want to see a greater adoption of InstantSend. The Dash InstantSend feature is very powerful for this type of application, as it allows for secure transactions instantaneously directly from the network which is perfect for Point of Sale situations,” Diaz said.
BlockPay is one of the fastest growing Point of Sale platforms for digital currencies and boasts a global Ambassador team of over 50 people in 36 countries. Each representative is working on securing the platform implementation in hundreds of convenience stores, grocery marts, gas stations, supermarkets, hotels, and e-commerce outlets. BlockPay also natively supports Loyalty Points, 44 languages, targeted advertising, eReceipts, custom Integrations, and soon employee tracking, tipping and C-IPFS/meshnet.
“From a merchant’s perspective, BlockPay alleviates the electronic payment problems of high fees from credit card transactions, fraud, chargebacks, and rolling reserves, and provides merchants with a way to accept the next generation of digital currencies at zero cost. On the other side, BlockPay provides crypto consumers with the unique opportunity to use their favorite coins and wallets in hundreds of brick and mortar businesses around the world,” Hering said.
Dash users can pay at BlockPay terminals by scanning a QR-Code or tapping their phone on the NFC-Terminal. The payment and settlement process takes just a few seconds.
Dash is an open-source project that delivers safe decentralized financial solutions. Dash, similar to digital cash, can be spent easily and instantly online and at merchants and service providers worldwide. As one of the world’s most highly valued cryptocurrencies, Dash is managed by a self-funded, self-governed organization comprised of over 20,000 users, moving over two million dollars across the network every 24 hours. In maintaining optimal accuracy and diligence, each Dash transaction is verified by users running over 4000 master nodes across the world. Dash’s built-in governance and funding system allows projects to be proposed and voted on by the community, and if approved, paid for directly from the blockchain.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017