Dash, the fastest growing cryptocurrency this year, has announced a business partnership with digital payments platform BlockPay that allows people to pay for goods in Dash, directly from the merchant.
The deal follows several corporate alliances the Dash team has cultivated in Q1 2017, stemming from meteoric gains in value and trading volumes across January and February. BlockPay, headquartered in Munich, is becoming wildly popular internationally, particularly in Europe and Latin America because it enables Point of Sale transactions at no cost to the merchant and extremely low fees for the consumer.
Daniel Diaz, Dash VP of Business Development said:
“This partnership benefits our entire community and all future Dash users because adoption grows alongside real world applications. We found that BlockPay and Dash have very common goals and together we are educating people on how cryptocurrencies can often be a better alternative to fiat. People are really starting to understand that they do have the power to change lives. Dash is a project that has been focused a lot on usability as digital cash, and we want people to have a similar experience doing both online and Point of Sale transactions. BlockPay has taken solid steps in this direction, developing software to make it easier for brick and mortar shops to accept digital currency seamlessly.
Dash joins several other leading cryptocurrencies available for use on the BlockPay POS platform, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Steem, Litecoin and Dogecoin.
Christoph Hering, CEO and Co-founder of BlockPay, said adding support for Dash was not a difficult decision.
“We added Dash because we see a huge potential in the very active Dash community and in the underlying scaling technology of Dash. At the moment, Bitcoin has a big problem from a consumer perspective. The slow transaction speed, the high transaction fees and the speculative nature of Bitcoin make it very unsexy for everyday consumption. Now, comparing the altcoin ecosystem, many struggle with user adoption, high volatility and a missing business orientation. I think that the Dash Network is different, because it has a strong and active community, a great worker system funding growth and marketing plus an active development team that is building the right tools for mass adoption.”
As the network grows and increases its user base, Dash is focusing efforts on providing more versatility and flexibility in the way people can make everyday purchases. Users can buy products from the comfort of their home and office online, and now from hundreds of physical stores.
“BlockPay helps connect the worlds of retail and virtual currency. Because mainstream users are less familiar with the cryptocurrency culture right now, it will be important for them to experience digital currencies, at least partially, in ways they are already familiar with. Point of Sale solutions that are helping retail stores accept digital currencies in ways the public is used to help build the cultural bridges we need for widespread digital currency adoption. We also want to see a greater adoption of InstantSend. The Dash InstantSend feature is very powerful for this type of application, as it allows for secure transactions instantaneously directly from the network which is perfect for Point of Sale situations,” Diaz said.
BlockPay is one of the fastest growing Point of Sale platforms for digital currencies and boasts a global Ambassador team of over 50 people in 36 countries. Each representative is working on securing the platform implementation in hundreds of convenience stores, grocery marts, gas stations, supermarkets, hotels, and e-commerce outlets. BlockPay also natively supports Loyalty Points, 44 languages, targeted advertising, eReceipts, custom Integrations, and soon employee tracking, tipping and C-IPFS/meshnet.
“From a merchant’s perspective, BlockPay alleviates the electronic payment problems of high fees from credit card transactions, fraud, chargebacks, and rolling reserves, and provides merchants with a way to accept the next generation of digital currencies at zero cost. On the other side, BlockPay provides crypto consumers with the unique opportunity to use their favorite coins and wallets in hundreds of brick and mortar businesses around the world,” Hering said.
Dash users can pay at BlockPay terminals by scanning a QR-Code or tapping their phone on the NFC-Terminal. The payment and settlement process takes just a few seconds.
Dash is an open-source project that delivers safe decentralized financial solutions. Dash, similar to digital cash, can be spent easily and instantly online and at merchants and service providers worldwide. As one of the world’s most highly valued cryptocurrencies, Dash is managed by a self-funded, self-governed organization comprised of over 20,000 users, moving over two million dollars across the network every 24 hours. In maintaining optimal accuracy and diligence, each Dash transaction is verified by users running over 4000 master nodes across the world. Dash’s built-in governance and funding system allows projects to be proposed and voted on by the community, and if approved, paid for directly from the blockchain.
- Blockchain Startup Exscudo Rolls Out EON Source Code On GitHub - May 24, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Binded Raises $950k in Seed Round to Democratize Copyright - May 24, 2017
- Waves launches Gatway for the Euro - May 23, 2017
- Netki & Bitt Production Release Underway with Caribbean Financial Institution - May 23, 2017
- Kibo Lotto Launched in Ethereum Test Network - May 23, 2017
- Deloitte’s Blockchain Team Unveils Prototypes, Research and Alliances at Consensus 2017 - May 23, 2017
- Swiss e-government startup Procivis releases integrated e-identity platform - May 23, 2017
- Blockchain Wallet Jaxx Announces Massive Expansion - May 22, 2017
- ShapeShift Launches First Trustless Asset Portfolio Platform - May 22, 2017
- Status.im and Bancor Protocol Cut Deal to Issue Tokens From Smartphones - May 22, 2017
- Future\Perfect Lab Launches Blockchain, IoT, Artificial Intelligence and Security Convergence Project - May 21, 2017
- Storj Labs Claims Number Two ICO Spot With $20 Million Raised in Less than Six Hours - May 19, 2017
- Starta ICO Announces Crowdsale for Eastern European VC Vehicle on Waves Platform - May 19, 2017
- SingularDTV Announces New 11 Application Ecosystem - May 19, 2017
- Storj Labs Launches Token Sale - May 19, 2017
- CORION Announces Full-Service Blockchain Platform to Build and Manage Any Business - May 19, 2017
- Luxembourg Blockchain Group Incorporates Infrachain a.s.b.l. - May 18, 2017
- Fintech Investment Group Launches With AI Forex Trading Platform And Compcoin Digital Tokens Ahead Of Initial Coin Offering - May 18, 2017
- IBM and Chile’s Santiago Exchange to Deliver World’s First Securities Lending Blockchain Solution - May 18, 2017
- Supercomputer Organized by Network Mining (SONM) announces ICO - May 18, 2017
- Digital Assess Wants to Use Blockchain Technology to Replace Paper Qualifications - May 18, 2017
- Aragon Smashes ICO Record Pulling in $25 million in 15 Minutes - May 18, 2017
- Bloq Launches BloqLabs to Bring Open Source Blockchain Technologies to Enterprise - May 17, 2017
- Wagerr (WGR) — Sports Betting on the Blockchain - May 17, 2017
- Avalon Life Puts Land Ownership on Blockchain, Launches GREEN EARTH ZERO Service with NEM Technology - May 17, 2017
- Swiss EY Team Joins Polybius Cryptobank as Advisors, ICO to Follow - May 17, 2017
- IOTA Announces $2 Million IOTA Ecosystem Fund - May 17, 2017
- Crypviser Blockchain-Based Encrypted Communication Platform Announces the ICO of CVCoin Tokens - May 17, 2017
- Blockchain App Puts An End To Medical Records Being Held To Ransom - May 17, 2017
- Report on Blockchain Start-up Marketing Maturity Shows Challenges and Opportunities Ahead - May 17, 2017
- BlockEx Partners With Winston & Strawn to Leverage Blockchain for Bond Issuance - May 17, 2017
- US Brokerage Petitions SEC to Get Moving on ICOs - May 17, 2017
- Silicon Valley’s Boost VC to Invest in ICOs - May 16, 2017
- Aragon Partners with Leading Digital Asset Exchange ShapeShift Ahead of Highly Anticipated Token Sale - May 16, 2017
- LuxTrust and Cambridge Blockchain Announce Privacy-Protecting Identity Platform - May 15, 2017
- Sphre Partners with Airbitz to Power Secure Blockchain-Based Identity Management - May 15, 2017
- Furtherfield Gallery – Blockchain Art Exhibition London - May 12, 2017
- P2pfisy: An Innovative, Cross-sectoral Perspective On The Ongoing Disintermediation Of Financial Systems. - May 12, 2017
- How Exscudo Helps You To Store Cryptocurrencies - May 12, 2017
- Blockchain-Fueled Waves Platform Integrated in Microsoft Azure - May 12, 2017
- Nick Gogerty Joins the Lykke Team as Chief Strategist - May 12, 2017
- Countr POS Partners with Coinify to bring Blockchain Payments to its Merchants - May 12, 2017
- Wall Street Fintech PR Agency, Wachsman PR, Chooses Dublin as European HQ - May 12, 2017
- London Crypofinancing Conference – The Future of Startup Finance – Initial Coin Offerings, Token Sales, Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain - May 12, 2017
- AST to Deliver Blockchain-based Proxy Voting Solution - May 10, 2017
- Cofound.it Launches Token Sale for Startup Platform - May 10, 2017
- Global Graphchain Project FERMAT Expands, Partners with Cicada - May 9, 2017
- Gideon Greenspan – Where Flexible Thinking is Preferable to Dogmatism – The Blockchain Immutability Myth - May 9, 2017
- Mathematician and Israeli Bitcoin Association Chairman Meni Rosenfeld Joins Bancor Advisory Board - May 7, 2017
- South Korea’s BOScoin announces ICO May 10th, 2017 - May 6, 2017