The Chamber of Digital Commerce, the world’s largest trade association representing the Blockchain industry, and the Structured Finance Industry Group (SFIG) today announced the formation of a strategic partnership focused on advancing the use of Blockchain technology in securitization markets.
The partnership will commence with the publication of a co-sponsored white paper titled, “Applying Blockchain in securitization: opportunities for reinvention” and a series of educational activities at SFIG Vegas 2017, the largest gathering of the structured finance industry, which begins today in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The goal of the partnership is to bring the structured finance and Blockchain communities together. The two organizations will collaborate on research efforts and publications, joint educational programs and online forums.
In addition to a detailed examination of how Blockchain can play a role at each stage of the securitization lifecycle, the white paper, prepared by Deloitte, outlines five distinct benefits for Blockchain in structured products:
- Single, Consistent source of information – Blockchain enables a single, consistent source of information for all participants in the network.
- Complete, immutable audit trail – From loan origination to primary issuance, servicing, and changes in ownership in the secondary market, Blockchain can create a chronological and immutable audit trail of all transactions.
- Better valuation and price discovery – The transparency facilitated by Blockchain technology could reduce the information asymmetry and network disadvantages that some entities, especially smaller ones, currently face in the securitization industry.
- Speed and certainty – Blockchain technology, through its disintermediation and simultaneous recording of information across the system, can virtually eliminate time lags in information and payment flows throughout the securitization process, including in the secondary market.
- Security – Blockchain’s capacity to increase the security of transactions and data, and mitigate fraud could be appealing to the securitization industry, where integrity of data is paramount.
“I am pleased to announce this strategic initiative with the Chamber of Digital Commerce, which has established an important position in representing the growing Blockchain industry,” said Richard Johns, SFIG Executive Director. “Partnering with the Chamber is a key part of our focus on being a central resource of forward looking education to all market participants. With this partnership we can create new, forward-thinking and educational opportunities for our members enabling them to stay fully informed of how technology is impacting their business. Today’s whitepaper is just the beginning of what we expect to be a very active and productive partnership.”
“The securitization process is an ideal candidate for the efficiencies of distributed ledger technology,” said Perianne Boring, founder and president, Chamber of Digital Commerce. “Blockchain platforms create a more transparent and secure marketplace allowing the industry to provide better products more securely at lower cost. This will also enable the market to more efficiently comply with regulations, while at the same time allowing automation to create significant efficiencies for the role of the regulator itself. Our partnership with SFIG is an opportunity to accelerate the understanding and adoption of Blockchain technology in this sector.”
Structured Finance Industry Group, Inc. (“SFIG”) is a member-based, trade industry group focused on improving and strengthening the broader structured finance and securitization market. SFIG provides an inclusive network for securitization professionals to collaborate and, as industry leaders, drive necessary changes, be an advocate for the securitization community, share best practices and innovative ideas, and educate industry members through conferences and other programs. Members of SFIG represent all sectors of the securitization market including issuers, investors, financial intermediaries, law firms, accounting firms, technology firms, rating agencies, servicers, and trustees. Further information can be found at www.sfindustry.org
The Chamber of Digital Commerce is the world’s leading trade association dedicated to promoting the understanding, acceptance and use of digital assets and Blockchain-based technologies. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., the Chamber is the founder of the Smart Contracts Alliance, the Blockchain Alliance, the Global Blockchain Forum and many other key industry initiatives. For more information, please visit DigitalChamber.org or follow us on Twitter: @ChamberDigital.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017