TaaS, the first ever tokenized closed end fund (CEF) dedicated to blockchain assets, today announced the latest additions to their Board of Advisors. Ahead of their upcoming Initial Coin Offering launching on March 27, 2017, TaaS invites global banking expert Patrick Salm and marketing consultant Pascal M Bommeli to the team.
Utilizing the Ethereum blockchain and its pioneering Cryptographic Audit technology, TaaS will offer a new way to participate in and benefit from capital raising, fund management, and cryptocurrency investing, all with full auditing transparency to investors.
Swiss-based Financial Risk and Fund Specialist Patrick Salm has more than four years’ experience in blockchain technology and a track record of more than 10 years of success with large, global banks where he took leading roles. Salm is currently Strategic Risk Manager and Business Analyst at BANK-now AG, a Credit Suisse Group subsidiary, where he provides analysis and optimization of risk-relevant business processes and applications.
Prior to this role, Salm was Head of the Pre-Legal Recovery Team at BANK-now, responsible for monitoring risks and progress of loss-bearing positions for more than $150m in assets. Salm has also held leadership positions at credit card bonus company Jelmoli Bonus Card and at Intrum Justitia, Europe’s leading credit management services company.
Salm holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Law from the Zurich University of Applied Sciences, a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Finance & Banking) from Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, and a Master of Science in Banking and Finance from the Institute of Financial Services Zug at Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts.
TaaS also welcomes Pascal M Bommeli, a Swiss-based entrepreneur, to the Board of Advisors. Bommeli brings vast experience in the creation, development and selling of several startups within the software development and applications sector, including HO Designer LLC, Silver Brain LLC, Design & Desktop Team LTD, educApps, and The Localised Community – LOCO. Bommeli is currently Marketing and Communications Manager at reputable Swiss IT company, ABO Storage Distribution, where he is responsible for public relations, partner enablement, channel presence, and supporting sales and advertising. In addition, Bommeli has served as Chief Marketing Officer and Executive Board Member at Point Software AG.
Involved with the cryptocurrency industry for the last three years, Bommeli has deep insights in marketing, design, and communications fields. Bommeli holds a professional Master’s degree in publication management, a federal certification, from »gib« Management School for Print, Media and Communications in Zurich. He also holds a print specialist federal certificate (EFA) from »gib« Management School for Print, Media and Communications.
Ruslan Gavrilyuk, Co-Founder and President of TaaS said:
“TaaS is extremely pleased to be bringing an additional two high caliber advisors of to the Board. Mr. Salm and Mr. Bommeli are well equipped to make significant contributions to the company and bring with them a wealth of industry experience and knowledge to the board.”
Patrick Salm said:
“I am proud to bring my extensive experience in finance to the advisory board of TaaS, which I believe represents a unique opportunity for investors to capitalize on capital raising, fund management and cryptocurrency in a new way.”
Additional board members include fund management expert John Wong and legal consultant Sergey Rabenko. Wong, formerly an investment banker at Lehman Brothers, has more than 25 years’ experience taking companies public and managing funds. Rabenko is a legal consultant at the International Finance Corporation (a member of the World Bank Group) with more than 12 years’ experience advising on legal, mergers and acquisitions, and tax issues.
Unlike traditional closed-end funds, TaaS will issue tokens built on a profit-sharing smart contract where token owners collect 50% of quarterly profits. To grow the fund’s capital pool without attracting additional investment, 25% of profits will be reinvested back into the fund. The premise is, as the Net Asset Value of a token increases over time, TaaS tokens will have its value explicitly tied to the performance of its parent project, thus introducing a Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) business model.
With a focus on overcoming the current industry problem of transparency in investing in non-Ethereum tokens, TasS has built an in-house Cryptographic Audit, a set of autonomous auditing techniques that track, record, and timestamp trading activity. This technology was built by TaaS to ensure all profits are properly recorded, money flow is transparent, and the company is in possession of all declared funds. By design, it will simplify investors’ due diligence and provide tools for maximum transparency.
TaaS will be open for investment exclusively during their month-long ICO, launching on March 27, 2017. By incorporating a bonus system for early investors, TaaS will offer 25% bonus for the first 1000 BTC raised with the bonus system decreasing progressively all way up to 9000 BTC. TaaS will reserve 2% of the collected funds for bounty programs.
“With the board of advisors stronger than ever, TaaS expects not only to run a highly successful ICO, but deliver substantial returns to our investor community,” concluded Ruslan Gavrilyuk.
TaaS tokens are intended to be traded on all major exchanges. For more information, the TaaS white paper is available on taas.fund
- Spotify acquires Blockchain Startup Mediachain Labs - April 29, 2017
- Trusted Identities in Blockchain Apps Shown to Work To Benefit Healthcare and Pharma - April 28, 2017
- Ten More Banks Join Ripple’s Global Payments Network - April 28, 2017
- Token.FM, First Blockchain-Based Direct-to-Fan Music Platform, to Launch Initial Trial in May, Opens Series A Round - April 28, 2017
- Mysterium To Build Blockchain-based VPN for Secure, Anonymous Internet Connection - April 28, 2017
- TaaS token crowdsale concludes with $7.7 million raised - April 28, 2017
- Humaniq Humanitarian Blockchain ICO breaks the $5 million barrier - April 28, 2017
- Exscudo, Blockchain Financial Services Provider Launches ICO - April 27, 2017
- Kibo Platforms’ Beta Version Be Launched in the Beginning of May - April 25, 2017
- Distributed Cloud Platform iEx.ec attracts $12M in Three Hours in ICO - April 25, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Working Group – Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) – The Way Forward - April 25, 2017
- Blockchain App Humaniq’s HMQ Token to be Traded on Six Exchanges - April 24, 2017
- Five days left until Blockchain Startup Exscudo ICO - April 21, 2017
- Apptrade to Reward Crowdsale Participants with Three Percent Bonus - April 21, 2017
- Blockchain Technology Startup Humaniq Raises $3.8M and Signs Contract With Deloitte - April 21, 2017
- Monolith Studio Announces Crowdsale for TokenCard, the First Debit Card Powered by Smart Contracts - April 20, 2017
- Blockchain Co. SingularDTV Recruits Hollywood VP - April 18, 2017
- Factom Closes Extended Series A Round of $8 Million Following Harmony Product Launch - April 18, 2017
- Interview with Back to Earth founder Clay Space - April 18, 2017
- Ethereum Movie Initial Coin Offering Sell Out - April 18, 2017
- Insurtech Startup Etherisc Wins “Blockchain Oscar” for Innovative Insurance Platform - April 14, 2017
- India’s Blockchain Community Launches Digital Asset and Blockchain Foundation - April 14, 2017
- UK EPSRC Supports Seven Blockchain Projects with £3.6 Million - April 14, 2017
- Dutch National Blockchain Coalition Presents Action Agenda - April 14, 2017
- Broadridge, J.P. Morgan, Northern Trust and Banco Santander Successfully Complete Pilot of for Blockchain Voting - April 14, 2017
- Blockgeeks Labs to Hold Blockchain Hackathon in Toronto - April 14, 2017
- Exscudo network EON coins are available for pre-order - April 13, 2017
- One of Big Four accounting firms is now legal adviser of Exscudo - April 12, 2017
- Dash Cryptocurrency Signs on with Kraken - April 12, 2017
- Blockchain Capital Closes ICO – $10 Million in Six Hours Raised in Record Time - April 11, 2017
- Ethereum meets Hyperledger – Burrow Ethereum Smart Contract Machine to Join Hyperledger - April 11, 2017
- Porsche Announces First Blockchain Contest - April 10, 2017
- Fidelity Labs Joins IC3 Blockchain Group - April 10, 2017
- Global Graphchain Project FERMAT Announces Distributed Governance Model Featuring Contribution Contracts - April 10, 2017
- Coinsilium and Oraclize sign MoU to form Strategic Alliance - April 10, 2017
- Industry Thought Leaders Invest With Blockchain Capital in its Ground-Breaking ICO - April 8, 2017
- Novus To Launch Innovative Blockchain Advanced File Index System - April 5, 2017
- Lykke Announces OEM Services – Lykke Accelerator - April 5, 2017
- BitHub.Africa Announces ICO Campaign to Foster Region’s Cryptocurrency Ecosystem - April 5, 2017
- SibCoin: Siberia Down, China to Go - April 4, 2017
- Groundbreaking Blockchain Research to Feature at International Financial Cryptography Conference - April 4, 2017
- Exscudo, The Nextgen Financial System, Announces ICO - April 4, 2017
- A Film by Manuel Stagars – The Blockchain And Us Video Documentary – Released in Full - April 4, 2017
- Genpact Harnesses Blockchain Technology to Transform F&A Operations to Improve Cash Flow and Enhance Customer Experience - April 4, 2017
- Blockchain Startup TaaS Partners With Exchange Platforms - April 4, 2017
- Synereo announces Qrator – The First Attention Economy App - April 4, 2017
- Blockchain Capital Releases Offering Memorandum for Its $10 Million Digital Token Offering - April 4, 2017
- Lykke Announces Availability of Blockchain Startup ChronoBank TIME Token - April 3, 2017
- Blockchain Workspace Launches Blockchain Education Company in Amsterdam, Netherlands - April 3, 2017
- Blockchain Startup SingularDTV Goes Hollywood - April 1, 2017