Novus, a Delaware-based software development firm has a announced the launch of the Advanced File Index (“AFIX”), a Blockchain-based application that leverages the power of the IPFS (InterPlanetary File System) in combination with the Novusphere Blockchain database to provide a decentralized and efficient content index that cannot be censored.
The development of the AFIX gateway is only the first step to fulfill the firm’s vision to expand its network into a number of additional sectors where companies are starting to realize the advantages that Blockchain technology can bring. These include machine learning-based trading, inventory control technology and much more.
“This new product/system development was engaged by our company in line with our observation that many companies have begun to understand the power of Blockchain technology, and some of the biggest names in the technology sector are starting hundreds of projects – from data security to logistic management. Our tech team at Novus with the passion to maintain our leading position in the technology sector keyed in into the technological progress wheel by developing a system which will be the key tool for the next generation media sharing,” stated the founder and CEO of Novus.
The Advanced File Index works as a layer for the IPFS, a peer-to-peer hypermedia protocol that greatly improves on current protocols like HTTP by making content fully decentralized (which makes it censorship-resistant), eliminating duplicates, and providing historic versioning, ensuring that information is not easily erased like it is from the web. The implication of combining such technologies (IPFS and Blockchain Technology) is staggering due to the current limitations of bandwidth and data processing found in mainstream protocols, thereby making the Novusphere technology a fundamental step towards creating a self-sustaining infrastructure for the Internet.
By allowing the community members of the Novusphere Blockchain to easily submit content from the IPFS by referencing its unique cryptographic hash along with its correct info (title, description, and so on), the AFIX becomes a web-based entry point into the IPFS network, allowing users to benefit from its advantages without the need to go through any complicated processes.
Content can be easily submitted or accessed through the AFIX Gateway. Users that submit content also have the option of adding a render script to define how to present the data to the user, while the user that is looking for content can take advantage of this to narrow down his search in a content-specific format by using Specific File Search Interfaces (SFSI). For example, users that want to watch movies can use the a SFSI designed for movies, that only searches for videos and presents them in an organized fashion.
“The Advanced File Index, or AFIX, is an index, or queryable database, of metadata objects otherwise known as ‘Smart Objects’. It has limitless potentials including its ability to create a thriving file sharing network on top of the robust IPFS hypermedia protocol thereby enabling files to be found through specialized smart object structures defined by the system, and also enabling users the freedom to create their own specialized structures,” stated the founder and CEO of Novus.
The major advantage of the AFIX layer provided by the Novusphere Blockchain is that its underlying principle is applicable to almost any digital content sharing industry in the form of a content-specific SFSI, allowing the content to be easily found and downloaded (at a more cost-efficient rate than HTTP) and to have a much bigger lifespan (with no duplicates) thanks to historic versioning.
Not only can the AFIX technology be leveraged by companies, it can also be a community-driven tool thanks to the implementation of Atoms-based systems. The Atom is the underlying asset of the Novushpere Blockchain, and it will be used as the basis for all monetary systems within the AFIX, including a content rating system, a content request system, dispute resolution system and gateway advertisement. These systems will allow users to earn and spend Atmos, creating several use cases for the asset and revenue opportunities for users.
For more information about Novus and its new tech system the Advanced File Index, visit https://novusphere.io/Afix
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017