Novus, a Delaware-based software development firm has a announced the launch of the Advanced File Index (“AFIX”), a Blockchain-based application that leverages the power of the IPFS (InterPlanetary File System) in combination with the Novusphere Blockchain database to provide a decentralized and efficient content index that cannot be censored.
The development of the AFIX gateway is only the first step to fulfill the firm’s vision to expand its network into a number of additional sectors where companies are starting to realize the advantages that Blockchain technology can bring. These include machine learning-based trading, inventory control technology and much more.
“This new product/system development was engaged by our company in line with our observation that many companies have begun to understand the power of Blockchain technology, and some of the biggest names in the technology sector are starting hundreds of projects – from data security to logistic management. Our tech team at Novus with the passion to maintain our leading position in the technology sector keyed in into the technological progress wheel by developing a system which will be the key tool for the next generation media sharing,” stated the founder and CEO of Novus.
The Advanced File Index works as a layer for the IPFS, a peer-to-peer hypermedia protocol that greatly improves on current protocols like HTTP by making content fully decentralized (which makes it censorship-resistant), eliminating duplicates, and providing historic versioning, ensuring that information is not easily erased like it is from the web. The implication of combining such technologies (IPFS and Blockchain Technology) is staggering due to the current limitations of bandwidth and data processing found in mainstream protocols, thereby making the Novusphere technology a fundamental step towards creating a self-sustaining infrastructure for the Internet.
By allowing the community members of the Novusphere Blockchain to easily submit content from the IPFS by referencing its unique cryptographic hash along with its correct info (title, description, and so on), the AFIX becomes a web-based entry point into the IPFS network, allowing users to benefit from its advantages without the need to go through any complicated processes.
Content can be easily submitted or accessed through the AFIX Gateway. Users that submit content also have the option of adding a render script to define how to present the data to the user, while the user that is looking for content can take advantage of this to narrow down his search in a content-specific format by using Specific File Search Interfaces (SFSI). For example, users that want to watch movies can use the a SFSI designed for movies, that only searches for videos and presents them in an organized fashion.
“The Advanced File Index, or AFIX, is an index, or queryable database, of metadata objects otherwise known as ‘Smart Objects’. It has limitless potentials including its ability to create a thriving file sharing network on top of the robust IPFS hypermedia protocol thereby enabling files to be found through specialized smart object structures defined by the system, and also enabling users the freedom to create their own specialized structures,” stated the founder and CEO of Novus.
The major advantage of the AFIX layer provided by the Novusphere Blockchain is that its underlying principle is applicable to almost any digital content sharing industry in the form of a content-specific SFSI, allowing the content to be easily found and downloaded (at a more cost-efficient rate than HTTP) and to have a much bigger lifespan (with no duplicates) thanks to historic versioning.
Not only can the AFIX technology be leveraged by companies, it can also be a community-driven tool thanks to the implementation of Atoms-based systems. The Atom is the underlying asset of the Novushpere Blockchain, and it will be used as the basis for all monetary systems within the AFIX, including a content rating system, a content request system, dispute resolution system and gateway advertisement. These systems will allow users to earn and spend Atmos, creating several use cases for the asset and revenue opportunities for users.
For more information about Novus and its new tech system the Advanced File Index, visit https://novusphere.io/Afix
- Bodhi Raised $10M Ahead of ICO Launch - August 22, 2017
- myGeoTracking Teams with Rivetz to Provide State of the Art Device Security for Mobile Field Employees - August 22, 2017
- IBM Announces Major Blockchain Collaboration With Leading Retailers And Food Companies To Address Worldwide Food Safety - August 22, 2017
- SmartContract.com, Used by SWIFT, Announces Technical Leaders as Advisors, Launches ChainLink to Connect Smart Contracts to Off-chain Data & Payments - August 22, 2017
- Synechron Partners with R3 in One of the Largest Distributed Ledger Consortium Projects of the Year - August 22, 2017
- Hive Raises $8.95 Million to Build Blockchain-Based Invoice Finance Platform - August 22, 2017
- Ex Ethereum, Stripe & Apple Trio Raising $1 million – Skipping ICO – to Crowdfund Blockchain Wallet for Banks - August 21, 2017
- Cindicator Brings AI and Collective Intelligence to Drive 47% Investment Yield Per Annum - August 21, 2017
- Cryptopay Plans ICO Based on Users Request - August 21, 2017
- Kybernetwork To Close Their ICO Whitelist Early Due To Massive Early Registration - August 20, 2017
- VR Startup DECENTRALAND Closes Token Launch with $25 Million Raise in 10 Seconds - August 19, 2017
- Napoleonx Plans DAFs (Decentralized Autonomous Funds) To Bridge The Gap Between Crypto And Real Assets Active Investing, Unboxing The Crypto World - August 19, 2017
- Lampix Image Mining for Augmented Reality - August 19, 2017
- BlockMason Announces First SEC-Compliant Public American ICO - August 18, 2017
- Tightened EU Regulations Enabling Blockchain Technology in Pharmaceutical Supply Chain - August 18, 2017
- Mark Cuban Portfolio Company Unikrn Seeks to Sell $100 Million in UnikoinGold tokens - August 18, 2017
- Dash To Host Its First Ever Global Conference - August 17, 2017
- LAToken Tokenized Apple Shares to Sell Them for Cryptocurrencies - August 17, 2017
- Sensay, Groundbreaking AI and Chatbot Company Launches Token Sale - August 17, 2017
- ICOBox Token Presale Attracts $8.3 Million - August 17, 2017
- Indorse, the Decentralized Professional Social Network, Receives Additional Backing From Coinsilium After $5.5 million Pre-Sale - August 16, 2017
- Decentraland Partners With imToken, Connext, and Bitcoin Suisse - August 16, 2017
- Ethereum-based Car Towing Aggregator CarTaxi Plans ICO - August 16, 2017
- Ukraine Government to Allow Foreign Investors to Purchase Real Estate Online with Propy - August 16, 2017
- Cofound.it to Launch Weekly Crowdsales through September - August 15, 2017
- Blockstream Satellite: Broadcasting Bitcoin from Space - August 15, 2017
- Dr. Christian Seberino – Houston Texas Blockchain Course Kicks Off Friday August 18, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Skycoin – Skywire Miner: Hardware for the Next Internet - August 12, 2017
- NSD and Waves kickstart development of Crypto Assets platform - August 12, 2017
- ICONOMI Introduces Columbus Capital As Its First Asset Management Partner - August 12, 2017
- Siberians to Launch ICO for Decentralized Betting eSports Platform - August 12, 2017
- Decentralized News Network Releases Alpha Update - August 12, 2017
- Gibraltar’s Fintech Sector Moves Forward – Awards Xapo E-money license - August 11, 2017
- AMBROSUS Partners with TREK THERAPEUTICS to Develop a Blockchain-powered Method to Track Quality in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing - August 11, 2017
- Outlier Ventures Becomes First VC To Hire ‘Head of Crypto-Economics’ With Appointment of Eden Dhaliwal - August 11, 2017
- Rivetz Raises $5.5 Million in RvT Token Pre-Sale; Public Token Crowdsale Begins Today, Capped at 200,000 ETH - August 10, 2017
- Leading Japanese VCs, Nippon Technology Venture Partners, FISCO Capitals, and ABBALab Inc all to invest in COMSA ICO tokens and XEM - August 10, 2017
- Binded Launches One Click U.S. Copyright Registrations - August 10, 2017
- Illinois Opens Blockchain Development Partnership with Hashed Health - August 9, 2017
- Jaxx and Cofound.it Partner to Give Best New Cryptocurrencies Immediate Liquidity - August 9, 2017
- GoldMint Project Plans to Provide 100 per cent Gold-Backed Stable Assets - August 9, 2017
- Launching a Blockchain Solution to Make Aviation Safer – Aeron.aero - August 9, 2017
- Blackmoon Financial Group Launches Blockchain-Based Platform for Tokenized Investment Funds - August 9, 2017
- SONM Launches Updated Platform With Discovery Algorithm - August 9, 2017
- AirFox Announces ICO to Make Mobile Data More Accessible and Affordable - August 8, 2017
- Golden Fleece Project To Expand Massive Altcoin Mining Ecosystem With Token Sale - August 8, 2017
- Notorious Lobbyist Jack Abramoff to Coach Bitcoin Activists in New Washington, DC-based Reality Docu-series from Blockchain Entertainment and Ignition Creative - August 8, 2017
- ATMChain’s Project In China With 7,000 Intelligent Media Screens ‘Goes Blockchain’ Through DECENT - August 8, 2017
- NEM.io Foundation Partners with Blockchain Global to Expand International Reach - August 8, 2017
- CFTE working with MAS to help ASEAN finance professionals acquire the skills of Finance 2.0 - August 8, 2017