Novus, a Delaware-based software development firm has a announced the launch of the Advanced File Index (“AFIX”), a Blockchain-based application that leverages the power of the IPFS (InterPlanetary File System) in combination with the Novusphere Blockchain database to provide a decentralized and efficient content index that cannot be censored.
The development of the AFIX gateway is only the first step to fulfill the firm’s vision to expand its network into a number of additional sectors where companies are starting to realize the advantages that Blockchain technology can bring. These include machine learning-based trading, inventory control technology and much more.
“This new product/system development was engaged by our company in line with our observation that many companies have begun to understand the power of Blockchain technology, and some of the biggest names in the technology sector are starting hundreds of projects – from data security to logistic management. Our tech team at Novus with the passion to maintain our leading position in the technology sector keyed in into the technological progress wheel by developing a system which will be the key tool for the next generation media sharing,” stated the founder and CEO of Novus.
The Advanced File Index works as a layer for the IPFS, a peer-to-peer hypermedia protocol that greatly improves on current protocols like HTTP by making content fully decentralized (which makes it censorship-resistant), eliminating duplicates, and providing historic versioning, ensuring that information is not easily erased like it is from the web. The implication of combining such technologies (IPFS and Blockchain Technology) is staggering due to the current limitations of bandwidth and data processing found in mainstream protocols, thereby making the Novusphere technology a fundamental step towards creating a self-sustaining infrastructure for the Internet.
By allowing the community members of the Novusphere Blockchain to easily submit content from the IPFS by referencing its unique cryptographic hash along with its correct info (title, description, and so on), the AFIX becomes a web-based entry point into the IPFS network, allowing users to benefit from its advantages without the need to go through any complicated processes.
Content can be easily submitted or accessed through the AFIX Gateway. Users that submit content also have the option of adding a render script to define how to present the data to the user, while the user that is looking for content can take advantage of this to narrow down his search in a content-specific format by using Specific File Search Interfaces (SFSI). For example, users that want to watch movies can use the a SFSI designed for movies, that only searches for videos and presents them in an organized fashion.
“The Advanced File Index, or AFIX, is an index, or queryable database, of metadata objects otherwise known as ‘Smart Objects’. It has limitless potentials including its ability to create a thriving file sharing network on top of the robust IPFS hypermedia protocol thereby enabling files to be found through specialized smart object structures defined by the system, and also enabling users the freedom to create their own specialized structures,” stated the founder and CEO of Novus.
The major advantage of the AFIX layer provided by the Novusphere Blockchain is that its underlying principle is applicable to almost any digital content sharing industry in the form of a content-specific SFSI, allowing the content to be easily found and downloaded (at a more cost-efficient rate than HTTP) and to have a much bigger lifespan (with no duplicates) thanks to historic versioning.
Not only can the AFIX technology be leveraged by companies, it can also be a community-driven tool thanks to the implementation of Atoms-based systems. The Atom is the underlying asset of the Novushpere Blockchain, and it will be used as the basis for all monetary systems within the AFIX, including a content rating system, a content request system, dispute resolution system and gateway advertisement. These systems will allow users to earn and spend Atmos, creating several use cases for the asset and revenue opportunities for users.
For more information about Novus and its new tech system the Advanced File Index, visit https://novusphere.io/Afix
- Pulsar Venture Capital Holds ICO to Raise Money Using Blockchain - October 19, 2017
- Dash Expands Reach In Asia Through Cooperation With Rising Fintech Company QUOINE - October 19, 2017
- Hacken and Neuromation Partnership Launched to Stomp out Blockchain Cybercrime - October 19, 2017
- Playkey Brings in $1 Million in Pre-Sale Campaign and Welcomes Dillon Seo as VR Advisor - October 19, 2017
- SolarCoin Founders Introduce New Blockchain-Based Network for Global, Decentralized Energy Trading - October 19, 2017
- Kazakhstan’s Lendex.io plans ICO in early 2018 - October 19, 2017
- Swissborg – The Blockchain Era of Swiss Private Banking – Announced ICO - October 19, 2017
- Bank4YOU Group’s launches ICO end of October – Investors Call to Action - October 19, 2017
- Live Pre-sale of Trive: Fights Fake News Using Cryptocurrency and Crowdsourced Research - October 19, 2017
- A New Ozone Layer? Arcona Plans for Augmented Reality Layer to Cover Earth Surface in new AR project - October 19, 2017
- Cofound.it Introduces Seed Program for Early Blockchain Startups - October 19, 2017
- LOOMIA Announces Collaboration With Storj Labs, Introduces Smart Fabrics and Consumer Data to Blockchain Technology - October 19, 2017
- DECENT Launches Beta Release of DECENT GO, The First Decentralized Marketplace for Digital Content - October 19, 2017
- Orebits Corporation, Inc. Announces Orebits Pool, LLC and Orebits.AU Eco-System - October 19, 2017
- Pareto – the Peer to Peer Financial Content Marketplace Announces Token Sale - October 19, 2017
- Appsolutely Launches the LoyalPlatform, LoyalCoin and LoyalWallet; Using Blockchain to Usher in the New “Loyalty Economy” - October 19, 2017
- Eidoo Raises $27.9m In Successful ICO To Bridge The Cryptocurrency Gap And Open The World Of Digital Currencies To The Masses - October 19, 2017
- Malta-based RoboAdvisorCoin (RAC) Launches Token Sale for Robo-Advisor Dedicated to Cryptocurrencies and Digital Assets - October 19, 2017
- BLOCKv Announces the Availability of VEE Tokens Through Its Upcoming Token Generation Event – Open to Public on October 19, 2017 - October 19, 2017
- The Fundchain initiative starts again this year with new Research & Development roadmap for the investment fund industry - October 19, 2017
- Digital Cryptocurrency Vault DigiPulse Reaches $1 million in Token Sale - October 19, 2017
- Tickets Cloud Kicks off crypto.tickets ICO - October 19, 2017
- Ex-JP Morgan Vice President Dr Joseph Chen-Yu Wang Joins Ambrosus as Project Manager - October 19, 2017
- Russian Wood for Cryptocurrency – Timber! - October 19, 2017
- Proof Suite Announces Token Sale for Blockchain Platform Designed to Tokenize and Insure Real World Assets - October 19, 2017
- DataWallet Announces Blockchain-Based, Consumer-to-Business Data Exchange - October 19, 2017
- IEEE Releases Findings from First Detailed Study of Blockchain Adoption in the Pharmaceutical Enterprise - October 19, 2017
- Horizon State Launches Token Sale to Modernize Global Voting and Collaborative Decision Making - October 19, 2017
- Metaps Plans to Launch Time Marketplace ‘Timebank’ Token Sale on COMSA - October 19, 2017
- Lykke Vanuatu brings Binary.com tokens to Lykke Vanuatu Exchange - October 19, 2017
- After raising $15M in a pre-sale, BitClave is ramping up for its Nov 8 crowdsale, and its plans to redefine the search experience - October 19, 2017
- Kazakhstan Is About To Launch The First Cryptocurrency, Directly Backed By Fiat Money - October 19, 2017
- Positive.com launches to protect Initial Coin Offerings from cyber attack - October 19, 2017
- Latium Launches LATX Cryptocurrency Token Sale for Participation in AI-Based Tasking Platform - October 18, 2017
- IBM Announces Major Blockchain Solution to Speed Global Payments - October 18, 2017
- Launch of SMSCHAIN, a Blockchain-based SMS Gateway - October 18, 2017
- Streamr Concludes a 30 Million CHF Crowd Contribution Period to Build Decentralized Real-Time Data Economy - October 18, 2017
- Publica Building New eCommerce Platform for the Publishing Ecosystem – Token Sale Coming Soon - October 18, 2017
- BLOCKv Partners with Storj Labs to Provide Decentralized Storage Architecture and New Toolsets to Power Next Generation Digital Objects - October 18, 2017
- Coinme Announces the Start of the UpToken Sale Today With Over $40 Million USD in Pre-Registration Signups - October 18, 2017
- Blockbid Announces Launch Of ICO Backed By Multi-Cryptocurrency Trading Platform - October 18, 2017
- SportyFi – Decentralized Sports Investment Start-up Endorsed by Soccer Superstar Roberto Carlos - October 16, 2017
- Acronis Joins Runa Capital and Parallels In Accelerating Innovation and Supporting Blockchain Initiatives in Malta - October 16, 2017
- Jaxx Allows First Crowdsale Participation with STORM Token - October 16, 2017
- Hyperledger Knits New Project – Hyperledger Quilt - October 16, 2017
- Legolas Exchange Partners With BanQix to Protect Institutional Investors - October 16, 2017
- MARK.SPACE Announces Launch Of Blockchain-powered VR-platform With Upcoming Token Crowdsale - October 16, 2017
- IRTI Partners With Ateon And Settlemint To Develop Blockchain-based Products For Financial Inclusion - October 16, 2017
- Golden Alliance Coin Announces ICO – For Mining Gold - October 16, 2017
- Media Aggregator Esports Gold Announces $5 Million Ethereum Token Sale - October 16, 2017