Coinsilium Group Limited (NEX: COIN), the accelerator that finances and manages the development of early-stage blockchain technology companies, is pleased to announce that it has signed a Memorandum of Understanding to enter into a strategic alliance with Oraclize Limited, a London-based Blockchain Technology development company providing infrastructure layers for Smart Contracts via its Oracle solution.
The Alliance will leverage the parties complimentary skill sets in order to jointly develop and build a proprietary Smart Contract System for the next generation of blockchain-powered applications, now being referred to as ‘Blockchain 2.0’, as well as develop commissioned, customised commercial applications for third parties.
- MoU SIGNED with leading Blockchain Smart Contract developer, Oraclize
- Aim to jointly develop and build a proprietary Enterprise scale Smart Contract System for the next generation of blockchain-powered applications
- ‘Tokens’ market raised US$200m in 2016 and targeting over US$150m in H1 2017
- Details of the Strategic Alliance to be revealed at launch at NEX Exchange-hosted Blockchain Investor event on April 20th
Oraclize has been providing Smart Contract and Oracle solutions to a wide range of organisations for the last two years, from blockchain startups to established corporates. Coinsilium has the core commercial skills, blockchain industry connection and a demonstrable track record in spotting early trends in the industry and identifying some of the most viable blockchain propositions.
The Alliance will leverage the parties complimentary skill sets in order to jointly develop and build a proprietary Smart Contract System (“SCS”) for the next generation of blockchain-powered applications, now being referred to as ‘Blockchain 2.0’, as well as develop commissioned, customised commercial applications for third parties.
The objective is to provide an Enterprise Standard foundational layer to enable commercial scale development of market specific SCS managing Token issuance and implementation of governance protocols for many vertical markets.
A “Smart Contract” is a computer programme executed in a blockchain which can control the issuance, storage and transfer of digital assets (or “Tokens”). ‘Oracles’ connect Smart Contracts to trusted sources of external data. “Token” issuance and governance are essential parts of the economic model of blockchain protocols.
Token based systems create a bridge through which ‘title’ or ownership rights to tangible assets can become tradable via the issuance of a corresponding digital asset (or “Token”). Blockchain enables this to take place in a secure environment for issuers and traders, while removing intermediaries and the financial burden of legacy execution and settlement systems.
The Board of Coinsilium believes that Smart Contracts are now one of the fastest growing segments in blockchain because they perform a vital role in most blockchain solutions. Commercial models are now being developed around the world in areas such as financial inclusion, P2P lending, smart derivatives, digital identity and rights management. Coinsilium started investing in smart contract technologies more than a year ago with its early investment in Smart Contract platform, RSK Labs, in January 2016. Since then, the Company has witnessed the considerable growth in cryptocurrencies and Smart Contract applications which have confirmed its initial vision.
In 2016, over US$200m was raised via the issuance and sale of a range of new digital Tokens by various blockchain enterprises. The market is now growing rapidly with announcements in Q1 alone of over US$150m in new Token issues targeted for the first half of 2017. Multi-million-dollar hedge funds, such as Polychain Capital backed by Andreessen Horowitz and Union Square Ventures, have recently emerged with the sole objective of acquiring and trading these blockchain-based ’Tokens’.
With the market now set for rapid growth, certain vertical markets have been identified where Smart Contracts look set to play a significant future role. Early stage discussions are now being advanced, in regard to the specific market verticals, where management believes it has the right connection network in place and can draw on the industry knowledge and expertise required to develop effective commercial propositions.
Eddy Travia, Coinsilium’s CEO commented: “We are pleased to be entering into this Alliance with Oraclize. It affirms our confidence in the potential of Smart Contracts and together we will be working to create our own proprietary solutions as well as targeting material revenues through the provision of commercial services in this rapidly growing sector. We look forward to keeping shareholders updated as we embark on this exciting new opportunity.”
Thomas Bertani, blockchain expert and the CEO and founder of Oraclize stated: “We are very proud to be forming this Alliance with Coinsilium who we regard as a pioneer in the blockchain technology space. Oraclize and Coinsilium share a common objective which is to support the development of a versatile smart contract ecosystem and we look forward to building innovative blockchain-based solutions with Coinsilium.”
Coinsilium will be hosting an Investor Evening on Thursday 20th April, 2017 where it will be updating investors on its activities including this new strategic alliance. Oraclize will also be speaking. To register, click here.
- Ex Ethereum, Stripe & Apple Trio Raising $1 million – Skipping ICO – to Crowdfund Blockchain Wallet for Banks - August 21, 2017
- Cindicator Brings AI and Collective Intelligence to Drive 47% Investment Yield Per Annum - August 21, 2017
- Cryptopay Plans ICO Based on Users Request - August 21, 2017
- Kybernetwork To Close Their ICO Whitelist Early Due To Massive Early Registration - August 20, 2017
- VR Startup DECENTRALAND Closes Token Launch with $25 Million Raise in 10 Seconds - August 19, 2017
- Napoleonx Plans DAFs (Decentralized Autonomous Funds) To Bridge The Gap Between Crypto And Real Assets Active Investing, Unboxing The Crypto World - August 19, 2017
- Lampix Image Mining for Augmented Reality - August 19, 2017
- BlockMason Announces First SEC-Compliant Public American ICO - August 18, 2017
- Tightened EU Regulations Enabling Blockchain Technology in Pharmaceutical Supply Chain - August 18, 2017
- Mark Cuban Portfolio Company Unikrn Seeks to Sell $100 Million in UnikoinGold tokens - August 18, 2017
- Dash To Host Its First Ever Global Conference - August 17, 2017
- LAToken Tokenized Apple Shares to Sell Them for Cryptocurrencies - August 17, 2017
- Sensay, Groundbreaking AI and Chatbot Company Launches Token Sale - August 17, 2017
- ICOBox Token Presale Attracts $8.3 Million - August 17, 2017
- Indorse, the Decentralized Professional Social Network, Receives Additional Backing From Coinsilium After $5.5 million Pre-Sale - August 16, 2017
- Decentraland Partners With imToken, Connext, and Bitcoin Suisse - August 16, 2017
- Ethereum-based Car Towing Aggregator CarTaxi Plans ICO - August 16, 2017
- Ukraine Government to Allow Foreign Investors to Purchase Real Estate Online with Propy - August 16, 2017
- Cofound.it to Launch Weekly Crowdsales through September - August 15, 2017
- Blockstream Satellite: Broadcasting Bitcoin from Space - August 15, 2017
- Dr. Christian Seberino – Houston Texas Blockchain Course Kicks Off Friday August 18, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Skycoin – Skywire Miner: Hardware for the Next Internet - August 12, 2017
- NSD and Waves kickstart development of Crypto Assets platform - August 12, 2017
- ICONOMI Introduces Columbus Capital As Its First Asset Management Partner - August 12, 2017
- Siberians to Launch ICO for Decentralized Betting eSports Platform - August 12, 2017
- Decentralized News Network Releases Alpha Update - August 12, 2017
- Gibraltar’s Fintech Sector Moves Forward – Awards Xapo E-money license - August 11, 2017
- AMBROSUS Partners with TREK THERAPEUTICS to Develop a Blockchain-powered Method to Track Quality in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing - August 11, 2017
- Outlier Ventures Becomes First VC To Hire ‘Head of Crypto-Economics’ With Appointment of Eden Dhaliwal - August 11, 2017
- Rivetz Raises $5.5 Million in RvT Token Pre-Sale; Public Token Crowdsale Begins Today, Capped at 200,000 ETH - August 10, 2017
- Leading Japanese VCs, Nippon Technology Venture Partners, FISCO Capitals, and ABBALab Inc all to invest in COMSA ICO tokens and XEM - August 10, 2017
- Binded Launches One Click U.S. Copyright Registrations - August 10, 2017
- Illinois Opens Blockchain Development Partnership with Hashed Health - August 9, 2017
- Jaxx and Cofound.it Partner to Give Best New Cryptocurrencies Immediate Liquidity - August 9, 2017
- GoldMint Project Plans to Provide 100 per cent Gold-Backed Stable Assets - August 9, 2017
- Launching a Blockchain Solution to Make Aviation Safer – Aeron.aero - August 9, 2017
- Blackmoon Financial Group Launches Blockchain-Based Platform for Tokenized Investment Funds - August 9, 2017
- SONM Launches Updated Platform With Discovery Algorithm - August 9, 2017
- AirFox Announces ICO to Make Mobile Data More Accessible and Affordable - August 8, 2017
- Golden Fleece Project To Expand Massive Altcoin Mining Ecosystem With Token Sale - August 8, 2017
- Notorious Lobbyist Jack Abramoff to Coach Bitcoin Activists in New Washington, DC-based Reality Docu-series from Blockchain Entertainment and Ignition Creative - August 8, 2017
- ATMChain’s Project In China With 7,000 Intelligent Media Screens ‘Goes Blockchain’ Through DECENT - August 8, 2017
- NEM.io Foundation Partners with Blockchain Global to Expand International Reach - August 8, 2017
- CFTE working with MAS to help ASEAN finance professionals acquire the skills of Finance 2.0 - August 8, 2017
- Rivetz International Partners with LAToken to Boost Marketplace Security on Mobile Devices - August 8, 2017
- investFeed Finishes Successful Token Generation Event - August 8, 2017
- Zen Protocol Unveils Testnet To Decentralize Finance - August 8, 2017
- Blockchain Startup JAAK Announce Official Pilot With Viacom UK - August 7, 2017
- RefToken Releases Blockchain Affiliate Platform Prototype – Announces Token Generation Event - August 5, 2017
- Dash Employs Elite Cybersecurity Service Bugcrowd to ‘Hack’ Its Blockchain - August 5, 2017