Coinsilium Group Limited (NEX: COIN), the accelerator that finances and manages the development of early-stage blockchain technology companies, is pleased to announce that it has signed a Memorandum of Understanding to enter into a strategic alliance with Oraclize Limited, a London-based Blockchain Technology development company providing infrastructure layers for Smart Contracts via its Oracle solution.
The Alliance will leverage the parties complimentary skill sets in order to jointly develop and build a proprietary Smart Contract System for the next generation of blockchain-powered applications, now being referred to as ‘Blockchain 2.0’, as well as develop commissioned, customised commercial applications for third parties.
- MoU SIGNED with leading Blockchain Smart Contract developer, Oraclize
- Aim to jointly develop and build a proprietary Enterprise scale Smart Contract System for the next generation of blockchain-powered applications
- ‘Tokens’ market raised US$200m in 2016 and targeting over US$150m in H1 2017
- Details of the Strategic Alliance to be revealed at launch at NEX Exchange-hosted Blockchain Investor event on April 20th
Oraclize has been providing Smart Contract and Oracle solutions to a wide range of organisations for the last two years, from blockchain startups to established corporates. Coinsilium has the core commercial skills, blockchain industry connection and a demonstrable track record in spotting early trends in the industry and identifying some of the most viable blockchain propositions.
The Alliance will leverage the parties complimentary skill sets in order to jointly develop and build a proprietary Smart Contract System (“SCS”) for the next generation of blockchain-powered applications, now being referred to as ‘Blockchain 2.0’, as well as develop commissioned, customised commercial applications for third parties.
The objective is to provide an Enterprise Standard foundational layer to enable commercial scale development of market specific SCS managing Token issuance and implementation of governance protocols for many vertical markets.
A “Smart Contract” is a computer programme executed in a blockchain which can control the issuance, storage and transfer of digital assets (or “Tokens”). ‘Oracles’ connect Smart Contracts to trusted sources of external data. “Token” issuance and governance are essential parts of the economic model of blockchain protocols.
Token based systems create a bridge through which ‘title’ or ownership rights to tangible assets can become tradable via the issuance of a corresponding digital asset (or “Token”). Blockchain enables this to take place in a secure environment for issuers and traders, while removing intermediaries and the financial burden of legacy execution and settlement systems.
The Board of Coinsilium believes that Smart Contracts are now one of the fastest growing segments in blockchain because they perform a vital role in most blockchain solutions. Commercial models are now being developed around the world in areas such as financial inclusion, P2P lending, smart derivatives, digital identity and rights management. Coinsilium started investing in smart contract technologies more than a year ago with its early investment in Smart Contract platform, RSK Labs, in January 2016. Since then, the Company has witnessed the considerable growth in cryptocurrencies and Smart Contract applications which have confirmed its initial vision.
In 2016, over US$200m was raised via the issuance and sale of a range of new digital Tokens by various blockchain enterprises. The market is now growing rapidly with announcements in Q1 alone of over US$150m in new Token issues targeted for the first half of 2017. Multi-million-dollar hedge funds, such as Polychain Capital backed by Andreessen Horowitz and Union Square Ventures, have recently emerged with the sole objective of acquiring and trading these blockchain-based ’Tokens’.
With the market now set for rapid growth, certain vertical markets have been identified where Smart Contracts look set to play a significant future role. Early stage discussions are now being advanced, in regard to the specific market verticals, where management believes it has the right connection network in place and can draw on the industry knowledge and expertise required to develop effective commercial propositions.
Eddy Travia, Coinsilium’s CEO commented: “We are pleased to be entering into this Alliance with Oraclize. It affirms our confidence in the potential of Smart Contracts and together we will be working to create our own proprietary solutions as well as targeting material revenues through the provision of commercial services in this rapidly growing sector. We look forward to keeping shareholders updated as we embark on this exciting new opportunity.”
Thomas Bertani, blockchain expert and the CEO and founder of Oraclize stated: “We are very proud to be forming this Alliance with Coinsilium who we regard as a pioneer in the blockchain technology space. Oraclize and Coinsilium share a common objective which is to support the development of a versatile smart contract ecosystem and we look forward to building innovative blockchain-based solutions with Coinsilium.”
Coinsilium will be hosting an Investor Evening on Thursday 20th April, 2017 where it will be updating investors on its activities including this new strategic alliance. Oraclize will also be speaking. To register, click here.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017