Coinsilium Group Limited (NEX: COIN), the accelerator that finances and manages the development of early-stage blockchain technology companies, is pleased to announce that it has signed a Memorandum of Understanding to enter into a strategic alliance with Oraclize Limited, a London-based Blockchain Technology development company providing infrastructure layers for Smart Contracts via its Oracle solution.
The Alliance will leverage the parties complimentary skill sets in order to jointly develop and build a proprietary Smart Contract System for the next generation of blockchain-powered applications, now being referred to as ‘Blockchain 2.0’, as well as develop commissioned, customised commercial applications for third parties.
- MoU SIGNED with leading Blockchain Smart Contract developer, Oraclize
- Aim to jointly develop and build a proprietary Enterprise scale Smart Contract System for the next generation of blockchain-powered applications
- ‘Tokens’ market raised US$200m in 2016 and targeting over US$150m in H1 2017
- Details of the Strategic Alliance to be revealed at launch at NEX Exchange-hosted Blockchain Investor event on April 20th
Oraclize has been providing Smart Contract and Oracle solutions to a wide range of organisations for the last two years, from blockchain startups to established corporates. Coinsilium has the core commercial skills, blockchain industry connection and a demonstrable track record in spotting early trends in the industry and identifying some of the most viable blockchain propositions.
The Alliance will leverage the parties complimentary skill sets in order to jointly develop and build a proprietary Smart Contract System (“SCS”) for the next generation of blockchain-powered applications, now being referred to as ‘Blockchain 2.0’, as well as develop commissioned, customised commercial applications for third parties.
The objective is to provide an Enterprise Standard foundational layer to enable commercial scale development of market specific SCS managing Token issuance and implementation of governance protocols for many vertical markets.
A “Smart Contract” is a computer programme executed in a blockchain which can control the issuance, storage and transfer of digital assets (or “Tokens”). ‘Oracles’ connect Smart Contracts to trusted sources of external data. “Token” issuance and governance are essential parts of the economic model of blockchain protocols.
Token based systems create a bridge through which ‘title’ or ownership rights to tangible assets can become tradable via the issuance of a corresponding digital asset (or “Token”). Blockchain enables this to take place in a secure environment for issuers and traders, while removing intermediaries and the financial burden of legacy execution and settlement systems.
The Board of Coinsilium believes that Smart Contracts are now one of the fastest growing segments in blockchain because they perform a vital role in most blockchain solutions. Commercial models are now being developed around the world in areas such as financial inclusion, P2P lending, smart derivatives, digital identity and rights management. Coinsilium started investing in smart contract technologies more than a year ago with its early investment in Smart Contract platform, RSK Labs, in January 2016. Since then, the Company has witnessed the considerable growth in cryptocurrencies and Smart Contract applications which have confirmed its initial vision.
In 2016, over US$200m was raised via the issuance and sale of a range of new digital Tokens by various blockchain enterprises. The market is now growing rapidly with announcements in Q1 alone of over US$150m in new Token issues targeted for the first half of 2017. Multi-million-dollar hedge funds, such as Polychain Capital backed by Andreessen Horowitz and Union Square Ventures, have recently emerged with the sole objective of acquiring and trading these blockchain-based ’Tokens’.
With the market now set for rapid growth, certain vertical markets have been identified where Smart Contracts look set to play a significant future role. Early stage discussions are now being advanced, in regard to the specific market verticals, where management believes it has the right connection network in place and can draw on the industry knowledge and expertise required to develop effective commercial propositions.
Eddy Travia, Coinsilium’s CEO commented: “We are pleased to be entering into this Alliance with Oraclize. It affirms our confidence in the potential of Smart Contracts and together we will be working to create our own proprietary solutions as well as targeting material revenues through the provision of commercial services in this rapidly growing sector. We look forward to keeping shareholders updated as we embark on this exciting new opportunity.”
Thomas Bertani, blockchain expert and the CEO and founder of Oraclize stated: “We are very proud to be forming this Alliance with Coinsilium who we regard as a pioneer in the blockchain technology space. Oraclize and Coinsilium share a common objective which is to support the development of a versatile smart contract ecosystem and we look forward to building innovative blockchain-based solutions with Coinsilium.”
Coinsilium will be hosting an Investor Evening on Thursday 20th April, 2017 where it will be updating investors on its activities including this new strategic alliance. Oraclize will also be speaking. To register, click here.
- Pulsar Venture Capital Holds ICO to Raise Money Using Blockchain - October 19, 2017
- Dash Expands Reach In Asia Through Cooperation With Rising Fintech Company QUOINE - October 19, 2017
- Hacken and Neuromation Partnership Launched to Stomp out Blockchain Cybercrime - October 19, 2017
- Playkey Brings in $1 Million in Pre-Sale Campaign and Welcomes Dillon Seo as VR Advisor - October 19, 2017
- SolarCoin Founders Introduce New Blockchain-Based Network for Global, Decentralized Energy Trading - October 19, 2017
- Kazakhstan’s Lendex.io plans ICO in early 2018 - October 19, 2017
- Swissborg – The Blockchain Era of Swiss Private Banking – Announced ICO - October 19, 2017
- Bank4YOU Group’s launches ICO end of October – Investors Call to Action - October 19, 2017
- Live Pre-sale of Trive: Fights Fake News Using Cryptocurrency and Crowdsourced Research - October 19, 2017
- A New Ozone Layer? Arcona Plans for Augmented Reality Layer to Cover Earth Surface in new AR project - October 19, 2017
- Cofound.it Introduces Seed Program for Early Blockchain Startups - October 19, 2017
- LOOMIA Announces Collaboration With Storj Labs, Introduces Smart Fabrics and Consumer Data to Blockchain Technology - October 19, 2017
- DECENT Launches Beta Release of DECENT GO, The First Decentralized Marketplace for Digital Content - October 19, 2017
- Orebits Corporation, Inc. Announces Orebits Pool, LLC and Orebits.AU Eco-System - October 19, 2017
- Pareto – the Peer to Peer Financial Content Marketplace Announces Token Sale - October 19, 2017
- Appsolutely Launches the LoyalPlatform, LoyalCoin and LoyalWallet; Using Blockchain to Usher in the New “Loyalty Economy” - October 19, 2017
- Eidoo Raises $27.9m In Successful ICO To Bridge The Cryptocurrency Gap And Open The World Of Digital Currencies To The Masses - October 19, 2017
- Malta-based RoboAdvisorCoin (RAC) Launches Token Sale for Robo-Advisor Dedicated to Cryptocurrencies and Digital Assets - October 19, 2017
- BLOCKv Announces the Availability of VEE Tokens Through Its Upcoming Token Generation Event – Open to Public on October 19, 2017 - October 19, 2017
- The Fundchain initiative starts again this year with new Research & Development roadmap for the investment fund industry - October 19, 2017
- Digital Cryptocurrency Vault DigiPulse Reaches $1 million in Token Sale - October 19, 2017
- Tickets Cloud Kicks off crypto.tickets ICO - October 19, 2017
- Ex-JP Morgan Vice President Dr Joseph Chen-Yu Wang Joins Ambrosus as Project Manager - October 19, 2017
- Russian Wood for Cryptocurrency – Timber! - October 19, 2017
- Proof Suite Announces Token Sale for Blockchain Platform Designed to Tokenize and Insure Real World Assets - October 19, 2017
- DataWallet Announces Blockchain-Based, Consumer-to-Business Data Exchange - October 19, 2017
- IEEE Releases Findings from First Detailed Study of Blockchain Adoption in the Pharmaceutical Enterprise - October 19, 2017
- Horizon State Launches Token Sale to Modernize Global Voting and Collaborative Decision Making - October 19, 2017
- Metaps Plans to Launch Time Marketplace ‘Timebank’ Token Sale on COMSA - October 19, 2017
- Lykke Vanuatu brings Binary.com tokens to Lykke Vanuatu Exchange - October 19, 2017
- After raising $15M in a pre-sale, BitClave is ramping up for its Nov 8 crowdsale, and its plans to redefine the search experience - October 19, 2017
- Kazakhstan Is About To Launch The First Cryptocurrency, Directly Backed By Fiat Money - October 19, 2017
- Positive.com launches to protect Initial Coin Offerings from cyber attack - October 19, 2017
- Latium Launches LATX Cryptocurrency Token Sale for Participation in AI-Based Tasking Platform - October 18, 2017
- IBM Announces Major Blockchain Solution to Speed Global Payments - October 18, 2017
- Launch of SMSCHAIN, a Blockchain-based SMS Gateway - October 18, 2017
- Streamr Concludes a 30 Million CHF Crowd Contribution Period to Build Decentralized Real-Time Data Economy - October 18, 2017
- Publica Building New eCommerce Platform for the Publishing Ecosystem – Token Sale Coming Soon - October 18, 2017
- BLOCKv Partners with Storj Labs to Provide Decentralized Storage Architecture and New Toolsets to Power Next Generation Digital Objects - October 18, 2017
- Coinme Announces the Start of the UpToken Sale Today With Over $40 Million USD in Pre-Registration Signups - October 18, 2017
- Blockbid Announces Launch Of ICO Backed By Multi-Cryptocurrency Trading Platform - October 18, 2017
- SportyFi – Decentralized Sports Investment Start-up Endorsed by Soccer Superstar Roberto Carlos - October 16, 2017
- Acronis Joins Runa Capital and Parallels In Accelerating Innovation and Supporting Blockchain Initiatives in Malta - October 16, 2017
- Jaxx Allows First Crowdsale Participation with STORM Token - October 16, 2017
- Hyperledger Knits New Project – Hyperledger Quilt - October 16, 2017
- Legolas Exchange Partners With BanQix to Protect Institutional Investors - October 16, 2017
- MARK.SPACE Announces Launch Of Blockchain-powered VR-platform With Upcoming Token Crowdsale - October 16, 2017
- IRTI Partners With Ateon And Settlemint To Develop Blockchain-based Products For Financial Inclusion - October 16, 2017
- Golden Alliance Coin Announces ICO – For Mining Gold - October 16, 2017
- Media Aggregator Esports Gold Announces $5 Million Ethereum Token Sale - October 16, 2017