Fermat, the decentralised, blockchain and graphchain-enabled open source project developing the Internet of People (IoP), today announced their partnership with Cicada, a distributed direct democracy and decentralized application platform. The project joins Fermat to drive continued development in decentralization.
Launched in April 2016, Fermat is building the world’s only infrastructure with an open social graph, decentralized APIs, and direct device-to-device communication. The Internet of People is designed to make it more cost-effective for businesses to scale globally by removing unnecessary intermediaries, promising to make transactions of the future inherently less expensive and more secure.
“Fermat is above all an alliance of values, which is striving to create a more decentralised world where people’s privacy is respected and power is held accountable. It is our aim to collaborate with projects like Cicada, which share these values and furthermore support our fundamental principles of diversity and personal liberty,” said Luis Molina, Founder of Fermat.
“We have a strong belief in communities and collaboration. Each of these projects take a particular approach to analyzing the problems and focus on certain areas. By joining forces, we end up working with a more holistic approach and are able to deliver better and more comprehensive solutions. This is exactly the case with Cicada – a project which has completed a significant amount of work analyzing the issues of identity, reputation and governance,” added Molina.
Founded by system architect Daniel Jeffries, Cicada is a distributed direct democracy and decentralized application platform which aims to revolutionise governance on a global scale. It uses a privacy-guaranteeing, decentralized identity and a novel proof of work that promises to deliver a universal basic income and provide immunity against mining centralization.
“Partnering with Fermat was the natural choice for us. There was an instantaneous connection from the start. Our ideas and values overlap in so many ways. The leaders of both teams knew right off the bat that we’d be stronger together. Cicada will help Fermat with getting decentralized IDs right, along with the reputation system, as well as building the first killer apps for the Internet of People. Working in a silo only gets you so far. To really flourish you need to work together towards a higher goal, and that’s what this partnership is all about,” said Daniel Jeffries, Founder of Cicada.
“The collaboration is having a huge impact on Fermat’s analysis of our Governance 3.0 system. By integrating Cicada’s concepts into the Internet of People’s identity, reputation, and governance solutions, our platform becomes stronger, and at the same time we ensure that Cicada will be able to use the platform to achieve their own goals. It’s a win – win collaboration,” said Molina.
In addition to developing partnerships, the Fermat Community has also continued to grow, with over 40 Chapters opening since February 2017, bringing the current total to 107 worldwide, including in Australia, UAE, Canada, Brazil, Singapore, the UK, USA and across Europe.
“Fermat and Cicada working together is a much stronger package that the sum of individual parts. Synergy happens at multiple levels, including a renewed capacity to attract more people, communities and projects. We strongly believe in collaboration over competition and that organisations, sharing the same values, can work together to achieve outstanding success. We expect a lot more projects to join forces generating substantial momentum within the industry,” concluded Molina.
For more information on Fermat and the Internet of People, visit: http://www.fermat.org.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017