Fermat, the decentralised, blockchain and graphchain-enabled open source project developing the Internet of People (IoP), today announced their partnership with Cicada, a distributed direct democracy and decentralized application platform. The project joins Fermat to drive continued development in decentralization.
Launched in April 2016, Fermat is building the world’s only infrastructure with an open social graph, decentralized APIs, and direct device-to-device communication. The Internet of People is designed to make it more cost-effective for businesses to scale globally by removing unnecessary intermediaries, promising to make transactions of the future inherently less expensive and more secure.
“Fermat is above all an alliance of values, which is striving to create a more decentralised world where people’s privacy is respected and power is held accountable. It is our aim to collaborate with projects like Cicada, which share these values and furthermore support our fundamental principles of diversity and personal liberty,” said Luis Molina, Founder of Fermat.
“We have a strong belief in communities and collaboration. Each of these projects take a particular approach to analyzing the problems and focus on certain areas. By joining forces, we end up working with a more holistic approach and are able to deliver better and more comprehensive solutions. This is exactly the case with Cicada – a project which has completed a significant amount of work analyzing the issues of identity, reputation and governance,” added Molina.
Founded by system architect Daniel Jeffries, Cicada is a distributed direct democracy and decentralized application platform which aims to revolutionise governance on a global scale. It uses a privacy-guaranteeing, decentralized identity and a novel proof of work that promises to deliver a universal basic income and provide immunity against mining centralization.
“Partnering with Fermat was the natural choice for us. There was an instantaneous connection from the start. Our ideas and values overlap in so many ways. The leaders of both teams knew right off the bat that we’d be stronger together. Cicada will help Fermat with getting decentralized IDs right, along with the reputation system, as well as building the first killer apps for the Internet of People. Working in a silo only gets you so far. To really flourish you need to work together towards a higher goal, and that’s what this partnership is all about,” said Daniel Jeffries, Founder of Cicada.
“The collaboration is having a huge impact on Fermat’s analysis of our Governance 3.0 system. By integrating Cicada’s concepts into the Internet of People’s identity, reputation, and governance solutions, our platform becomes stronger, and at the same time we ensure that Cicada will be able to use the platform to achieve their own goals. It’s a win – win collaboration,” said Molina.
In addition to developing partnerships, the Fermat Community has also continued to grow, with over 40 Chapters opening since February 2017, bringing the current total to 107 worldwide, including in Australia, UAE, Canada, Brazil, Singapore, the UK, USA and across Europe.
“Fermat and Cicada working together is a much stronger package that the sum of individual parts. Synergy happens at multiple levels, including a renewed capacity to attract more people, communities and projects. We strongly believe in collaboration over competition and that organisations, sharing the same values, can work together to achieve outstanding success. We expect a lot more projects to join forces generating substantial momentum within the industry,” concluded Molina.
For more information on Fermat and the Internet of People, visit: http://www.fermat.org.
- Grid Foundation unveils an Enterprise ‘Cloud Operating System’ for All Blockchains - October 23, 2017
- Cashaa welcomes Central bankers, MIT scientists and Fortune Top 500 Leaders for its CAS token sale - October 23, 2017
- Sun Exchange Raises $1.6 Million Seed Investment to Catalyze Global Shift to Solar Power - October 22, 2017
- Brickblock And Nakamo.to Announce Partnership To Fuse Real-world Asset Trading With The Potential Of IOTA’s Tangle Network - October 22, 2017
- Wirex inks deal with SBI Holdings to establish Asia focussed joint venture – Japanese cryptocurrency payments card expected soon - October 22, 2017
- CrowdWiz successfully raises over $5 million in its pre sale to bring democracy to investing by cutting out the middleman - October 22, 2017
- Soma – launches ICO to tackle marketplace fraud and disrupt the $1.7 trillion global second-hand goods industry - October 22, 2017
- LiveEdu.tv Launches ICO and Announces Presale - October 22, 2017
- Yetta announces ICO of European Commission funded Blockchain Research and Development - October 22, 2017
- Pulsar Venture Capital Holds ICO to Raise Money Using Blockchain - October 19, 2017
- Dash Expands Reach In Asia Through Cooperation With Rising Fintech Company QUOINE - October 19, 2017
- Hacken and Neuromation Partnership Launched to Stomp out Blockchain Cybercrime - October 19, 2017
- Playkey Brings in $1 Million in Pre-Sale Campaign and Welcomes Dillon Seo as VR Advisor - October 19, 2017
- SolarCoin Founders Introduce New Blockchain-Based Network for Global, Decentralized Energy Trading - October 19, 2017
- Kazakhstan’s Lendex.io plans ICO in early 2018 - October 19, 2017
- Swissborg – The Blockchain Era of Swiss Private Banking – Announced ICO - October 19, 2017
- Bank4YOU Group’s launches ICO end of October – Investors Call to Action - October 19, 2017
- Live Pre-sale of Trive: Fights Fake News Using Cryptocurrency and Crowdsourced Research - October 19, 2017
- A New Ozone Layer? Arcona Plans for Augmented Reality Layer to Cover Earth Surface in new AR project - October 19, 2017
- Cofound.it Introduces Seed Program for Early Blockchain Startups - October 19, 2017
- LOOMIA Announces Collaboration With Storj Labs, Introduces Smart Fabrics and Consumer Data to Blockchain Technology - October 19, 2017
- DECENT Launches Beta Release of DECENT GO, The First Decentralized Marketplace for Digital Content - October 19, 2017
- Orebits Corporation, Inc. Announces Orebits Pool, LLC and Orebits.AU Eco-System - October 19, 2017
- Pareto – the Peer to Peer Financial Content Marketplace Announces Token Sale - October 19, 2017
- Appsolutely Launches the LoyalPlatform, LoyalCoin and LoyalWallet; Using Blockchain to Usher in the New “Loyalty Economy” - October 19, 2017
- Eidoo Raises $27.9m In Successful ICO To Bridge The Cryptocurrency Gap And Open The World Of Digital Currencies To The Masses - October 19, 2017
- Malta-based RoboAdvisorCoin (RAC) Launches Token Sale for Robo-Advisor Dedicated to Cryptocurrencies and Digital Assets - October 19, 2017
- BLOCKv Announces the Availability of VEE Tokens Through Its Upcoming Token Generation Event – Open to Public on October 19, 2017 - October 19, 2017
- The Fundchain initiative starts again this year with new Research & Development roadmap for the investment fund industry - October 19, 2017
- Digital Cryptocurrency Vault DigiPulse Reaches $1 million in Token Sale - October 19, 2017
- Tickets Cloud Kicks off crypto.tickets ICO - October 19, 2017
- Ex-JP Morgan Vice President Dr Joseph Chen-Yu Wang Joins Ambrosus as Project Manager - October 19, 2017
- Russian Wood for Cryptocurrency – Timber! - October 19, 2017
- Proof Suite Announces Token Sale for Blockchain Platform Designed to Tokenize and Insure Real World Assets - October 19, 2017
- DataWallet Announces Blockchain-Based, Consumer-to-Business Data Exchange - October 19, 2017
- IEEE Releases Findings from First Detailed Study of Blockchain Adoption in the Pharmaceutical Enterprise - October 19, 2017
- Horizon State Launches Token Sale to Modernize Global Voting and Collaborative Decision Making - October 19, 2017
- Metaps Plans to Launch Time Marketplace ‘Timebank’ Token Sale on COMSA - October 19, 2017
- Lykke Vanuatu brings Binary.com tokens to Lykke Vanuatu Exchange - October 19, 2017
- After raising $15M in a pre-sale, BitClave is ramping up for its Nov 8 crowdsale, and its plans to redefine the search experience - October 19, 2017
- Kazakhstan Is About To Launch The First Cryptocurrency, Directly Backed By Fiat Money - October 19, 2017
- Positive.com launches to protect Initial Coin Offerings from cyber attack - October 19, 2017
- Latium Launches LATX Cryptocurrency Token Sale for Participation in AI-Based Tasking Platform - October 18, 2017
- IBM Announces Major Blockchain Solution to Speed Global Payments - October 18, 2017
- Launch of SMSCHAIN, a Blockchain-based SMS Gateway - October 18, 2017
- Streamr Concludes a 30 Million CHF Crowd Contribution Period to Build Decentralized Real-Time Data Economy - October 18, 2017
- Publica Building New eCommerce Platform for the Publishing Ecosystem – Token Sale Coming Soon - October 18, 2017
- BLOCKv Partners with Storj Labs to Provide Decentralized Storage Architecture and New Toolsets to Power Next Generation Digital Objects - October 18, 2017
- Coinme Announces the Start of the UpToken Sale Today With Over $40 Million USD in Pre-Registration Signups - October 18, 2017
- Blockbid Announces Launch Of ICO Backed By Multi-Cryptocurrency Trading Platform - October 18, 2017