CryptoFinancing – Europe’s first conference opening the lid on the emerging world of Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) and Token Sales – will take place in London on July 7, 2017 at Grange Tower Bridge Hotel. The inaugural event, will bring debate on the nascent industry’s effect on venture capital, regulatory environments, as well at talks from ICO projects of the past and the future on methodology and design.
Come see some of the leading players in the space discuss how crowdsales have overtaken venture capital as the main financial driver of innovation for Blockchain projects in just one short year.
Who should come?
Startups – would you like to learn how other young projects have raised millions of dollars in minutes without giving up a lick of equity?
Imagine open sourcing all your software and structuring the company as a non-profit foundation bypassing the VC route, designing your own currency and assigning a value to it and selling it… raising millions – and imagine doing all this without having even built any software and just putting an idea down on paper – essentially offering vapourware with a bit of math and text on a few pages called a ‘whitepaper’.
Swiss foundation DECENT did just that recently, pulling in 5881 BTC worth some $7 million in today’s BTC-USD price.
Learn how tokens are designed and how to give them utility value, learn how they are marketed and platforms they are executed on and the legal aspects and much more!
Investors – Welcome to the new world of Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) – a phenomenon born from the Bitcoin community that is rocking some parts of the venture capital industry, who are now beginning to take a good, hard look at this new financial instrument which has both its benefits and its disadvantages as well as threats and opportunities to their own business model.
This new fundraising phenomenon is fueled by a synergistic convergence of Blockchain technology, new wealth, clever entrepreneurs and crypto-investors backing Blockchain-driven ideas that are raising funds by creating their own cryptocurrencies and offering discounted rates on digital assets before they hit the cryptocurrency exchanges – sometimes up to 40 per cent. The investors can then opt to cash out to a fiat currency early via Bitcoin or Ether or wait for the currency to rise.
In other words a digital asset is created, a value determined – and by consensus reached by investment, value is settled by a network of participants rather than by a central authority or government.
Venture capitalists, who generally have been standoffish to the ICO phenomenon are now becoming more interested for a number of reasons.
One is profits – cryptocurrency investors are making huge returns on not only Bitcoin and Ether but also emerging cryptocurrencies born from ICOs. Ethereum doubled in just a few days in March 2017 and has touched 100 euro. Bitcoin has gone through the roof in May 2017 and some cryptocurrency investors are earning massive ROI in weeks and this fact is spinning heads.
Liquidity is the second reason VC are interested. Rather than tying up vast amounts of funds in a startup or Unicorn and waiting for the long play – an IPO or acquisition – they can see gains quicker in ICOs and pull profits out easily.
Government and Regulators – ICOs are the Wild West of financing – they sit in a grey zone where the SEC in the USA and many other regulatory bodies are still investigating. The main problem is, most ICOs don’t actually offer equity in the venture, therefore are outside of traditional legal frameworks when it comes to securities. They only offer discounts on cryptocurrency before they hit the exchanges after the ICO, therefore do not fit into the current definition of a security.
Secondly, they are global instruments, not national ones and they are funded using Bitcoin, Ethereum and other cryptocurrencies which are not controlled by any central authority or bank. Anyone can invest and they can even do so pseudo-anonymously. Currently there’s no Anti-Money Laundering (AML) or Know Your Customer (KYC) framework though some companies are working on that such as Tokenmarket, who has teamed up with the Stock Market of Gibraltar to offer KYC and AML compliant ICOs.
Tickets are available at http://www.crypto-financing.com
- SportyFi – Decentralized Sports Investment Start-up Endorsed by Soccer Superstar Roberto Carlos - October 16, 2017
- Acronis Joins Runa Capital and Parallels In Accelerating Innovation and Supporting Blockchain Initiatives in Malta - October 16, 2017
- Jaxx Allows First Crowdsale Participation with STORM Token - October 16, 2017
- Hyperledger Knits New Project – Hyperledger Quilt - October 16, 2017
- Legolas Exchange Partners With BanQix to Protect Institutional Investors - October 16, 2017
- MARK.SPACE Announces Launch Of Blockchain-powered VR-platform With Upcoming Token Crowdsale - October 16, 2017
- IRTI Partners With Ateon And Settlemint To Develop Blockchain-based Products For Financial Inclusion - October 16, 2017
- Golden Alliance Coin Announces ICO – For Mining Gold - October 16, 2017
- Media Aggregator Esports Gold Announces $5 Million Ethereum Token Sale - October 16, 2017
- MinexCoin: Park the Volatility! - October 16, 2017
- Ambrosus Token Generation Event (TGE) Officially Cracks the Largest Blockchain Crowdfunded Projects in History - October 15, 2017
- Freedom Streaming Announces An ICO For The First Uncensored And Anonymous Live Streaming Platform - October 14, 2017
- MicroMoney starts a $30,000,000 token distribution campaign - October 14, 2017
- Announcing the First Members of the DataBrokerDAO Alliance - October 14, 2017
- STK Global Payments Announce Global Advisory Board – Token Sale - October 14, 2017
- Zilliqa Breaks 2,400 Transactions per Second with their ‘Sharding’ Blockchain - October 13, 2017
- Dappbase Launches High-Performance Infrastructure for Decentralized App Developers - October 13, 2017
- bitJob Raises $2 Million to Launch Decentralized Platform for Student Employment - October 13, 2017
- Particl Unveils Its Confidential Cryptocurrency Transactions - October 13, 2017
- Waves To Develop “liquid Democracy” Applications - October 13, 2017
- DECENT Updates Core – New User Issued Assets and More - October 13, 2017
- Dash for Dope – Digital Payments Platform Alt Thirty Six Selects Dash As Payment Method of Choice for New Retail Sectors - October 13, 2017
- Garvan Institute And E-nome Enter Strategic Alliance To Enhance Medical Research Data Management Through Blockchain Tech - October 13, 2017
- Moody’s: New Payment Technologies Pose Threat, But Incumbents Unlikely To Be Displaced - October 13, 2017
- ZAP Token Distribution Event to Begin October 21, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- AirFox Raises $15 Million in Successful ICO, Brings New Mobile Banking Solutions to Emerging Markets - October 12, 2017
- HydroMiner Token Sale Starts October 18th – Austrian Regulators Approve - October 12, 2017
- The SBM Group and SALT Technology Enter Exploratory Partnership to Collateralize Blockchain Assets - October 12, 2017
- ExHasta: Integrating and Empowering Innovators – Announces Token Sale - October 12, 2017
- Tech Veterans Set Up Global Public Offering Fund To Turn Top U.S. Startups Into Asia-Pacific Listed Unicorns - October 11, 2017
- ZenCash Partners With Welto to Allow Bill Payment in Cryptocurrency - October 11, 2017
- Cryptopay Plans to Tie Investments to Service Performance Metrics - October 11, 2017
- Boosteroid Wants to Squeeze Google and Amazon on the Cloud Computing Market - October 11, 2017
- Fiinu Launches Pre-sale Ahead Of ICO - October 11, 2017
- Famous Russia-based startup BioCoin closes first round of presale with $2.5 mln raised - October 11, 2017
- eSports Platform EloPlay to Hold a Token Sale - October 11, 2017
- CapLinked Partners With Storj Labs, Moves Enterprise Document Management to Blockchain Technology - October 11, 2017
- Ethfinex and Cofound.it Collaborate to Bring Trust to Blockchain Economy - October 11, 2017
- Exscudo launches Bug Bounty campaign - October 11, 2017
- Blockchain Capital and TaaS Join BLOCKv, a User Interface for Blockchain Tokens - October 11, 2017
- Lufthansa Group Partners Up With Winding Tree To Bring Blockchain Technology To The Travel Industry - October 10, 2017
- Peer Mountain Launches Distributed System of Trust to Give Data Control Back to Consumers - October 10, 2017
- Revolutionary Ico Aimed At Tackling Waste Surplus And Energy Shortfall Announced - October 10, 2017
- Streamr, the Decentralized Real-Time Data Economy, Joins the Trusted IoT Alliance - October 10, 2017
- Exscudo and Crypto.Tickets exclusive partnership opens a new market for cryptocurrency - October 10, 2017
- Guardian Circle Turns to Blockchain for Global Decentralized 9-1-1 Emergency Response - October 10, 2017
- NEM Foundation Partners with Metaps Plus, Expanding Korean Presence - October 10, 2017
- StormX Lowers Community Appreciation Sale Cap Due to Overwhelming Demand - October 10, 2017
- Token Report to Provide Membership Access to World’s Largest Database on ICOs - October 10, 2017
- BLOCKv Adds Visionary Futurist Peter Diamandis and Serial Entrepreneur and Investor Gil Penchina to its Advisory Board - October 10, 2017