SONM (Supercomputer Organized by Network Mining), the universal fog supercomputer powered by Blockchain technology, has announced its Initial Coin Offering, commencing June 15, 2017 and concluding July 15, 2017. By modifying the algorithms behind conventional cloud and grid networks, SONM will be the first distributed supercomputer for general purposes, from site hosting to DNA analysis to scientific calculations. SONM will issue tokens of the same name on the Ethereum Blockchain.
SONM CEO Sergey Ponomarev said:
“Market demand for computing power is rising exponentially across a range of industries. SONM’s unique offering directly responds to this demand by making use of idle standing computing power to solve non-deterministic tasks like hosting websites, the backend for mobile apps, and massively multiplayer online gaming (MMO instances). Any miner with a smartphone or supercomputer cluster can become a part of SONM’s fog network and generate computing power to be used by others.
“Fog computing with its greater innate potential, is widening the scope of what cloud computing can achieve by bringing solo miners, private datacenters, public clouds, and IoT into the network. The SONM platform, based on BTSync’s data transmission software and Yandex Technologies’ open source code for decentralized computation, is an integration of the most advanced solutions in the field of fog and cloud computation,” he added.
By hybridizing fog computing with an open-source PaaS technology, the SONM platform will offer a full spectrum of services, including app development, scientific calculations, website hosting, video game server hosting, machine learning for neural networks, video and CGI rendering, augmented reality location-based games, and video streaming services.
SONM also offers an opportunity for miners to earn tokens efficiently by serving calculations for everyone in the network. Any smart device located anywhere in the world can take advantage by joining the fog network and selling computing power peer-to-peer via the SONM Application Pool.
Sergey Ponomarev said:
“In recent years, being a part of a pool has been the only way to profit from mining, but this method often doesn’t even cover electricity costs associated with Proof-of-Work (PoW) mining. SONM will reduce miners’ costs by eliminating the need for PoW mining and by suggesting the most profitable applications and tasks for each miner’s hardware.”
SONM tokens will be used by buyers of computing power to pay for the calculations executed via the smart contracts-based SONM platform. Tokens will be created exclusively during the crowdfunding period. No token creation, minting or mining will be available after the crowdfunding period. The funding cap will be confirmed according to the ETH/USD conversion rate before the ICO begins. A progressive bonus structure will exist for the first 70% of tokens sold in the ICO.
The funds raised in the crowdsale will be distributed as follows: 33% is reserved for marketing promotion, market growth, community, and expansion; 30% for research and development including team expansion, and advisers; 20% for the original SONM team; 7% for complementary technologies; 6% for technology infrastructure; and the remaining 4% for other indirect costs such as legal and office expenses.
Sergey Ponomarev said:
“The SONM platform can also be used for providing decentralized services in a heterogenous computing environment, which is expected to be a cornerstone of the future of computing. Given SONM’s reputation system and intelligent agents, we expect SONM to be the smartest, cheapest, and largest decentralized computing system with strong rules regarding morality and loyalty.”
Investors can participate in the SONM ICO using BTC, ETH and other major cryptocurrencies. The SNM token basic price is 1 ETH = 606 SNM. The amount of SNM tokens to issue for the other cryptocurrencies (except Ethereum) deposits will be calculated according to the current exchange rate of this cryptocurrency in Ethereum.
More information, the SONM whitepaper and business overview are available at http://www.sonm.io
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017