SONM (Supercomputer Organized by Network Mining), the universal fog supercomputer powered by Blockchain technology, has announced its Initial Coin Offering, commencing June 15, 2017 and concluding July 15, 2017. By modifying the algorithms behind conventional cloud and grid networks, SONM will be the first distributed supercomputer for general purposes, from site hosting to DNA analysis to scientific calculations. SONM will issue tokens of the same name on the Ethereum Blockchain.
SONM CEO Sergey Ponomarev said:
“Market demand for computing power is rising exponentially across a range of industries. SONM’s unique offering directly responds to this demand by making use of idle standing computing power to solve non-deterministic tasks like hosting websites, the backend for mobile apps, and massively multiplayer online gaming (MMO instances). Any miner with a smartphone or supercomputer cluster can become a part of SONM’s fog network and generate computing power to be used by others.
“Fog computing with its greater innate potential, is widening the scope of what cloud computing can achieve by bringing solo miners, private datacenters, public clouds, and IoT into the network. The SONM platform, based on BTSync’s data transmission software and Yandex Technologies’ open source code for decentralized computation, is an integration of the most advanced solutions in the field of fog and cloud computation,” he added.
By hybridizing fog computing with an open-source PaaS technology, the SONM platform will offer a full spectrum of services, including app development, scientific calculations, website hosting, video game server hosting, machine learning for neural networks, video and CGI rendering, augmented reality location-based games, and video streaming services.
SONM also offers an opportunity for miners to earn tokens efficiently by serving calculations for everyone in the network. Any smart device located anywhere in the world can take advantage by joining the fog network and selling computing power peer-to-peer via the SONM Application Pool.
Sergey Ponomarev said:
“In recent years, being a part of a pool has been the only way to profit from mining, but this method often doesn’t even cover electricity costs associated with Proof-of-Work (PoW) mining. SONM will reduce miners’ costs by eliminating the need for PoW mining and by suggesting the most profitable applications and tasks for each miner’s hardware.”
SONM tokens will be used by buyers of computing power to pay for the calculations executed via the smart contracts-based SONM platform. Tokens will be created exclusively during the crowdfunding period. No token creation, minting or mining will be available after the crowdfunding period. The funding cap will be confirmed according to the ETH/USD conversion rate before the ICO begins. A progressive bonus structure will exist for the first 70% of tokens sold in the ICO.
The funds raised in the crowdsale will be distributed as follows: 33% is reserved for marketing promotion, market growth, community, and expansion; 30% for research and development including team expansion, and advisers; 20% for the original SONM team; 7% for complementary technologies; 6% for technology infrastructure; and the remaining 4% for other indirect costs such as legal and office expenses.
Sergey Ponomarev said:
“The SONM platform can also be used for providing decentralized services in a heterogenous computing environment, which is expected to be a cornerstone of the future of computing. Given SONM’s reputation system and intelligent agents, we expect SONM to be the smartest, cheapest, and largest decentralized computing system with strong rules regarding morality and loyalty.”
Investors can participate in the SONM ICO using BTC, ETH and other major cryptocurrencies. The SNM token basic price is 1 ETH = 606 SNM. The amount of SNM tokens to issue for the other cryptocurrencies (except Ethereum) deposits will be calculated according to the current exchange rate of this cryptocurrency in Ethereum.
More information, the SONM whitepaper and business overview are available at http://www.sonm.io
- SportyFi – Decentralized Sports Investment Start-up Endorsed by Soccer Superstar Roberto Carlos - October 16, 2017
- Acronis Joins Runa Capital and Parallels In Accelerating Innovation and Supporting Blockchain Initiatives in Malta - October 16, 2017
- Jaxx Allows First Crowdsale Participation with STORM Token - October 16, 2017
- Hyperledger Knits New Project – Hyperledger Quilt - October 16, 2017
- Legolas Exchange Partners With BanQix to Protect Institutional Investors - October 16, 2017
- MARK.SPACE Announces Launch Of Blockchain-powered VR-platform With Upcoming Token Crowdsale - October 16, 2017
- IRTI Partners With Ateon And Settlemint To Develop Blockchain-based Products For Financial Inclusion - October 16, 2017
- Golden Alliance Coin Announces ICO – For Mining Gold - October 16, 2017
- Media Aggregator Esports Gold Announces $5 Million Ethereum Token Sale - October 16, 2017
- MinexCoin: Park the Volatility! - October 16, 2017
- Ambrosus Token Generation Event (TGE) Officially Cracks the Largest Blockchain Crowdfunded Projects in History - October 15, 2017
- Freedom Streaming Announces An ICO For The First Uncensored And Anonymous Live Streaming Platform - October 14, 2017
- MicroMoney starts a $30,000,000 token distribution campaign - October 14, 2017
- Announcing the First Members of the DataBrokerDAO Alliance - October 14, 2017
- STK Global Payments Announce Global Advisory Board – Token Sale - October 14, 2017
- Zilliqa Breaks 2,400 Transactions per Second with their ‘Sharding’ Blockchain - October 13, 2017
- Dappbase Launches High-Performance Infrastructure for Decentralized App Developers - October 13, 2017
- bitJob Raises $2 Million to Launch Decentralized Platform for Student Employment - October 13, 2017
- Particl Unveils Its Confidential Cryptocurrency Transactions - October 13, 2017
- Waves To Develop “liquid Democracy” Applications - October 13, 2017
- DECENT Updates Core – New User Issued Assets and More - October 13, 2017
- Dash for Dope – Digital Payments Platform Alt Thirty Six Selects Dash As Payment Method of Choice for New Retail Sectors - October 13, 2017
- Garvan Institute And E-nome Enter Strategic Alliance To Enhance Medical Research Data Management Through Blockchain Tech - October 13, 2017
- Moody’s: New Payment Technologies Pose Threat, But Incumbents Unlikely To Be Displaced - October 13, 2017
- ZAP Token Distribution Event to Begin October 21, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- AirFox Raises $15 Million in Successful ICO, Brings New Mobile Banking Solutions to Emerging Markets - October 12, 2017
- HydroMiner Token Sale Starts October 18th – Austrian Regulators Approve - October 12, 2017
- The SBM Group and SALT Technology Enter Exploratory Partnership to Collateralize Blockchain Assets - October 12, 2017
- ExHasta: Integrating and Empowering Innovators – Announces Token Sale - October 12, 2017
- Tech Veterans Set Up Global Public Offering Fund To Turn Top U.S. Startups Into Asia-Pacific Listed Unicorns - October 11, 2017
- ZenCash Partners With Welto to Allow Bill Payment in Cryptocurrency - October 11, 2017
- Cryptopay Plans to Tie Investments to Service Performance Metrics - October 11, 2017
- Boosteroid Wants to Squeeze Google and Amazon on the Cloud Computing Market - October 11, 2017
- Fiinu Launches Pre-sale Ahead Of ICO - October 11, 2017
- Famous Russia-based startup BioCoin closes first round of presale with $2.5 mln raised - October 11, 2017
- eSports Platform EloPlay to Hold a Token Sale - October 11, 2017
- CapLinked Partners With Storj Labs, Moves Enterprise Document Management to Blockchain Technology - October 11, 2017
- Ethfinex and Cofound.it Collaborate to Bring Trust to Blockchain Economy - October 11, 2017
- Exscudo launches Bug Bounty campaign - October 11, 2017
- Blockchain Capital and TaaS Join BLOCKv, a User Interface for Blockchain Tokens - October 11, 2017
- Lufthansa Group Partners Up With Winding Tree To Bring Blockchain Technology To The Travel Industry - October 10, 2017
- Peer Mountain Launches Distributed System of Trust to Give Data Control Back to Consumers - October 10, 2017
- Revolutionary Ico Aimed At Tackling Waste Surplus And Energy Shortfall Announced - October 10, 2017
- Streamr, the Decentralized Real-Time Data Economy, Joins the Trusted IoT Alliance - October 10, 2017
- Exscudo and Crypto.Tickets exclusive partnership opens a new market for cryptocurrency - October 10, 2017
- Guardian Circle Turns to Blockchain for Global Decentralized 9-1-1 Emergency Response - October 10, 2017
- NEM Foundation Partners with Metaps Plus, Expanding Korean Presence - October 10, 2017
- StormX Lowers Community Appreciation Sale Cap Due to Overwhelming Demand - October 10, 2017
- Token Report to Provide Membership Access to World’s Largest Database on ICOs - October 10, 2017
- BLOCKv Adds Visionary Futurist Peter Diamandis and Serial Entrepreneur and Investor Gil Penchina to its Advisory Board - October 10, 2017