Everex, a well established Blockchain company developing Ethereum applications, announced yesterday that it is expanding its operations towards global, Blockchain-enabled microcredit and fiat remittance services.
In a blog post announcing the new service, the company stated that it seeks to connect two billion un- and underbanked individuals to the global financial system, by allowing them to access affordable instant micro-credit and global fiat transaction services from mobile devices.
Everex mobile fiat transactions are based on the company’s already existing Cryptocash service and its mobile Ethereum wallet. Cryptocash is an Ethereum ERC20 token family, pegged to fiat currencies and tradable on the Everex Wallet, as well as on third-party applications and exchanges. With the new product launch, Cryptocash will be redeemable against its fiat counterpart at ATMs, currency exchangers, and mobile service providers worldwide, allowing users to instantaneously transfer fiat money anywhere at extremely low costs.
The Everex remittance system was already tested last year, allowing hundreds of migrant workers to transfer an aggregate amount of 850,000 THB from Myanmar back home to Thailand.
The new service will also allow users to request micro-loans in any currency from their mobile phones. The credit scores, necessary to assess interest rates, loan periods and risk, will be automatically generated on the spot, based on user behavior, social data, and spending patterns, which Everex collects through the company’s mobile wallet application.
“Generating credit scores on the basis of mobile data will allow us to serve the microfinancing needs of many un- and underbanked individuals which, due to the often deficient documentation and track records in the developing world, had until now no access to affordable credit, ”
Said Alexi Lane CEO and co-founder of Everex, adding:
“Affordable credit is a key element of entrepreneurship and economic empowerment, and we’re proud to be able to provide this service”
The seed capital to launch Everex’s micro-lending operation will be raised in an Initial Coin Offering (ICO) this summer. As declared by Everex, the company will use profits, not directly reinvested in growth, to buy its tokens (EVX) back from the market – insuring that the company’s success is shared with token holders. Further campaign details will be announced on Everex’s site in the coming weeks.
Founded in April 2016, Everex has developed a host of infrastructural services, widely used in the Ethereum industry. Everex’s Blockchain browser API is incorporated in well known third-party services such as MyEtherWallet, RSK, Coinbooks, CoinTracking, Chronobank, and Coinigy.
Additional Everex in-house products include The Everex Exchange Wallet, a multi-currency, multi-asset mobile trading wallet for Ethereum tokens; Chainy, providing irreplaceable Blockchain URLs aka “aeon links”, permanent proof of existence for documents, and a public text messaging service on the Ethereum Blockchain; Ethplorer, an Ethereum token monitor; and Cryptocash, an Ethereum token family, pegged to fiat currency and tradable on the Everex Wallet, as well as on third-party applications and exchanges.
- IBM Announces Major Blockchain Collaboration With Leading Retailers And Food Companies To Address Worldwide Food Safety - August 22, 2017
- SmartContract.com, Used by SWIFT, Announces Technical Leaders as Advisors, Launches ChainLink to Connect Smart Contracts to Off-chain Data & Payments - August 22, 2017
- Synechron Partners with R3 in One of the Largest Distributed Ledger Consortium Projects of the Year - August 22, 2017
- Hive Raises $8.95 Million to Build Blockchain-Based Invoice Finance Platform - August 22, 2017
- Ex Ethereum, Stripe & Apple Trio Raising $1 million – Skipping ICO – to Crowdfund Blockchain Wallet for Banks - August 21, 2017
- Cindicator Brings AI and Collective Intelligence to Drive 47% Investment Yield Per Annum - August 21, 2017
- Cryptopay Plans ICO Based on Users Request - August 21, 2017
- Kybernetwork To Close Their ICO Whitelist Early Due To Massive Early Registration - August 20, 2017
- VR Startup DECENTRALAND Closes Token Launch with $25 Million Raise in 10 Seconds - August 19, 2017
- Napoleonx Plans DAFs (Decentralized Autonomous Funds) To Bridge The Gap Between Crypto And Real Assets Active Investing, Unboxing The Crypto World - August 19, 2017
- Lampix Image Mining for Augmented Reality - August 19, 2017
- BlockMason Announces First SEC-Compliant Public American ICO - August 18, 2017
- Tightened EU Regulations Enabling Blockchain Technology in Pharmaceutical Supply Chain - August 18, 2017
- Mark Cuban Portfolio Company Unikrn Seeks to Sell $100 Million in UnikoinGold tokens - August 18, 2017
- Dash To Host Its First Ever Global Conference - August 17, 2017
- LAToken Tokenized Apple Shares to Sell Them for Cryptocurrencies - August 17, 2017
- Sensay, Groundbreaking AI and Chatbot Company Launches Token Sale - August 17, 2017
- ICOBox Token Presale Attracts $8.3 Million - August 17, 2017
- Indorse, the Decentralized Professional Social Network, Receives Additional Backing From Coinsilium After $5.5 million Pre-Sale - August 16, 2017
- Decentraland Partners With imToken, Connext, and Bitcoin Suisse - August 16, 2017
- Ethereum-based Car Towing Aggregator CarTaxi Plans ICO - August 16, 2017
- Ukraine Government to Allow Foreign Investors to Purchase Real Estate Online with Propy - August 16, 2017
- Cofound.it to Launch Weekly Crowdsales through September - August 15, 2017
- Blockstream Satellite: Broadcasting Bitcoin from Space - August 15, 2017
- Dr. Christian Seberino – Houston Texas Blockchain Course Kicks Off Friday August 18, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Skycoin – Skywire Miner: Hardware for the Next Internet - August 12, 2017
- NSD and Waves kickstart development of Crypto Assets platform - August 12, 2017
- ICONOMI Introduces Columbus Capital As Its First Asset Management Partner - August 12, 2017
- Siberians to Launch ICO for Decentralized Betting eSports Platform - August 12, 2017
- Decentralized News Network Releases Alpha Update - August 12, 2017
- Gibraltar’s Fintech Sector Moves Forward – Awards Xapo E-money license - August 11, 2017
- AMBROSUS Partners with TREK THERAPEUTICS to Develop a Blockchain-powered Method to Track Quality in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing - August 11, 2017
- Outlier Ventures Becomes First VC To Hire ‘Head of Crypto-Economics’ With Appointment of Eden Dhaliwal - August 11, 2017
- Rivetz Raises $5.5 Million in RvT Token Pre-Sale; Public Token Crowdsale Begins Today, Capped at 200,000 ETH - August 10, 2017
- Leading Japanese VCs, Nippon Technology Venture Partners, FISCO Capitals, and ABBALab Inc all to invest in COMSA ICO tokens and XEM - August 10, 2017
- Binded Launches One Click U.S. Copyright Registrations - August 10, 2017
- Illinois Opens Blockchain Development Partnership with Hashed Health - August 9, 2017
- Jaxx and Cofound.it Partner to Give Best New Cryptocurrencies Immediate Liquidity - August 9, 2017
- GoldMint Project Plans to Provide 100 per cent Gold-Backed Stable Assets - August 9, 2017
- Launching a Blockchain Solution to Make Aviation Safer – Aeron.aero - August 9, 2017
- Blackmoon Financial Group Launches Blockchain-Based Platform for Tokenized Investment Funds - August 9, 2017
- SONM Launches Updated Platform With Discovery Algorithm - August 9, 2017
- AirFox Announces ICO to Make Mobile Data More Accessible and Affordable - August 8, 2017
- Golden Fleece Project To Expand Massive Altcoin Mining Ecosystem With Token Sale - August 8, 2017
- Notorious Lobbyist Jack Abramoff to Coach Bitcoin Activists in New Washington, DC-based Reality Docu-series from Blockchain Entertainment and Ignition Creative - August 8, 2017
- ATMChain’s Project In China With 7,000 Intelligent Media Screens ‘Goes Blockchain’ Through DECENT - August 8, 2017
- NEM.io Foundation Partners with Blockchain Global to Expand International Reach - August 8, 2017
- CFTE working with MAS to help ASEAN finance professionals acquire the skills of Finance 2.0 - August 8, 2017
- Rivetz International Partners with LAToken to Boost Marketplace Security on Mobile Devices - August 8, 2017
- investFeed Finishes Successful Token Generation Event - August 8, 2017