WISeKey, a leading global cybersecurity company announced that they will embark on a partnership with the Blockchain interface company, RIDDLE&CODE, to develop innovative solutions for securing Internet of Things via Blockchain technology and crypto-hardware.
First step is the integration of WISeKey’s Global Root and Public Key Infrastructures into RIDDLE&CODE’s hardware and software stack. The hardware interface is based on combining efficient microcontrollers to so called crypto-accelerators. The software interface connects this combination to the web, mobile phones, reader systems and radio frequency systems like NFC, Bluetooth, ZigBee and low power wide area networks.
WISeKey has built one of the most innovative smart tags in the industry. Their Vault IC 15x series is delivering asymmetric key algorithms in energy harvesting mode. Crypto-chips can be operated without batteries, only by the induction field of a mobile phone with NFC capability. This makes it easy and convenient to embed them into any kind of physical object to protect their authenticity and provenance.
Extending the capability of the VaultIC with industrial bus systems like I2C, SPI, UART solves all critical issues of machine identity related to IoT, sensor and actuator networks, smart city, smart plans, etc.
RIDDLE&CODE builds on the inherent capability of the Vault IC product line and delivers all necessary hard- and software extensions to integrate Blockchain technology and protocols. By connecting the Vault IC smart tags directly to Blockchain and connecting them to the web and mobile phones, the very same security standards get transferred into physical objects.
Tom Fürstner, RIDDLE&CODE’s Founder and CTO, noted:
“We all agree on the urgent need to secure IoT. But despite their enormous potential in this respect, cryptography and Blockchain technologies have been poorly used by developers so far due to their massive complexity. A combined solution of WISeKey’s cybersecurity platform and RIDDLE&CODE’s hard- and software stack offers highly manageable solutions using these technologies. In the near future, millions of web and mobile phone developers will be able to deliver reliable and secure products and solutions for emerging markets such as IoT, physical internet, supply chains etc.”
Carlos Moreno, WISeKey’s VP Digital Brand Protection noted:
“The more we are surrounded by the IoT, the more important it becomes the need to trust all involved devices. WISeKey offers a unique Root of Trust model that serves as a common trust anchor in the communication among objects and between objects and people. Especially with our VaultIC product family, we offer a suite of solution to secure the IoT including the provisioning services out factory for machine identity and for authentication. The very same VaultIC chips are used by RIDDLE&CODE in unexpected innovative ways to combine the power of Blockchain technology with our current WISeAuthentic platform to facilitate further digital brand protection issues. Combining the virtues of the two solution providers guarantees the security and integrity in any kind of machine-to-machine and human-to-machine communication as a precondition for business-development in a digital society.”
WISeKey is a leading global cybersecurity company currently deploying large scale digital identity ecosystems with a patented process. WISeKey’s Swiss based cryptographic Root of Trust (“RoT”) provides secure authentication and identification, in both physical and virtual environments, for the Internet of Things, Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence. The WISeKey RoT serves as a common trust anchor to ensure the integrity of on-line transactions among objects and between objects and people. For more information, visit www.wisekey.com.
To receive WISeKey’s latest news, visit the WISeKey Investors Corner.
The Blockchain Interface Company RIDDLE&CODE assists institutions, companies and individuals to master the challenges of our digital society such as machine identity, product provenance, online fraud, identity theft and more peculiar problems like cyber insurance, cyber risk assessment, token investment systems, supply chains, etc. To tackle the complexity of cryptography related projects, RIDDLE&CODE developed its own hard- and software stacks. RIDDLE&CODE combines the security of smart cards with the potential of Bitcoin Technology and the Internet of Things (IoT). This is achieved by extending smart card chips in form and function. This way the sophisticated security measures known from the credit card industry get transferred into the Blockchain world and the physical internet. For more information, visit www.riddleandcode.com.
- SportyFi – Decentralized Sports Investment Start-up Endorsed by Soccer Superstar Roberto Carlos - October 16, 2017
- Acronis Joins Runa Capital and Parallels In Accelerating Innovation and Supporting Blockchain Initiatives in Malta - October 16, 2017
- Jaxx Allows First Crowdsale Participation with STORM Token - October 16, 2017
- Hyperledger Knits New Project – Hyperledger Quilt - October 16, 2017
- Legolas Exchange Partners With BanQix to Protect Institutional Investors - October 16, 2017
- MARK.SPACE Announces Launch Of Blockchain-powered VR-platform With Upcoming Token Crowdsale - October 16, 2017
- IRTI Partners With Ateon And Settlemint To Develop Blockchain-based Products For Financial Inclusion - October 16, 2017
- Golden Alliance Coin Announces ICO – For Mining Gold - October 16, 2017
- Media Aggregator Esports Gold Announces $5 Million Ethereum Token Sale - October 16, 2017
- MinexCoin: Park the Volatility! - October 16, 2017
- Ambrosus Token Generation Event (TGE) Officially Cracks the Largest Blockchain Crowdfunded Projects in History - October 15, 2017
- Freedom Streaming Announces An ICO For The First Uncensored And Anonymous Live Streaming Platform - October 14, 2017
- MicroMoney starts a $30,000,000 token distribution campaign - October 14, 2017
- Announcing the First Members of the DataBrokerDAO Alliance - October 14, 2017
- STK Global Payments Announce Global Advisory Board – Token Sale - October 14, 2017
- Zilliqa Breaks 2,400 Transactions per Second with their ‘Sharding’ Blockchain - October 13, 2017
- Dappbase Launches High-Performance Infrastructure for Decentralized App Developers - October 13, 2017
- bitJob Raises $2 Million to Launch Decentralized Platform for Student Employment - October 13, 2017
- Particl Unveils Its Confidential Cryptocurrency Transactions - October 13, 2017
- Waves To Develop “liquid Democracy” Applications - October 13, 2017
- DECENT Updates Core – New User Issued Assets and More - October 13, 2017
- Dash for Dope – Digital Payments Platform Alt Thirty Six Selects Dash As Payment Method of Choice for New Retail Sectors - October 13, 2017
- Garvan Institute And E-nome Enter Strategic Alliance To Enhance Medical Research Data Management Through Blockchain Tech - October 13, 2017
- Moody’s: New Payment Technologies Pose Threat, But Incumbents Unlikely To Be Displaced - October 13, 2017
- ZAP Token Distribution Event to Begin October 21, 2017 - October 12, 2017
- AirFox Raises $15 Million in Successful ICO, Brings New Mobile Banking Solutions to Emerging Markets - October 12, 2017
- HydroMiner Token Sale Starts October 18th – Austrian Regulators Approve - October 12, 2017
- The SBM Group and SALT Technology Enter Exploratory Partnership to Collateralize Blockchain Assets - October 12, 2017
- ExHasta: Integrating and Empowering Innovators – Announces Token Sale - October 12, 2017
- Tech Veterans Set Up Global Public Offering Fund To Turn Top U.S. Startups Into Asia-Pacific Listed Unicorns - October 11, 2017
- ZenCash Partners With Welto to Allow Bill Payment in Cryptocurrency - October 11, 2017
- Cryptopay Plans to Tie Investments to Service Performance Metrics - October 11, 2017
- Boosteroid Wants to Squeeze Google and Amazon on the Cloud Computing Market - October 11, 2017
- Fiinu Launches Pre-sale Ahead Of ICO - October 11, 2017
- Famous Russia-based startup BioCoin closes first round of presale with $2.5 mln raised - October 11, 2017
- eSports Platform EloPlay to Hold a Token Sale - October 11, 2017
- CapLinked Partners With Storj Labs, Moves Enterprise Document Management to Blockchain Technology - October 11, 2017
- Ethfinex and Cofound.it Collaborate to Bring Trust to Blockchain Economy - October 11, 2017
- Exscudo launches Bug Bounty campaign - October 11, 2017
- Blockchain Capital and TaaS Join BLOCKv, a User Interface for Blockchain Tokens - October 11, 2017
- Lufthansa Group Partners Up With Winding Tree To Bring Blockchain Technology To The Travel Industry - October 10, 2017
- Peer Mountain Launches Distributed System of Trust to Give Data Control Back to Consumers - October 10, 2017
- Revolutionary Ico Aimed At Tackling Waste Surplus And Energy Shortfall Announced - October 10, 2017
- Streamr, the Decentralized Real-Time Data Economy, Joins the Trusted IoT Alliance - October 10, 2017
- Exscudo and Crypto.Tickets exclusive partnership opens a new market for cryptocurrency - October 10, 2017
- Guardian Circle Turns to Blockchain for Global Decentralized 9-1-1 Emergency Response - October 10, 2017
- NEM Foundation Partners with Metaps Plus, Expanding Korean Presence - October 10, 2017
- StormX Lowers Community Appreciation Sale Cap Due to Overwhelming Demand - October 10, 2017
- Token Report to Provide Membership Access to World’s Largest Database on ICOs - October 10, 2017
- BLOCKv Adds Visionary Futurist Peter Diamandis and Serial Entrepreneur and Investor Gil Penchina to its Advisory Board - October 10, 2017