WISeKey, a leading global cybersecurity company announced that they will embark on a partnership with the Blockchain interface company, RIDDLE&CODE, to develop innovative solutions for securing Internet of Things via Blockchain technology and crypto-hardware.
First step is the integration of WISeKey’s Global Root and Public Key Infrastructures into RIDDLE&CODE’s hardware and software stack. The hardware interface is based on combining efficient microcontrollers to so called crypto-accelerators. The software interface connects this combination to the web, mobile phones, reader systems and radio frequency systems like NFC, Bluetooth, ZigBee and low power wide area networks.
WISeKey has built one of the most innovative smart tags in the industry. Their Vault IC 15x series is delivering asymmetric key algorithms in energy harvesting mode. Crypto-chips can be operated without batteries, only by the induction field of a mobile phone with NFC capability. This makes it easy and convenient to embed them into any kind of physical object to protect their authenticity and provenance.
Extending the capability of the VaultIC with industrial bus systems like I2C, SPI, UART solves all critical issues of machine identity related to IoT, sensor and actuator networks, smart city, smart plans, etc.
RIDDLE&CODE builds on the inherent capability of the Vault IC product line and delivers all necessary hard- and software extensions to integrate Blockchain technology and protocols. By connecting the Vault IC smart tags directly to Blockchain and connecting them to the web and mobile phones, the very same security standards get transferred into physical objects.
Tom Fürstner, RIDDLE&CODE’s Founder and CTO, noted:
“We all agree on the urgent need to secure IoT. But despite their enormous potential in this respect, cryptography and Blockchain technologies have been poorly used by developers so far due to their massive complexity. A combined solution of WISeKey’s cybersecurity platform and RIDDLE&CODE’s hard- and software stack offers highly manageable solutions using these technologies. In the near future, millions of web and mobile phone developers will be able to deliver reliable and secure products and solutions for emerging markets such as IoT, physical internet, supply chains etc.”
Carlos Moreno, WISeKey’s VP Digital Brand Protection noted:
“The more we are surrounded by the IoT, the more important it becomes the need to trust all involved devices. WISeKey offers a unique Root of Trust model that serves as a common trust anchor in the communication among objects and between objects and people. Especially with our VaultIC product family, we offer a suite of solution to secure the IoT including the provisioning services out factory for machine identity and for authentication. The very same VaultIC chips are used by RIDDLE&CODE in unexpected innovative ways to combine the power of Blockchain technology with our current WISeAuthentic platform to facilitate further digital brand protection issues. Combining the virtues of the two solution providers guarantees the security and integrity in any kind of machine-to-machine and human-to-machine communication as a precondition for business-development in a digital society.”
WISeKey is a leading global cybersecurity company currently deploying large scale digital identity ecosystems with a patented process. WISeKey’s Swiss based cryptographic Root of Trust (“RoT”) provides secure authentication and identification, in both physical and virtual environments, for the Internet of Things, Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence. The WISeKey RoT serves as a common trust anchor to ensure the integrity of on-line transactions among objects and between objects and people. For more information, visit www.wisekey.com.
To receive WISeKey’s latest news, visit the WISeKey Investors Corner.
The Blockchain Interface Company RIDDLE&CODE assists institutions, companies and individuals to master the challenges of our digital society such as machine identity, product provenance, online fraud, identity theft and more peculiar problems like cyber insurance, cyber risk assessment, token investment systems, supply chains, etc. To tackle the complexity of cryptography related projects, RIDDLE&CODE developed its own hard- and software stacks. RIDDLE&CODE combines the security of smart cards with the potential of Bitcoin Technology and the Internet of Things (IoT). This is achieved by extending smart card chips in form and function. This way the sophisticated security measures known from the credit card industry get transferred into the Blockchain world and the physical internet. For more information, visit www.riddleandcode.com.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017