Spectiv is a dedicated virtual reality streaming platform where users can upload and watch VR video content with any grade of headset. Spectiv’s main focus is to drive the simplest, most relatable VR content to the masses. As the team puts it, Spectiv aims to become the “universal gateway to VR adoption.”
The crowdsale will begin on August 14th and run through September 4th.
Dedicated VR Content
Due to high equipment costs and lacking content in circulation, many have been reluctant to adopt virtual reality technology. Prospective VR consumers see the Oculus Rift headset priced at $500, but often don’t know what content they could pair it with. This creates a dissonance in adoption, where the average person isn’t able to justify the cost to value of buying VR equipment.
However, with the introduction of affordable mobile-powered VR headsets, this may change. As prospective consumers see mobile-powered headsets priced at under $30, they are becoming much more open to the idea of VR. Still, the problem remains that these consumers don’t easily know what they would do with these headsets. Spectiv aims to change that.
By creating a dedicated platform for virtual reality experiences, VR users will have an immediate destination they can go to with their equipment. Additionally, these experiences will be easily approachable and understood for the novice user; all content on the Spectiv platform will be non- interactive VR video. In this way, the platform will act as a novice introduction to VR.
Signal Tokens (Sigs)
Signal Tokens, otherwise known as “Sigs” will serve as the fuel for this adoption. Sigs are an ERC20 token developed by Spectiv that will be used to generate unique signals to virtual reality content. Signal generators will earn Sig returns for successfully driving attention to VR, creating a powerful incentive to share quality VR media and ultimately accelerate VR adoption.
This protocol supports a network for the exchange of VR attention by rewarding individuals for sharing VR content. In doing this, Sigs will serve as an attention product which inherently incentivizes holders to generate signals to virtual reality. The more attention a user can drive through their signal, the more interest they can earn.
Additionally, as VR adoption grows, the pool of available attention that users can drive to VR content (and the returns they can earn per signal) will grow as well. This means the utility value of a Sig increases proportionately with VR adoption. This attributes an inherently growing market value to Sigs, assuming future growth of the VR industry.
One can directly compare Spectiv’s Signal Token to STEEM or BAT. These token applications could make it so that the blockchain plays a fundamental role in global attention economies moving forward. On some level, this has already been proven by Steemit’s success. Signal Tokens will serve as the next use case for what is possible in blockchain integrated attention networks, while also disrupting the virtual reality space in a major way.
Learn more about Spectiv and the Signal Tokens crowdsale on their website: spectivvr.com
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017
- Storiqa Makes Cryptocurrency Closer To The World – Usual E-shop With A Few Peculiarities For Unusual Currency - November 17, 2017
- American Express Cuts Deal with Ripplenet – Giving Visibility and Speed to Global Commercial Payments - November 16, 2017
- CapLinked Named One of 20 Most Promising Collaboration Technology Providers By CIO - November 16, 2017
- Global Blockchain Technologies Corp. Announces $20M Fund to Invest in Steem SMTs - November 16, 2017
- Augmate Announces First IoT Device Management Platform Using Distributed Ledgers - November 16, 2017
- BitDegree Teams up with Zcoin to Develop Cryptography Course - November 16, 2017
- With Backing from the Biggest Poker Names, CoinPoker Launches Pre-ICO - November 15, 2017
- Jeff Garzik – Metronome GitHub is now public - November 14, 2017
- Livestreaming Pioneer YouNow Doubles Down on Decentralization with Storj Labs Partnership - November 14, 2017
- OriginTrail – Winner of Walmart 2017 Food Safety Innovation Award Announces Presale - November 14, 2017
- Revain Announces Release Of The First Test Version Of The Platform - November 13, 2017
- PikcioChain Receives Huge Pre-ICO Boost by Winning a Place on BNP Paribas’ Fintech Accelerator - November 13, 2017
- Fluree PBC Launches FlureeDB — Scalable, Blockchain Cloud Database - November 13, 2017
- CoinTracking – The Personal Portfolio Monitoring Tool and Tax Tracker for Digital Currencies - November 13, 2017
- OTC Exchange Network Announces that DMALINK has Joined their Early Adopter Program OTC Exchange Network Announces that DMALINK has Joined their Early Adopter Program - November 13, 2017
- Leondrino Exchange, Issuer of Digital Branded Currencies, Announces Its Own Digital Currency XLEOLeondrino Exchange, Issuer of Digital Branded Currencies, Announces Its Own Digital Currency XLEO - November 13, 2017
- Blockchain Executive and Cryptocurrency Investor David Drake joins eSport and Gaming platform Play2Live Advisory Board - November 13, 2017
- UHUB.IO Seeks to Bring Their Decentralized E-commerce Platform to Life - November 13, 2017
- Eidoo Hits 100,000 Downloads As Cryptocurrency Customers Seek A Simpler Way To Store And Use Their Assets - November 13, 2017
- Ethereum Goes to Hollywood – Award-Winning Crypto Film Project Premieres in Hollywood - November 13, 2017
- Santa Claus Is Moving To Blockchain! Bye, Bye Chimney! - November 13, 2017
- Safinus Platform Wants to Unite Investors and Traders in One Place - November 13, 2017
- Exscudo Uses Multisignature Technology To Protect User Accounts - November 13, 2017
- Lykke To Support ERC20 Tokens In Latest Lykke Wallet Release - November 13, 2017
- Can Blockchain Revolutionise The Third Sector? Introducing The World’s First Recycling Intiative - November 13, 2017
- JBOX Announces Initial Coin Offering for Blockchain-Powered Decentralized Video Platform - November 13, 2017
- Perkins Coie Selected as a Founding Steward in Self-Sovereign Identity Network - November 13, 2017
- Waves Claims it Will Become the Fastest Blockchain Platform in the World - November 13, 2017
- Binary.com Announces ICO - November 13, 2017
- Finova Financial Announces The JOBS Crypto Offering (JCO): A Path To A Regulated Public Securities Offering for Non-Accredited Investors Using Cryptocurrency - November 13, 2017
- Dash Transactions Now 215 Times Cheaper Than Bitcoin After New Network Upgrade - November 13, 2017
- Tech Bureau’s mijin Opens Applications for Powerful New Enterprise Blockchain - November 13, 2017
- Human Discovery Platform Launches Token Sale to Build the Largest Storage of Human Behavior Powered by Blockchain - November 13, 2017
- CarFix Will Repair Your Vehicle For A Fraction Of The Price, With Help From The Ethereum Blockchain - November 13, 2017
- Neufund, Receives 10M Euro In Funding To Create ‘Equity Token’ - November 13, 2017
- Beenest Begins Decentralized Future For Short-term Housing Rentals - November 13, 2017
- CanYa Wants to Eliminate Crypto Volatility within Online Gig Economy Marketplace - November 13, 2017
- Allianz Pioneers Blockchain Prototype for the Captive Insurance Market - November 13, 2017
- Third Generation Cryptocurrency SkyCoin Aims to Shake up the Market - November 7, 2017
- DAO PlayMarket 2.0 – a New Era of Mobile Applications - November 7, 2017
- The International Scientific and Practical Association Jus Naturale – The first NGO with Blockchain-Based Membership - November 7, 2017