Spectiv is a dedicated virtual reality streaming platform where users can upload and watch VR video content with any grade of headset. Spectiv’s main focus is to drive the simplest, most relatable VR content to the masses. As the team puts it, Spectiv aims to become the “universal gateway to VR adoption.”
The crowdsale will begin on August 14th and run through September 4th.
Dedicated VR Content
Due to high equipment costs and lacking content in circulation, many have been reluctant to adopt virtual reality technology. Prospective VR consumers see the Oculus Rift headset priced at $500, but often don’t know what content they could pair it with. This creates a dissonance in adoption, where the average person isn’t able to justify the cost to value of buying VR equipment.
However, with the introduction of affordable mobile-powered VR headsets, this may change. As prospective consumers see mobile-powered headsets priced at under $30, they are becoming much more open to the idea of VR. Still, the problem remains that these consumers don’t easily know what they would do with these headsets. Spectiv aims to change that.
By creating a dedicated platform for virtual reality experiences, VR users will have an immediate destination they can go to with their equipment. Additionally, these experiences will be easily approachable and understood for the novice user; all content on the Spectiv platform will be non- interactive VR video. In this way, the platform will act as a novice introduction to VR.
Signal Tokens (Sigs)
Signal Tokens, otherwise known as “Sigs” will serve as the fuel for this adoption. Sigs are an ERC20 token developed by Spectiv that will be used to generate unique signals to virtual reality content. Signal generators will earn Sig returns for successfully driving attention to VR, creating a powerful incentive to share quality VR media and ultimately accelerate VR adoption.
This protocol supports a network for the exchange of VR attention by rewarding individuals for sharing VR content. In doing this, Sigs will serve as an attention product which inherently incentivizes holders to generate signals to virtual reality. The more attention a user can drive through their signal, the more interest they can earn.
Additionally, as VR adoption grows, the pool of available attention that users can drive to VR content (and the returns they can earn per signal) will grow as well. This means the utility value of a Sig increases proportionately with VR adoption. This attributes an inherently growing market value to Sigs, assuming future growth of the VR industry.
One can directly compare Spectiv’s Signal Token to STEEM or BAT. These token applications could make it so that the blockchain plays a fundamental role in global attention economies moving forward. On some level, this has already been proven by Steemit’s success. Signal Tokens will serve as the next use case for what is possible in blockchain integrated attention networks, while also disrupting the virtual reality space in a major way.
Learn more about Spectiv and the Signal Tokens crowdsale on their website: spectivvr.com
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017