Aragon, the decentralized management platform for companies, has today announced the latest addition to its Board of Advisors, Mihai Alisie. One of the original four founders of Ethereum, Alisie joins Aragon’s board one month after the platform successfully raised $25 million USD in its token sale.
Built on Ethereum, Aragon is the first management tool developed specifically to disintermediate the creation and maintenance of companies all around the world. Aragon will offer a new, more efficient model for companies to operate and a way to deploy company-like structures anywhere the Internet exists. Aragon implements basic features such as cap table management, governance, fundraising, payroll, and accounting, supporting all areas of company management through an easy-to-use interface.
Aragon Co-Founder and Project Lead said:
“Aragon is honored to announce that Mihai Alisie will be joining the team as an advisor. As one of the original four Ethereum founders, Mihai has been and will continue to be an invaluable contributor to Aragon with his vast experience and limitless knowledge of the ecosystem. We both deeply share our profound interest in the societal implications of decentralization, and you can see that in his work on AKASHA.”
Actively involved in blockchain technology since 2011, Mihai created Bitcoin Magazine in 2011 together with Vitalik Buterin, later joining him as one of the original four Ethereum Founders in late 2013. By early 2014 Mihai was trailblazing the Ethereum Swiss business and legal efforts in preparation for the Ethereum “pre-sale.”
The results of these efforts can be enjoyed today by blockchain entrepreneurs from all around the world as it led to the transformation of Zug into one of the world’s most friendly crypto jurisdictions. Following the successful Ethereum Swiss setup and “pre-sale”, Mihai served as Strategic Manager and Vice-President of the Ethereum Foundation until late 2015 when the Ethereum genesis block materialized.
“Mihai is extremely community driven, something he demonstrated when founding AKASHA. Community relations are an essential element to the success of Aragon and we will welcome Mihai’s unparalleled expertise in listening to our community,” added Cuende.
Alisie joins current Aragon advisors Kenny Rowe, Chief Operations Officer of the Dai Foundation, and Jake Brukhman, Co-Founder of CoinFund.
Mihai Alisie, Founder of AKASHA said:
“The Ethereum dream turned into reality almost two years ago. Today projects like Aragon are taking that original dream further by enabling people from all around the world to create and manage borderless organizations. I am excited to be a part of Aragon and to provide the best of my knowledge and experience towards empowering humans with new tools for organization at global scale! Let a thousand decentralized organizations bloom!”
“Adding dynamic advisors to our board is very important, as each advisor brings a unique perspective to the table. Kenny, given his experience in decentralized governance, recently provided invaluable advice on our Community Governance Model as part of our Aragon Governance Proposals, while Jake, with his extensive knowledge of crypto-economics, has been assisting on creating the financial incentives for the Aragon Network,” added Cuende.
In May 2017, Aragon raised $25 million USD during its token sale in under 30 minutes, originally set to run until June 14, 2017. Earlier this month, Aragon established an Estonian-based non-profit, Aragon Institution MTÜ, which will deploy revenue from the token sale. Aragon plans to use its funds to develop Aragon Core and the Aragon Network (AN). Aragon will implement security audits and strategically hire developers and operational staff over the course of 2017, with plans to conclude the year with a full-time team of ten.
Since February, the number of Aragon organizations deployed to the testnet has grown from 130 to over 5,700, an increase of 50% from the token sale alone. Such projects include Fillet, a food business management application and marketplace used by 3,800 operations globally, which recently announced that it will utilize the Aragon Network for its future token sale.
In addition, Aragon recently welcomed its first resident of the Aragon Network Jurisdiction, the district0x Network, a collective of decentralised marketplaces and communities (districts), powered by Ethereum, Aragon and IPFS. The creation of a district on the district0x Network will establish an accompanying Aragon entity, where all of the district’s governance and decision-making processes will be executed.
The Aragon platform is available for Linux, MacOS, Windows and web browsers. For more information visit https://aragon.one/.
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017
- Storiqa Makes Cryptocurrency Closer To The World – Usual E-shop With A Few Peculiarities For Unusual Currency - November 17, 2017
- American Express Cuts Deal with Ripplenet – Giving Visibility and Speed to Global Commercial Payments - November 16, 2017
- CapLinked Named One of 20 Most Promising Collaboration Technology Providers By CIO - November 16, 2017
- Global Blockchain Technologies Corp. Announces $20M Fund to Invest in Steem SMTs - November 16, 2017
- Augmate Announces First IoT Device Management Platform Using Distributed Ledgers - November 16, 2017
- BitDegree Teams up with Zcoin to Develop Cryptography Course - November 16, 2017
- With Backing from the Biggest Poker Names, CoinPoker Launches Pre-ICO - November 15, 2017
- Jeff Garzik – Metronome GitHub is now public - November 14, 2017
- Livestreaming Pioneer YouNow Doubles Down on Decentralization with Storj Labs Partnership - November 14, 2017
- OriginTrail – Winner of Walmart 2017 Food Safety Innovation Award Announces Presale - November 14, 2017
- Revain Announces Release Of The First Test Version Of The Platform - November 13, 2017
- PikcioChain Receives Huge Pre-ICO Boost by Winning a Place on BNP Paribas’ Fintech Accelerator - November 13, 2017
- Fluree PBC Launches FlureeDB — Scalable, Blockchain Cloud Database - November 13, 2017
- CoinTracking – The Personal Portfolio Monitoring Tool and Tax Tracker for Digital Currencies - November 13, 2017
- OTC Exchange Network Announces that DMALINK has Joined their Early Adopter Program OTC Exchange Network Announces that DMALINK has Joined their Early Adopter Program - November 13, 2017
- Leondrino Exchange, Issuer of Digital Branded Currencies, Announces Its Own Digital Currency XLEOLeondrino Exchange, Issuer of Digital Branded Currencies, Announces Its Own Digital Currency XLEO - November 13, 2017
- Blockchain Executive and Cryptocurrency Investor David Drake joins eSport and Gaming platform Play2Live Advisory Board - November 13, 2017
- UHUB.IO Seeks to Bring Their Decentralized E-commerce Platform to Life - November 13, 2017
- Eidoo Hits 100,000 Downloads As Cryptocurrency Customers Seek A Simpler Way To Store And Use Their Assets - November 13, 2017
- Ethereum Goes to Hollywood – Award-Winning Crypto Film Project Premieres in Hollywood - November 13, 2017
- Santa Claus Is Moving To Blockchain! Bye, Bye Chimney! - November 13, 2017
- Safinus Platform Wants to Unite Investors and Traders in One Place - November 13, 2017
- Exscudo Uses Multisignature Technology To Protect User Accounts - November 13, 2017
- Lykke To Support ERC20 Tokens In Latest Lykke Wallet Release - November 13, 2017
- Can Blockchain Revolutionise The Third Sector? Introducing The World’s First Recycling Intiative - November 13, 2017
- JBOX Announces Initial Coin Offering for Blockchain-Powered Decentralized Video Platform - November 13, 2017
- Perkins Coie Selected as a Founding Steward in Self-Sovereign Identity Network - November 13, 2017
- Waves Claims it Will Become the Fastest Blockchain Platform in the World - November 13, 2017
- Binary.com Announces ICO - November 13, 2017
- Finova Financial Announces The JOBS Crypto Offering (JCO): A Path To A Regulated Public Securities Offering for Non-Accredited Investors Using Cryptocurrency - November 13, 2017
- Dash Transactions Now 215 Times Cheaper Than Bitcoin After New Network Upgrade - November 13, 2017
- Tech Bureau’s mijin Opens Applications for Powerful New Enterprise Blockchain - November 13, 2017
- Human Discovery Platform Launches Token Sale to Build the Largest Storage of Human Behavior Powered by Blockchain - November 13, 2017
- CarFix Will Repair Your Vehicle For A Fraction Of The Price, With Help From The Ethereum Blockchain - November 13, 2017
- Neufund, Receives 10M Euro In Funding To Create ‘Equity Token’ - November 13, 2017
- Beenest Begins Decentralized Future For Short-term Housing Rentals - November 13, 2017
- CanYa Wants to Eliminate Crypto Volatility within Online Gig Economy Marketplace - November 13, 2017
- Allianz Pioneers Blockchain Prototype for the Captive Insurance Market - November 13, 2017
- Third Generation Cryptocurrency SkyCoin Aims to Shake up the Market - November 7, 2017
- DAO PlayMarket 2.0 – a New Era of Mobile Applications - November 7, 2017
- The International Scientific and Practical Association Jus Naturale – The first NGO with Blockchain-Based Membership - November 7, 2017