Aragon, the decentralized management platform for companies, has today announced the latest addition to its Board of Advisors, Mihai Alisie. One of the original four founders of Ethereum, Alisie joins Aragon’s board one month after the platform successfully raised $25 million USD in its token sale.
Built on Ethereum, Aragon is the first management tool developed specifically to disintermediate the creation and maintenance of companies all around the world. Aragon will offer a new, more efficient model for companies to operate and a way to deploy company-like structures anywhere the Internet exists. Aragon implements basic features such as cap table management, governance, fundraising, payroll, and accounting, supporting all areas of company management through an easy-to-use interface.
Aragon Co-Founder and Project Lead said:
“Aragon is honored to announce that Mihai Alisie will be joining the team as an advisor. As one of the original four Ethereum founders, Mihai has been and will continue to be an invaluable contributor to Aragon with his vast experience and limitless knowledge of the ecosystem. We both deeply share our profound interest in the societal implications of decentralization, and you can see that in his work on AKASHA.”
Actively involved in blockchain technology since 2011, Mihai created Bitcoin Magazine in 2011 together with Vitalik Buterin, later joining him as one of the original four Ethereum Founders in late 2013. By early 2014 Mihai was trailblazing the Ethereum Swiss business and legal efforts in preparation for the Ethereum “pre-sale.”
The results of these efforts can be enjoyed today by blockchain entrepreneurs from all around the world as it led to the transformation of Zug into one of the world’s most friendly crypto jurisdictions. Following the successful Ethereum Swiss setup and “pre-sale”, Mihai served as Strategic Manager and Vice-President of the Ethereum Foundation until late 2015 when the Ethereum genesis block materialized.
“Mihai is extremely community driven, something he demonstrated when founding AKASHA. Community relations are an essential element to the success of Aragon and we will welcome Mihai’s unparalleled expertise in listening to our community,” added Cuende.
Alisie joins current Aragon advisors Kenny Rowe, Chief Operations Officer of the Dai Foundation, and Jake Brukhman, Co-Founder of CoinFund.
Mihai Alisie, Founder of AKASHA said:
“The Ethereum dream turned into reality almost two years ago. Today projects like Aragon are taking that original dream further by enabling people from all around the world to create and manage borderless organizations. I am excited to be a part of Aragon and to provide the best of my knowledge and experience towards empowering humans with new tools for organization at global scale! Let a thousand decentralized organizations bloom!”
“Adding dynamic advisors to our board is very important, as each advisor brings a unique perspective to the table. Kenny, given his experience in decentralized governance, recently provided invaluable advice on our Community Governance Model as part of our Aragon Governance Proposals, while Jake, with his extensive knowledge of crypto-economics, has been assisting on creating the financial incentives for the Aragon Network,” added Cuende.
In May 2017, Aragon raised $25 million USD during its token sale in under 30 minutes, originally set to run until June 14, 2017. Earlier this month, Aragon established an Estonian-based non-profit, Aragon Institution MTÜ, which will deploy revenue from the token sale. Aragon plans to use its funds to develop Aragon Core and the Aragon Network (AN). Aragon will implement security audits and strategically hire developers and operational staff over the course of 2017, with plans to conclude the year with a full-time team of ten.
Since February, the number of Aragon organizations deployed to the testnet has grown from 130 to over 5,700, an increase of 50% from the token sale alone. Such projects include Fillet, a food business management application and marketplace used by 3,800 operations globally, which recently announced that it will utilize the Aragon Network for its future token sale.
In addition, Aragon recently welcomed its first resident of the Aragon Network Jurisdiction, the district0x Network, a collective of decentralised marketplaces and communities (districts), powered by Ethereum, Aragon and IPFS. The creation of a district on the district0x Network will establish an accompanying Aragon entity, where all of the district’s governance and decision-making processes will be executed.
The Aragon platform is available for Linux, MacOS, Windows and web browsers. For more information visit https://aragon.one/.
- AB-CHAIN’s Cryptocurrency Makes Advertising Easy - September 25, 2017
- Gibraltar Jumps on Regulatory Bandwagon – Issues Consumer Warning on ICOs – Token Sales – But Gives Green Light - September 24, 2017
- From the Creator of ICOs – J.R. Willett Designs Uptoken – To Accelerate Expansion Of Global Crypto ATM Network - September 23, 2017
- Art Provenance Platform ARTEX Launching Token Sale - September 23, 2017
- Students Train for Blockchain Jobs at Coding and Cryptocurrencies Summer Course in Greece - September 23, 2017
- Central Banks are Trialling Blockchain, Cambridge Study Shows - September 23, 2017
- Blockchain Conquering Esports Industry - September 22, 2017
- Russian-based Startup LavkaLavka Plan to Disrupt Global Eco Farming and Organic Food Retail Sector with BioCoin - September 22, 2017
- Slack Out, Rocket.chat In – Blockchain Community Leaders Aragon Lead Industry Exodus Amid Marked Increase In Phishing Scams - September 22, 2017
- Swiss Supply Chain Startup AMBROSUS Launches Token Generation Event - September 22, 2017
- Codemojo (Backed by PayPal Incubator) is launching its ICO to Mobilize $360 Bn worth of Reward Points Globally - September 22, 2017
- Investment into Blockchain start-ups set to hit $3bn in 2017 - September 22, 2017
- Opporty Announces ICO and Token Sale Starting October 18th 2017 - September 21, 2017
- Medicalchain To Speak At The Upcoming Financial Times Digital Health Summit On Oct. 12, 2017 - September 21, 2017
- Adel Will Upgrade Its Blockchain Incubator Using Jelurida’s Latest Technology - September 21, 2017
- Etch Foundation Announce Token Sale - September 21, 2017
- Jamie Foxx dives into cryptocurrency – invests in COBINHOOD - September 21, 2017
- New Creditinfo App and Services Utilize Blockchain-Based ShoCard Identity Platform to Maximize User Privacy while Authenticating Credit Report Data - September 21, 2017
- Disruptive Truck-Sharing Company Doft Sells Doftcoins to Truckers, 3PLs and Freight Shippers with 50% discount during Pre-ICO - September 21, 2017
- Carnegie Mellon University and BitClave partner to improve the search experience - September 21, 2017
- Darfchain Successfully Implements Its Distributed Erp System Encompassing Odoo, Bigchaindb And Ethereum Technology - September 21, 2017
- ASX-Listed iCandy Interactive Limited Announces Backing For Independent Blockchain Based Crypto-Currency “Project Nitro” To Support And Democratize Game Development - September 21, 2017
- Ethereum Co-founder Anthony Di Iorio Joins BlockMason as Advisor - September 20, 2017
- Nuggets Announces Token Sale for Revolutionary Blockchain Platform for Secure Private Payments and ID Verification - September 20, 2017
- Preeminent Investor & CNBC Contributor BRIAN KELLY Joins Veridium Labs Board of Advisors - September 20, 2017
- Dragonchain, Originally Developed at Disney, Announces October 2nd Token Sale To Bring The Power Of Blockchain Technology To Business - September 20, 2017
- Social Payments App Moneymailme Announces Development Of A New Blockchain Platform Called Modex Marketplace - September 20, 2017
- Blockchain-Fuelled Public Opinion Poll Startup ClearPoll Announce Presale - September 20, 2017
- SmartOne Launches Legal Solution for Crypto Community – Announce LEGAL Tokens - September 19, 2017
- HydroMiner Announces ICO and First Token Sale Starting September 25th 2017 - September 19, 2017
- LEVERJ AnnouncesFully Functional, Non-Custodial Cryptocurrency Derivatives Trading Platform - September 19, 2017
- DataBroker DAO, a Decentralised Marketplace for IoT Sensor Data, Token Sale Is Live - September 19, 2017
- Poseidon Brings Value To Nature Through Carbon Blockchain Technology - September 19, 2017
- Options and Futures on the Blockchain Board of Derivatives. PRE-SALE begins on 22th September at 8AM GMT. - September 18, 2017
- Blockchain-based Digital Advertising Ecosystem Papyrus to Launch Token Generation Event on 12 October - September 18, 2017
- Propy Raises $15 Million in ICO to Decentralize Real Estate Sales and Attract Foreign Investors - September 18, 2017
- The Financial Commission Issues Certification of the Genesis Vision ICO - September 18, 2017
- Blockchain Industry and Regulatory Leaders Launch Token Alliance - September 18, 2017
- PayPie Challenges Experian, Equifax and TransUnion Status Quo with the World’s First Ethereum Blockchain-Based Credit Risk Assessment - September 18, 2017
- YouNow Announces the PROPS Ecosystem, Brings Cryptocurrency to Mobile Video - September 18, 2017
- Dash Grows in Accessibility; Listed on London Digital Asset Exchange and Broker Dash partners with CEX.IO - September 18, 2017
- Qtum Ignition Tackles Scalability with First Decentralized Governance Protocol - September 18, 2017
- The Grant Hero Foundation Aims to Disrupt the Non-Profit Industry with the GIVE Coin Using Ethereum Blockchain Technology - September 18, 2017
- Trippki Announces Hotel Booking and Rewards Platform to Simplify & Monetize Traveling - September 18, 2017
- Democratic Cryptocurrency Exchange Mandarin.top launches ICO - September 18, 2017
- Talla Launches Botchain, a Blockchain-Based Platform for Ensuring Certainty and Security in A.I. Autonomous Agents for Business - September 18, 2017
- NXT Blockchain Announces Big Changes for Voting, Money Transfer and More - September 17, 2017
- Swirlds Raises $3M Seed Round to Bring Improved Performance, Security to Distributed Ledger Applications - September 17, 2017
- ICOBox Token Sale Tops 3933 BTC For New and Existing ICOs - September 17, 2017
- 21 Thousand People Contribute To Kybernetwork As Company Reports ‘Smooth’ ICO - September 16, 2017