Aragon, the decentralized management platform for companies, has today announced the latest addition to its Board of Advisors, Mihai Alisie. One of the original four founders of Ethereum, Alisie joins Aragon’s board one month after the platform successfully raised $25 million USD in its token sale.
Built on Ethereum, Aragon is the first management tool developed specifically to disintermediate the creation and maintenance of companies all around the world. Aragon will offer a new, more efficient model for companies to operate and a way to deploy company-like structures anywhere the Internet exists. Aragon implements basic features such as cap table management, governance, fundraising, payroll, and accounting, supporting all areas of company management through an easy-to-use interface.
Aragon Co-Founder and Project Lead said:
“Aragon is honored to announce that Mihai Alisie will be joining the team as an advisor. As one of the original four Ethereum founders, Mihai has been and will continue to be an invaluable contributor to Aragon with his vast experience and limitless knowledge of the ecosystem. We both deeply share our profound interest in the societal implications of decentralization, and you can see that in his work on AKASHA.”
Actively involved in blockchain technology since 2011, Mihai created Bitcoin Magazine in 2011 together with Vitalik Buterin, later joining him as one of the original four Ethereum Founders in late 2013. By early 2014 Mihai was trailblazing the Ethereum Swiss business and legal efforts in preparation for the Ethereum “pre-sale.”
The results of these efforts can be enjoyed today by blockchain entrepreneurs from all around the world as it led to the transformation of Zug into one of the world’s most friendly crypto jurisdictions. Following the successful Ethereum Swiss setup and “pre-sale”, Mihai served as Strategic Manager and Vice-President of the Ethereum Foundation until late 2015 when the Ethereum genesis block materialized.
“Mihai is extremely community driven, something he demonstrated when founding AKASHA. Community relations are an essential element to the success of Aragon and we will welcome Mihai’s unparalleled expertise in listening to our community,” added Cuende.
Alisie joins current Aragon advisors Kenny Rowe, Chief Operations Officer of the Dai Foundation, and Jake Brukhman, Co-Founder of CoinFund.
Mihai Alisie, Founder of AKASHA said:
“The Ethereum dream turned into reality almost two years ago. Today projects like Aragon are taking that original dream further by enabling people from all around the world to create and manage borderless organizations. I am excited to be a part of Aragon and to provide the best of my knowledge and experience towards empowering humans with new tools for organization at global scale! Let a thousand decentralized organizations bloom!”
“Adding dynamic advisors to our board is very important, as each advisor brings a unique perspective to the table. Kenny, given his experience in decentralized governance, recently provided invaluable advice on our Community Governance Model as part of our Aragon Governance Proposals, while Jake, with his extensive knowledge of crypto-economics, has been assisting on creating the financial incentives for the Aragon Network,” added Cuende.
In May 2017, Aragon raised $25 million USD during its token sale in under 30 minutes, originally set to run until June 14, 2017. Earlier this month, Aragon established an Estonian-based non-profit, Aragon Institution MTÜ, which will deploy revenue from the token sale. Aragon plans to use its funds to develop Aragon Core and the Aragon Network (AN). Aragon will implement security audits and strategically hire developers and operational staff over the course of 2017, with plans to conclude the year with a full-time team of ten.
Since February, the number of Aragon organizations deployed to the testnet has grown from 130 to over 5,700, an increase of 50% from the token sale alone. Such projects include Fillet, a food business management application and marketplace used by 3,800 operations globally, which recently announced that it will utilize the Aragon Network for its future token sale.
In addition, Aragon recently welcomed its first resident of the Aragon Network Jurisdiction, the district0x Network, a collective of decentralised marketplaces and communities (districts), powered by Ethereum, Aragon and IPFS. The creation of a district on the district0x Network will establish an accompanying Aragon entity, where all of the district’s governance and decision-making processes will be executed.
The Aragon platform is available for Linux, MacOS, Windows and web browsers. For more information visit https://aragon.one/.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017