Aragon, the decentralized management platform for companies, has today announced the latest addition to its Board of Advisors, Mihai Alisie. One of the original four founders of Ethereum, Alisie joins Aragon’s board one month after the platform successfully raised $25 million USD in its token sale.
Built on Ethereum, Aragon is the first management tool developed specifically to disintermediate the creation and maintenance of companies all around the world. Aragon will offer a new, more efficient model for companies to operate and a way to deploy company-like structures anywhere the Internet exists. Aragon implements basic features such as cap table management, governance, fundraising, payroll, and accounting, supporting all areas of company management through an easy-to-use interface.
Aragon Co-Founder and Project Lead said:
“Aragon is honored to announce that Mihai Alisie will be joining the team as an advisor. As one of the original four Ethereum founders, Mihai has been and will continue to be an invaluable contributor to Aragon with his vast experience and limitless knowledge of the ecosystem. We both deeply share our profound interest in the societal implications of decentralization, and you can see that in his work on AKASHA.”
Actively involved in blockchain technology since 2011, Mihai created Bitcoin Magazine in 2011 together with Vitalik Buterin, later joining him as one of the original four Ethereum Founders in late 2013. By early 2014 Mihai was trailblazing the Ethereum Swiss business and legal efforts in preparation for the Ethereum “pre-sale.”
The results of these efforts can be enjoyed today by blockchain entrepreneurs from all around the world as it led to the transformation of Zug into one of the world’s most friendly crypto jurisdictions. Following the successful Ethereum Swiss setup and “pre-sale”, Mihai served as Strategic Manager and Vice-President of the Ethereum Foundation until late 2015 when the Ethereum genesis block materialized.
“Mihai is extremely community driven, something he demonstrated when founding AKASHA. Community relations are an essential element to the success of Aragon and we will welcome Mihai’s unparalleled expertise in listening to our community,” added Cuende.
Alisie joins current Aragon advisors Kenny Rowe, Chief Operations Officer of the Dai Foundation, and Jake Brukhman, Co-Founder of CoinFund.
Mihai Alisie, Founder of AKASHA said:
“The Ethereum dream turned into reality almost two years ago. Today projects like Aragon are taking that original dream further by enabling people from all around the world to create and manage borderless organizations. I am excited to be a part of Aragon and to provide the best of my knowledge and experience towards empowering humans with new tools for organization at global scale! Let a thousand decentralized organizations bloom!”
“Adding dynamic advisors to our board is very important, as each advisor brings a unique perspective to the table. Kenny, given his experience in decentralized governance, recently provided invaluable advice on our Community Governance Model as part of our Aragon Governance Proposals, while Jake, with his extensive knowledge of crypto-economics, has been assisting on creating the financial incentives for the Aragon Network,” added Cuende.
In May 2017, Aragon raised $25 million USD during its token sale in under 30 minutes, originally set to run until June 14, 2017. Earlier this month, Aragon established an Estonian-based non-profit, Aragon Institution MTÜ, which will deploy revenue from the token sale. Aragon plans to use its funds to develop Aragon Core and the Aragon Network (AN). Aragon will implement security audits and strategically hire developers and operational staff over the course of 2017, with plans to conclude the year with a full-time team of ten.
Since February, the number of Aragon organizations deployed to the testnet has grown from 130 to over 5,700, an increase of 50% from the token sale alone. Such projects include Fillet, a food business management application and marketplace used by 3,800 operations globally, which recently announced that it will utilize the Aragon Network for its future token sale.
In addition, Aragon recently welcomed its first resident of the Aragon Network Jurisdiction, the district0x Network, a collective of decentralised marketplaces and communities (districts), powered by Ethereum, Aragon and IPFS. The creation of a district on the district0x Network will establish an accompanying Aragon entity, where all of the district’s governance and decision-making processes will be executed.
The Aragon platform is available for Linux, MacOS, Windows and web browsers. For more information visit https://aragon.one/.
- Skycoin To Launch Coin Distribution Event July 24, 2017 - July 21, 2017
- CoinAgenda Europe 2017 Blockchain Winners Announced - July 20, 2017
- BurstIQ Announces Token Crowdsale for its Health Data Ecosystem and Marketplace - July 20, 2017
- Gaming cryptocurrency meets online betting: Loot.bet pledges support to SkinCoin - July 20, 2017
- Kybernetwork Introduces A Decentralized Platform For The Instant Trading Of Any Crypto-asset - July 19, 2017
- Announcement of Proof of Existence 2.0 – PO.ET Token Sale August 8, 2017 - July 19, 2017
- Equities.com and KrowdMentor Announce Exclusive Strategic Partnership at CoinAgenda - July 19, 2017
- NASSCOM in association with BlockSmiths & Quatrro forms India’s First Blockchain SIG - July 18, 2017
- DENT Partners with Aquto to Bring Decentralized Global Mobile Data Exchange to 500 Million People - July 18, 2017
- Moeda Cooperative Banking-as-a-Service Relaunches Digital Token - July 18, 2017
- Aicoin Launches Today – Next Generation Of Investment Innovation In Initial Coin Offerings - July 18, 2017
- Pillar Tokens worth $12 Million Sold in First Hour of Sale - July 17, 2017
- CausePlay’s Thirtythree.8 Division Is Launching The Virtual Cash Back Token (VCB) and Its Ethereum-Based Blockchain Coupon and Rebate Platform - July 16, 2017
- Kazakhstan Becomes The Second Government To Embrace The Cryptocurrency Market System - July 16, 2017
- EnvisionX to Bring Blockchain to Programmatic Advertising - July 16, 2017
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Unveils New Technical Steering Committee and Seven New Working Groups - July 16, 2017
- Hungry Panda Games Launches ICO – Ethereum Powered Game And Esports Ecosystem - July 16, 2017
- CakeCodes Announces Highly-Anticipated Hybrid-Model Token Generation Event Via Bittrex - July 16, 2017
- Santiment Announces SAN Tokens Now Trading on Bitfinex - July 15, 2017
- Exchange Union Coin To Bridge Digital Currency Exchanges For Enhanced Trading - July 15, 2017
- Harbour DAO Updates Their ICO Model and Voting System to More Closely Align with a Commitment to Community-driven Governance - July 15, 2017
- ACChain Digital Coin Begins Trading on Japan’s NERAEX Exchange - July 14, 2017
- Token Sales For Entrepreneurs: A Workshop On Token Economic Design And Legal Compliance - July 13, 2017
- New York Trading Platform investFeed Replaces Equities for Cryptocurrency - July 13, 2017
- Falcon First Swiss Private Bank To Enter Blockchain Asset Management Market With Bitcoin - July 12, 2017
- Blockchain technology breaking barriers for effective foreign aid - July 12, 2017
- Blockchain Genomics company raises over $1M with Gene-Chain Coin Token Sales - July 12, 2017
- ANZ, Westpac, Scentre and IBM Complete Successful Blockchain Trial for Bank Guarantees - July 12, 2017
- Blockchain Based Ticketing Company Aventus Systems Announces Advisory Board - July 12, 2017
- DENT Wireless is the First Blockchain Platform to Power New Mobile Data Exchange Marketplace - July 12, 2017
- Blockchain Music Sharing Platform Aurovine Launches in India - July 12, 2017
- Hyperledger Announces Production-Ready Hyperledger Fabric 1.0 - July 12, 2017
- Ethereum Co-founder Mihai Alisie Joins Aragon Advisory Board - July 12, 2017
- Musiconomi Announces Crowdsale For Music Industry - July 12, 2017
- Mothership Launches Progressive Blockchain Financial Services with the Estonian e-Residency Program - July 12, 2017
- Sphre Raises Over $5 Million in XID Token Sale to Bring Identity Management to the Blockchain - July 11, 2017
- Token Sale: Revolutionary Virtual Reality Streaming Platform Supported by the Blockchain - July 11, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Liquidity Asset Token (LATO) announces PRE-ICO to Tokenize Assets - July 11, 2017
- $64,818 single spin payout by playing Hansel & Gretel at BitStarz Casino - July 8, 2017
- Startup Monetha Wants to Challenge PayPal’s and Trustpilot’s Status Quo with the Ethereum Blockchain - July 6, 2017
- Blockchain Startup Bitclave Launches Advertising Application, Active Search Ecosystem and Cybersecurity Platform - July 6, 2017
- Qtum Claims World’s First Proof-of-Stake Smart Contracts Platform - July 5, 2017
- Deloitte CIS and Waves Say They Plan to Shape the Future of Blockchain - July 4, 2017
- NEVERDIE Teleportation ICO to Monetize Infrastructure and Drive Trillion Dollar Virtual Goods Economy as The First Double Coin ICO - July 4, 2017
- Blockchain Startup ETHLend Wants to Revolutionise The Finance Lending Market - July 2, 2017
- Blockchain Startup EOS Token Distribution Generates Over US$185 Million in First Five Days - July 2, 2017
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Proposes Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs) to Crush Rise of Cryptocurrencies - July 2, 2017
- DECENT Launches Blockchain-Based Content Distribution Platform to Take On Entertainment Giants - June 30, 2017
- Synereo Releases Content Monetization Platform WildSpark - June 30, 2017
- First-ever Blockchain Real Estate Project — 3,000 BTC Cap Crowdfunded in 24 Hours on Waves Platform - June 30, 2017