Musiconomi, announced a public crowdsale for its token Musiconomi (MCI), commencing July 28, 2017 at 11 am EDT and concluding August 28, 2017 with a minimum threshold of $6 million USD and a maximum cap of $18 million USD. A new Blockchain-based music ecosystem is releasing a new approach in music economy that works for all participants (artists, users, industry experts). The MCI token will grant users the access to different features and tools within the platform. Musiconomi is the second startup to pass through Cofound.it’s crowdsale incubation program and will leverage its Priority Pass mechanism as a part of the sale.
Musiconomi Chief Organizer Elio-David Di Iorio said:
“Musiconomi is a Blockchain-based platform, which in addition to being a world-class streaming service, encourages musicians, fans and industry experts to share, collaborate, and participate by offering immediate payment.”
“The legacy music industry is hampered by the number of intermediaries taking significant portions of revenue and leaving artists with just a small fraction as well as little visibility into the process and no way of verifying that they were justly compensated. Given the global scale and annual revenue of the music market, many artists can be discouraged by how little reward they personally receive. Musiconomi, which makes all transactions visible via the Blockchain, offers unprecedented transparency to the industry and removes intermediaries, rewarding artists and experts more fairly for their work,” he added.
“Unlike traditional music streaming services like Spotify, Google Music, and Pandora, Musiconomi is built to include non-musicians to participate directly in the music economy. Musiconomi’s initial focus will also be on independent musicians and micro-labels, which are currently not well-served by the traditional music industry. By empowering anyone, located anywhere in the world to participate, Musiconomi will disrupt the growing $15.7 billion music industry.” Di Iorio said.
In addition to enabling musicians to release their work, create simplified licenses, and get paid directly and immediately for each play, Musiconomi also incentivizes users to share tracks socially by rewarding them with Musicoin currency. Each artist is in complete control of determining the reward for their albums and tracks, letting them choose between higher revenue or more promotion at the granularity of an individual track.
Entrepreneurial music enthusiasts, such as marketers and audio technicians, are also able to use the platform to provide and be compensated for their expertise. MCI token holders will gain access to the Musiconomi platform’s plethora of features including playlists, radio streaming, virtual merchandise and ticket storefronts.
Musiconomi is an expansion of the platform built by the Musicoin Project which has already successfully launched a cryptocurrency and beta Musicoin platform with more than 4,200 users. Musiconomi will run on the established Musicoin Blockchain and use smart contracts to automate the collection and disbursement of payments to musicians each time a song is played.
Musiconomi’s Board of Advisors includes leaders in Blockchain technology space and the music industry such as Addison Cameron-Huff, a Blockchain Law Advisor specializing in technology law for Internet-based software companies in bitcoin and Blockchain; Cybersecurity, AML and Compliance Specialist Erin Taylor, who specializes in Human Resource Management; Business Development and Legal Advisor Jeff Dennis, who brings experience in counselling fast-growth companies on strategy and finance; Copyright and Licensing Specialist Eden Dhaliwal, a leading entrepreneur and Blockchain strategist; Business Partnership Development Lead Anthony Di Iorio, a thought leader in the decentralized technology industry who serves as CEO and Founder of Jaxx and Decentral, and was a Co-Founder of Ethereum; Music industry expert Mike Turner, also a founding member of rock band Our Lady Peace (OLP), who have sold more than 5 million records worldwide; and International Music Consultant Tristan Keyte, an expert in music production management and entertainment.
Musiconomi Chief Organizer Elio-David Di Iorio said:
“Our experience of building the Musicoin platform gave us a strong sense of how empowering and transformative Blockchain technology can be. We have seen a tremendous appetite for the solution that Musiconomi represents, and we have also seen that the potentials are truly infinite. Bringing the financial resources to our strong team of founders, advisors and partners, and with the support of a talented, diverse and passionate community of artists and music enthusiasts, we are confident we can deliver on facilitating a new music economy that works for everyone.”
A total of 100,000,000 MCI tokens can be distributed in the crowdsale, and funds raised will be used to drive the development, expansion, and adoption of the platform. 70% will be going to development, 21% to marketing and PR, and 9% to administrative, legal, and overhead over the first 24 months.
Supporters can participate in the Musiconomi crowdsale with Ethereum (ETH).
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017
- Storiqa Makes Cryptocurrency Closer To The World – Usual E-shop With A Few Peculiarities For Unusual Currency - November 17, 2017
- American Express Cuts Deal with Ripplenet – Giving Visibility and Speed to Global Commercial Payments - November 16, 2017
- CapLinked Named One of 20 Most Promising Collaboration Technology Providers By CIO - November 16, 2017
- Global Blockchain Technologies Corp. Announces $20M Fund to Invest in Steem SMTs - November 16, 2017
- Augmate Announces First IoT Device Management Platform Using Distributed Ledgers - November 16, 2017
- BitDegree Teams up with Zcoin to Develop Cryptography Course - November 16, 2017
- With Backing from the Biggest Poker Names, CoinPoker Launches Pre-ICO - November 15, 2017
- Jeff Garzik – Metronome GitHub is now public - November 14, 2017
- Livestreaming Pioneer YouNow Doubles Down on Decentralization with Storj Labs Partnership - November 14, 2017
- OriginTrail – Winner of Walmart 2017 Food Safety Innovation Award Announces Presale - November 14, 2017
- Revain Announces Release Of The First Test Version Of The Platform - November 13, 2017
- PikcioChain Receives Huge Pre-ICO Boost by Winning a Place on BNP Paribas’ Fintech Accelerator - November 13, 2017
- Fluree PBC Launches FlureeDB — Scalable, Blockchain Cloud Database - November 13, 2017
- CoinTracking – The Personal Portfolio Monitoring Tool and Tax Tracker for Digital Currencies - November 13, 2017
- OTC Exchange Network Announces that DMALINK has Joined their Early Adopter Program OTC Exchange Network Announces that DMALINK has Joined their Early Adopter Program - November 13, 2017
- Leondrino Exchange, Issuer of Digital Branded Currencies, Announces Its Own Digital Currency XLEOLeondrino Exchange, Issuer of Digital Branded Currencies, Announces Its Own Digital Currency XLEO - November 13, 2017
- Blockchain Executive and Cryptocurrency Investor David Drake joins eSport and Gaming platform Play2Live Advisory Board - November 13, 2017
- UHUB.IO Seeks to Bring Their Decentralized E-commerce Platform to Life - November 13, 2017
- Eidoo Hits 100,000 Downloads As Cryptocurrency Customers Seek A Simpler Way To Store And Use Their Assets - November 13, 2017
- Ethereum Goes to Hollywood – Award-Winning Crypto Film Project Premieres in Hollywood - November 13, 2017
- Santa Claus Is Moving To Blockchain! Bye, Bye Chimney! - November 13, 2017
- Safinus Platform Wants to Unite Investors and Traders in One Place - November 13, 2017
- Exscudo Uses Multisignature Technology To Protect User Accounts - November 13, 2017
- Lykke To Support ERC20 Tokens In Latest Lykke Wallet Release - November 13, 2017
- Can Blockchain Revolutionise The Third Sector? Introducing The World’s First Recycling Intiative - November 13, 2017
- JBOX Announces Initial Coin Offering for Blockchain-Powered Decentralized Video Platform - November 13, 2017
- Perkins Coie Selected as a Founding Steward in Self-Sovereign Identity Network - November 13, 2017
- Waves Claims it Will Become the Fastest Blockchain Platform in the World - November 13, 2017
- Binary.com Announces ICO - November 13, 2017
- Finova Financial Announces The JOBS Crypto Offering (JCO): A Path To A Regulated Public Securities Offering for Non-Accredited Investors Using Cryptocurrency - November 13, 2017
- Dash Transactions Now 215 Times Cheaper Than Bitcoin After New Network Upgrade - November 13, 2017
- Tech Bureau’s mijin Opens Applications for Powerful New Enterprise Blockchain - November 13, 2017
- Human Discovery Platform Launches Token Sale to Build the Largest Storage of Human Behavior Powered by Blockchain - November 13, 2017
- CarFix Will Repair Your Vehicle For A Fraction Of The Price, With Help From The Ethereum Blockchain - November 13, 2017
- Neufund, Receives 10M Euro In Funding To Create ‘Equity Token’ - November 13, 2017
- Beenest Begins Decentralized Future For Short-term Housing Rentals - November 13, 2017
- CanYa Wants to Eliminate Crypto Volatility within Online Gig Economy Marketplace - November 13, 2017
- Allianz Pioneers Blockchain Prototype for the Captive Insurance Market - November 13, 2017
- Third Generation Cryptocurrency SkyCoin Aims to Shake up the Market - November 7, 2017
- DAO PlayMarket 2.0 – a New Era of Mobile Applications - November 7, 2017
- The International Scientific and Practical Association Jus Naturale – The first NGO with Blockchain-Based Membership - November 7, 2017