Musiconomi, announced a public crowdsale for its token Musiconomi (MCI), commencing July 28, 2017 at 11 am EDT and concluding August 28, 2017 with a minimum threshold of $6 million USD and a maximum cap of $18 million USD. A new Blockchain-based music ecosystem is releasing a new approach in music economy that works for all participants (artists, users, industry experts). The MCI token will grant users the access to different features and tools within the platform. Musiconomi is the second startup to pass through Cofound.it’s crowdsale incubation program and will leverage its Priority Pass mechanism as a part of the sale.
Musiconomi Chief Organizer Elio-David Di Iorio said:
“Musiconomi is a Blockchain-based platform, which in addition to being a world-class streaming service, encourages musicians, fans and industry experts to share, collaborate, and participate by offering immediate payment.”
“The legacy music industry is hampered by the number of intermediaries taking significant portions of revenue and leaving artists with just a small fraction as well as little visibility into the process and no way of verifying that they were justly compensated. Given the global scale and annual revenue of the music market, many artists can be discouraged by how little reward they personally receive. Musiconomi, which makes all transactions visible via the Blockchain, offers unprecedented transparency to the industry and removes intermediaries, rewarding artists and experts more fairly for their work,” he added.
“Unlike traditional music streaming services like Spotify, Google Music, and Pandora, Musiconomi is built to include non-musicians to participate directly in the music economy. Musiconomi’s initial focus will also be on independent musicians and micro-labels, which are currently not well-served by the traditional music industry. By empowering anyone, located anywhere in the world to participate, Musiconomi will disrupt the growing $15.7 billion music industry.” Di Iorio said.
In addition to enabling musicians to release their work, create simplified licenses, and get paid directly and immediately for each play, Musiconomi also incentivizes users to share tracks socially by rewarding them with Musicoin currency. Each artist is in complete control of determining the reward for their albums and tracks, letting them choose between higher revenue or more promotion at the granularity of an individual track.
Entrepreneurial music enthusiasts, such as marketers and audio technicians, are also able to use the platform to provide and be compensated for their expertise. MCI token holders will gain access to the Musiconomi platform’s plethora of features including playlists, radio streaming, virtual merchandise and ticket storefronts.
Musiconomi is an expansion of the platform built by the Musicoin Project which has already successfully launched a cryptocurrency and beta Musicoin platform with more than 4,200 users. Musiconomi will run on the established Musicoin Blockchain and use smart contracts to automate the collection and disbursement of payments to musicians each time a song is played.
Musiconomi’s Board of Advisors includes leaders in Blockchain technology space and the music industry such as Addison Cameron-Huff, a Blockchain Law Advisor specializing in technology law for Internet-based software companies in bitcoin and Blockchain; Cybersecurity, AML and Compliance Specialist Erin Taylor, who specializes in Human Resource Management; Business Development and Legal Advisor Jeff Dennis, who brings experience in counselling fast-growth companies on strategy and finance; Copyright and Licensing Specialist Eden Dhaliwal, a leading entrepreneur and Blockchain strategist; Business Partnership Development Lead Anthony Di Iorio, a thought leader in the decentralized technology industry who serves as CEO and Founder of Jaxx and Decentral, and was a Co-Founder of Ethereum; Music industry expert Mike Turner, also a founding member of rock band Our Lady Peace (OLP), who have sold more than 5 million records worldwide; and International Music Consultant Tristan Keyte, an expert in music production management and entertainment.
Musiconomi Chief Organizer Elio-David Di Iorio said:
“Our experience of building the Musicoin platform gave us a strong sense of how empowering and transformative Blockchain technology can be. We have seen a tremendous appetite for the solution that Musiconomi represents, and we have also seen that the potentials are truly infinite. Bringing the financial resources to our strong team of founders, advisors and partners, and with the support of a talented, diverse and passionate community of artists and music enthusiasts, we are confident we can deliver on facilitating a new music economy that works for everyone.”
A total of 100,000,000 MCI tokens can be distributed in the crowdsale, and funds raised will be used to drive the development, expansion, and adoption of the platform. 70% will be going to development, 21% to marketing and PR, and 9% to administrative, legal, and overhead over the first 24 months.
Supporters can participate in the Musiconomi crowdsale with Ethereum (ETH).
- AB-CHAIN’s Cryptocurrency Makes Advertising Easy - September 25, 2017
- Gibraltar Jumps on Regulatory Bandwagon – Issues Consumer Warning on ICOs – Token Sales – But Gives Green Light - September 24, 2017
- From the Creator of ICOs – J.R. Willett Designs Uptoken – To Accelerate Expansion Of Global Crypto ATM Network - September 23, 2017
- Art Provenance Platform ARTEX Launching Token Sale - September 23, 2017
- Students Train for Blockchain Jobs at Coding and Cryptocurrencies Summer Course in Greece - September 23, 2017
- Central Banks are Trialling Blockchain, Cambridge Study Shows - September 23, 2017
- Blockchain Conquering Esports Industry - September 22, 2017
- Russian-based Startup LavkaLavka Plan to Disrupt Global Eco Farming and Organic Food Retail Sector with BioCoin - September 22, 2017
- Slack Out, Rocket.chat In – Blockchain Community Leaders Aragon Lead Industry Exodus Amid Marked Increase In Phishing Scams - September 22, 2017
- Swiss Supply Chain Startup AMBROSUS Launches Token Generation Event - September 22, 2017
- Codemojo (Backed by PayPal Incubator) is launching its ICO to Mobilize $360 Bn worth of Reward Points Globally - September 22, 2017
- Investment into Blockchain start-ups set to hit $3bn in 2017 - September 22, 2017
- Opporty Announces ICO and Token Sale Starting October 18th 2017 - September 21, 2017
- Medicalchain To Speak At The Upcoming Financial Times Digital Health Summit On Oct. 12, 2017 - September 21, 2017
- Adel Will Upgrade Its Blockchain Incubator Using Jelurida’s Latest Technology - September 21, 2017
- Etch Foundation Announce Token Sale - September 21, 2017
- Jamie Foxx dives into cryptocurrency – invests in COBINHOOD - September 21, 2017
- New Creditinfo App and Services Utilize Blockchain-Based ShoCard Identity Platform to Maximize User Privacy while Authenticating Credit Report Data - September 21, 2017
- Disruptive Truck-Sharing Company Doft Sells Doftcoins to Truckers, 3PLs and Freight Shippers with 50% discount during Pre-ICO - September 21, 2017
- Carnegie Mellon University and BitClave partner to improve the search experience - September 21, 2017
- Darfchain Successfully Implements Its Distributed Erp System Encompassing Odoo, Bigchaindb And Ethereum Technology - September 21, 2017
- ASX-Listed iCandy Interactive Limited Announces Backing For Independent Blockchain Based Crypto-Currency “Project Nitro” To Support And Democratize Game Development - September 21, 2017
- Ethereum Co-founder Anthony Di Iorio Joins BlockMason as Advisor - September 20, 2017
- Nuggets Announces Token Sale for Revolutionary Blockchain Platform for Secure Private Payments and ID Verification - September 20, 2017
- Preeminent Investor & CNBC Contributor BRIAN KELLY Joins Veridium Labs Board of Advisors - September 20, 2017
- Dragonchain, Originally Developed at Disney, Announces October 2nd Token Sale To Bring The Power Of Blockchain Technology To Business - September 20, 2017
- Social Payments App Moneymailme Announces Development Of A New Blockchain Platform Called Modex Marketplace - September 20, 2017
- Blockchain-Fuelled Public Opinion Poll Startup ClearPoll Announce Presale - September 20, 2017
- SmartOne Launches Legal Solution for Crypto Community – Announce LEGAL Tokens - September 19, 2017
- HydroMiner Announces ICO and First Token Sale Starting September 25th 2017 - September 19, 2017
- LEVERJ AnnouncesFully Functional, Non-Custodial Cryptocurrency Derivatives Trading Platform - September 19, 2017
- DataBroker DAO, a Decentralised Marketplace for IoT Sensor Data, Token Sale Is Live - September 19, 2017
- Poseidon Brings Value To Nature Through Carbon Blockchain Technology - September 19, 2017
- Options and Futures on the Blockchain Board of Derivatives. PRE-SALE begins on 22th September at 8AM GMT. - September 18, 2017
- Blockchain-based Digital Advertising Ecosystem Papyrus to Launch Token Generation Event on 12 October - September 18, 2017
- Propy Raises $15 Million in ICO to Decentralize Real Estate Sales and Attract Foreign Investors - September 18, 2017
- The Financial Commission Issues Certification of the Genesis Vision ICO - September 18, 2017
- Blockchain Industry and Regulatory Leaders Launch Token Alliance - September 18, 2017
- PayPie Challenges Experian, Equifax and TransUnion Status Quo with the World’s First Ethereum Blockchain-Based Credit Risk Assessment - September 18, 2017
- YouNow Announces the PROPS Ecosystem, Brings Cryptocurrency to Mobile Video - September 18, 2017
- Dash Grows in Accessibility; Listed on London Digital Asset Exchange and Broker Dash partners with CEX.IO - September 18, 2017
- Qtum Ignition Tackles Scalability with First Decentralized Governance Protocol - September 18, 2017
- The Grant Hero Foundation Aims to Disrupt the Non-Profit Industry with the GIVE Coin Using Ethereum Blockchain Technology - September 18, 2017
- Trippki Announces Hotel Booking and Rewards Platform to Simplify & Monetize Traveling - September 18, 2017
- Democratic Cryptocurrency Exchange Mandarin.top launches ICO - September 18, 2017
- Talla Launches Botchain, a Blockchain-Based Platform for Ensuring Certainty and Security in A.I. Autonomous Agents for Business - September 18, 2017
- NXT Blockchain Announces Big Changes for Voting, Money Transfer and More - September 17, 2017
- Swirlds Raises $3M Seed Round to Bring Improved Performance, Security to Distributed Ledger Applications - September 17, 2017
- ICOBox Token Sale Tops 3933 BTC For New and Existing ICOs - September 17, 2017
- 21 Thousand People Contribute To Kybernetwork As Company Reports ‘Smooth’ ICO - September 16, 2017