CakeCodes, a Blockchain adtech company with 930,000+ users being rewarded in cryptocurrency for trying new products, games, and apps, has today announced a Token Generation Event (TGE) for its ERC-20 utility token STORM.
STORM is intended to be the token for CakeCode’s decentralized global micro-job marketplace called StorMarket. The TGE, which will commence on August 15, 2017 and conclude on September 14, 2017, has a $5 million USD minimum threshold and a $50 million USD maximum cap.
The STORM utility tokens will be sold through a revolutionary hybrid crowdsale mechanism, in which $40 million will be available to participate through an Ethereum smart contract and $10 million worth of tokens can be obtained through one of the world’s largest digital asset exchanges, Bittrex. In a related announcement, Blockchain and mobile industry leaders including Bittrex Founder and CEO Bill Shihara and Unbank Ventures Founder Brett Noyes have joined CakeCodes Board of Advisors to advance the project.
CakeCodes CEO Simon Yu said:
“Following the tremendous and continued international success of CakeCodes’ first project BitMaker, we are excited to combine our expertise in mobile, digital advertising, and Blockchain to create StorMarket: a frictionless, decentralized, inclusive, and global ecosystem for micro-task listings. As the utility token for StorMarket, STORM will revolutionize the peer-to-peer job market by providing democratic access to resources and contracts via a user-friendly mobile application.
“StorMarket lets users rate and review each other based on ease of collaboration, quality of work produced, and the overall experience at the time of contract completion. This means companies can gain insight into the skill levels of potential contractors and the highest-performing individuals are duly rewarded,” Yu added.
The StorMarket platform will enable anyone to request services, such as website development or video editing, and select available, appropriately-skilled workers to complete tasks. Workers that successfully bid and complete designated contracts will earn STORM utility tokens, which are automatically distributed by the platform via an Ethereum smart contract.
Simon Yu said: “By eliminating layers of intermediaries, StorMarket will help to reduce operational inefficiencies, unnecessary administrative tasks, and costs of job listings for companies, while promoting equal opportunities for anyone to bid for jobs from anywhere in the world. This kind of democratization has never been seen before and will open up the market to international collaboration with experts in unprecedented ways.”
In addition, StorMarket users can be rewarded STORM utility tokens by testing apps and discovering bugs in companies’ products and services. This provides a viable opportunity for companies to perform quality assurance testing of millions of different devices around the world for a fraction of the cost and time needed for internal testing. STORM will also be integrated into CakeCodes’ BitMaker app.
The crowdsale represents the first effort by a technology company to deploy a hybrid crowdsale mechanism that will make the TGE more easily and widely accessible. Of the $50 million cap, $40 million in tokens will be purchased through an Ethereum smart contract, while the remaining $10 million in STORM tokens will be available through the Bittrex exchange. This revolutionary system will provide a greater number of potential users with the opportunity to participate in StorMarket.
Bittrex Co-Founder and CEO Bill Shihara said:
“We are proud to partner with CakeCodes on their crowdsale. They have a successful business model which is enhanced through their STORM token. Their method of token distribution makes significant strides toward leveling the playing field for participating in token crowdsales.”
CakeCodes’ Board of Advisors includes some of the Blockchain and mobile industries’ most respected figures including Co-Founder and CEO of Bittrex Bill Shihara, Unbank Ventures Founder Brett Noyes, Transbiotech CEO Ivan Braiker, Symmetry Consulting Inc. President and Principal Jon Nolz, and CEO of Kooapps Chun-Kai Wang.
Bill Shihara co-founded Bittrex in 2014, one of the world’s most important digital currency exchange supporting over 191 active different cryptocurrencies. Shihara has 15 years’ experience in leading cybersecurity and security architecture roles at Amazon, Microsoft, and Blackberry.
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017
- Storiqa Makes Cryptocurrency Closer To The World – Usual E-shop With A Few Peculiarities For Unusual Currency - November 17, 2017
- American Express Cuts Deal with Ripplenet – Giving Visibility and Speed to Global Commercial Payments - November 16, 2017
- CapLinked Named One of 20 Most Promising Collaboration Technology Providers By CIO - November 16, 2017
- Global Blockchain Technologies Corp. Announces $20M Fund to Invest in Steem SMTs - November 16, 2017
- Augmate Announces First IoT Device Management Platform Using Distributed Ledgers - November 16, 2017
- BitDegree Teams up with Zcoin to Develop Cryptography Course - November 16, 2017
- With Backing from the Biggest Poker Names, CoinPoker Launches Pre-ICO - November 15, 2017
- Jeff Garzik – Metronome GitHub is now public - November 14, 2017
- Livestreaming Pioneer YouNow Doubles Down on Decentralization with Storj Labs Partnership - November 14, 2017
- OriginTrail – Winner of Walmart 2017 Food Safety Innovation Award Announces Presale - November 14, 2017
- Revain Announces Release Of The First Test Version Of The Platform - November 13, 2017
- PikcioChain Receives Huge Pre-ICO Boost by Winning a Place on BNP Paribas’ Fintech Accelerator - November 13, 2017
- Fluree PBC Launches FlureeDB — Scalable, Blockchain Cloud Database - November 13, 2017
- CoinTracking – The Personal Portfolio Monitoring Tool and Tax Tracker for Digital Currencies - November 13, 2017
- OTC Exchange Network Announces that DMALINK has Joined their Early Adopter Program OTC Exchange Network Announces that DMALINK has Joined their Early Adopter Program - November 13, 2017
- Leondrino Exchange, Issuer of Digital Branded Currencies, Announces Its Own Digital Currency XLEOLeondrino Exchange, Issuer of Digital Branded Currencies, Announces Its Own Digital Currency XLEO - November 13, 2017
- Blockchain Executive and Cryptocurrency Investor David Drake joins eSport and Gaming platform Play2Live Advisory Board - November 13, 2017
- UHUB.IO Seeks to Bring Their Decentralized E-commerce Platform to Life - November 13, 2017
- Eidoo Hits 100,000 Downloads As Cryptocurrency Customers Seek A Simpler Way To Store And Use Their Assets - November 13, 2017
- Ethereum Goes to Hollywood – Award-Winning Crypto Film Project Premieres in Hollywood - November 13, 2017
- Santa Claus Is Moving To Blockchain! Bye, Bye Chimney! - November 13, 2017
- Safinus Platform Wants to Unite Investors and Traders in One Place - November 13, 2017
- Exscudo Uses Multisignature Technology To Protect User Accounts - November 13, 2017
- Lykke To Support ERC20 Tokens In Latest Lykke Wallet Release - November 13, 2017
- Can Blockchain Revolutionise The Third Sector? Introducing The World’s First Recycling Intiative - November 13, 2017
- JBOX Announces Initial Coin Offering for Blockchain-Powered Decentralized Video Platform - November 13, 2017
- Perkins Coie Selected as a Founding Steward in Self-Sovereign Identity Network - November 13, 2017
- Waves Claims it Will Become the Fastest Blockchain Platform in the World - November 13, 2017
- Binary.com Announces ICO - November 13, 2017
- Finova Financial Announces The JOBS Crypto Offering (JCO): A Path To A Regulated Public Securities Offering for Non-Accredited Investors Using Cryptocurrency - November 13, 2017
- Dash Transactions Now 215 Times Cheaper Than Bitcoin After New Network Upgrade - November 13, 2017
- Tech Bureau’s mijin Opens Applications for Powerful New Enterprise Blockchain - November 13, 2017
- Human Discovery Platform Launches Token Sale to Build the Largest Storage of Human Behavior Powered by Blockchain - November 13, 2017
- CarFix Will Repair Your Vehicle For A Fraction Of The Price, With Help From The Ethereum Blockchain - November 13, 2017
- Neufund, Receives 10M Euro In Funding To Create ‘Equity Token’ - November 13, 2017
- Beenest Begins Decentralized Future For Short-term Housing Rentals - November 13, 2017
- CanYa Wants to Eliminate Crypto Volatility within Online Gig Economy Marketplace - November 13, 2017
- Allianz Pioneers Blockchain Prototype for the Captive Insurance Market - November 13, 2017
- Third Generation Cryptocurrency SkyCoin Aims to Shake up the Market - November 7, 2017
- DAO PlayMarket 2.0 – a New Era of Mobile Applications - November 7, 2017
- The International Scientific and Practical Association Jus Naturale – The first NGO with Blockchain-Based Membership - November 7, 2017