The Swiss-based Pillar Project, organised by Twenty Thirty AG, reports that it sold Pillar Tokens worth $12 million in its first hour of sale on Saturday July 15. The sale is live at www.pillarproject.io and the sale closes at 8:00 PM UK time Monday July 17 2017 or when tokens worth $50 million have been sold.
Speaking on a live YouTube video stream from the Pillar Project Mission Control, the initiative’s founder, David Siegel said:
“The surge of website visitors at the start of the sale at 8:00 AM BST was such that the www.pillarproject.io site was down for 20 minutes. The up-side is that the 8,000 people on our mailing list had the advantage of being the first group able to buy Pillar Tokens.”
“We had over 6,000 participants in the first hour and the feedback is exceptionally positive, with people glad to be part of a movement that will change the world for the better. The average transaction value was $2,000. We welcome the individuals who truly believe in our project as they are most likely to hold on to their tokens and play an active role in the Pillar community.
“What’s made our campaign stand out is the strong interest from the wold’s most respected Crypto-vloggers including Jake Brukhman from Coin Fund, Avi Mizrahi from Finance Magnates and Joe (JSnip4) from Realistic News. This is truly a social media-led campaign that has struck a chord with people who want to regain control of their personal data.
“I’m asking our Pillar evangelists to share the news about the Pillar Token sale with their friends, family and community, to assist in getting the message out.”
The Personal Data Locker
The new Pillar wallet will hold people’s assets and become their personal digital assistant – a personal dashboard – powering all their devices. The Pillar wallet is run by Pillar tokens that can be used to fund payments around the web.
The serial entrepreneur and author David Siegel said:
“I’ve been trying to get the personal data locker funded for 20 years, so I’m witnessing the slowest overnight success in the personal identity community.
“We now have the chance to invent the world from scratch now, at a time when citizens are suffering from app fatigue and cybercrime is at an all-time high, with no antidotes to infection on the horizon.
“We are getting rid of accounts, so you will just have your personal data locker on your phone and all of your assets will be on the Blockchain. You will never need to log in with your credit card. Instead you will just send the tokens that are ‘good to go’ for any services you need.
“We will also replace apps with services, managing personal data with a smooth interface.
“Crucially, the Pillar token (symbol: PLR) is the meta-token that’s your unit of account. Furthermore, we want to be a hub and are happy to integrate with other identity schemes. For example, an organisation such as the UN could create their own Pillar wallet and use their own ID system and ‘bake it in’.
“Businesses currently put a lot of money into apps and services. If you have a broker, you are paying for numerous different interfaces and screens. Instead, this can all be turned into APIs and the Pillar Wallet will handle the consumer experience.”
The people behind Twenty Thirty AG’s vision is to secure the funding and in September 2017 set up a Blockchain Innovation Hub in London, which will house a community of open source programmers focussing on the consumer interface experience.
The Pillar project will start as an open-source digital wallet to hold all assets – health records, financial records, money, ownership of things, resumé, and much more. All the ownership will be on various Blockchains, with an individual’s password, replacing numerous accounts. Then, the personal assistant will help find what people are looking for and interact with many digital services automatically. As people travel, buy things, eat, consume media, use services – the personal data locker will pay its way ‘as you go’, without having to log into hundreds of apps.
The Pillar system will use its own native utility token, called the pillar (symbol: PLR). The pillar is a meta-token.
David Siegel added:
“The current token sale craze means that tokens are going to be everywhere, used for everything from identity to energy to coffee to golf.
“The Pillar wallet manages all those tokens for you ‘automagically,’ so you only see and deal with pillars, even though there could be hundreds of tokens underneath. By launching a meta-token, we’re telling consumers they will have a single interface into their digital lives.
“We’re starting with a wallet, but we’re aiming for iOS and Android. Look at your phone – all your apps are miniature desktop apps that trap your data and keep your credit-card number on their servers. The apps don’t talk to each other, so when you want to do something, you end up using several apps.
“The Pillar system has no apps. It uses tokens, smart contracts, and a growing ecosystem of online services that let you pull the information you want, find what you’re looking for, buy what you need, manage the ownership, and interact with hundreds of other systems easily. We will be the ‘easy button’ and it will be on the handset in 10 years.
“Because the personal data is decentralised and stored in secure Blockchains, it is of little interest to hackers, providing high-level security. We want to provide solutions to people that are magically easy to use. Our job is to communicate, to understand the customer and get over many of the user experience and brand hurdles. We will build the core system and it will be open source and we will partnership with many others. We will not be ‘tech-first’, we will be ‘people first’.
The Pillar Token Sale hopes to raise $50 million to build an open-source personal-data ecosystem. After a successful Token Sale, the team will set up the UK’s first Blockchain-only innovation centre in London.
- AB-CHAIN’s Cryptocurrency Makes Advertising Easy - September 25, 2017
- Gibraltar Jumps on Regulatory Bandwagon – Issues Consumer Warning on ICOs – Token Sales – But Gives Green Light - September 24, 2017
- From the Creator of ICOs – J.R. Willett Designs Uptoken – To Accelerate Expansion Of Global Crypto ATM Network - September 23, 2017
- Art Provenance Platform ARTEX Launching Token Sale - September 23, 2017
- Students Train for Blockchain Jobs at Coding and Cryptocurrencies Summer Course in Greece - September 23, 2017
- Central Banks are Trialling Blockchain, Cambridge Study Shows - September 23, 2017
- Blockchain Conquering Esports Industry - September 22, 2017
- Russian-based Startup LavkaLavka Plan to Disrupt Global Eco Farming and Organic Food Retail Sector with BioCoin - September 22, 2017
- Slack Out, Rocket.chat In – Blockchain Community Leaders Aragon Lead Industry Exodus Amid Marked Increase In Phishing Scams - September 22, 2017
- Swiss Supply Chain Startup AMBROSUS Launches Token Generation Event - September 22, 2017
- Codemojo (Backed by PayPal Incubator) is launching its ICO to Mobilize $360 Bn worth of Reward Points Globally - September 22, 2017
- Investment into Blockchain start-ups set to hit $3bn in 2017 - September 22, 2017
- Opporty Announces ICO and Token Sale Starting October 18th 2017 - September 21, 2017
- Medicalchain To Speak At The Upcoming Financial Times Digital Health Summit On Oct. 12, 2017 - September 21, 2017
- Adel Will Upgrade Its Blockchain Incubator Using Jelurida’s Latest Technology - September 21, 2017
- Etch Foundation Announce Token Sale - September 21, 2017
- Jamie Foxx dives into cryptocurrency – invests in COBINHOOD - September 21, 2017
- New Creditinfo App and Services Utilize Blockchain-Based ShoCard Identity Platform to Maximize User Privacy while Authenticating Credit Report Data - September 21, 2017
- Disruptive Truck-Sharing Company Doft Sells Doftcoins to Truckers, 3PLs and Freight Shippers with 50% discount during Pre-ICO - September 21, 2017
- Carnegie Mellon University and BitClave partner to improve the search experience - September 21, 2017
- Darfchain Successfully Implements Its Distributed Erp System Encompassing Odoo, Bigchaindb And Ethereum Technology - September 21, 2017
- ASX-Listed iCandy Interactive Limited Announces Backing For Independent Blockchain Based Crypto-Currency “Project Nitro” To Support And Democratize Game Development - September 21, 2017
- Ethereum Co-founder Anthony Di Iorio Joins BlockMason as Advisor - September 20, 2017
- Nuggets Announces Token Sale for Revolutionary Blockchain Platform for Secure Private Payments and ID Verification - September 20, 2017
- Preeminent Investor & CNBC Contributor BRIAN KELLY Joins Veridium Labs Board of Advisors - September 20, 2017
- Dragonchain, Originally Developed at Disney, Announces October 2nd Token Sale To Bring The Power Of Blockchain Technology To Business - September 20, 2017
- Social Payments App Moneymailme Announces Development Of A New Blockchain Platform Called Modex Marketplace - September 20, 2017
- Blockchain-Fuelled Public Opinion Poll Startup ClearPoll Announce Presale - September 20, 2017
- SmartOne Launches Legal Solution for Crypto Community – Announce LEGAL Tokens - September 19, 2017
- HydroMiner Announces ICO and First Token Sale Starting September 25th 2017 - September 19, 2017
- LEVERJ AnnouncesFully Functional, Non-Custodial Cryptocurrency Derivatives Trading Platform - September 19, 2017
- DataBroker DAO, a Decentralised Marketplace for IoT Sensor Data, Token Sale Is Live - September 19, 2017
- Poseidon Brings Value To Nature Through Carbon Blockchain Technology - September 19, 2017
- Options and Futures on the Blockchain Board of Derivatives. PRE-SALE begins on 22th September at 8AM GMT. - September 18, 2017
- Blockchain-based Digital Advertising Ecosystem Papyrus to Launch Token Generation Event on 12 October - September 18, 2017
- Propy Raises $15 Million in ICO to Decentralize Real Estate Sales and Attract Foreign Investors - September 18, 2017
- The Financial Commission Issues Certification of the Genesis Vision ICO - September 18, 2017
- Blockchain Industry and Regulatory Leaders Launch Token Alliance - September 18, 2017
- PayPie Challenges Experian, Equifax and TransUnion Status Quo with the World’s First Ethereum Blockchain-Based Credit Risk Assessment - September 18, 2017
- YouNow Announces the PROPS Ecosystem, Brings Cryptocurrency to Mobile Video - September 18, 2017
- Dash Grows in Accessibility; Listed on London Digital Asset Exchange and Broker Dash partners with CEX.IO - September 18, 2017
- Qtum Ignition Tackles Scalability with First Decentralized Governance Protocol - September 18, 2017
- The Grant Hero Foundation Aims to Disrupt the Non-Profit Industry with the GIVE Coin Using Ethereum Blockchain Technology - September 18, 2017
- Trippki Announces Hotel Booking and Rewards Platform to Simplify & Monetize Traveling - September 18, 2017
- Democratic Cryptocurrency Exchange Mandarin.top launches ICO - September 18, 2017
- Talla Launches Botchain, a Blockchain-Based Platform for Ensuring Certainty and Security in A.I. Autonomous Agents for Business - September 18, 2017
- NXT Blockchain Announces Big Changes for Voting, Money Transfer and More - September 17, 2017
- Swirlds Raises $3M Seed Round to Bring Improved Performance, Security to Distributed Ledger Applications - September 17, 2017
- ICOBox Token Sale Tops 3933 BTC For New and Existing ICOs - September 17, 2017
- 21 Thousand People Contribute To Kybernetwork As Company Reports ‘Smooth’ ICO - September 16, 2017