Over 200 attendees representing companies from throughout Europe and North America gathered at the World Trade Centre in Barcelona to attend CoinAgenda Europe – the only global conference aimed at both retail and institutional investors in the digital currency market, to discuss the future of blockchain technologies and digital currencies across the sector.
The conference series showcased the most innovative companies through its Startup and ICO Contest. At the Barcelona event held on July 16-18, twenty-four contestants presented to a panel of five prominent, independent VC, investor judges and CoinAgenda attendees.
From the impressive roster, five companies emerged as winners. In a three-way-tie for first place, awards went to:
- SALT Lending, developers of the first blockchain-backed lending ecosystem featuring Secured Automated Lending Technology which facilitates a new market for loads that are cost effective and fair, and which protects the investments of both lenders and borrowers.
- The Hive Platform, the first cryptocurrency-based invoice financing platform, also tied for first place in recognition of its Ethereum blockchain-powered end-to-end platform that will give small and medium size enterprises (SMEs) easy access to short-term financing by turning their accounts receivables into tradable assets.
- Omega One also shared first-place honours for its development of a decentralized, automated execution system that trades across the world’s crypto exchanges, shielding its members from counterparty risk and reducing the costs of trading.
- DENT Wireless, the world’s first blockchain based Mobile Data Exchange, Tokenizing the mobile data industry and ceating a world-wide marketplace on Ethereum Blockchain to sell and buy Mobile Data with DENT Tokens.
- Closely followed by Propy, the first P2P real estate exchange platform using Ethereum smart contracts and decentralised title registry, awarded third place in recognition of how its real-estate marketplace will solve the problems of purchasing property across borders, through facilitating connections between international entities to enable the seamless purchase of international real estate online.
“We were overwhelmed with the positive reaction to the first-ever CoinAgenda Europe,” said conference director Michael Terpin. “A lot of companies received great exposure to the top-tier investors and funds attending, and the judges found three companies to be of such high quality that they all received perfect scores.”
“The top three winners of the last CoinAgenda in March (CoinAgenda Caribbean) went on to raise more than $200 million,” continued Terpin, “so we wish the latest batch of winners an equivalent degree of success and look forward to our largest event, CoinAgenda Global, in Las Vegas, October 24-26.”
First place (three-way tie) winners were each received $7500 in combined sponsorship awards from CoinAgenda, and tickets to d10e, BECON, and ICO Summit. Second and third place winners received $4400 each for a combined total event awards purse of more than $30k.
Founded in 2014 by the Transform Group and BitAngels blockchain angel network, CoinAgenda is widely recognised as the premier Bitcoin and Digital Currency Investors Conference series that connects and informs investors and entrepreneurs in the bitcoin, blockchain and cryptocurrency sectors. Previous CoinAgenda conferences have been held in Las Vegas and San Juan, Puerto Rico.
For more information about the CoinAgenda conference series please visit http://coinagenda.com/
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017