Ambrosus, the world’s first trusted Blockchain-based ecosystem for the food supply chain, launched today, announcing its upcoming token sale commencing in September 2017.
Combining high-tech sensors, Blockchain technology and smart contracts, Ambrosus was founded to overcome the current deficiencies and challenges of current global food supply chains and markets. Featuring Parity Technologies (Ethcore) co-founders Dr Gavin Wood and Dr Jutta Steiner as Technical advisors, Ambrosus aims to become the world’s first publicly verifiable and community-driven system to assure the quality, safety, and origins of food.
Ambrosus CEO and Co-founder Angel Versetti said:
“At present the global system of food production and distribution does not adequately serve the needs of our society. With little trust amongst consumers, poor living standards for farmers, malpractice within supply chain networks or by large manufacturers, and regular major food scandals, the entire food supply chain ecosystem is nothing close to the thriving and valuable sector that we envision for all stakeholders.”
“With a dynamic ecosystem of complementing technologies developed within and around the Ethereum ecosystem, we have devised a bold rethinking of how the global food supply chains and markets could operate. A system of interconnected quality assurance sensors can reliably record the entire history of food from farm to fork; Blockchain can protect the integrity and verifiability of sensor data; while smart contracts can enable automatic governance of food supply chains and manage commercial relationships between the different actors within them,” Versetti added.
Ambrosus was co-founded in 2016 by Angel Versetti and Dr Stefan Meyer. Prior to co-founding Ambrosus, Versetti, a recognised expert and frequent speaker on innovation, technology, and economic development, held roles at United Nations’ Trade and Investment Division and Department of Technology and Industry, the World Resources Forum, and Bloomberg.
He was one of the youngest lead published authors and project leaders in the history of the UN and regularly sits on discussion panels for Davos, the Vatican, UNESCO, and COP21. Ambrosus co-founder and CTO Dr Stefan Meyer brings over 20 years of R&D experience in food analysis, ultrasound sensors, and data encryption at companies like Nestlé, MHM Microtechnique and Vitargent Biotech. In addition, Meyer was the Founding Managing Director of the Integrative Food and Nutrition Center at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL).
Advising Ambrosus as technical experts are Parity Technologies’ Dr Gavin Wood, the co-founder of Ethereum and Dr Jutta Steiner, former chief of security for the Ethereum Foundation, focusing on the Core Architecture and Supply Chains, respectively. In addition, Parity will serve as Ambrosus’ Core Technology Partner.
“Given Ambrosus’ emphasis on the integration of next-generation sensors with smart contracts, Parity’s contribution will help craft new best practices for the global IoT industry. Parity will also provide support as Ambrosus looks to integrate key aspects of Blockchain into existing supply chains,” added Versetti.
“Parity was created to solve the thorniest and most complex problems,” said Dr Gavin Wood, Co-Founder of Parity Technologies. “We are proud to support the Ambrosus project to architect and develop the technology that could improve the lives of many people by ensuring food quality and safety throughout the world.
The Ambrosus advisory team also includes Dr Vlad Trifa, the Founder of Web of Things, Co-founder of EVRYTHNG and former Head of Digital Lab at Swisscom; Dr Fabiola Dionisi, Nestlé’s Global R&D Programme Leader since 2014; Prof Malcolm Povey, Professor of Food Physics at the University of Leeds and serial inventor of several key food sensing technologies; Prof Esther Amstad, Tenure Track Assistant Professor and Head of the Soft Materials Laboratory at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL); and Prof Sandro Carrara, the Senior Scientist at the Integrated Systems Laboratory at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL).
Officially endorsed by EIT Food and SQS (Swiss Quality and Safety Association), Ambrosus boasts the support of significant global bodies and associations including the United Nations, EPFL, the Crypto Valley Association, and financial backing from the Government of the Canton of Vaud, Switzerland.
As the official partner of the 10YFP Sustainable Food Systems Programme, the flagship programme of the United Nations to align the global food supply chains and industries with the objectives of Sustainable Development Goals, Ambrosus showcased their Blockchain solution at the Global Food Conference of the United Nations in Pretoria, South Africa in on 21 June 2017.
“The combination of the maturity of the technology and the brainpower and creativity of participating actors provides a unique and clear opportunity to build a bridge between Ethereum and the food sector. The funds secured through our crowdsale will fuel the creation of our vibrant, community-driven ecosystem ready to build a better future for the global food markets,” added Versetti.
For more information visit www.ambrosus.com
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017