Ambrosus, the world’s first trusted Blockchain-based ecosystem for the food supply chain, launched today, announcing its upcoming token sale commencing in September 2017.
Combining high-tech sensors, Blockchain technology and smart contracts, Ambrosus was founded to overcome the current deficiencies and challenges of current global food supply chains and markets. Featuring Parity Technologies (Ethcore) co-founders Dr Gavin Wood and Dr Jutta Steiner as Technical advisors, Ambrosus aims to become the world’s first publicly verifiable and community-driven system to assure the quality, safety, and origins of food.
Ambrosus CEO and Co-founder Angel Versetti said:
“At present the global system of food production and distribution does not adequately serve the needs of our society. With little trust amongst consumers, poor living standards for farmers, malpractice within supply chain networks or by large manufacturers, and regular major food scandals, the entire food supply chain ecosystem is nothing close to the thriving and valuable sector that we envision for all stakeholders.”
“With a dynamic ecosystem of complementing technologies developed within and around the Ethereum ecosystem, we have devised a bold rethinking of how the global food supply chains and markets could operate. A system of interconnected quality assurance sensors can reliably record the entire history of food from farm to fork; Blockchain can protect the integrity and verifiability of sensor data; while smart contracts can enable automatic governance of food supply chains and manage commercial relationships between the different actors within them,” Versetti added.
Ambrosus was co-founded in 2016 by Angel Versetti and Dr Stefan Meyer. Prior to co-founding Ambrosus, Versetti, a recognised expert and frequent speaker on innovation, technology, and economic development, held roles at United Nations’ Trade and Investment Division and Department of Technology and Industry, the World Resources Forum, and Bloomberg.
He was one of the youngest lead published authors and project leaders in the history of the UN and regularly sits on discussion panels for Davos, the Vatican, UNESCO, and COP21. Ambrosus co-founder and CTO Dr Stefan Meyer brings over 20 years of R&D experience in food analysis, ultrasound sensors, and data encryption at companies like Nestlé, MHM Microtechnique and Vitargent Biotech. In addition, Meyer was the Founding Managing Director of the Integrative Food and Nutrition Center at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL).
Advising Ambrosus as technical experts are Parity Technologies’ Dr Gavin Wood, the co-founder of Ethereum and Dr Jutta Steiner, former chief of security for the Ethereum Foundation, focusing on the Core Architecture and Supply Chains, respectively. In addition, Parity will serve as Ambrosus’ Core Technology Partner.
“Given Ambrosus’ emphasis on the integration of next-generation sensors with smart contracts, Parity’s contribution will help craft new best practices for the global IoT industry. Parity will also provide support as Ambrosus looks to integrate key aspects of Blockchain into existing supply chains,” added Versetti.
“Parity was created to solve the thorniest and most complex problems,” said Dr Gavin Wood, Co-Founder of Parity Technologies. “We are proud to support the Ambrosus project to architect and develop the technology that could improve the lives of many people by ensuring food quality and safety throughout the world.
The Ambrosus advisory team also includes Dr Vlad Trifa, the Founder of Web of Things, Co-founder of EVRYTHNG and former Head of Digital Lab at Swisscom; Dr Fabiola Dionisi, Nestlé’s Global R&D Programme Leader since 2014; Prof Malcolm Povey, Professor of Food Physics at the University of Leeds and serial inventor of several key food sensing technologies; Prof Esther Amstad, Tenure Track Assistant Professor and Head of the Soft Materials Laboratory at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL); and Prof Sandro Carrara, the Senior Scientist at the Integrated Systems Laboratory at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL).
Officially endorsed by EIT Food and SQS (Swiss Quality and Safety Association), Ambrosus boasts the support of significant global bodies and associations including the United Nations, EPFL, the Crypto Valley Association, and financial backing from the Government of the Canton of Vaud, Switzerland.
As the official partner of the 10YFP Sustainable Food Systems Programme, the flagship programme of the United Nations to align the global food supply chains and industries with the objectives of Sustainable Development Goals, Ambrosus showcased their Blockchain solution at the Global Food Conference of the United Nations in Pretoria, South Africa in on 21 June 2017.
“The combination of the maturity of the technology and the brainpower and creativity of participating actors provides a unique and clear opportunity to build a bridge between Ethereum and the food sector. The funds secured through our crowdsale will fuel the creation of our vibrant, community-driven ecosystem ready to build a better future for the global food markets,” added Versetti.
For more information visit www.ambrosus.com
- Pulsar Venture Capital Holds ICO to Raise Money Using Blockchain - October 19, 2017
- Dash Expands Reach In Asia Through Cooperation With Rising Fintech Company QUOINE - October 19, 2017
- Hacken and Neuromation Partnership Launched to Stomp out Blockchain Cybercrime - October 19, 2017
- Playkey Brings in $1 Million in Pre-Sale Campaign and Welcomes Dillon Seo as VR Advisor - October 19, 2017
- SolarCoin Founders Introduce New Blockchain-Based Network for Global, Decentralized Energy Trading - October 19, 2017
- Kazakhstan’s Lendex.io plans ICO in early 2018 - October 19, 2017
- Swissborg – The Blockchain Era of Swiss Private Banking – Announced ICO - October 19, 2017
- Bank4YOU Group’s launches ICO end of October – Investors Call to Action - October 19, 2017
- Live Pre-sale of Trive: Fights Fake News Using Cryptocurrency and Crowdsourced Research - October 19, 2017
- A New Ozone Layer? Arcona Plans for Augmented Reality Layer to Cover Earth Surface in new AR project - October 19, 2017
- Cofound.it Introduces Seed Program for Early Blockchain Startups - October 19, 2017
- LOOMIA Announces Collaboration With Storj Labs, Introduces Smart Fabrics and Consumer Data to Blockchain Technology - October 19, 2017
- DECENT Launches Beta Release of DECENT GO, The First Decentralized Marketplace for Digital Content - October 19, 2017
- Orebits Corporation, Inc. Announces Orebits Pool, LLC and Orebits.AU Eco-System - October 19, 2017
- Pareto – the Peer to Peer Financial Content Marketplace Announces Token Sale - October 19, 2017
- Appsolutely Launches the LoyalPlatform, LoyalCoin and LoyalWallet; Using Blockchain to Usher in the New “Loyalty Economy” - October 19, 2017
- Eidoo Raises $27.9m In Successful ICO To Bridge The Cryptocurrency Gap And Open The World Of Digital Currencies To The Masses - October 19, 2017
- Malta-based RoboAdvisorCoin (RAC) Launches Token Sale for Robo-Advisor Dedicated to Cryptocurrencies and Digital Assets - October 19, 2017
- BLOCKv Announces the Availability of VEE Tokens Through Its Upcoming Token Generation Event – Open to Public on October 19, 2017 - October 19, 2017
- The Fundchain initiative starts again this year with new Research & Development roadmap for the investment fund industry - October 19, 2017
- Digital Cryptocurrency Vault DigiPulse Reaches $1 million in Token Sale - October 19, 2017
- Tickets Cloud Kicks off crypto.tickets ICO - October 19, 2017
- Ex-JP Morgan Vice President Dr Joseph Chen-Yu Wang Joins Ambrosus as Project Manager - October 19, 2017
- Russian Wood for Cryptocurrency – Timber! - October 19, 2017
- Proof Suite Announces Token Sale for Blockchain Platform Designed to Tokenize and Insure Real World Assets - October 19, 2017
- DataWallet Announces Blockchain-Based, Consumer-to-Business Data Exchange - October 19, 2017
- IEEE Releases Findings from First Detailed Study of Blockchain Adoption in the Pharmaceutical Enterprise - October 19, 2017
- Horizon State Launches Token Sale to Modernize Global Voting and Collaborative Decision Making - October 19, 2017
- Metaps Plans to Launch Time Marketplace ‘Timebank’ Token Sale on COMSA - October 19, 2017
- Lykke Vanuatu brings Binary.com tokens to Lykke Vanuatu Exchange - October 19, 2017
- After raising $15M in a pre-sale, BitClave is ramping up for its Nov 8 crowdsale, and its plans to redefine the search experience - October 19, 2017
- Kazakhstan Is About To Launch The First Cryptocurrency, Directly Backed By Fiat Money - October 19, 2017
- Positive.com launches to protect Initial Coin Offerings from cyber attack - October 19, 2017
- Latium Launches LATX Cryptocurrency Token Sale for Participation in AI-Based Tasking Platform - October 18, 2017
- IBM Announces Major Blockchain Solution to Speed Global Payments - October 18, 2017
- Launch of SMSCHAIN, a Blockchain-based SMS Gateway - October 18, 2017
- Streamr Concludes a 30 Million CHF Crowd Contribution Period to Build Decentralized Real-Time Data Economy - October 18, 2017
- Publica Building New eCommerce Platform for the Publishing Ecosystem – Token Sale Coming Soon - October 18, 2017
- BLOCKv Partners with Storj Labs to Provide Decentralized Storage Architecture and New Toolsets to Power Next Generation Digital Objects - October 18, 2017
- Coinme Announces the Start of the UpToken Sale Today With Over $40 Million USD in Pre-Registration Signups - October 18, 2017
- Blockbid Announces Launch Of ICO Backed By Multi-Cryptocurrency Trading Platform - October 18, 2017
- SportyFi – Decentralized Sports Investment Start-up Endorsed by Soccer Superstar Roberto Carlos - October 16, 2017
- Acronis Joins Runa Capital and Parallels In Accelerating Innovation and Supporting Blockchain Initiatives in Malta - October 16, 2017
- Jaxx Allows First Crowdsale Participation with STORM Token - October 16, 2017
- Hyperledger Knits New Project – Hyperledger Quilt - October 16, 2017
- Legolas Exchange Partners With BanQix to Protect Institutional Investors - October 16, 2017
- MARK.SPACE Announces Launch Of Blockchain-powered VR-platform With Upcoming Token Crowdsale - October 16, 2017
- IRTI Partners With Ateon And Settlemint To Develop Blockchain-based Products For Financial Inclusion - October 16, 2017
- Golden Alliance Coin Announces ICO – For Mining Gold - October 16, 2017
- Media Aggregator Esports Gold Announces $5 Million Ethereum Token Sale - October 16, 2017