Neufund, a Blockchain-based and investor-directed platform which bridges the worlds of Blockchain and venture capital – has just launched the ICO Transparency Monitor. It’s a powerful toolkit that gives easy access to objective Blockchain metrics and that allows anyone to form a well-informed judgement on the trustworthiness of ICOs.
As an innovative peer-to-peer tool stemming from the community itself, it is decentralised and free of cost and the team warmly welcomes you to make use of its systemised data and clear infographics for those seeking to find out objective information on Token Generation Events (TGEs).
With the new ICO Transparency Monitor, Neufund is launching a powerful toolkit for evaluating ICOs and other Token Generating Events. It allows to score past, present, and future crypto fundraising actions along a series of dimensions, each of which contributes to an overall judgment as “transparent”, “transparent with issues”, or “non-transparent”.
The mission at Neufund is to open innovation for good and they claim to do this by providing a secure, legal, and Blockchain-based mechanism for promising projects and companies to raise capital and issue equity tokens, and for their investors to benefit from funding them.
From a recent blog post at Medium.
Towards a Real ‘Trust Machine’
While Blockchains themselves have been cherished as groundbreaking ‘Trust Machines’, this only holds true if they are designed in a fashion in which one does not have to rely on the good intentions of their developers. Instead, one needs to build technical infrastructure and align the incentives necessary to sustain positive sum interactions. In that light then, how can investors and journalists be well-informed whether a given ICO is transparent and trustworthy?
So far, a deep literacy of crypto-economic details has been necessary to assess the fundamentals of ICOs, or to compare results between different projects. This has turned the professional scanning of the many emerging ICOs into a truly daunting task — or into a situation, in which one would still have to invest interpersonal trust. Additionally, the sheer number of ICOs announced on a day-to-day basis has made it ever more challenging to stay continuously well-informed on recent developments in the space.
The ICO Transparency Monitor finally facilitates this process for everyone, supporting an informed personal judgment. This allows everyone to invest responsibly and makes the space much more inclusive overall. It can do so by delivering an algorithmic evaluation of comprehensive Blockchain-specific data. As opposed to personal investment advice, this rigid mechanism offers an unbiased metric based on decentralised analysis.
A Contribution to the Ecosystem
They firmly believe that crypto tech can be an incredibly strong tool for good in the world. For realising this promise though, securing the proper protection of all its participants must be the priority. With the recent issuance of its Token Investigate Report, the US Securities and Exchange Commission made it clear that the community shares this overarching concern with the regulatory side.
It is most crucial, however, that the states of law and technology must go hand in hand. Prompt and apt regulation is key for planning security and sure-handed conduct of technological applications. Only if modern overhauls of respective legal frameworks touch upon the novel features of Blockchain technology can they do justice to the present era of the Internet.
At the same time, they are convinced that innovative peer-to-peer tools stemming from the community itself are the most practical means to catalyse a healthy progression trajectory of the crypto world. In order to reach its full potential, clear guidance is much needed for the ecosystem in order to prevent fraud and to promote future innovation.
More from their Blog post on the subject:
We are eager to contribute to this advancement by facilitating an easy access to objective Blockchain metrics. This addresses the concerns of protecting participants by fostering more transparency in the industry: What are the characteristics of the underlying smart contract? Are the rights of token holders protected in a trustless way? How are the funds distributed? Among many other parameters, the ICO Transparency Monitor makes such information now genuinely available for everyone.
At the same time, it holds crypto-economy entrepreneurs, just like us, accountable for their due diligence. In this spirit, we will invite crypto experts from the community to audit our own ICO code and then let the ICO Transparency Monitor scrutinise it for the public to witness.
The ICO serves as a universally accessible transparency benchmark for the community. As such, it constitutes an unprecedented effort with a number of special features:
1. The analysis is exclusively based on data from the Ethereum ledger.
The ICO Transparency Monitor does not aim to add another opinion on respective teams, token models, or their ecosystem impact to the discourse. Instead, code is sourced directly from Ethereum to verify that is indeed deployed on the public ledger. The whole Blockchain is scanned to collect all token generation events logged by the ICO smart contract.
This does not constitute a typical code review — in fact, we can thereby detect breaches in trustless trust, i.e. designs in which essential terms are controlled by a person instead of a reliable and self-executing smart contract. A warning is triggered when cash flows are not handled in the way they should. One can recognise when a smart contract code is convoluted, or when it does something different than it should do. The analyses follow pre-defined technical categories and thus allow for interpretation and comparability at first glance.
3. The results are clearly displayed.
As this is a tool intended to inform the public, we have made it easy to understand the content presented. We use a combination of several types of charts, text comments, as well as simple checkmarks to provide maximum richness and context. This has two main dimensions: A thorough display of the analysed data on the one hand, and an answered questionnaire to crucial transparency-related questions on the other.
3. Any kind of Token Generating Event can be analysed.
By adding custom ICOs to the Transparency Monitor, all kinds of Token Generating Events can be analysed, including past, ongoing and upcoming projects.
4. Anyone can add ICOs for free.
The ICO Transparency Monitor manifests the community effort that is due today: Anyone (including project owners, fans, and investors) can add ICOs for free in order to assess them, and to make them accessible for others. Of course, we still verify the provided information (you can add a new ICO via a pull-request in Github). This inclusiveness results in a thorough proof of quality instead of mere marking. It prevents an arbitrary, hand-picked selection of displayed projects, delivering undistorted results without conflicts of interest.
Calling Upon the Community
We now invite you to try out the ICO Transparency Monitor yourself. Providing the initial details on an ICO is as simple as adding them to our GitHub. The more ICOs the Monitor depicts, the more powerful it becomes as a tool to make the entire crypto space a more transparent place. That’s why we warmly welcome you to join, contribute and benefit.
Our hope is that by offering this service to the public we will be doing our small part in exposing scams faster, helping investors direct their funds to honorable players, and just overall accelerating the maturation of this community that has treated us so well.
If you have questions regarding the ICO Transparency Monitor or Neufund, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. For a full technical explanation and usage instructions, please visit https://github.com/Neufund/ico-transparency-monitor.
- Kybernetwork To Close Their ICO Whitelist Early Due To Massive Early Registration - August 20, 2017
- VR Startup DECENTRALAND Closes Token Launch with $25 Million Raise in 10 Seconds - August 19, 2017
- Napoleonx Plans DAFs (Decentralized Autonomous Funds) To Bridge The Gap Between Crypto And Real Assets Active Investing, Unboxing The Crypto World - August 19, 2017
- Lampix Image Mining for Augmented Reality - August 19, 2017
- BlockMason Announces First SEC-Compliant Public American ICO - August 18, 2017
- Tightened EU Regulations Enabling Blockchain Technology in Pharmaceutical Supply Chain - August 18, 2017
- Mark Cuban Portfolio Company Unikrn Seeks to Sell $100 Million in UnikoinGold tokens - August 18, 2017
- Dash To Host Its First Ever Global Conference - August 17, 2017
- LAToken Tokenized Apple Shares to Sell Them for Cryptocurrencies - August 17, 2017
- Sensay, Groundbreaking AI and Chatbot Company Launches Token Sale - August 17, 2017
- ICOBox Token Presale Attracts $8.3 Million - August 17, 2017
- Indorse, the Decentralized Professional Social Network, Receives Additional Backing From Coinsilium After $5.5 million Pre-Sale - August 16, 2017
- Decentraland Partners With imToken, Connext, and Bitcoin Suisse - August 16, 2017
- Ethereum-based Car Towing Aggregator CarTaxi Plans ICO - August 16, 2017
- Ukraine Government to Allow Foreign Investors to Purchase Real Estate Online with Propy - August 16, 2017
- Cofound.it to Launch Weekly Crowdsales through September - August 15, 2017
- Blockstream Satellite: Broadcasting Bitcoin from Space - August 15, 2017
- Dr. Christian Seberino – Houston Texas Blockchain Course Kicks Off Friday August 18, 2017 - August 14, 2017
- Skycoin – Skywire Miner: Hardware for the Next Internet - August 12, 2017
- NSD and Waves kickstart development of Crypto Assets platform - August 12, 2017
- ICONOMI Introduces Columbus Capital As Its First Asset Management Partner - August 12, 2017
- Siberians to Launch ICO for Decentralized Betting eSports Platform - August 12, 2017
- Decentralized News Network Releases Alpha Update - August 12, 2017
- Gibraltar’s Fintech Sector Moves Forward – Awards Xapo E-money license - August 11, 2017
- AMBROSUS Partners with TREK THERAPEUTICS to Develop a Blockchain-powered Method to Track Quality in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing - August 11, 2017
- Outlier Ventures Becomes First VC To Hire ‘Head of Crypto-Economics’ With Appointment of Eden Dhaliwal - August 11, 2017
- Rivetz Raises $5.5 Million in RvT Token Pre-Sale; Public Token Crowdsale Begins Today, Capped at 200,000 ETH - August 10, 2017
- Leading Japanese VCs, Nippon Technology Venture Partners, FISCO Capitals, and ABBALab Inc all to invest in COMSA ICO tokens and XEM - August 10, 2017
- Binded Launches One Click U.S. Copyright Registrations - August 10, 2017
- Illinois Opens Blockchain Development Partnership with Hashed Health - August 9, 2017
- Jaxx and Cofound.it Partner to Give Best New Cryptocurrencies Immediate Liquidity - August 9, 2017
- GoldMint Project Plans to Provide 100 per cent Gold-Backed Stable Assets - August 9, 2017
- Launching a Blockchain Solution to Make Aviation Safer – Aeron.aero - August 9, 2017
- Blackmoon Financial Group Launches Blockchain-Based Platform for Tokenized Investment Funds - August 9, 2017
- SONM Launches Updated Platform With Discovery Algorithm - August 9, 2017
- AirFox Announces ICO to Make Mobile Data More Accessible and Affordable - August 8, 2017
- Golden Fleece Project To Expand Massive Altcoin Mining Ecosystem With Token Sale - August 8, 2017
- Notorious Lobbyist Jack Abramoff to Coach Bitcoin Activists in New Washington, DC-based Reality Docu-series from Blockchain Entertainment and Ignition Creative - August 8, 2017
- ATMChain’s Project In China With 7,000 Intelligent Media Screens ‘Goes Blockchain’ Through DECENT - August 8, 2017
- NEM.io Foundation Partners with Blockchain Global to Expand International Reach - August 8, 2017
- CFTE working with MAS to help ASEAN finance professionals acquire the skills of Finance 2.0 - August 8, 2017
- Rivetz International Partners with LAToken to Boost Marketplace Security on Mobile Devices - August 8, 2017
- investFeed Finishes Successful Token Generation Event - August 8, 2017
- Zen Protocol Unveils Testnet To Decentralize Finance - August 8, 2017
- Blockchain Startup JAAK Announce Official Pilot With Viacom UK - August 7, 2017
- RefToken Releases Blockchain Affiliate Platform Prototype – Announces Token Generation Event - August 5, 2017
- Dash Employs Elite Cybersecurity Service Bugcrowd to ‘Hack’ Its Blockchain - August 5, 2017
- 144,000 Free Spins up for grabs montly in BitStarz’s new Slot Battles! - August 5, 2017
- Stox Token Sale Raises $33 Million in 34 Hours – The Seventh Biggest of 2017 - August 4, 2017
- Swap Announces AIR Token Launch and AIRSWAP, a Decentralized, Peer-to-Peer Trading Platform - August 4, 2017