London: The Centre for Finance, Technology and Entrepreneurship (CFTE) has signalled its intention today to set up its first international hub in Singapore. CFTE has been working closely with the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) to formalise plans to expand CFTE’s education initiative to ASEAN.
The objective is to train finance professionals in technology-related skills to help them transition to a world of digital finance, both in Singapore and in the ASEAN region.
Tram Anh Nguyen, CFTE’s Co-founder, said,
“I strongly believe that in a world dominated by technology, people must remain at the centre of society and organisations, and that education and training are key to help individuals adapt to a fast changing world. Singapore and MAS have a very comprehensive strategy about human capital and we are honoured to be working with them to help finance professionals in ASEAN make the most in a world of digital finance.”
Sopnendu Mohanty, Chief FinTech Officer, MAS, said,
“We welcome CFTE to set up its education hub in Singapore. The people factor is crucial for the success in FinTech as well as our innovation-driven Smart Financial Centre. It is at the heart of what we do to sustain and grow the FinTech movement in Singapore, through a vibrant range of channels and opportunities for people to develop deep skills that are relevant to the market.”
CFTE is a new education initiative for the finance sector. Emerging technologies are disrupting traditional finance and enabling FinTech companies and forward thinking organisations to create new and innovative digital finance products.
This is creating demand for professionals with a technical skill set who have the ability to understand the application of these new technologies. It is CFTE’s mission to help finance professionals develop the necessary technical skills that will enable them to work with emerging digital technologies and in turn contribute to the growth of digital finance.
CFTE will also train technology professionals in order to show them how to utilise their existing skill set in finance 2.0. CFTE delivers courses that cover the major trends affecting the finance industry.
Participants will have the opportunity to learn about subjects such as Artificial Intelligence, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), coding, blockchain, and RegTech. Courses will be delivered via a blend of online learning and in-class training. Online learning will take place via an EdTech platform that leverages mobile and adaptive technologies to provide an engaging learning experience across multiple digital channels.
In-class training will be delivered via workshops, group projects, mentoring sessions, and intensive bootcamps at the education hub in Singapore. The curriculum has been designed in collaboration with an exceptional advisory and academic board who are finance, technology and innovation leaders from organisations such as Harvard Business School, Imperial College London, Hong Kong University, Citi, Ping An, HSBC, Lloyds Banking Group, Fintech SuperCharger, and Holberton School.
In addition, there have been further inputs from consultations with industry experts, financial institutions, start-ups, and academia. The scope of the education hub will extend beyond serving as a platform to deliver training.
It will embody CFTE’s core value of building an inclusive ecosystem that creates a cascade of multiplier effects to positively benefit Singapore and ASEAN economies. It is with this goal in mind that CFTE will look to integrate closely with Singapore’s finance and education community. CFTE is actively looking to build partnerships with local academic institutions, financial institutions, start-ups, technology accelerators, and more generally the wider ecosystem.
This will ensure professionals training with CFTE can have an immediate impact where their skills are needed the most. MAS is recognised as the world’s most progressive financial regulatory body.
It has implemented a number of supportive initiatives to help drive the continuous development of the FinTech sector in Singapore. These initiatives tie into the city- state’s Smart Nation programme, which has the overarching objective of utilising technology to improve the lives of its citizens in every manner possible. Education plays a central role in achieving this objective.
The government has heavily invested in programs like SkillsFuture to help Singaporeans develop the skills necessary for the economy to upgrade to a tech first society.
The support for CFTE to establish the hub of their education initiative in Singapore strengthens MAS’s commitment to this end goal. By working closely with MAS to implement this initiative, CFTE hopes to lay the foundations that will help finance professionals in Singapore and neighbouring economies to upskill and benefit from the transition to Finance 2.0.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017